CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 7 years ago

I'm also very interested. I look forward to seeing how this turns out!

2 months later
#245 6 years ago

Please take my money. Can't wait to buy this!

2 months later
#325 6 years ago

So excited for this!

5 months later
#503 6 years ago

One for me too please!

1 month later
#550 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Well you have not gotten a price yet so dont get to excited until we see if the cost is worth the mod. With everybody saying i want it before hand that only keeps the price up up up and away.

I disagree. When people say 'I want one' it only tells the maker there is a ready market and incentivizes him to bring it to market.

It would be much worse if he didn't see there was a market for his product. We have seen this with other announced mods.

Later the maker gets to choose his price point and we get to choose if we think it's worth it. Very different than a pre-order situation which the maker is very wisely avoiding.

I want one and will most likely buy but 99.9%+ of the people who play my CFTBL don't even know there should be a hologram. I have to decide if the extra bling will drive more plays since mine is on route.

3 months later
#629 5 years ago

Jeez, cut him some slack. The guy is working on this in his spare time, and has multiple side projects as well.

And I don’t think getting excited is putting the cart before the horse. Most of us have seen what video looks on small LCD screens on pinball machines. It won’t be much different. Now if he was asking for pre-order money I’d be shouting for video proof, too. But he’s not.

I’m content to wait until he gets it right, and I’d prefer he got his automated systems debugged before releasing product. Sounds like he’s doing all the right things to me.

3 months later
#717 5 years ago

pinballsp thanks for the great updates. Very excited to see this!

#724 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

But not all is good news, this monitor is quite heavy, probably because of the metal case it has. Only the monitor without any accessory, weighs 1561 grams, and after removing a piece that serves to put it on the table, the weight drops to 1388 grams.

Sorry am I missing something? That's 3 pounds right? Seems like about what it should weigh to me.

I'd rather have a heavier monitor with a solid case than a flimsy TFT with no case please.

But as long as you spec the exact monitor that I can buy locally, I'm happy to go with that too.

1 month later
#843 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I really hope to see some video of the final product before Wednesday when the ordering opens. Just to manage expectations....

Me too! I’m very excited about this product, but I really need to see video of it mounted and working in a creech before I can commit to buying.

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not to be a "doubting thomas", but it does seem rather odd that in over a year not a single (even work-in-progress) video has been posted on how well the timing of firing off a video works

He probably just underestimated the production time to make the video clips. Happens all the time, I should know.

I’m looking forward to seeing it when it’s ready.

6 months later
#1003 4 years ago

Still interested, but will also back the better product, whichever it is.

I'd also say any product cross-posting is fair game if done professionally. Competition benefits everyone.

1 month later
#1052 4 years ago

Very excited to see this in action.

I would lose the rotating cube entirely. Keep it simple. Use the full screen.

The video has sound, where will sound play when the videos play? Or is that just for jazzing up the youtube video?

1 week later
#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The graphic designer, who is being quite good, both in the quality of what he is showing me, and in his seriousness as a professional, is suggesting me to model the monster in 3D.
If the cost does not increase too much, and the quality improves markedly, it is likely that I will pay the extra cost to model the monster in 3D.

These recent videos are looking quite good. I'm excited about the product based on these test videos.

Regarding 3D modeling, I agree with the other poster, doing proper 3D animation is costly and does require a lot of different skills to give you a convincing result in the end. So you're adding technical as well as artistic risk, adding cost and adding time. I'm fine with waiting, but I think the if quality of these last two video is the same for the rest of the videos you are quite good for a version 1, personally.

However, I'm quite worried about tapping board power. Would you please consider an option that wouldn't pull power from a 25 year old power driver board? I would feel a lot better about that. I've had a hell of a lot of problems over the years with my WPC power driver boards and I really don't want to add more stress to them.

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

As I said you can use your own 12v power supply, instead of the unregulated 12v supplied by the pinball. On the HolomodSP main board, there is currently a 2-pin connector to connect the 12v power supply, and a round jack to supply that voltage to the display. I can exchange them so that the round jack is the input 12v power, and use a 2-pin connector to supply voltage to the screen.
The only problem you have to solve is where to connect the AC input of your power supply.

I must have missed that, thanks. I look forward to seeing how you solve the AC connection problem.

Looking very good so far!

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I can provide, as an optional extra, an external 12v 3A power supply, with 2 quick splicers, it would practically be plug and play. I would give detailed instructions, with images, of where to connect the input of the external power supply, with the 2 quick splicers, it is quite simple.

I'd be happy with a solution like that.

1 week later
#1138 4 years ago

I really doubt the cube and smaller bubble videos will be visible to the player. Consider making all the animations full screen.

Great progress so far!

#1152 4 years ago

Nice to see the work being done in Blender. I look forward to seeing the rigging complete and animations when they are ready. Thanks for the updates!

2 months later
#1460 4 years ago

I don't get why people are shitting on this product. The guy isn't asking a cent in advance. He owes all of us exactly nothing. If he wants to polish it for another year, that's his decision. I was skeptical about the videos but they are actually looking great and keeping right with the theme of the game.

And regarding lazy board design or inelegant code, who gives a shit? He's not writing commercial airline autopilot software. All I care is that it works, looks great and has a reasonable price point.

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because of the history with the guy... at least now he's paying(?) other people to do the work so it has a chance of getting done. He loves doing hardware prototypes... and his pattern has been to always keep finding the next revision to make instead of just finishing the project. And when he gets close, he starts another project, which they keeps him from finishing the prior one... and the cycle continues. But we get to see like 30 “final” versions of each along the way

IDK maybe because I work in video games I'm more sympathetic to someone who is clearly passionate about his product and is willing to go the extra distance to get it all right. He's clearly making progress, making regular updates, and has gone from prototyping to finalizing key aspects of the product. I mentioned months ago that the videos would take a hell of a long time to get right. They are, and I'm gratified and excited that the developer here is taking the time to make them right.

And you know, it's his right to take as long as he wants, work with whomever he wants, kill projects at his own whim for whatever GD reason he wants too. Get over it, man.

Personally I really like seeing all the versions and going along with the journey. He's clearly looking for feedback from buyers, and clearly taking it on board. What The literal F is wrong with that?

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You act like this is the first time round with this guy.

And you act like he owes you something. Last I looked, you weren't an investor or his boss.

Quoted from flynnibus:

This guy has been the poster child of engineers without an adult in the room to keep the business and marketing sense in the discussion.

In my experience those business and marketing fucks that want to monetize the air we breathe and push half-baked product out the door to meet their quarterly profit goals are the real problem.

This guy? It's obvious to me that he's taking his time doing the right things - not releasing early, keeping to his vision while taking on board customer input, posting frequent updates. He's worked on several projects. Some didn't work out. Do you know anyone with a 100% track record? In any industry?

I'm happy to wait until he thinks his product is ready. It looks to be coming together really well!

1 week later
#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Testing an animated smoke effect cartoon type. For now, what looks good is the character dancing with the smoke

I have my doubts that sauce or smoke will even be visible to the player. Personally I feel this one is more than acceptable to ship.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 9.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=Brijam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.