CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 7 years ago

Very slick looking!

#181 7 years ago

One other thing to consider is Herg's LED OCD or GI OCD mounts on that exact same bracket. You need to make the install versatile as there are many other mods that might get in the way of the "ideal" install location.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I do not have calculate yet final price, but suppose will be between 300 and 360, + freight cost. And I will try to offer a cheap freight cost by some special courier service like Packlink, mainly to USA.

300 and 360 in what currency?

2 months later
#262 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

No yet, but full kit with all components may be between 350 and 400€.
If remove components, then save money, approximately TFT -55€, Raspberry -35€, Bracket -3€, HDMI 2/3m -3€, USB Pendrive -6€... I will detail exactly when product is ready.

Ouch. That's approximately $500-$600 CAD.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

dont' forget though, it's Still cheaper than Mike D's mod which costs ... oh, unobtainium. $1000 on Ebay last I saw

True, but I had no plans to buy one at that price.

Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the final product that pinballsp creates.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You don't need to do a 'special price' for them ... they won't be paying 20% VAT for Spain or destination EU country.

We still have tax in other countries. Myself, I'll be hit with 12% on top of the exchange and the usual Customs fees.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

That's what you get for giving the world Clamato!

Clamato was invented in NY and is owned by Mott's. Canada gave the world the Caesar cocktail.

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

. . . and Justin Bieber.

...Trump

#289 6 years ago

pinballsp - Sorry about the derail!

*Back to our regular scheduled programming*

3 months later
#427 6 years ago

Is the first image the 45 degree and the second image the parallel to PF image? I don't quite understand your post.

1 month later
#460 6 years ago

Those bumperSP's are awesome!

9 months later
#682 5 years ago

Looks great. I hope you don't get hit by a bus.

1 month later
#715 5 years ago

Looks fantastic SP. Really nicely designed.

1 year later
#1406 4 years ago

Agreed, sometimes you must let your imagination do the work. Is there cola in the cup?

1 week later
#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Looks better without text.

I agree. Leave it to the imagination. You are not putting "Popcorn" under the popcorn guy. Removing the text would keep things more uniform from image to image.

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

If i was to design these boards id lay them out correctly.

I think this is the key statement right here. You are not designing these boards.

pinballsp this project is really coming together nicely and I like what you have done.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Love the popcorn character! I think the popcorn and ticket on the ground look great but I’m not sure the film matches stylistically. Just my opinion.

I agree. It is a case of "less is more". The film strip in not necessary and it one layer too many. It takes away from the popcorn character.

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Hotdog dance test, with various styles of music and background.
There are quite a few things to correct yet, the character is not correctly synchronized with the music, and also the movement of dance type 4 is too slow and with little displacement of character, it does not fit.
I don't like the text, we are going to change it, trying one word next to the other, instead of below. And I want to add some special effect, so that the video is not so simple compared to the other two that have already been made. Maybe add some jars of Ketchup and mustard, a smoke effect for hot food and maybe a drip of ketchup / mustard in the letters of the text.

[quoted image]

Should it hot dog singular not plural? There is only one hot dog, so having the "s" at the end seems incorrect to me.

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

But there are lots more for sale at the concession counter So plural is proper at least to me.

But if we use this logic then it should be POPCORNS and COLAS.

#1495 4 years ago

That was my point.

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

No....
One says "Cola for sale" not "Colas for sale". One says "Popcorn for sale" not "Popcorns for sale". One does say "Hotdogs for sale" not "Hotdog for sale"...unless it's your only Hotdog.

I understand. A Creech is a faraway goal for me, so this mod is even further away. If either ever do happen I'll play with the texted off.

In the meantime I'll go and buy a hotdogs.

2 weeks later
#1542 4 years ago

Video looks great.

Glad you dropped the S in hotdogs.

Odd that no one pointed that out since I last posted. Especially since I was clearly wrong.

6 months later
#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

... may be creating a product so expensive no one will want to buy it

This is pinball. I don't think there is such a thing.

1 week later
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Now I am focused on finishing the hologram kit at once. As soon as I finish It, I continue with the rest of the pending projects, Advanced coloring for the DMDs, 128x16 DMDs and the LED and video bumpers.
On the bumpers, the one you refer to is practically finished, because it is not very complicated. Although the controller board is what was missing to be programmed, but it would be very similar to what I'm doing for the hologram kit, only without using a Raspberry board, so as soon as I finish the hologram kit I will also have the controller board practically ready for those LED bumpers.
I also started, a long time ago, the design of these interactive bumpers with round video screens, these are quite more complex, but they would use the same controller board. I can put on sale first those that work with LEDs, and finish those that use video screens that can take me a little longer to finish, due to the complexity.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-video-bumper-cap-by-pinballsp

Very cool. I hadn't seen this thread. Thank you for pointing me to it. I hope one of these projects is completed soon!

4 months later
#2374 3 years ago

Videos look good. KISS bothers me with the K always in the foreground, but that's just me nitpicking.

I will never be a buyer as the price is out of my range, but I would still like to see a video with actual game footage. What happens when two videos are triggered within a second of each other or when a mode overlaps with another mode?

1 month later
#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The problem is that I changed the fan of the computer fridge and broke the lashes that hold it, now it doesn't comply and the processor overheats in seconds, blocking the computer if I launch Premiere export. Already ordered a new Cooler Master that I will receive tomorrow, will ride it with two fans, the serial plus a Noctua I have here.
While also taking advantage to set up the flippers with a recontruction kit and checked the tilt of the board with a digital tilt I received today from Amazon. I thought the table was too inclined, but no, the inclination is 6. degrees, within the standard of 6.5 to 7 recommended degrees.

Good god. Every project multiplies for this poor guy. I'm glad he's not my wife.

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I really wanted this guy to get this out. He came out of the gate so strong and the vids are really good. But I don’t want a product that isn’t supported if it doesn’t work well.

This was my concern as well, but the biggest concern for me was the cost. Wasn't this version of the mod with all the videos pushing $500+?

#2497 3 years ago

Costs stolen from a post earlier in this thread.

BASIC, 5 videos, 439.42 USD
HALF, 10 videos, 532.80 USD
FULL, 24 videos, 595.09 USD

My guess is the 86 pixel mod is under $400USD.

What was the original cost of the MikeD mod?

#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I found my receipt, mine was $401.50 plus the TV.

Ouch. That'll be around $500CAD for me. Still worth it.

#2522 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The one thing that concerns me with Compy's version is the screen looks to sit further away from the playfield window and at an angle. Which is what the original hologram does, but not exactly what you'd want for video. Am I wrong on this?

We have only seen a promise of what the mod might potentially be. Based on Compy 's track record I'll wait to see the entire package before forming an opinion. I am on the list, but I want to see it in action, with HD video before pulling out my wallet.

#2534 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The MikeD CFTBL display mod has been around for years with MANY videos of it in action to review. Compy is simply Improving what was done with Additional content. Not hard to imagine what it will look like and as far as His "track record", he has done everything he has set out to do and in a timely fashion to superb standard.

You misread what I wrote, or perhaps I was not as clear. When I mentioned Compy 's track record I meant that as a positive, not a negative. He has a positive track record. I do not have any doubts that the product will be made to excellent standards.

I still plan on waiting to see the full package before pulling out my wallet. I want to see the improvements (if any) to the design.

#2561 3 years ago

It looks good. There are a few videos that seem out of place. The repetition of the videos is something I'll have to think about. For me it's too much, especially the snackbar ones. My OCD also bothers me seeing the K in KISS being highlighted even if I'm on the I or S or second S.

Kudos to the modder though. It looks like a nice package put together here.

3 weeks later
#2600 3 years ago

ROM v5 doesn't keep the Extra Ball LED on permanently. Check your settings.

1 week later
#2611 3 years ago

All this effort, and all I really want is a new drop in hologram to replace the fading orange/yellow/blue one in my pin.

2 weeks later
#2635 3 years ago

I can't imagine how busy a Creech would look with an animated lagoon and 3 animated signs. It would be overkill on multiple levels.

The graphics look nice, but the yellow flashing/scrolling arrows are too much.

2 weeks later
#2654 3 years ago

The video was painful to watch. The animations are well done, but I can't say I'm a buyer. I am worried about support on this product and honestly I think it's just too much. Best of luck to all the potential buyers.

1 week later
#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yes, something is off with the creature animation events. I don't remember at the very beginning, but the creature should briefly show up each time a hole is hit and it is undiscovered....I think the snackbar and other animations during multiball should be pause, and the animations should be completely dedicated to creature...whether murky water, the creature itself, etc. Seeing snack bar animations during search for the creature is too distracting. Just my 2c on an otherwise great looking mod.

Totally agree. Creech shows up momentarily during the game as well. When you complete the snackbar if I'm not mistaken. During MB, the lagoon screen should be off. The entire game goes dark except for the SEARCH inserts and the chase ramp.

2 months later
#2840 2 years ago

The K-I-S-S animation still drives me crazy with the way it lights up the K every single time. The P-A-I-D animation doesn't seem to do this, so I'm curious why it wasn't repeated for K-I-S-S. Also, in the video there didn't seem to be an animation for the M when the SLIDE triggered. Is there a video for M or did it just not trigger?

I'm not a buyer, as the price is out of my range, and all those videos make it a lot too busy for me. Overall it looks good, so I'm sure it'll make a few Creech owners happy. Just not for me.

#2847 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

There are individual switches for each of the PAID letters, so it very easy for the mod to display the correct letter however KISS works very differently. Typically a letter is advanced in KISS when the left subway is shot and while you can count how many left subways have been shot, there is an issue in that the KISS skill shot can award a varying number of letters at the start of a ball so the mod won't know what letter to start counting from. Also plunging a saved ball or to start multiball doesn't award a KISS letter - of course a mod could check the lamp matrix as to which lamps are on however this adds more complexity and potentially introduces a delay (lamps are an output from the CPU where as switches are an input and solely reading them avoids any delay).

Ah, yes. I had forgotten that detail. Thank you.

What about the animation for M? Is there a slide animation or did I miss it?

#2877 2 years ago

The scale of the dog in this graphic irks me. pinballsp maybe revisit this drawing?

4535997d6cdb69fd794776ba553522358d42465a (resized).jpg4535997d6cdb69fd794776ba553522358d42465a (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=Fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.