CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigmo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2222 3 years ago

I do question what value there is in ridiculing someone who is innovating and doing what they can to improve our community.

Whether or not Pinballsp completes his mod, he is doing something amazing. Where we play, he creates, but even more amazing is that he inspires others to create. To see a problem and to not accept there is nothing that can be done he looks to create a solution. This is innovation which is why communities of practice such as this exists.

To bring experiences and ideas together and find innovative ways to make things better. It is where good ideas come from

We have seen what great people can do such as MikeD, Swinks, Cliffy and many many others. I know they have inspired others but do we feel what is on this thread will also inspire others to share their ideas? I would not

I am new to this forum so I am now expecting to receive a barrage of abuse but I joined to learn and share with like minded people with the same interest who are here to improve things.

Whether or not the mod is completed, whether or not it delivers what looks amazing, I thank Pinballsp for believing he can make things better and for innovating but more importantly for sharing

So if helps you feel better about yourself then please do cus away

#2224 3 years ago

Russdx thank you for your feedback.

This current thread is about the holo mod and not the colour dmds though, so we could focus on this mod in this thread and maybe start a different thread to share other experiences we may have had with Pinballsp.

When the mod is available if we as community find it to be less than expected then we as a community would have the right to provide feedback, positive or negative but do we feel that how we are approaching currently would encourage people, inc Pinballsp or discourage them.

What incentive at all does Pinballsp have to share anything such as the media he has created with anyone, let alone finish the mod when this community believes it will never be finished, that if it’s finished it will be rubbish. When we do not support and encourage but believe someone will fail

We risk those on our community becoming afraid to share, afraid to do something different which actually puts them off doing something awsm which will help us all

I am a nobody, not important and new To this group so I haven’t been able to contribute to this community but I am now reflecting if I ever should.

Thanks

#2226 3 years ago

Djb_rh thank you for your feedback

If we disagree and not approve of what someone has done and we judge them not to be exhibiting our beliefs then we as a community should ask them to leave. I cannot agree more but have we agreed that they should get flak when starting a thread and then for 45 pages of posts.

Will I be getting flak because we don’t agree or approve of each other’s beliefs. I am sure many do not agree or approve of what I am questioning us to reflect on so what response will I receive

I love this forum even for the few months I have been on it and I want to keep feeling that way when logging in

Thank you

#2227 3 years ago

Pinballsp, if there anything at all I can do to help you achieve your vision for your product then please do ask. I ask for nothing in return

If you hit a problem and want to use me as a sounding board or if you need to run an idea past me to get another view point, if you need me to review anything and give you feedback then all your need do is ask.

I make the same offer of my help to anyone in our community and ask for nothing in return except for you all to continue to think what if and innovate as together we can find solutions and do great things

Super thanks

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

BIGMO this is pinside, full of pinball enthousiasts.
They will warn their fellow pinsiders for frauds, liars, and aholes.
They will call you out on bluf.
Be thankfull of this as it will safe you money and headache
Welcome to the club, enjoy!
Youre welcome!

I thank you for your feedback and I am of course very grateful to those on this community for helping each other and me as after all that is what we are here for.

What I am personally reflecting on is, do we have right to dictate how someone wishes to approach their work, insist they employee Project Managers and criticise them when they choose to develop their own product in a way that we dont agree with.

I have received a number of harsh messages since doing nothing more but asking the question if this is the right thing for us to do, does it add value to all of us to see the same insulting/critical/demanding responses, many times each page and ask how it may effect others who may consider to innovate their idea, their concept, their product and to do so however they want to.

My posts are not around Pinballsp per se, but how we behave to each other in a way that may prevent us helping each other and prevent those who want to try something not to share their ideas and their progress because they are different.

I have thought of a number of new innovations to address things which could really be done better and have spent a fair chunk money trying but I haven’t shared and unlikely to as from what I am observing, unless I do as I am told, deliver what I am told, when I am told then I will be open to harshness

My posts here was my way of trying to help us as a whole, but from the number of messages I have received in the last day I will do as I am told now and “shut up” and not raise the point again

Thanks again

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Here's the biggest flaw in your passionate argument for the OP - he has come to the board voluntarily to post about this and other mods. He isn't required to and he is using Pinside as his defacto marketing tool. So, any praise or criticism is only because he voluntarily subjected himself to such.

Thank you for your feedback

#2241 3 years ago

Though I said I would not continue to post I would like to ensure that what I am asking is not misunderstood.

I have made no argument nor statement. I have done no more than to ask questions if we believe it is right to be, say unpleasant to those who:

Take too long to do something once they announce it
Do not work in a way we expect
Do not listen to our advice and help
Have visions of their products that we feel cannot be achieved
Start projects and then for their own reasons choose to stop
Raise questions which are not inline with our views
If, in how we react to the above we actually prevent others from even trying out of fear of being treated the same

That’s is all I have asked. If I am wrong then I do apologise

I have thanked Pinballsp for continuing to try and innovate regardless as I would thank and encourage anyone of us.

I am not condoning Pinballsp If he has done any of the things he is accused of, but I do recognise a person who is trying to make things better and apologise if my beliefs or questions have offended

I am old enough not to let the nature of the messages I am receiving get to me though it does answer some of the questions above

Thanks again

1 year later
#3011 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Why is there no one who has posted how awesome this mod is ?

I have to say that I am reluctant to post on this thread, not because of the Mod as it is really, really awesome, but due to the grief I received when I posted in support of the mod which resulted in a barrage of aggressive PMs. Its one the reasons I do not post on Pinside anymore, even though I have only recently joined.

That all said, and expecting the onslaught of nasty PMs and downvotes, it would be wrong not to reply and say how much me and my son love this mod. My machine is heavily modded and this is the icing on the cake. I had looked to by one of the high def repo holograms (around the 400 euro mark) but there are none around, so I bought a not so high quality one and though it was better than nothing both my son and I felt the disappointment when a murky, blurry and spotty creature appeared

I noticed how my son would apologise to his friends who played on the machine that the creature looked bad and actually asked me to disconnect it. With the new mod, there is now fun when hitting the switches and the dark hole in the playfield is colourful and responsive to our game play. My son is now constantly wanting his friends to come over to see it and we are now always playing on it again.

So in short (and knowing the grief I will get) this mod is AWESOME and well worth it and thank you Luis for persevering in this outstanding Innovation.

A few photos attached but as I was doing this one hand, I gave up trying to take more

IMG_7662 (resized).jpgIMG_7662 (resized).jpgIMG_7669 (resized).jpgIMG_7669 (resized).jpgIMG_7675 (resized).jpgIMG_7675 (resized).jpgIMG_7682 (resized).jpgIMG_7682 (resized).jpg
#3014 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s great! Glad to hear your son is into the games; mine wouldn’t be caught dead near our collection!

lol

I got him to help me restore our CFTBL and CV, so he treats both machines with respect, his friends on the other hand...Meh

#3017 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Sorry some people did that to you. Please don't let that spoil your experience here. There are a lot of good pinball people around here that are quite helpful and friendly (most of the time). Thanks for posting your review, and I'm glad you and your son are digging the mod.

Thank you for your words of encouragement

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigmo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=bigmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.