CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Board assembled, and ready to develop firmware and videos, at any rate I have do some modifications to final design and send today to manufacturer.

Excellent work. Let me know if I can help about 3D printing of proto or serial parts (Pi case, etc), or about European PCB manufacturing.

1 year later
#559 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Hello granDD.
Next week I receive this Pick and Place machine, which I just bought, to place components automatically on the boards, so I'll have free time to finish all the pending designs, the HolomodSP included. Now I waste a lot of time assembling boards (a lot of DMDMK66 orders), in addition to several professional designs on request that I have to do, and that leaves me very little free time.
With this investment in machinery, I hope to finish all pending designs and be able to start others as digital bumpers and several more. I will also be able to offer a better service to my clients, in the professional developments that hire me. Invest to progress.

Nice. How do you perform paste printing and reflow soldering?

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Hi, Davi.
To apply solder paste I use a steel stencil laser cutted, and to solder I have a pair of infrared ovens. I just needed a Pick and Place machine to be able to manufacture any circuit, quickly, with quality and without assembly costs to be able to offer the best price. It was time to make investments, because I work professionally in electronics.

I am in SMT industry (high volume manufacturing, high end machinery) and was curious what is your method.
I have seen your DMD, really nice. Keep up the good job!

1 year later
#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

HolomodSP, Hologram Creature Kit.
Open Order List for the first batch.
From today, the Order List for those interested in ordering the HolomodSP Hologram Kit for the "Creature from the Black Lagoon" is now open. Adding to this list does not imply making any payments yet.

The prices are as follows (+ shipping):
BASIC, 5 videos, 395 Euros
HALF, 10 videos, 479 Euros
FULL, 24 videos, 535 Euros.
Optional extras:
1.- SD card, to store customized settings and update the firmware. Price 14 euros.
2.- USB flash drive Pendrive, to store your own videos with which to replace those of the kit. Price 14 euros.
3.- Audio cable: Connects to the original sound card, to listen to the sound of the kit videos in a future firmware update. Price 17 euros.
4.- Android / WIFI App: not yet available.
Shipping costs:
Spain / Portugal ---> 12 Euros
European Union countries -> 26 Euros
USA / Canada -> I will indicate shortly.
Other countries ---> Contact for quote

For this first batch, I will only manufacture 20 units, which are the screens I have been able to get. No other supplier supplies me with more screens until March, which is when I will be able to manufacture again.
Within 10-12 days, or sooner if orders are received for the 20 units, I will contact those interested to make the payment. Throughout this period of time, I will show videos of the product working, BEFORE requesting payments. Once the payment is made, the lead time will be 15 days.
Those interested should send their information, name, address, telephone, and email by any of the following means.
Email: [email protected]
Skype pinballsp
Whatsapp: +34693344445
I will confirm by the same means that they are added to the order list, and I will contact you again to make the payment.
Payments can be made by Bank Transfer (TT) or Paypal. All the products that I manufacture have 1-year warranty and full support for any questions, by Email, Skype or WhatsApp in English and Spanish languages, and by Telephone in Spanish language.
A warranty product that has problems is repaired or replaced at no cost, except shipping costs. After the warranty period, repairs are made under budget.
Firmware updates can be downloaded free of charge, from the project Github, at these web addresses:
https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP
https://gitlab.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP/tree/master
The customers of the FULL package will be able to progressively download the new videos until the total of 24 videos is completed, from the same web addresses indicated (Github and Gitlab). The videos made and available at this time are those shown in the attached list, included in the BASIC and MEDIUM packages. As of today, the graphic designer is already working on the new videos (for the FULL package) that I will publish as they become available.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Interested, email sent.

2 months later
#1777 4 years ago

Guys, the situation in Spain is not easy these days due to virus...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/world/europe/coronavirus-spain.html

2 months later
#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

He has taken us through this whole adventure showing everything step by step.
He has not asked for money.
He has not given a firm date for completion.
When it's done it's done.
Either buy when it's ready or don't.
Sheesh, such drama for nothing.
If you don't want to see the process, come back when the Thread Title says... "Ready to accept orders!"

Key post!

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I agree and what I have seen looks awesome but he may be creating a product so expensive no one will want to buy it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/33#post-5400949

1 week later
#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

According to http://www.pinballowners.com/planeta9999 you own 29 machines and don´t know the dimensions of a standard WPC cabinet ?

As of 2013...

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I was at one time interested in this mod but have lost all interest. It wont be long before this thread is drained.

Lost all interest?
Somehow you are still here. You want this - we know, you know.

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

my 2 cents (for what it's worth)
the hologram was something new and special for bally/williams and it did *one* thing; it lit up when it needed to and that was it. it also did so at a point in the game when the ball was [captured] for an instance (and in the subway) so that you could enjoy the [clawing] motion that the subtle bending of the hologram provided
this mod (and mike dallas' before it) kind of went way over the top and are really more of a distraction mod. given the position of the mod, it's really only something that the player can see and doesn't provide any "eye candy" for spectators (unless they're leering over the player's shoulder
finally, for all the time and effort that pinballsp is putting into the animations, these are something that will quickly lose their [wow] factor after the first few times that they've been played.
again, just my opinion

He explained several times:
BASIC, 5 videos
MEDIUM, 10 videos
FULL, 24 videos

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Worth noting that 2 of the 5 basic videos have nothing to do with game play and won't be seen past initial boot AFAIK, one video is a loop of the game title and 2 are actually related to game play.
BASIC, 5 videos, 439.42 USD
HALF, 10 videos, 532.80 USD
FULL, 24 videos, 595.09 USD
How does this thread not have key posts in it?

I see.
Too many videos: problem.
Only 2 videos: problem.

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

not that the basic mod costs $146.47 per game play video.

False - and nobody said that. Hardware is not free of charge.
Looks like this thread is a magnet for jealous negative "pinheads".

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

2 of the 5 videos not being game play related means 3 are.
439.43 divided by 3 is 146.47

I'd say its a magnet for people who are bad at reading comprehension and or mathematics.

I see... According to this logic, if a Ford F150 costs $28k, price of one wheel is $7k.

#1984 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't buy a truck to just get wheels tho
This thing you buy just to play videos...

That's correct, I agree. But the hardware is a must, his product is not just the video.

#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I hope Ive clarified my post.

"It's a distraction mod - overengineered"
"It's a mod with 3 videos"

Luckily, we have options:
-3 packages
-keep our other aftermarket mod
-keep our nice/faded hologram.

Nothing is mandatory. It's an option. That's my point. I hope I've clarified my post.

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Yes, petty name calling and bad reading comprehension. I got it the first time.

Up to you. As you are here, hopefully you would like to buy this mod it in the future.

1 month later
#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Two weeks ago... it was only connecting the cables...

Are you aware of any deadline?
Are you an investor of this project?

2 months later
#2259 3 years ago

Louis, the "Shoot the left subway" is not correct. Yes, manual says subway, but this is the physical location of the switch, it's not the name of the shot.
The name of the shot is "KISS" shot - it's according to inserts anyway.

4 weeks later
#2305 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I think this thread needs to end.

Why? The original title (as the link says: hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development) is still valid. No deadline. No commitment. No deposit.
This is his thread, his development money, he can keep the thread open forever. If there is no interest, there is no force to visit this thread. It's very simple. If I don't care a mod, I don't follow the thread.
Somehow the thread activity is still high.

3 weeks later
#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Ok almost 3 hours have passed since your post...... and now????

What do you waiting for? Do you know any deadline or commitment? If so, please let us know, our pin is patiently waiting for this mod.

#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

It was a patience joke at Rdoyle!
mister humorless

Joke is a jolly joker word, I know. And OP needs a project manager.

1 month later
#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I do feel that a little more work needs to be done on the rules, for example when the film is lit it'd be better to stop showing the snacks, kisses, paid videos and focus on the film starting video

Based on switch and lamp matrix info, it's really difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. In fact, need to simulate/copy the game logic in order to know what is the actual progress/mod.

4 months later
#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What did he steal. He made a mod for a game like countless others have and it looks like he did a great job. It took home a while and yes we all gave home shit but he did it. I’m buying one for damn sure.

Don't you know that famous pin2dmd vs pinballsp story? Neverending story, only God knows where is the truth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
€ 24.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.