CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

If required, may add spacers (metal, plastic, rubber) between Raspberry and bottom of cabinet. It's not a problem now, final details I will check in machine.
Also may attach the Raspberry cables to other pinball cables with plastic flanges, to reduce the weight on the board. And the flat cable from J211, does not add weight, but lightens it, because hold the boards.
There are options to solve that problem, if really is a problem.

Not only heavy... but lacking the required space between the CPU board and the speaker panel in front of it in the head. I always thought those connectors on the design were just there to be cut off after the fab.

5 months later
#386 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You can't really be serious. Can you?

If you were in a country that charged tax rates like Germany... youd might think differently.

The guy continually demonstrates he doesn't think laws or limits apply to him and continually tries to operate rouge. that's the point the other poster was raising.

And yes, selling with PayPal and asking people to use gift payments is against the T&C - because he is again trying to cheat someone else.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Its shame some will make these type of comments as if they know the person or know exactly what his motives are... who knows, who cares!

The irony of this coming from you is hysterical.

Quoted from zr11990:

I'm fucking sick of paying taxes and no way in hell will I pay them if I don't have to.

Quoted from SuperPinball:

Basically he is a small time hobbyist trying to keep the costs down as much as possible and passing along the savings

White Knight he is not. He sees what other people have done, dreams up how he'd do it, and then gets his joy by redesigning other people's work in his own tastes... then offers to sell it (presumably because it helps fund his interests). Rinse, repeat. He cares not for who he copies, what intellectual property he copies, or what corners he cuts screwing others along the way. Cheating Paypal is just par for the course.

It's sad to see people to willing to support such behavior purely because you look to gain from it yourselves.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What is wrong with what he did. Mike said he did to want to make them anymore and pretty much gave home permission build his own. So what is the big deal.

The story here is much larger than this single mod...

7 months later
#573 6 years ago

completed projects >> new projects

#587 6 years ago

The original trunk has GIVE - you are just trying to make your trunk more rigid... and doing that against the steel ball you will fail. The PCB is fiber.. but will crack.. as will all the solder joints.

1 month later
#623 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Just did the halogen upgrade, but the stock hologram is still terrible and washed out. Mirror motor dead. Wiggle motor weak.

Check the connectors to the driver board and reset them. The wiggle action is pretty subtle... not much

3 months later
#734 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Good news and bad news, this seems like a joke.
The good news is that there are monitors with plastic housing, and that therefore weigh much less. This monitor that I am testing is a metal case, which weighs a lot. The same with plastic housing weighs less than half.
Also, I'm studying replacing the 13-inch monitor with an 11.6-inch monitor, with this size I can put the monitor very close to the hole in the playfield, and so the bracket would be much more compact, with shorter straps, and easier to manufacture and mount. The problem in this machine to install the monitor very close to the hole, are the two coils that are on both sides of the hole that limit the maximum width of monitor + bracket. I have that measure, and I just need to check if an 11.6-inch monitor without housing, or even a 10-inch with housing can be installed in this way.

I really think you are heading the wrong direction here. You are trying to mount something large, heavy, and delicate to the PF which you move in and out of the game, slam... without a proper hard mount and trying to play with straps and plastic. All while the game is designed to have a a panel mounted to the bottom of the cabinet... which would be a much more safe and stable mount point. All these concerns about spacing, etc all go away if you just replace the mirror.

3 weeks later
#794 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Any way as no one else is standing up and helping me i will just leave it be.

No, it's just some people want what they need... regardless of the morals or ethics involved. As long as THEY get what they want... they don't care.

It's been this way since this guy announced his colorDMD solutions that clearly just ignored all legalities and morals... yet the people who just want a cheaper DMD replacement don't care.

And here we are ages later and people don't recognize the pattern yet again. The guy likes to design hardware... he'll do it over and over again instead of focusing on shipping and supporting the product. Case in point here... the need to design and build a test board..

The guy tells tall tails, half truths, and obscures the truth all the time... but most here don't care because he's promising them what they so desperately want.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

See...that's why it's stupid to post updates here! Say you're working on a Creature Mod and you'll let everyone know when it's ready to ship. Otherwise people will fill the void with nastier and nastier stuff. If I was the OP, I'd shut my mouth until I was ready to show a video, take orders and ship. JMO

Can't show off your latest HW toys doing that tho... There is a reason his DMDs have gone through like 4 processors before they've even shipped in volume... and it's not because the newer processor is needed.

The pattern has been clear for years.. yet people ignore it.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The hardware's better and cheaper than anything else anyone else is offering, and putting it out before a platform has been finalised has meant that there's a choice for people who don't want to build kits themselves.
Colouring software has lagged far too far behind, but as far as hardware is concerned, how many people have had problems, how many people have not been supported, and how many people have had to complain for months on forums to either get product or refunds, after private communications have been totally ignored? Few / none. The alternative ... loads of people. It's an un-ending stream.

That's a nice self-serving loop you got there. "no complaints!" because of No customers! It's easy to point out no rash of complaints if you've only got a handful of customers.

Whatever.. you guys can keep holding out for your dream. But the guy has laid it all out on the table for ages now. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink!

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I have also designed a device to detect and alert about trolls. Patent pending

I'm sure you'll be busy designing hardware for that too instead of finishing the current thing :p

1 week later
#824 5 years ago

Beware that the LVDS cable interface is the portion that Heighway had the most problems with for it's in-playfield display. When the PF monitors 'die' - its almost always a fault at the LVDS wire interface. They are pretty delicate... I can't speak for the root cause analysis of why the HWP ones failed so much, but one has to be careful with them, especially any strain the interface may take due to how the monitor is mounted. The HWP design had the monitor securely mounted in a frame, but still had issues.

1 month later
#869 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Has this guy even taken orders/money yet or are people just complaining he isn't working fast enough and hasn't even taken orders?

Or that he continues to make promises and claims he doesn't follow through on...

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

If he hasn't taken orders who cares? Seems ridiculous you guys think he owes you something you haven't yet paid for

It's not about being owed anything.

I just have to laugh when people keep ignoring the pattern and expect something to magically be different with this product. The good news is he contracted out the software - else it would never get done. Just hope he eventually contracts out the video development too... otherwise you'll see three new hardware projects started and prototyped before you get your multimedia.

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Im thinking if we keep bothering him he is liable to tell us all to go get stuffed and stop working on it

Unless you come up with another challenge that needs a new piece of hardware to solve it... you face this risk.

TL : DR - this guy likes designing hardware - that's what he does. He'll post every revision he does as if it's done... then realize he could do something different, so he'll revise the design again... because the actual hardware work is what he likes. He's a horrible product owner and has no focus on actually shipping product. It's the design and build that he loves so much - he has no counter part to balance him out. So in that respect, he is a JPOP.

On top of that, he is a hypocrite when it comes to claiming people steal his ideas, while he happily incorporates other people's work into his own without credit or due. He would run around slamming and backhanding other people's products as a way of promoting his own work. He blatantly ignores other people's Intellectual Property rights. He throws stones and then cries himself the victim.

But hey, people want their creature mod so lets just cut the guy some slack...

4 weeks later
#935 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What does this mean. Is he saying he isnt going to finish it?

It's a jab that another cheaper alternative was 'announced'... and inferring it will kill the market for his yet to be completed product

6 months later
#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

I'm just curious from a technical angle. Could you plug a computer PS into the service outlet & tap into the 12v from that?

Way overkill. Just use a typical brick transformer. Self contained and just wire the output side to whatever harness you need

3 months later
#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would prefer something over nothing

Don't worry, you'll soon see 'the final version' along with all the comments about the changes they are making and are waiting to see the results

#1451 4 years ago

Saw 11 new posts... expected another "final" version with a list of changes still to decide... thread did not disappoint

#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I don't get why people are shitting on this product.

Because of the history with the guy... at least now he's paying(?) other people to do the work so it has a chance of getting done. He loves doing hardware prototypes... and his pattern has been to always keep finding the next revision to make instead of just finishing the project. And when he gets close, he starts another project, which they keeps him from finishing the prior one... and the cycle continues. But we get to see like 30 “final” versions of each along the way

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Honestly cannot believe he would spend this much time, effort and money only to pull the rug out on the final lap

I'll tell you now... get ready for a steady stream of updates on his pop bumper cap project... and new revisions of the hardware of the DMD panels... The guy likes designing and playing with hardware.. not running a business.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

IDK maybe because I work in video games I'm more sympathetic to someone who is clearly passionate about his product and is willing to go the extra distance to get it all right. He's clearly making progress, making regular updates, and has gone from prototyping to finalizing key aspects of the product. I mentioned months ago that the videos would take a hell of a long time to get right. They are, and I'm gratified and excited that the developer here is taking the time to make them right.
And you know, it's his right to take as long as he wants, work with whomever he wants, kill projects at his own whim for whatever GD reason he wants too. Get over it, man.
Personally I really like seeing all the versions and going along with the journey. He's clearly looking for feedback from buyers, and clearly taking it on board. What The literal F is wrong with that?

You act like this is the first time round with this guy. If people would do some simple homework maybe they'd understand why other people are not as gung ho on all the promises.
It's amazing what effort people will go to bury their heads just to get the product they want.

And FWIW I work in product development as well... which is why the alarms won't turn off in my head. 15+ years in software lead roles and getting stuff DONE and out the door. This guy has been the poster child of engineers without an adult in the room to keep the business and marketing sense in the discussion.

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

And you act like he owes you something. Last I looked, you weren't an investor or his boss.

In my experience those business and marketing fucks that want to monetize the air we breathe and push half-baked product out the door to meet their quarterly profit goals are the real problem.
This guy? It's obvious to me that he's taking his time doing the right things - not releasing early, keeping to his vision while taking on board customer input, posting frequent updates. He's worked on several projects. Some didn't work out. Do you know anyone with a 100% track record? In any industry?
I'm happy to wait until he thinks his product is ready. It looks to be coming together really well!

You are simply willing to give him the benefit of doubt... thats fine... but i would really suggest you do some homework on the patterns before you lay yourself out like this.

5 months later
#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Just going to be flatout honest and say this isn't for me. It doesn't integrate into the theme of the game or the era at all. It's far too modern and glitzy.
That said, it is great to see you making progress again and I hope you and your loved ones are all fit and well.

agreed - this is like a modern phone game... not a 50s americana drive-in...

2 months later
#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I see... According to this logic, if a Ford F150 costs $28k, price of one wheel is $7k.

You don't buy a truck to just get wheels tho

This thing you buy just to play videos...

2 weeks later
#2013 3 years ago

a reasonable alt model was created and used - just the holograms made from that effort failed and I forget why that project just died. Pretty sure those holograms faded quickly.

1 week later
#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Yes, last week the machine arrived.

I have cleaned and removed various items from a room, to place the machine and be able to work. It is already assembled, since it had to be brought with the head separated from the cabinet to be able to put it in the elevator (here very small elevators, an entire machine does not fit), I only need now to connect all the cables of the machine head and it is ready for tests, photos and videos.

Two weeks ago... it was only connecting the cables...

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

So you know the answer to those questions already... this is a public forum... if you put yourself out there and you use it to advertise your products then you have to deal with the peanut gallery... and to his credit pinballsp is a champ! He has this innate ability to completely ignore his detractors, it’s rather remarkable honestly. So... if it doesn’t bother him... then I’d suggest you try not to let it bother you.

he uses ignore when his spin has no effect.

Yet for 3+ years now people keep shielding the same behavior... over and over and over.

1 week later
#2059 3 years ago

57A8AB1C-862E-4DC5-923F-AEE17E64D13D (resized).jpeg57A8AB1C-862E-4DC5-923F-AEE17E64D13D (resized).jpeg

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I think he'll finish it; he just isn't worried about anybody else's timetable.

If it was anyone else and their project.. I'd agree.

What is comical tho is how many people bury their head in the sand about how he operates and what seems to motivate him. All anyone needs to do is read the DMD panel thread and this thread's future was told from the day he started it.

The obvious takeaways people just refuse to see... instead just arguing "hes not taking your money"...

1 - Recycle other people's work
2 - No respect for other people's IP
3 - Loves designing boards
4 - Will always call something 'final' and two lines later talk about the changes he is going to make
5 - Takes great pride in showing off his hardware designs
6 - Promises just one more thing left... and then immediately adds more to the project goal
7 - Dismisses any technical challenges/inquires if people don't buy into his hand waving
8 - Loves hardware - Generally can't finish software.
9 - Will always come up with something else to do (next project, next tweak, whatever) rather than finish the complete package

Finally after so long with the DMD panel he got smart and contracted out his software... but only the editor... but I guess that guy can't do firmware work... so he's got an editor with no functioning color firmware on his board.

This time for the holomod he contracted the art out... but what's missing again? Oh yes, proven firmware and a complete package validated on the target.

What's the latest post? Oh yes, what other new things he's going to add to the product that was declared final how many times?

It's a broken record... yet people are just blinded by their eagerness to get the result.

#2108 3 years ago

Lol... 2 page long post labeling other people criminals and some rant about purity...

Yet he has no problem violating colordmd patents and illegally distributing copied roms.

This guy lives in his own bubble and dismisses other with hand waving when he's challenged.

Show us the mod in your creetch already...

#2113 3 years ago

Love it.. 'trolls' because we don't blindly follow the reality you try to project.

How about instead of spending 25 mins to type that post you plug in that creech of yours and your harnesses you've had working on your bench for many months?

The reason you get called out is because you blow smoke, throw stones, and live in a glass house.

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Can I ask, if you aren't interested in the mod's development and buying it, why are you constantly on this thread complaining about it? Don't like it, don't buy it! It's a drag to read through all this crap when the rest of us just want to see the mod progress and ultimately get finished. I like seeing the video updates and progress, I'm in no rush.

If you want only his view of the universe... You are in luck - just follow this link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tq=&tu=pinballsp

But if you think you'll be in a better position by listening only through his reality distortion field... you deserve what you get.

#2134 3 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I cannot figure out why someone would put all this time and money into some very cool ideas and not finish them and recoup their R&D costs at least

Because he loves designing hardware! He runs proto boards non-stop which costs money. He sources chips (which at least beyond getting samples.. costs).. and he plays with his toys. Best I can tell... this is just where his hobby satisfaction comes from. He sees a problem.. and loves to design a board to address the issue. Rinse, repeat.

Just look at his what.. 3? iterations of processor on his DMD design. Why? Because there is a cool new toy.. lets see if we can use it..

We all blow money on our hobbies... his hobby/passion overlap seems to be PCB design. He just doesn't understand where design needs to stop to actually make products.

#2135 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Can I ask, if you aren't interested in the mod's development and buying it, why are you constantly on this thread complaining about it? Don't like it, don't buy it! It's a drag to read through all this crap when the rest of us just want to see the mod progress and ultimately get finished. I like seeing the video updates and progress, I'm in no rush.

I bet you loved JPOP and hilton's pumping posting.... all sunshine all the time!

3 weeks later
#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Or, rather than the bench, you could install it in the game.

No no... what he needs now is a wifi controller... so he can upload that software over the network

Look for the new board revision soon!

2 weeks later
#2211 3 years ago

This is the closest we have seen the mod to a game...this was posted SIXTY days ago...

34D4F629-BDAD-494C-A980-92443E098ADC.jpeg34D4F629-BDAD-494C-A980-92443E098ADC.jpeg

#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from BigMo:

This current thread is about the holo mod and not the colour dmds though, so we could focus on this mod in this thread and maybe start a different thread to share other experiences we may have had with Pinballsp.

81445325-2143-4CDE-A043-A572CC0B0759 (resized).jpeg81445325-2143-4CDE-A043-A572CC0B0759 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2266 3 years ago

only this guy makes a point to say he paid for express shipping.... but still isn't in a hurry to install the part and show it

2 weeks later
#2292 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I don’t understand spending the money on the videos and not getting the mod done.

Standard MO for this guy... people were warned for years... yet people wanted to keep labeling us trolls or haters.

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Legit or not, taking the videos from youtube that pinballSP have paid to make and putting them in your own game is an asshat move imo

pinballsp is already was strongly in the camp that IP rules do not apply to him. So he's got nowhere to stand there.

2 weeks later
#2381 3 years ago

And... the weakness of his intercept model plays out as expected.

Those playing along... notice compy is monitoring the data bus to the av board while pinballsp monitors the playfield. So pinballsp is doomed to have to try to blindly replicate game logic without enough points of reference to really get it right. It is a loosing battle given all the different features he wanted to tap into vs sticking to the subset that are easily isolated.

Pretty videos... just always going to be glitchy

#2388 3 years ago

One mod keeps within the limits of the methodology... another... did not.

4 weeks later
#2444 3 years ago

a week ago from his fb page...

The final changes to the final product that was final some final time ago.

Oh and needing parts... because you know... why not again...

But he spent time fixing for sorens rom... instead of working on shipping things

—-
HolomodSP, Hologram kit for Creature.

Since the previous video I've been working to make the product compatible with Soren's new ROM Rev 5.

When I posted the last video the product was already fully finished, tested and working on Rom L-4, the last one Bally / Williams made in the 90. s. Unfortunately a new official Rom has been presented, and I had to work about the firwmare to make it work.

This new Rom, modifies the management of the lamp matrix, among other things, and it didn't work well with my firmware, for handling quite different signals from Rom L-4.

As of today the modified firmware is already and supports both Roms, L-4 and Rev 5. I have also been playing on the machine to prepare several videos where you can see the product at stake, I will not find it easy to trigger all the videos because I'm not an experienced player, in the tests I've been doing I managed to download the videos of Cola, Hotdog, IceCream, PopCorn, SnakBar, Kiss, Paid and sometimes the Move Your Car. I think it will serve to see how the videos interact, the times between them, although this could be user configurable.

Last week I received the final plates, yes, I had yet to make some changes to electronics, I think it's the third or fourth version I do, but this is already the final one, it's tested and works well, so the ordered in quantity and panelized.

They are 30 panels, each with 4 plates, to be able to manufacture 120 kits. First batch will be 20 units which are the screens I have here. Delivery time for first batch, 1 to 2 weeks, and for second batch 2 to 4 weeks (to be confirmed with screens supplier).

Final prices will be posted next week, will be a little more expensive because some components have grown up. For example, screens are now between 50 % and 100 % more expensive, it's been the most expensive thing due to the pandemic.

What's left of the week I'm too busy putting plates together for a customer and I don't think I can spend more time on the product.

Next week apart from announcing the ultimate prices, I think I might already start accepting orders, I have all the materials to assemble the plates for the first 20 kits.

Leaving some images of the tests on the machine with the latest video from the Cave, and the panelized plates to mount the kit.
—-

1 week later
#2490 3 years ago

Compy posted teaser info including his new bracket and said they had licensed miked content. Just look in the twightzone mod thread

Looks like it will be fully announced in the coming week or two

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/11#post-6049711

#2505 3 years ago

His price...

BASIC 5 videos 415 Euros
HALF, 10 videos, 495 Euros
FULL, 24 videos, 595 Euros.
Optional extras:
1.- SD card, to store custom settings and update firmware. Price 16 euros.
2.- USB flash drive, to store your own videos to replace the kit with (in a future firmware version). Price 18 euros.
3.- Additional video pack: will communicate when available, 7 more videos are planned.
4.- Android / WIFI app: not yet available.
Sound cable is no longer an optional extra, will be included free in all kits. When firmware supports sound, those interested can activate this option by paying an extra cost to be determined.
Shipping costs:
Spain / Portugal --- > 12 Euros
Countries of the European Union-> 26 Euros
USA / Canada -> 49 Euros.
Other countries --- > Contact for quotes

Today.. 495 euro = 609 USD plus any FT fees.. 49 Euro shipping for US (60USD).. so probably $668 + 3% = ~$688 USD for the middle tier.

Wifi, sound, and user replaceable videos are not yet done... nor his 2 last videos.

So the finished but the last videos... was of course.. not yet finished. Pretty sure compy's announcement forced him to open sales.

#2509 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I'm no expert here but wouldn't his EU price include VAT (I think this is now 19%)? Or is that only if buying from a company?

Good question... normally one's domestic prices would include VAT - which could be subtracted off for overseas buyers. But that assumes a company is operating legitimately, and collecting VAT/etc as they are supposed to. He's probably not - and he doesn't mention any variances depending on where you are. It's a perfectly valid question you could ask of him on his facebook page if you are interested.

#2510 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

But will it ship any time soon? He’s just accepting pre orders whist he any customers left but good luck getting it any time soon. Will it even work correctly? You know compys will but will this??? Huge gamble in my opinion.

He claims he has stock for 20 units... but infers he hasn't ordered displays for the next batch yet. So I assume those next batches would be 'order and wait'.

He has at leas been consistent in shipping stuff he takes money for - it's just not normally what he set out to offer

#2523 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’d post in the thread to ask about that. I’m sure he could look into a positionable bracket. It’s not that hard

But they are important design differences. A cabinet mounted one has to be compatible with the playfield moving... rotating and sliding. While the pf mounted alternative must fit within the hardware on the pf.

No one wants to smash their lcd while trying to drop their pf in

My point being... there are some pretty serious constraints... and you have to build your solution(s) for them. Depends on if they want to build both alternatives...

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:I never said I would support or buy the product or any other product that was violating IP, but you went on the above rant.

You did before you turned on the mod....

Quoted from robotron911:

I'm not reading this for my health . Count me in on one as well.

The OPs hypocritical “the rules dont apply to me” position on IP and copyright laws has been known for years... but posters who don’t want to hear it cry “troll” verse facing the truth.

People say “broken record”... while they continue to turn a blind eye to what is being pointed out. I have no empathy for those that will eventually get burned by their selfishness.

1 month later
#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

All this effort, and all I really want is a new drop in hologram to replace the fading orange/yellow/blue one in my pin.

Just wait for 86pixel's kit... it will actually ship and be supported, and already uses the much liked MikeD content.

1 month later
#2668 3 years ago

I just can’t believe the twipy snub for this mod

#2671 3 years ago

BIT4TTM.gifBIT4TTM.gif

1 month later
#2722 2 years ago

'first batch' is so much fun to keep redefining.

Back on Jan 5th, it was 20 units he already had parts for and shipping in 1-2 weeks. Everyone here was waiting for reviews from people who supposedly bought then, expecting shipment then.

There there was the day in March where again... a 'first batch' was promised complete and shipping in 1-2 weeks. Then at end of march redefines 'first batch' to now be extended to 30 units... (but as we know from history... still didn't have the parts then, because he doesn't have them now either)

I guess people haven't been quick to pay up when he keeps requesting payment.

#2727 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

How many big mods like this have you produced? I see you complaining on a lot of threads, like too many that I read. Do you have any experience creating mods or pins and the types of delays that can be involved? Why do you shit on other people's work so much when you could just say nothing? I don't get it.

Because this guy is slime. It's not just 'oops, something came up' or genuine mistakes. It's a pattern of stretch the truth, selectively decide what matters, deceive, bury facts, and rewrite history when it doesn't serve him. He is harmful to buyers.

It used to just be he was an engineer who was passionate about his interests and openly shared his concepts and attempts at putting them into reality. At first it was just the running joke of 'what final version' is this one? Because for every 'final' version there would be 2-3 more versions within a week. The guy loves playing with building circuit boards to do anything. But left unchecked he's a problem - because he constantly blows smoke to cover his past and is taking people to buy into his projects with his version of reality.

You can't tell what is real, an estimate, or just wishful thinking. And that's not even getting into his lies and attacks on others for his prior projects. I always lol inside when you go back and read all his attacks on others for requiring a license to unlock their software and protect their assets.. and boasting about his needs no such 'burden'.... and then he rolls out this product with license keys to protect his assets. Funny how that works when the shoe is on the other foot.

This kind of deception shouldn't go challenged - because you'll never get the straight juice from pinballsp.

#2729 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What's your excuse for doing it on all the other threads? At some point you've got to stop blaming everyone else for your bad behavior.

What's your excuse for generalizing and making this thread about me vs the facts? If you have a specific beef, bring it up and if I'm wrong, I'll happily accept correction and say so. But if your issue is I don't just pray for rainbows and unicorns - piss off.

#2734 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Until now he had not taken any money from anyone on this project...

? Dated January 7th
137001729_3688489651231244_2807128822945403682_n.jpeg137001729_3688489651231244_2807128822945403682_n.jpeg

3 weeks later
#2798 2 years ago

look for that plug cord on a TV, VCR, DVD player, etc... they commonly use those jack style... laptops too

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What did he steal

If you won't do your own work, why do you challenge people who have, and already done the effort to cover it? You stroll in at the end uninformed and want it all rehashed for you.

#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm not a copyright lawyer but I don't think you can redraw something and sell it, the act of redrawing it doesn't give you rights to it... I don't think at least.The 4 snacker video's are a complete redraw of what's on the playfield... with that said being located in Spain I don't think pinballsp is at all worried about pps' reach.

There are standards to measure if the redrawn piece is substantionally similar, or if it has enough originality to be considered a new creative piece. The changes here are quite significant, but all of it really doesn't matter... because pinballsp doesn't care and has proven so in the past.

#2843 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

You've obviously not been in hobby very long. Most of the mods from 90s on have been non licensed IP. Haven't heard you moaning about all of them. Hell, Taito of Brasil blatantly ripped off most all of their games from Bally and WMS. Gottlieb stole WMS flipper design. Data East copied WMS electronics. WMS and Marilyn's likeness....Bally and eight balls the Fonz. You want to call pinside a cesspool, then you might as well step away from the hobby...its Rampant with IP violations. Always has been, always will be.

And there were tons of lawsuits and bad blood over much of that. Funny you left that part out…

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not left out...doesn't have anything to do with the point I was making, so nice attempt at a red herring. The point was, whether you agree or not with the legalities, is that IP issues have been in this hobby since it was a hobby.

And my comment points out that the behavior was NOT considered 'ok' and people did in fact stand up and fight it. Just like russdx was opposing the behavior. So true, Pinballsp is not the first, nor a standout in that regard, but russdx was not making any such claims... he was pointing out the dirty and hypocritical behavior -- which was also done (with legal force too) in your highlighted examples.

Quoted from robertmee:

So to call Pinside a cesspool and whine about leaving over this mod is disingenuous when it is everywhere and has been everywhere for a long time. Surely you recognize that his comment was due to a personal vendetta against the OP and not the righteousness of IP protection.

His comment wasn't really about IP protection - it was about the selfish nature of people who will morph to whatever is needed, leaving any morals or standards behind, as long as they get their toy. A behavior repeated time and time again in this hobby.. and not just about copyright.

People like pinballSP are even worse because he doesn't just ignore copyright, he actively lies about it to try to represent himself as innocent. People who make unlicensed reproductions/etc is one thing.. its often just a practical reality of the world.. but those that lie and deceive to achieve their endgame - That's scum. And when people willingly turn a blind eye to that just so they can get their goodies... yes, that does reflect negatively on that person.

#2849 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

The K-I-S-S animation still drives me crazy with the way it lights up the K every single time. The P-A-I-D animation doesn't seem to do this, so I'm curious why it wasn't repeated for K-I-S-S. Also, in the video there didn't seem to be an animation for the M when the SLIDE triggered. Is there a video for M or did it just not trigger?

Examples where they can't track game status accurately with the implementation. There was a ton more of these issues in skypilots video too.. but by now people are going to be happy with the limitations or not.

Your point highlights why the animation shouldn't have been done to highlight an individual letter... but he didn't realize it at the time.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The game is fast so hope the video acts accoridngly. I expect a lot of video's to cut of beacuse the next is already triggered.

That's a relative easy problem to fix in software... cool off timers and prioritization allow you to easily define when you should abort a video. I wouldn't expect problems with say the same snackbar video being triggered three times. The harder problem is things like game state... knowing when a video is actually appropriate to play or not. Like, knowing during multiball you want a different set of priorities, etc.

We saw a lot of this in the earlier videos... this is where the 'distracting' vs 'on point' difference will play out.

#2866 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I am curious to know if anyone who has a nicely working MikeD lagoon mod in their CFTBL would change to this pinballsp mod? NOTE: Not looking to buy someone's MikeD mod (I already have it). Just curious to see if people think this is a big upgrade from it.

Short version is... this mod has a lot more videos. That would be the main reason. On the other hand, the videos may be more obtrusive. I would think your choice would be primarily driven by the desire for the style of the videos you see from this kit. The huge price is the turn-off.

Personally I think the better choice would be to wait till compy's mod is done, which will allow you to load your own video, and then maybe get the best of both? I doubt compy's is going to cost as much as pinballsps.

5 months later
#3022 2 years ago

People can see it for what it is and make their own decision to buy... you no longer have to rely solely on future promises (well, you do if you want all the features he's sold.. but not for the basic premise). The so called 'haters' don't spam threads and they never 'hide'. It's just there is nothing to say at this point... if you like what he's offering, more power to you. It's your money - make your own decisions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.