CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lucky1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

DMD functions require additional electronic, and display in same TFT is difficult because DMD is horizontal proportions 32:8, but TFT for this mod is vertical 9:16, so its hard put a 32:8 horizontal screen in a 9:16 vertical display, do not fit. If the screen attempts to display the DMD, it will be very small.
This kit may detect shots to any target in playfield, but calculate scores according with shots may be hard because must apply all rules to calculate it.
May show messages, play video animations, pictures, show specific score for a target when shot to it, etc..., but calculate and show total score is not easy. I will check to see how hard may be to do it, firmware must check status of all targets and matrix lamps, then apply rules and calculate total score.

Why so complicated ? You could easily catch the dmd data and display it in a part of the screen. 1080 pixel width should be enough to display a upscaled picture of the 128x32 DMD dots.

1 year later
#768 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

As for the comments, that there is another product on the market, very well, that's the way it should be, that everyone chooses, that does not change anything at all for me, nor does it compete with my product, because it does not look like anything. I only make quality products, ready to use, professional designs, hardware, software and mechanics, all plug and play, for those who want the best. DIY products do not interest me at all, from experience, they only give problems.

Putting some nice looking hardware together is the easy part, when the concept is known to be working.
Normally you start such projects with a proof of concept but you seem to prefer to produce nice looking pcbs and posting pictures of them without having tested that your technical approach works at all.

Like you admit in your post here in a raspberry Pi forum (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=189280)
"Yes, I know, but my two MCP23S17 share same address (and SPI port), and I can not change it now, because of my PCB is already manufactured."

Very strange and not very promising from my perspective. But what do I know. I´m not a professional.

1 month later
#894 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

My favorite beer is Franziskaner, but any type of Hefeweizen will do

Paulaner is also nice !

3 weeks later
9 months later
#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

I think also. 20 month ago, I bought a DMDMK66 from pinballsp, he tell me I can use full colorization in a short time with magic editor. And now, there is a magic editor available, but no firmware for the display to use it
And now, you can me put me to your german troll list

I must admit that I really like the video work which is shown in this thread. I really hope that this all will come to reality in a mod.
and I think it could be all so easy by joining forces. I have ported pin2dmd just for fun to DMDMK66 and demonstrated that full color is possible with this hardware too. Steve already released a working Video Holo Mod for CFTBL based on his Tilt!Audio project. As a kind of spinoff of his project I just designed and successfully tested a WPC-Bus-Enhancer pcb making it possible to trigger other hardware by sound commands without replacing the original Soundcard. Which means we have all hard and software in place needed to release this project . What Steve and I just don´t like is packing, assembling and shipping things. We both have a well paid daily job and don´t enjoy to do such things in our spare time. Although Luis keeps calling us trolls we are still open for suggestions of cooperation. I think we all want to see this come to life and to be honest internet comments of any kind have nothing to do with real life communication. Send me or Steve a e-mail if you want to cooperate. I´m even in Valencia in 2 weeks if you want to speak personally. If you are close to a release of your own hard and software or are not interested just discard this post.

4 months later
#1795 3 years ago

In Telegram Messenger he was last seen 8hours ago, so at least he seems to be checking his messages.

2 months later
#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

As for the purchase of a pinball Creature to have it here and be able to do my own tests, the deal is practically closed. I am waiting to know the dimensions of the cabinet and the machine head, because it will probably have to be disassembled in two parts, to be able to get it into my house, since the elevators are not large enough to fit the entire machine.

According to http://www.pinballowners.com/planeta9999 you own 29 machines and don´t know the dimensions of a standard WPC cabinet ?

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Has he ever finished a mod? Just curious.

If you look into his shop on facebook there are only projects which rely on the development of others and where he took only the publicly available schematics and made his own pcb design of it.
DMDMK66 = https://github.com/ecurtz/RGB_DMD
DMDST32 = PIN2DMD
VIDEOSP 192x64 = SEGA DMD Controller pcb design converted to SMD
TESTER CPU BALLY/Williams = switchmatrix and lampmatrix connected to buttons and LEDs

Afaik not one project has been finished where he had to do the software development.

Quoted from robotron911:

But the content he has done looks awesome.

That is true, but it is the work of a graphic designer he hired.

1 month later
#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I can understand the disappointment though. If I had a CFTBL, I would want this so bad. But it has been fun for me to watch this thread. His videos are awesome! Like you said.. I can't imagine this won't at least inspire somebody even if it doesn't get released. But I still find it hard to believe he won't release especially now that he has so much money invested and finally owns an actual CFTBL.

Steve and I offered him help to finish this mod a long time ago.

Quoted from lucky1:

I must admit that I really like the video work which is shown in this thread. I really hope that this all will come to reality in a mod and I think it could be all so easy by joining forces.
Send me or Steve a e-mail if you want to cooperate.

Unfortunately he does not want to cooperate. Neither on DMDMK66 nor on this project. He prefers to take public projects from others, relabel and release them under his own project name. Steve and I have all the pieces together to release this mod even without tiltaudio within a few weeks. And yes we have a video of it working https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-creature-holo-mod-for-cftbl

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So produce yours. It would sell, then this guy could sell his videos.

Quoted from lucky1:

What Steve and I just don´t like is packing, assembling and shipping things. We both have a well paid daily job and don´t enjoy to do such things in our spare time.

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I understand and respect the fact you don’t like assembly and packing... but I think it is rather disingenuous to come into this thread and flaunt your solution that as far as a potential buyer is concerned is in the exact same state as this one. If they can’t buy a fully plug and play solution it might as well not exist. robertstone0407 appeared to take your solution pretty far but then went dark over a year ago on it.

That is the reason why I was talking to Luis about a cooperation and offered to make his solution work from the firmware side.
Furthermore I don´t see Steve´s solution not at all in the same state as Luis solution, because it already has been built and installed from users in their cftbl machine and is a flawlessly working DIY solution with all information to build it publicly available.

#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I'm going to answer you, although I shouldn't, not because you don't deserve an answer, but because of the consequences. I'm going to do it only once, and never again.

1.- Everything that I design and sell has characteristics that are advertised and that are 100% fulfilled. So it has been and so it will always be.
2.- The advanced coloring feature for my DMDMK66 (Magic DMD will be the new product name) is a theme that I was developing, in fact the Editor is finished. An extremely powerful Editor, with infinitely better features than any other similar that you can see out there, and as we all know there is only one more.
3.- I was working on the 128x16 DMD and the advanced coloring firmware, when many people started asking me to finish the hologram mod, which is what I am doing now.
4.- I do not support ILLEGAL products, nor therefore do I collaborate with CRIMINALS (thieves in this case). Does it surprise you? It is what happens when one does not know the history, the authentic one and not the lies that some have been spreading for years constantly and that some are believed without corroborating them.

Let's see, I'll tell you more clearly and you will surely understand, PIN2DMD is an ILLEGAL product, I don't know if my English is bad and I don't translate correctly, again PIN2DMD is an ILLEGAL product. And why, you wonder surely surprised ?, because it is based on a STOLEN source code and used without authorization from its authentic owner. I already presented EVIDENCES in the forum a long time ago, I am attaching them again in case you did not see them (obviously you do not know). Now I refer you to point 4 and the end of the story, if you know of another similar open source and LEGAL project, I have no problem collaborating.
That in regards to LEGALITY issues. Then there are the moral issues, ethics, and good behavior. I never collaborate with bad people, MANIPULATORS, with liars, hypocrites, self-centered, people who are not to be trusted because they deceive you, those who copy, plagiarize, steal, hack, those who accuse others of what they do (yes, they are that cynical), those who always blame others for their mistakes, those who try to harm a competitor by spreading lies that they repeat millions of times thinking that this way will become truths.
I think I have answered all your questions.
And if you have any doubts as to why an ILLEGAL product is allowed, that no longer depends on me, you go to the authorities and have them explain it to you, I don't understand it either.
And so far, although the story is much longer and with many more details, it is enough to write an encyclopedia. I will NEVER talk about these issues again, because I am already more than fed up with that bunch of undesirable TROLLS who constantly bother and lie.

PS: one more detail, I ALWAYS respond to EVERYONE in no more than 24 hours (by email, whatsapp or Facebook messaging), whoever says otherwise LIES. Any query or CLAIM receives a response in a few hours, ALWAYS. And I ALWAYS solve any problem that any product of mine may have, AT NO COST to the customer if the product is under warranty. I repeat it, ALWAYS and whoever says otherwise LIES.
PS 2: my name, address and telephone number are PUBLIC, anyone knows who I am and can locate me. Are the personal data of these TROLLs also public, including those of pin2dmd? The answer is NO. Lying hiding behind anonymity apart from being cowards is typical of those who engage in CRIMINAL acts.

[quoted image] [quoted image]

There are some who say that people who shout or write in capital letters are always right, but let me put this right with a few sentences.

What pinballSP and Noah Fentz aka owner of VirtuaPin, is calling stealing source code is the fact that we used parts of the USB communication code which was originally added to the pinmame source to be used with VirtuaPins pindmd product. IMHO what we did, using and modifying existing code to add new features like e.g color DMD devices to a open source project, is normal or further more a essential part of the development of such projects. Btw the authentic owner of this part of the code is @russdx, who is also in the "Troll group" of this thread. The second accusation is that we are not allowed to call our display pin2dmd because VirtuaPins product name is pindmd. I´m not an expert if that is true or not, but so far I haven´t heard about a single customers buying a pindmd thinking that it was a pin2dmd and vice versa.

That´s the whole thing behind the stealing/lying/illegal accusations above and now back to the original topic.

PS. There is an imprint on pin2dmd.com with all the contact data which has to be there for legal reasons on every website.

PS2. I take your post as a no, that you don´t want or need our help to finish your product(s). In the name of those being interested in your HoloMod or DMDMK66 to be finished one day I wish you good luck !

#2106 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

The raspberry pi is very capable of scanning the machines switch matrix directly via its gpio with just a few components (no external micro is needed) this is a very very easy problem to solve. It sounds like lucky1 has all this done anyway he’s just missing the fancy videos the Op has had a artist draw up.

PIN2DMD is capable of sending out serial commands when certain dmd images appear and I have also made a pcb which is connected to the WPC bus to send out commands when a certain sound is played. It was meant for those who don´t want to replace the original sound board with TiltAudio to make Steves CFTBL mod work with his Serial Media Server. Steve also has read out the switch matrix of DataEast pinball machines with a arduino to control LED strips.
So far we did not have a project which is reading out the lamp and switch matrix from WPC machines like Luis want´s to do it, but given the fact that I had to look at the timing of those signals for my PIN2RPI project (https://www.flippertreff.de/start/forum/topic/11513-pin2rpi-wpc89s95-raspberry-pi-pinball-controller/) it should not be too hard to realize that also in a small PCB.

2 months later
#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

PIN2DMD is capable of sending out serial commands when certain dmd images appear and I have also made a pcb which is connected to the WPC bus to send out commands when a certain sound is played. It was meant for those who don´t want to replace the original sound board with TiltAudio to make Steves CFTBL mod work with his Serial Media Server.

Compy´s mod uses the sound commands to trigger and playback the videos on the PI just like I suggested PinballSP over one year ago, but of course he knows better how to make a mod work.

2 months later
#2585 3 years ago

I would definitely wait until a successful installation report of someone who was in the first batch is out, until I would send him my money. The first batch could be fake news like his development progress in his LED display firmware, where 99% of 300 committed updates are nothing but a change in the README file https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/commits/master .

#2586 3 years ago

Here is a info I found on his facebook page (see first picture) he posted one week ago. First batch hasn´t been shipped although he told on the 7th of January (2nd picture) that it is already sold out. So I think anyone who got contacted this week is in the group of the first batch alpha users.

PinballSP (resized).jpegPinballSP (resized).jpegpinballSP2 (resized).jpegpinballSP2 (resized).jpeg

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

why link to github when his stuff migrated to gitlab?

It doesn´t matter. The same faked progress on gitlab. 265 commits and 99% with no code change. Only updates on the README file.
https://gitlab.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/-/commits/master

#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

hacking it in a way that users can just install pin2dmd as update is not so easy. the mk66 offers a hardware lock, that prohibits flashing the device and additional Luis uses a encrypted bootloader. the bootloader itself is open source, but not the keys.
the only way around is to use the hardware debugging interface that is still exposed on his boards, and reset the flash lock and by doing that erasing the whole device. requires a so called dap usb dongle (or a raspberry pi) and because of a tight timing in the reset sequence a few tries. after that procedure you can use the same debug interface to flash it. we did once as a poc., but it's not really easy to do for everybody.

I posted a little info about this method here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/24#post-6102569

2 weeks later
#2607 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Steve45 took this over and gave it life under tiltaudio

Quoted from trueno92:

Lucky1 and steve45 pick this up, and find a way to load pin2dmd firmware on to it.

To make things clear we (Steve and I) never took something over or picked something up, Luis came up with.

TiltAudio is initially based on the development of SMYP which he called Raspinsound and was continued by Steve.

DMDST32 is based on the schematics we published for PIN2DMD and a unauthorized copy, ignoring the license it was published under, of our firmware.
The only thing he did is create a custom PCB for it.

DMDMK66 is based on the concept, schematics and the source code of RGB.DMD from ecurtz.
To port PIN2DMD to Kinetis MK66 I used these schematics with a Teensy 3.6 and a shield pcb.
We later tested it on a board from Luis which again is only a custom pcb.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 27.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falls Church, VA
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 11.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lucky1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.