CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Syd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#860 5 years ago

Another mindless post to kill time, but somewhat still on topic, with nobody posting for at least 8hrs.

I long for the day when holographic images can be projected above the playfield. Or maybe you'd need to wear red/ green 3D glasses while playing, for this to work. I don't know? And I'm not referring to PB2000 and the likes of RFM or SWEP1, but still this was ground breaking stuff at the time, even if the games sucked (but in a cool way.. I can say that I own an SWEP1, so no offence fellow Gungans). But I promise if this mod does deliver, I will be sure to watch the 3D B&W full feature version through the playfield with my red/ green 3D glasses on to see what it's like to play pin and watch one of the best universal horrors made.

All things aside, who was it that said, "patience is a virtue" and "good things come to those who wait"?

How long will you have to wait... how long is a piece of string? That's easy, a piece of string is twice the distance from the middle to one end.

So give the man some breathing room and let him do what he needs to do. I'd happily wait until he's confident that he gets it right, develops protos, performance tests, bench marks up to spec etc. It'll be a much better, more solid product and I'd be pretty concerned about purchasing any product dependant on reliability, stability and longevity if was put through all these paces.

What amazes me is that some people who become complacent about a game and think that a new mod is going to change the game so radically to bring it to the next level that they forget about what drew them to the game initially. For me it was the green holo

Thanks for reading my rant and keep up the great work all you who are moders / developers etc.

CFTBL3D (resized).jpegCFTBL3D (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#2092 3 years ago

There have been comments about why the developer isn’t pre-selling this mod, even though it’s not fully completed and the other overbearing question..”why is it taking so long”.

Isn’t that what certain pin companies are doing? Selling you partially completed products or a product that hasn’t been adequately bench or game play tested well knowing there could be post production issues but selling it anyway and then trouble shoot any known and new defects on the fly with retrofit hardware or software, letting the buyer have to deal with all the anguish and frustration after they’ve parted with their heard eared dollars $$$.

I’ve owned my CFTBL for over 20 years and have been following this thread for 3. When I purchased my game 20 years ago, I knew exactly what I was getting, having played in on site for a few weeks beforehand.

I’m happy to wait as long as it takes, until this mod is as close to bullet proof as it can get and if that never happens, then so be it. I don’t want to be pulling something that works out and then installing something different that might need to be removed and sent back and forth in the mail, or contemplate a refund. The ethic of quality control seems to have flown out the window because most kids can’t wait to get their toys before Christmas.

It’s been interesting to read about one how one man’s vision and passions are openly shared within this community. If anyone else has the intelligence, skill sets, time, initiative, resources and business sense to make something similar commercially available since the Mike D version, and in a shorter time frame than this bloke, then go ahead and do it! There’s no copyright and no body stopping you.

If you decide to share the journey as this member has, then get ready for the same barrage of criticism along with posts of support, as this one has.

Bottom line for this pinsider - I’ll be more than glad to part with my $$$’s for a finished stable product at a reasonable price. Not pay now, cringe, cry out for customer support and regret pulling out my halo in the first place.

In the meanwhile, enjoy the journey...

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Are we?Its probably been asked many times but why can’t the Mike D Mod be sold again,or something close.

That’s easy. Because after you factor in the development, production and customer support hours (complaints), or simply put “return on investment”... why would anyone want to?

If it was economically viable or even
profitable it would have happened. Then some guys just develop products and want to share it with other, for the sake of wanting others to experience their creation. Maybe even a break even approach.

I would at a guess think that this developer has already spent a thousand plus combined hours and racked up allot of OOP expenses.

#2131 3 years ago

This thread is EPIC!

I’m gong to narrow it down even further. There are two, nah possibly three types of people posting here.

The optimists. “My glass appears to be half full”

The pessimists. “My glass seems to always be half empty”

The realist. Just living in the moment, drinks the water and get on with life.

“I can’t”.... no let me rephrase it, “ I can” wait to see if he finishes it, or not finishes it. I have absolutely zero “OOP”out of pocket expenses, just the time taken to wade through these pages and it’s been fun. Was not promised anything. Have learnt a boat load about how fascinating and challenging product development and testing can be. Will be keeping my hologram, whether it stays inside Creech for another 20 or so years, or inevitably find something else to replace it with, be it another halo or LCD or whatever, if ever and whenever that occurs.

Good luck everybody! Be thankful for that next breath of air you take and if you are surrounded by loved one and know where your next round of meals are coming from and are capable of flipping on a bunch of machines anytime soon, then lucky you!

#2138 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Damn, you dont have to be all down to earth and shit.

Because so many people are already off the planet...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Syd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=Pinball_Syd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.