CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

Your idea for hardware looks okay, but once all that stuff goes under the playfield all people will see (and judge) of your mod will be whatever video (and still picture) files come with it. MikeD's images were great, but you won't be re-using his files. And not many people will want to buy your system if they have to supply there own video files for it.

My Creature was built in March of 1993 and I bought it in 1994. Its original hologram hasn't been exposed much since then and is still nice and green. As soon as I get a pin I try to stockpile unique spare parts for it that I think I might need in future years, so I ordered a few lagoon window plastics and a spare OEM hologram (which I have stored in a closed box still in the WMS packaging). After enjoying the original hologram for twenty years I switched over to the MikeD mod for the variety of images displayed during gameplay (instead of just seeing the Creature occasionally during multiball). If only the game could display the original hologram during multiball and MikeD's images the rest of the time... (Spare hologram is not for sale. Please do not PM me.)

1 month later
#149 7 years ago

My original hologram is still green and in good shape, I have a brand new OEM hologram I purchased decades ago, I have one of MikeD's kits in my game...and I'd still like to be put on the list for your new CFTBL mod (I'd buy one just in case your images are even better than Mike's fine vids).

2 weeks later
#203 6 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

Don't forget the insect repellent as the crocodiles and snakes are a bit frisky due to Cyclone Debbie.

Does insect repellent really ward off crocodiles and snakes? That must be some really good insect repellent!

2 months later
#284 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Who and what are they?

The Canadian versions of Beavis and Butthead.

1 month later
#315 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Can I be your friend?

Sure. Any time you're in the neighborhood, Mister Rogers.

3 months later
#459 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I have also made two round boards (attached pictures) of 76mm in diameter, these can be installed in the bumpers, I will use them to test the digital LED output of the Holod ModSP controller board. One of the round boards installs 85 x RGB Digital LEDs, and the other installs 547 x Digital RGB LEDs. Both can play colored LED animations, according to status of the switches, bumpers, flashing lights, motors, etc. The 547 x LED Led board is practically a round Video Screen that can play Animated GIF files in a 25 x 27 matrix. There is also a controller board, for people that only want the Bumper Led boards, this do not need a Raspberry and store all video animations in a micro SD card (Holo ModSP store all files in a USB Pendrive).

Definitely interested in some of the new bumber boards as well as the Creature hologram replacement kit!

2 months later
#506 6 years ago

Still interested in this (and your bumper boards whenever they are ready). Please keep me on your list!

2 months later
#577 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

For Scared Stiff!

Scared Stiff jumper bumpers are probably not suited for integrating these neat displays.

2 months later
#644 5 years ago

Creature was my first pin, built in March 1993 and purchased by me in 1994 and, of course, home use only since then. I replaced the lagoon plastic and stockpiled a few spare lagoons and ordered a spare plastic set and an extra OEM hologram which has been stored for decades in its original packaging inside a box to keep it away from light. I enjoyed the original hologram for 20 years (still green because of limited home use in a fairly dark game room) before boxing it up with the brackets and motors and installing the MikeD TV mod. I've also added the lit taillight speaker panel kit, deluxe panel with mirrored bumpers, ColorDMD, prototype 3-D translite (there is no production 3-D translite), EL-wire snackbar mod, full LEDs, green undercab lighting, and black nickel plated legs and leg bolts.

And I will be ordering this new kit whenever it is made available, in case it is even better (changes scenes faster maybe?) than the MikeD mod. (My wife doesn't want me buying any more pins so I try to make the ones I already have the best I can.)

3 months later
#815 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I would say the estimated date of availability of the HoloModSP Kit will be between two and three weeks from today. I will put a video of the product working when the time comes so that the buyer knows exactly what he is buying. The kit will be delivered with 5 or 6 all original videos created and edited by me with Premiere and After Effects software, and I will be adding other videos that I will upload to MEGA for free download of the kit's buyers. All the firmware updates will be free and downloadable with a link I provide.

Still extremely interested. Hope I can get in on your first batch of orders.
(I'm sure the one day I don't look on Pinside will be the day you start taking orders.)

4 months later
#977 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Can I be added to the list, despite there being no list?

That does it - consider yourself off the list!

2 months later
#1014 4 years ago

I hope I'm still on the (nonexistent) list for this when it is complete and available.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The Creature Does Not Have Red Lips!

He did when he appeared in those ads for CoverGirl and Maybelline products.

1 week later
#1160 4 years ago

Looks like things are really moving along now. Your hardware and some of the test videos look very good. Lots of people (me included) want to be put on the list that isn't a list yet for this product. I seem to recall that you intended to reduce the delay time (compared to the MikeD mod) between a switch being triggered and the corresponding video being displayed. On the MikeD mod this resulted in blank time between videos. This would be a nice improvement. Have you been able to do that and make faster changes between the videos displayed?

1 month later
#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

My wife said she would choose the bigger one.

Good thing your wife doesn't make all her decisions based on that, or she might be married to the mailman instead of you.

Quoted from pinballsp:

Choosing the screen size should not affect the moment of opening the order list, because during that period of time (1 week to receive orders, in the first manufacture), I have to order the brackets, custom cables and screens.

Still waiting to be put on the official order list for this!

1 month later
#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Instead of the text saying ‘Cola’ it might be better saying ‘Soda’?

Quoted from zr11990:

Here in Texas it is Coke no matter what flavor it is but I actually think 'Pop' would be good.

Darn! Now I'm thirsty.

2 months later
#1627 4 years ago

Also in for FULL kit.
e-mail sent

1 year later
#2661 3 years ago

The first few times you play after adding this mod it will be distracting because you will want to watch for all the cool videos.

But once you are used to having it in the game, you just enjoy the initial video of the lagoon (before you even plunge the ball) and the videos that show while the ball is trapped. You get used to the other videos displaying while you concentrate on the ball in play.

2 weeks later
#2687 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

He had this long list of stuff which I had no idea what I needed and didn’t.

Quoted from Soulrider911:

As much as I want this mod, it will end up costing about 780 USD.

Quoted from bsbdmd83:

I too was asked for money. It looks great, but at 800 dollars?

At 645 Euros for the full package plus 18 Euros for an external power supply and 59 Euros shipping to the USA, it comes to 722 Euros total (about 895 USD) if paid by wire transfer, or 758 Euros total (about 940 USD) if adding 5% and paying thru PayPal.

You want this mod specifically for the cool videos, so who wouldn't want all of them in the full kit? A micro SD card is a 16 Euro option and USB an 18 Euro option. Since these are optional, you could probably supply your own to use with the pinballsp mod.

3 weeks later
#2739 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I always lol inside.

Is it even possible to laugh out loud inside? Seems like an oxymoron to me.

1 month later
#2864 2 years ago

I am curious to know if anyone who has a nicely working MikeD lagoon mod in their CFTBL would change to this pinballsp mod? NOTE: Not looking to buy someone's MikeD mod (I already have it). Just curious to see if people think this is a big upgrade from it.

1 month later
#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Holomodsp SEARCH video is finished. extra video packs are now available for purchase. The price for each pack is 395 Euros. Those interested can now place the order. As the rest of the videos are finished they will be added as firmware updates downloadable from the project's Github. The instructions to activate these extra video packages, once the purchase and payment have been made, can be downloaded from the project's Github.

So only one of the twelve extra videos (2 packs of 6 each) is finished but people are to order and pay now? Looking at how long the previous videos took to produce, it seems premature to pay 790 Euros ($933 USD) total for the 2 video packages now, and then have to wait such a long time for the remaining eleven extra videos to be completed. Please let me know when all 12 are finished.

And why will 12 extra videos cost about as much as the whole holomodsp kit did, which included 24 videos and all the hardware?

1 month later
#2971 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Holomodsp, Super Scoring, Countdown and Million videos.
These three videos for the optional extra 6-video pack1 are almost finished. Some details and minor modifications are missing, as well as adding special effect sounds.
We will continue with the video of the Movie Madness, and finished package. At first there will be no more news, I will update the firmware with the new videos and some improvements and the project will be COMPLETELY FINISHED, I will no longer work on this project unless there is a bug to correct.
I am already working on another pinball project that I will show shortly. I am creating prototypes with the new processors that I could get, much more powerful than I have used so far.

Those videos should complete the six in Optional extra video package 1 only.
Is Optional extra video package 2 being abandoned?
I wanted to purchase them both together (saved on a memory card with the latest operating version).

2 weeks later
#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

We finished the fifth video of the optional extra package and we only have to finish the sixth and last video.

Please advise a cost for the package of six extra videos saved on a memory card with the latest operating version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.