CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flugs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1088 4 years ago

Salut,

I'm following the progress of this mod since the beginning (as my hologram is dead) and I'm impressed by the progress since you started to re-focus on this project.
I hope I will be able to bring the monster back to live soon with your mod (I have to admit at some point I lost hope ).

Two remarks:
1) Please provide videos without the "jokes" like the UFO. For me it is not making much sense and, if it is an option, people could choose "neutral" or "funny" videos.
2) I do not know about the troll, but I think it would be good if the kit could use an external power supply (rather than getting it from the driver board) as well. We all know that the PDB and connectors are used a lot by the pinball already, so having an independent power supply would be my preferred option, even, if connecting to the PDB would work.

Thanks again for your effort and if you can keep the current price tag between around 300 to 350 Euros, I'm definitely in for this mod.

Cheers

3 weeks later
#1194 4 years ago

Salut,

If I was understanding well, it is possible to replace the videos with different ones easily.
So if you are not happy with the ones provided, you can use whatever you want (there may be a restriction of codec etc, but this shouldn't be a showstopper).
I'm keen to see if there will be a community which will share their videos to make this mod adding even more value to all CFTBL owners.
I'm not sure if I will like all the videos provided (the original hologram is only shown during multiball and I do not want to add to much "bling-bling" to a machine which is near to perfect), so I hope it will be possible to activate each inplay video one by one or to replace the video by a black screen.

Anyway, I'll definitely will get this mod if it will become available in an acceptable timeframe and the price tag will stay in the limits which have been discussed before in this thread.
The most important is now that pinballsp gets the hardware ready and the software to a stage that it is a usable product (I think this is what he is trying to achieve).
There will be always things to improve or something, somebody may not like.
The risk with such project is that you never get it into production because you want to include more and more.
Hardware is difficult (expensive) to change, so this is important to design well, whereas the software (including videos) can be modified easily (I admit it would be perfect if the software would be open source).
I hope he will open a list shortly (and I'll see it early enough to be on the top of the list), as I'm very keen to bring the creature of my CFTBL back to life.

Thanks again for all the effort pinballsp is putting into this and giving us some feedback about the progress and ideas.

Have a nice end of the weekend everybody.

4 months later
#1595 4 years ago

Salut,
Happy New Year to all followers of this thread.

I do not know if the question was already asked, but are you selling or planning to sell this test board for the CPU?
If yes, do you also have a Stern Whitestar version of it?
If not, does anybody know if there are these type of test boards on the market?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
flugs

#1598 4 years ago

Salut,

Sorry for having "hijacked" the thread for the questions about the test board.
As soon as you have an adapter for Whitestar available, I would order one of the boards.

Cheers,
flugs

#1620 4 years ago

Email sent

Will it be possible to upgrade from Basic to Medium or Full later (once all videos are available and I could have seen them in the gameplay)?

Thanks in advance

2 months later
#1810 4 years ago

Salut,

Thanks for keeping us updated in this difficult time.
As many already mentioned it is now priority to stay safe and help wherever we can, starting with staying at home if possible.
I hope your relatives are on the way to recover. Fortunate I do not have anybody I know being infected until now.

I wish everybody (including the trolls) the best and hope in some months all this will be history.

Cheers,
flugs

2 months later
#1964 3 years ago

Salut,
I really do not understand what some of you are complaining about here.
Sure, this is taking long, but the only person who has invested time and money into this so far is pinballsp.
He will need to judge when he is ready to release this and I'm convinced if something goes wrong once it is sold, it will be the same who are now saying "come on, release it", who will shout first that this mod is not working as promised/expected.

I would regret if this mod is abandoned or turns out to be too expensive, but this is all pinballsp's decision and we cannot do anything against it.

So lets be patient, hope we will get this for X-max (it will be much easier to tell my wife if it is a Christmas present ) and everybody is free to decide to wait or to drop interest. Just stop to tell that he should release when you want it, as he defines his own deadline keeping all HIS constraints in mind (wanted quality, level of completion, time, etc).
I'm sure he knows that "golden plating dev" risks to never release and in this case he will lost all his investments done so far.

Cheers and have a nice day everybody.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flugs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=flugs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.