CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I can't wait either. I should have bought one when Mike made them but this looks like it will be better. No offense towards Mike's product intended of course.

We'll see, these video mod proposals come and go, but only MikeD has actually come through with a great mod. I'm hoping this new one makes it to market and takes MikeD's ideas to the next level. Again, we'll see...

3 weeks later
#193 7 years ago

If this mod turns out nice it will sell a ton regardless--there is a lot of pent up demand since MikeD went on hiatus.

1 week later
#221 7 years ago

Meanwhile, perhaps time to get back on track with the video mod...

1 month later
#273 6 years ago

-font-b-Design-b-font-Your-Own-Shirt-font-b-Online-b-font-You-ll (resized).jpg-font-b-Design-b-font-Your-Own-Shirt-font-b-Online-b-font-You-ll (resized).jpg

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Check and mate. And the game goes to Canada!
We gave the world Elle Macpherson

Maybe not--best I can tell, you guys are responsible for this...

EP-150319774 (resized).jpgEP-150319774 (resized).jpg

#285 6 years ago

The world famous, and HOF WWE boys from down under (I think, their origins are a little nebulous), The Bushwhackers, of course!

1 month later
#317 6 years ago

Like to see some video of what you are using for video.

3 weeks later
#346 6 years ago

Curios to see what the video animations look like.

1 week later
#370 6 years ago

I'd still like to see what the video is actually going to look like. Post some clips, perhaps?

#401 6 years ago

This is all cool, but let's see some video of how this actually works in a Creech.

4 weeks later
#423 6 years ago

Waiting for video...

1 week later
#433 6 years ago

Why is there no video posted yet? You've certainly posted anything and everything else.

1 month later
#477 6 years ago

Well, since you have some down time how about posting some video of your mod working in a game?

1 month later
#524 6 years ago
Quoted from grandDD:

I am interested, but why there are no videos of the final product?

Some have been asking for videos of what this mod actually does for a long time. None have been forthcoming.

2 months later
#568 6 years ago

How much longer before we see some video?

2 months later
#618 5 years ago

Everyone has been all amped-up and ready to order this without seeing any video of how it actually works. Cart is way before the horse, here.

1 month later
#640 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

...So what if it's not done yet. Hell, you can't get the CFTBL tail lightmod and the maker doesn't even communicate with people for 6 months or longer, yet no one criticizes him.

If you want to bring the light panel mod into this, Jeff gets a free pass because he has proven himself with at least three runs of an exceptionally high quality product and stands behind it. Still waiting for a video showing how this proposed mod actually works.

2 months later
#716 5 years ago

Looks great, let's see some video of it working!

#728 5 years ago

Maybe that plastic monitor bracket might have to be made of metal.

#739 5 years ago

did you look at #729?

3 weeks later
#787 5 years ago

Sooner or later this thread was bound to implode. Happens when it takes over a year to get the mod to market. Let's get some video up and get this moving!

3 weeks later
#830 5 years ago

Less tinkering, more work on the video so we can see how this is actually gonna work.

3 weeks later
#863 5 years ago

We are way past due for another update on the latest revision of the mounting bracket...

#873 5 years ago

The mod creator doesn't owe us anything, but don't keep dragging this out and getting everyones hopes up if you are not gonna follow through and deliver. This has been going on for a year or so, "progress is being made", every little detail of the development has been talked about, photos posted, "it's being tested by my friend"--but still no video of it actually working. Hopefully this will work as advertised and be brought to market--the demand for this mod is obvious.

9 months later
#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Punch Out in a Creech?

Maybe a nod to the MikeD mod, runs during the drive-in peeper fight.

#1390 4 years ago

There is some minor delay in the start of the videos, but once MikeD explained to me how things were triggered, it made perfect sense and I forgot about it. The only really slow vid is the "Shoot the Left (or Right) Ramp". If I recall correctly I believe it was because the Ramp videos have the lowest priority and often there is more than one video that has been triggered. Something like that. Looking forward to the completion of your mod, I never thought it would happen.

2 months later
#1602 4 years ago

The Ice Cream graphic will be fine no matter which one you use--flip a coin, choose one and get this to market!

#1634 4 years ago

Looking forward to the first install report with photos and video, great news this is finally available.

#1678 4 years ago

No one has seen this mod actually working in a Creature. To say it is an upgrade from the original video mod is absurd. This really looks like it has potential, but let's see how it works.

1 month later
#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I’m fine with any video content I’d just like to see a working product installed in a game

I'd say he has valid point--we are way overdue to see video of this mod installed in a game.

3 months later
#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

...As for the purchase of a pinball Creature to have it here and be able to do my own tests, the deal is practically closed....

Nothing is ever for certain, always promises coupled with some wiggle room.

1 month later
#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Two weeks ago... it was only connecting the cables...

I'm waiting for "The shrink wrap was the wrong size, and the manufacturer in China said he will not make more of this particular color for 6 weeks. I'm also trying to source a titanium plumb bob for the tilt mech. I should have this up and running in 8 weeks or so--but that gives me more time to tinker with the videos--so a big win for everyone!"

1 week later
#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I'm waiting for lots of new creech mod threads to appear now the OP has the creech machine

No need for new mod threads, it is just being added to this one. There is always hope of more threads, however...

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Can I ask, if you aren't interested in the mod's development and buying it, why are you constantly on this thread complaining about it? Don't like it, don't buy it! It's a drag to read through all this crap when the rest of us just want to see the mod progress and ultimately get finished. I like seeing the video updates and progress, I'm in no rush.

You sir, are in luck. This is the right place to be for those not in a hurry of seeing anything completed.

3 weeks later
#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Again the vid is awesome but we have no way to play them on our machines

That's why the OP bought his own CFTBL so he could install and test this mod himself--and show us how it works. Should be back up and running by now, right?

1 week later
#2207 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

The delay on early release is he needs to sift through all 45 pages here and find all the haters and the "this will never happen" and block them from getting one of these kits!

I've already blocked myself...

but I'll certainly offer congrats if/when this is ever completed.

2 weeks later
#2220 3 years ago

My second cousin on my mom's side (the black sheep side of the family) was on vacation in Spain (he says he was on vacation--he was probably running from the law). Somehow he obtained a photo of the mod being turned on for the first test!

90652700-fire-burning-circuit-board-with-electronic (resized).jpg90652700-fire-burning-circuit-board-with-electronic (resized).jpg

#2261 3 years ago

Shocking--another delay. Just a thought--remove the smoky window, trigger a few switches and shoot a short video with it off.

3 weeks later
#2299 3 years ago

I think you are being a little harsh, as we have been assured we will see this working 100% right after that new lagoon window comes in........ummm, wait a minute--how many weeks ago was that?

1 week later
#2329 3 years ago

If you like reading about promises backed up by excuses--you are in the right thread.

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Hats off! Very well done, looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the video!

Get in line, we've been asking and waiting for a video of this working in a game for over a year. Nothing but delays and excuses.

#2345 3 years ago

Photos look great, glad to see he was able to get rid of that cloudy lagoon window.

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm going to guess there is no window in there at all right now!
Video's do look pretty badass... as much as I like playing creature with the stock hologram and believe that less is more when it comes to video usage, video's like to say which ramp to shoot may actually prove to be more than just a distraction... I mean creature does kind of yell at you on which ramp to shoot... I'm rambling, still photo's look great.

Looking again I think you are right, which would explain why the images are so clear.

1 week later
#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

The original MikeD mod is affected due to timing changes to eliminate strobing/flicker in the new LED code. The mod software would have to be modified to detect timing changes on the strobing signal. I can publicly say that we did reach an agreement to license and re-run MikeD's mod on our new control system (unaffected by software upgrades) so that CFTBL owners could have a replacement. We have displays sourced, brackets made, cable harnesses designed and boards en-route.
However since PinballSP is so close to launching, getting good pinball press coverage and his videos are top notch... combined with the fact that we don't want to launch scuds and start a race to the bottom, we've deferred the launch of that product depending on the needs of the market.
-- Jimmy

If the strobing code could be turned off in the menu (as an option), wouldn't that solve the problem? I have all incandescents in my pin, anyway.

Update: Soren said it would not be realistic to do this and that he has an idea of how to address the issue. Looking forward to the fix.

4 months later
#2700 3 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

same with me Tom. I just cant justify it without some feedback. And as I said if it were amazing, there would be so much chatter about it...

It may be amazing (who knows) but i suspect no one actually has it yet.

1 month later
#2868 2 years ago

I have a feeling someone found out the hard way their screen was not centered perfectly...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 27.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
€ 24.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.