CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 62.
#3051 1 year ago
Quoted from t3amaw3s0m3:

- I eventually decided to use the barrel jack on the mod board, and a wall wart plugged into the utility socket. However, the docs don't mention it's a center-negative jack; I had to figure it out with a multimeter by confirming which pin on the barrel jack connected to ground pins on the RPi. Only having center-positive power supplies (how people usually make them, at least in the US ), I had to re-wire one of mine to reverse the polarity.

Once I overcame the blown fuse and rewired one of my 12V 2A PSUs to be center-negative

It doesn't seem right. The Holomodsp board's power jack has the positive(+) in the center and a negative(-) on the outside of the jack. You can see it in the attached pictures, one of the external power supply that can be purchased as an optional extra together with the kit, on the power supply label you can see the polarity (center to +).

This is important, mainly in kits sold since 2 months ago, since a diode that protected polarity reversal was replaced by an inductor and several capacitors that act as an EMI filter to prevent radiofrequency interference, when the coils are activated, may affect the screen.

Both with the cable included in the kit and with the optional extra power supply, the polarity is always correct. But if someone decides to use their own power supply and connects the polarity reversed, it can irreversibly damage the board and screen.
jack_holo_002.jpgjack_holo_002.jpgjack_holo_003.jpgjack_holo_003.jpg

1 month later
#3052 1 year ago

Hello, in a few days I'm waiting for my creature, and here I am collecting money to be able to get this fantastic mod. I live in Greece, this sent from Europe?

#3053 1 year ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

Hello, in a few days I'm waiting for my creature, and here I am collecting money to be able to get this fantastic mod. I live in Greece, this sent from Europe?

Hi, thanks for your interest in the product.

Yes, I am in Europe, specifically in Spain. I make shipments to any country in the world, by transport agency, to Europe usually by DPD.

1 month later
#3054 1 year ago

As I frequently receive emails asking me about the usefulness and necessity of optional extras, here is a description of each one:

Holomodsp OPTIONAL EXTRAS, description:
===========================
1.- SD card: it is used to update the firmware and to modify some parameters of the default configuration.

2.- USB flash drive: it will be used in a future firmware update to be able to replace product videos with your own videos.

3.- External power supply: If your machine installs other mods, then you will need an external power supply or the CPU may reset during gameplay. In general, I always recommend installing the external power supply.

4.- Rom chip: If the game Rom on your machine is older than L4, then you need to update the firmware to make it compatible with Holomodsp. I provide the latest version available, REV5, which also fixes some issues with the original game, such as ghosting lights on earlier versions.

5.- Extra video package: add 6 more videos to the product, for a total of 30 videos (24 from the base kit + 6 additional).

I also remember that all documentation, user manuals and firmware updates are available on the project's Github:
https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP

And prices always updated on my Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp/posts/pfbid02VYtdTvQehzFqCoZpG79mLZsZDPnNKtJrsXoxkwv2zg75hit5LFcxrZXykPSnA41Jl

Product installed and in play on the machine:

The 30 videos of the product, in operation:

3 months later
#3055 1 year ago

My apologies if this is a dumb question. Where is the best place I can buy this awesome piece of work you created?

#3056 1 year ago
Quoted from Maverick222:

My apologies if this is a dumb question. Where is the best place I can buy this awesome piece of work you created?

Hi, thank you for your interest in my product.

You can contact me directly to place the order, by Email, WhatsApp, Skykpe or Telegram. I ship worldwide by courier agency (TNT or UPS for shipments to the USA).

Email: [email protected]
Whatsapp: +34693344445
Skype-Telegram: pinballsp

For prices and extras available, all updated on my Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp/posts/pfbid02VWsM9EPRB44EF2UqhSkfNg5SDSeByJUSoyEuzZPEdfLfA9x5vpgBkc4XTrUCZowCl

Regards

2 months later
#3057 1 year ago

Just curious if anyone's Rasberry Pi has failed yet? Mine recently went bad. I bought a new one and was back and working pretty quick. Tech support is spot on for this product for sure.

1 week later
#3058 11 months ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Just curious if anyone's Rasberry Pi has failed yet? Mine recently went bad. I bought a new one and was back and working pretty quick. Tech support is spot on for this product for sure.

There have been some Raspberries that have failed, the strange thing is that what has always failed has been the video output, but the rest of the Raspberry has continued to work. The problem is that in this product the Raspberry is only used to play video, so if the video output fails, the product fails. The good thing is that it is enough to replace the Rasbperry and the product works again.

On the other hand, the blue board, which is the one I have designed, has never failed, not a single unit has turned out to be defective over time. I seem to remember that the Raspberries that have failed in the video output have always been 3A+ models, I don't remember failures in the Zero2.

It is very rare that the Raspberry always fail with the video output, I have even come to think if going through the Customs electromagnetic security arches could damage a sensitive component, but I doubt it. I can't find an explanation for the fact that the Raspberries always fail in their video output.

On the other hand, the Raspberry units that have failed, while the product is under warranty (1 year from the delivery date), have been replaced at no cost to the customer. I think it was not your case, but there have been some under warranty.

#3059 11 months ago

Not to vulture the thread, but if there are RPis that have only failed video output that doesn't mean they're useless. I've got 3 RPis in my home network that are running "headless" for different tasks; no monitors attached. I can set them up for that use just by configuring the network and enabling ssh in the card image loaded by the board. They may still have a life other than in the trash/electronics recycling.

2 months later
#3060 9 months ago

About to put an order in and wanted to ask previous buyers, what are the "must have" extras and what should I not waste my money on. Still deciding on how many videos I want to order.

#3061 9 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

About to put an order in and wanted to ask previous buyers, what are the "must have" extras and what should I not waste my money on. Still deciding on how many videos I want to order.

Depending on the machine, there are two optional extras that may be essential:

1.- External power supply: If the machine already installs other mods, it is essential to install the external power supply to avoid CPU resets during the game.

2.- CPU ROM: If the firmware version of the machine's CPU is prior to L4, the ROM must be updated to L4 or Rev5. The firmware version can be seen on the DMD at machine boot.

#3062 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Depending on the machine, there are two optional extras that may be essential:
1.- External power supply: If the machine already installs other mods, it is essential to install the external power supply to avoid CPU resets during the game.
2.- CPU ROM: If the firmware version of the machine's CPU is prior to L4, the ROM must be updated to L4 or Rev5. The firmware version can be seen on the DMD at machine boot.

Thanks, now if I could just decide to do 24 or 30 videos. Decisions, decisions......

#3063 9 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

Thanks, now if I could just decide to do 24 or 30 videos. Decisions, decisions......

I chose to get all the videos. It's something you will regret not doing later.

#3064 9 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

In for a penny, in for a pound is how I would look at it.

#3065 8 months ago

Still deciding on 24 or 30, seems like an expensive upgrade just to get 6 more videos but it is what it is. As far as the power supply, would something like this work?

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#3066 8 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

Still deciding on 24 or 30, seems like an expensive upgrade just to get 6 more videos but it is what it is. As far as the power supply, would something like this work?
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's the price difference? I'm thinking that if you're doing the mod you'd want to go all in and not kick yourself down the road when the mod becomes unavailable. Atleast that's how I'd try to justify it in my mind.

#3067 8 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

What's the price difference? I'm thinking that if you're doing the mod you'd want to go all in and not kick yourself down the road when the mod becomes unavailable. Atleast that's how I'd try to justify it in my mind.

The 'full' package is around $800 U.S and the extra 6 videos are another $450, which it appears is a hard decision for me .

#3068 8 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

The 'full' package is around $800 U.S and the extra 6 videos are another $450, which it appears is a hard decision for me .

Ouch...I see your point. Not sure what I'd do either. That seems like a lot of money considering what it is. I know, I know, it's custom for our hobby. I get it...

#3069 8 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

I agree it seems like a pretty steep increase in cost for an extra 6 videos. I just didn't want to regret not doing it down the road so I begrudgingly pony-uped the extra money.

#3070 8 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, you could use that power supply using the 12v 2A output.

Since you will have to create your own cable with the round jack connector, it is important that the polarity is correct, positive in the center, negative on the outside of the connector, because if you invert the 12v polarity, the screen will be irreversibly damaged. Some components of the Holomodsp board could also burn, the filter electrolytics could explode, the switching regulator, microcontroller, RPY could be damaged. It could also explode some inductor of the EMI board.

Pinside_forum_7070735_1.jpgPinside_forum_7070735_1.jpgPinside_forum_7070735_2.jpgPinside_forum_7070735_2.jpg

2 months later
#3071 6 months ago

The bottom inside of the creech cabinets were half painted in black on the bottom, I think so the bare wood didn't show around the hologram window. I'm doing a restore/decal job on this cabinet, and wondering with the holomod can I sand the bottom inside of the cabinet or should I leave it black? TIA

#3072 6 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

The bottom inside of the creech cabinets were half painted in black on the bottom, I think so the bare wood didn't show around the hologram window. I'm doing a restore/decal job on this cabinet, and wondering with the holomod can I sand the bottom inside of the cabinet or should I leave it black? TIA

Hello Ron.
I assume you already received the Holomodsp kit, at least when I check the UPS tracking it appears as delivered.

The Holomodsp product, unlike the original hologram, once installed covers almost the entire window of the playfield, allowing nothing to be seen of the inside of the machine, it remains completely black.

It is irrelevant if you paint black or leave the wood natural inside the cabinet, there will be no difference once the Holomodsp Kit is installed.

#3073 6 months ago

fantastic kit holo! your pinball will be another one !

#3074 6 months ago
Quoted from aladinice:

fantastic kit holo! your pinball will be another one !

Thank you  

#3075 6 months ago

great job on this ....nicely done !

#3076 6 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

great job on this ....nicely done !

Thanks mate

3 months later
#3077 3 months ago

Just installed this, goes through a brief power up on screen but no videos when I start the game. Is this because you have to download the videos on an SD card first? I thought this was plug n play, TIA

#3078 3 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

Just installed this, goes through a brief power up on screen but no videos when I start the game. Is this because you have to download the videos on an SD card first? I thought this was plug n play, TIA

The product is 100% plug and play, tested and ready to work. Something is not installed correctly.

Check the connection of the blue board female connectors with the CPU, that the two female 1x9 connectors are not displaced. Disconnect and clean, with isopropyl alcohol, the female connectors of the blue board and the flat cable, as well as that of the L-shaped adapter board.

Do you see something on the screen when the product starts up or does it go black? The Raspberry unit takes 19 seconds to start up so it should show a test video and then start the game.

If everything is not connected correctly or a connector makes poor contact, no video may be shown.

Check this too:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/57#post-6310535

And in the User Manual, section 12, it also indicates everything you should check if something fails, which is among other things what I am telling you here now.

ScreenHunter_124.jpgScreenHunter_124.jpg
#3079 3 months ago

Considering the purchase of this unit. Are the various videos synched to game play or more random? How many videos come with the basic unit? How much is it for the additional videos? Sorry if the questions are already answered somewhere.

#3080 3 months ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Considering the purchase of this unit. Are the various videos synched to game play or more random? How many videos come with the basic unit? How much is it for the additional videos? Sorry if the questions are already answered somewhere.

Holomodsp is a fully interactive product, each video is triggered only by its corresponding event in the game, the Jackpot video when the Jackpot occurs in the game, the Super Jackpot video when the Super Jackpot occurs in the game, the Creature Found when the creature found event occurs in the game, etc...

24 videos for the base version, and 6 more for the extra package. Each one triggered ONLY when the corresponding event occurs in the game, the videos are not triggered randomly, it would not make sense for the Jackpot, Super Jackpot, Creature Found and others video to appear randomly if the event does not occur corresponding in the game.

Here are all the updated information about prices and shipping cost.

Holomodsp 24videos, price 795 Euros.
Estimated lead time from receipt of payment, 5-8 working days.

Optional extras:
1.- Micro SD card, 18 Euros.
2.- USB flash drive, 22 Euros.
3.- External power supply, 24 Euros.
4.- DIP Rom chip, L-4 or Rev5, 22 Euros.
5.- Extra video Package (6 videos), 398 Euros
   -Movie Madness
   -Search
   -Snack Attack (Teeth)
   -Snack Attack (Watch)
   -Snack Attack (Super Scoring)
   -Snack Attack (Million)

Shipping costs:
Spain / Portugal ---> 13 Euros
European Union countries --> 32 Euros
UK --> 39 Euros
United States / Canada --> 69 Euros.
Australia --> 78 Euros
Other countries ---> Contact for a quote

1 month later
#3081 46 days ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Holomodsp is a fully interactive product, each video is triggered only by its corresponding event in the game, the Jackpot video when the Jackpot occurs in the game, the Super Jackpot video when the Super Jackpot occurs in the game, the Creature Found when the creature found event occurs in the game, etc...
24 videos for the base version, and 6 more for the extra package. Each one triggered ONLY when the corresponding event occurs in the game, the videos are not triggered randomly, it would not make sense for the Jackpot, Super Jackpot, Creature Found and others video to appear randomly if the event does not occur corresponding in the game.

Here are all the updated information about prices and shipping cost.
Holomodsp 24videos, price 795 Euros.
Estimated lead time from receipt of payment, 5-8 working days.
Optional extras:
1.- Micro SD card, 18 Euros.
2.- USB flash drive, 22 Euros.
3.- External power supply, 24 Euros.
4.- DIP Rom chip, L-4 or Rev5, 22 Euros.
5.- Extra video Package (6 videos), 398 Euros
   -Movie Madness
   -Search
   -Snack Attack (Teeth)
   -Snack Attack (Watch)
   -Snack Attack (Super Scoring)
   -Snack Attack (Million)
Shipping costs:
Spain / Portugal ---> 13 Euros
European Union countries --> 32 Euros
UK --> 39 Euros
United States / Canada --> 69 Euros.
Australia --> 78 Euros
Other countries ---> Contact for a quote

Your mod is mind blowing. Honestly, really want this game someday just for an excuse to watch these videos. They capture the soul of the game. Very Creature

#3082 46 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Your mod is mind blowing. Honestly, really want this game someday just for an excuse to watch these videos. They capture the soul of the game. Very Creature

I appreciate your praise for the product. Thank you!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.