CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 62.
#2851 2 years ago

Well, I don't know much. But I do know who is being the bigger person in this situation.

#2852 2 years ago

Got mine today! Will try to not procrastinate too long and get it installed so I can report back.

#2853 2 years ago

Mod looks fantastic Well done getting it to market.

#2854 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:Got mine today! Will try to not procrastinate too long and get it installed so I can report back.

Please do. I’m on the fence

#2855 2 years ago

Honestly blown away guys, I added a service outlet and used my own 12v power supply cause this game is already stretched on the 12v circuit. We gotta hand it to him. It’s very well done and easy install

0E5677F4-046A-4B1B-AEA2-579F18BA186E (resized).jpeg0E5677F4-046A-4B1B-AEA2-579F18BA186E (resized).jpeg63969C74-3A59-4714-A5DC-C1AAEA21D230 (resized).jpeg63969C74-3A59-4714-A5DC-C1AAEA21D230 (resized).jpeg67062DA5-3D4A-45EB-9A65-DE8DF3965D73 (resized).jpeg67062DA5-3D4A-45EB-9A65-DE8DF3965D73 (resized).jpegACE6500A-26D3-4EAA-B5AF-7890C3F706E4 (resized).jpegACE6500A-26D3-4EAA-B5AF-7890C3F706E4 (resized).jpeg
#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Honestly blown away guys, I added a service outlet and used my own 12v power supply cause this game is already stretched on the 12v circuit. We gotta hand it to him. It’s very well done and easy install
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the great pictures! Your opinion is much appreciated so I ask you to; and please be as honest as possible regarding the amount of cash you spent; does it actuall COMPLETELY does what it's supposed to do or does it "only" look good? We had so many quality pictures, testing videos, videos with hands moving the balls, but still no real and full frame gameplay video. What's wrong with dropping a few minutes of unedited mobile shots, uploaded to youtube or wherever and show if its really working as intended to be?

As people might have noticed I'm more or less on the pain-in-the-neck-side of things and I somehow wished I am wrong this time. But my fear is that, again, the OP will drop support and move on to the next project, regardeless of this one being finished or not. And I still have the suspiciotion it's far from being 100% operational. Please prove me wrong!

Regardless of the back and forth of this particular seller, the videos and animations are stunning and I congratulate the artist! He/she has done an amazing job and every mod owner is happy to see your work (if you will ever read these lines)!

#2857 2 years ago

I think I’ll wait till optional video sets 1&2 are finished.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from Raaalph:

Thanks for the great pictures! Your opinion is much appreciated so I ask you to; and please be as honest as possible regarding the amount of cash you spent; does it actuall COMPLETELY does what it's supposed to do or does it "only" look good? We had so many quality pictures, testing videos, videos with hands moving the balls, but still no real and full frame gameplay video. What's wrong with dropping a few minutes of unedited mobile shots, uploaded to youtube or wherever and show if its really working as intended to be?
As people might have noticed I'm more or less on the pain-in-the-neck-side of things and I somehow wished I am wrong this time. But my fear is that, again, the OP will drop support and move on to the next project, regardeless of this one being finished or not. And I still have the suspiciotion it's far from being 100% operational. Please prove me wrong!
Regardless of the back and forth of this particular seller, the videos and animations are stunning and I congratulate the artist! He/she has done an amazing job and every mod owner is happy to see your work (if you will ever read these lines)!

It’s more polished than the Mike D, honestly even if he never updates it, I love it as is, videos transmission smoothly, the animations are better than expected and it seems well built. I really suggest getting the full package cause I can contest the videos fire quickly, there isn’t a delay, sure if you flail it’ll trigger but it doesn’t spaz out. Well done, he shut everyone up and maybe it helped push him

#2859 2 years ago

Can you post some gameplay?

#2860 2 years ago

Yes real gameplay please. I would like to see how it reacts to fast shots, like when you hit almost two or three snackbar targets in one shot. So no glass off and simulate a shot with lots of time in between. The game is fast so hope the video acts accoridngly. I expect a lot of video's to cut of beacuse the next is already triggered.

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes real gameplay please. I would like to see how it reacts to fast shots, like when you hit almost two or three snackbar targets in one shot. So no glass off and simulate a shot with lots of time in between. The game is fast so hope the video acts accoridngly. I expect a lot of video's to cut of beacuse the next is already triggered.

I recall the op saying early on that a video would play for a minimum (3sec??) time before it could be switched out and I think there was some priority as to which video to play if multiple were queued. Certainly it'd be great to see a true gameplay video.

#2862 2 years ago

I really hope someone posts gameplay and it does what it should. However, not convinced that will silence the boo birds. The goal posts will likely be moved again. I'm hopeful that two members so far are reporting great results....and from two members who weren't constantly pumping the mod. I have a close friend that ordered one for his CFTBL restoration of a game completely missing its hologram. So even of its not perfect it is better than a black hole and gives users an option. For that, the OP should be applauded. Might not be your cup of tea (I'm not a customer as my hologram still works), but one more option is a good thing.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The game is fast so hope the video acts accoridngly. I expect a lot of video's to cut of beacuse the next is already triggered.

That's a relative easy problem to fix in software... cool off timers and prioritization allow you to easily define when you should abort a video. I wouldn't expect problems with say the same snackbar video being triggered three times. The harder problem is things like game state... knowing when a video is actually appropriate to play or not. Like, knowing during multiball you want a different set of priorities, etc.

We saw a lot of this in the earlier videos... this is where the 'distracting' vs 'on point' difference will play out.

#2864 2 years ago

I am curious to know if anyone who has a nicely working MikeD lagoon mod in their CFTBL would change to this pinballsp mod? NOTE: Not looking to buy someone's MikeD mod (I already have it). Just curious to see if people think this is a big upgrade from it.

#2865 2 years ago

I have an uninstalled MikeD mod. Depending how this one pans out I might get this one and sell the MikeD.

#2866 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I am curious to know if anyone who has a nicely working MikeD lagoon mod in their CFTBL would change to this pinballsp mod? NOTE: Not looking to buy someone's MikeD mod (I already have it). Just curious to see if people think this is a big upgrade from it.

Short version is... this mod has a lot more videos. That would be the main reason. On the other hand, the videos may be more obtrusive. I would think your choice would be primarily driven by the desire for the style of the videos you see from this kit. The huge price is the turn-off.

Personally I think the better choice would be to wait till compy's mod is done, which will allow you to load your own video, and then maybe get the best of both? I doubt compy's is going to cost as much as pinballsps.

#2867 2 years ago

Holomodsp, Important notice on installation, to avoid damage to the screen.

1.- The bracket must be perfectly centered under the playfield, otherwise the screen could be damaged, especially if it is displaced to the right side as it is too close to the right slinghot plunger. The screen cannot move by itself due to the vibrations of the game, it is well fixed with 4 velcro fasteners, that has been proven with many hours of play on my machine, so only if the bracket is not installed properly centered, the screen can be damaged. There are center alignment marks on the bracket, and the User Manual indicates how to center the bracket with the screen to the playfield.

2.- The ribbon cable that connects the screen with the video controller board should never be removed or reconnected. These connectors are very delicate, if they are slightly twisted the screen will be irreversibly damaged. Everything is delivered perfectly connected, aligned and tested, if you have any questions contact me and ask before connecting to avoid damage.

These and other warnings will also be included in the next version of the User Manual, but until then I have preferred to warn here to avoid damages to the product.

SCREEN_SLINGHSHOT_000.jpgSCREEN_SLINGHSHOT_000.jpgSCREEN_SLINGHSHOT_001.jpgSCREEN_SLINGHSHOT_001.jpgSCREEN_SLINGHSHOT_002.jpgSCREEN_SLINGHSHOT_002.jpg

cable_plano_pantalla_000x.jpgcable_plano_pantalla_000x.jpgcable_plano_pantalla_001a.jpgcable_plano_pantalla_001a.jpgcable_plano_pantalla_002.jpgcable_plano_pantalla_002.jpg

#2868 2 years ago

I have a feeling someone found out the hard way their screen was not centered perfectly...

#2869 2 years ago

Got mine installed tonight finally! Went very smooth. I had to use the external 12 volts. My 12 volts wasn't having it when I tried to hook it off the driver board. I did the complete kit so it was in there. There is a little board that came with it with some buttons on it for adjustments. Does that plug into the LCD monitor or the actual board in the backbox? I just didn't read that far. Other than that I love it!

51229655942_4dbaf87686_o (resized).jpg51229655942_4dbaf87686_o (resized).jpg51229668867_a7a8befcca_o (resized).jpg51229668867_a7a8befcca_o (resized).jpg51230373551_2c7774fc5d_o (resized).jpg51230373551_2c7774fc5d_o (resized).jpg51230572768_9acc00fa14_o (resized).jpg51230572768_9acc00fa14_o (resized).jpg51230585418_8fbf55329a_o (resized).jpg51230585418_8fbf55329a_o (resized).jpg51231129744_23f7ec088f_o (resized).jpg51231129744_23f7ec088f_o (resized).jpg51231129804_c4c26701a0_o (resized).jpg51231129804_c4c26701a0_o (resized).jpg51231129844_8c802be4c1_o (resized).jpg51231129844_8c802be4c1_o (resized).jpg51231142839_bc8994eb1b_o (resized).jpg51231142839_bc8994eb1b_o (resized).jpg51231431265_70e66fbb70_o (resized).jpg51231431265_70e66fbb70_o (resized).jpg51231431290_62d5242fda_o (resized).jpg51231431290_62d5242fda_o (resized).jpg51231443975_7a74783c67_o (resized).jpg51231443975_7a74783c67_o (resized).jpg
#2870 2 years ago

Seems no one wants to take a game play video

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

The guy up above had game play video streaming on a Facebook group last night. I think his game also had a pin soundboard in it with custom music that made the stream sound really confusing and hard to follow what the game was doing but the animations on the screen looked excellent.

#2872 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I'm sure it will come ,, very positive feedback so far

#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The guy up above had game play video streaming on a Facebook group last night. I think his game also had a pin soundboard in it with custom music that made the stream sound really confusing and hard to follow what the game was doing but the animations on the screen looked excellent.

Yup that was me. My Creech has the PinSound mod as well. Facebook did kill most of the music on that video with their copywrite stuff so you can watch it like a silent movie now I'll try to upload some more game play on Youtube although I think they will block the music as well. But it does flow well with the game. This was one of the first batch and I bought the full package so I may have to update some videos and such but so far works great installs in no time.

#2874 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

If you are on FB join my page and you can see the game play video I did on it. Not the best but gives you an idea. I'll upload some more. Remember to answer the questions if you join the page https://www.facebook.com/groups/325032398412487/buy_sell_discussion

#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

The actual owners and buyers seem to be too busy enjoying their new mod.

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

The actual owners and buyers seem to be too busy enjoying their new mod.

yes! Creech is a harder pin as it is and now trying to watch the videos and play makes it even harder!

#2877 2 years ago

The scale of the dog in this graphic irks me. pinballsp maybe revisit this drawing?

4535997d6cdb69fd794776ba553522358d42465a (resized).jpg4535997d6cdb69fd794776ba553522358d42465a (resized).jpg

#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I made a few vids today and upload them on my youtube page (youtube upload turned 2 of them sideways on me) have a look here...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbi2EhnPXUzvgbD1PZHDfWw

of course I played like shit while making the vids. I played a few games with no camera and kicked butt! Go figure! Either way great mod I love it and since my hologram was blowing fuses and I've had it unplugged for ever, this is refreshing for me!

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This new mod looks great. It is great that Creature owners have a new option. I have the Mike D mod and will not be replacing it. I think it has just enough going on for the game play. The SD card crashes eventually but I just reformat it.

#2880 2 years ago

I have to admit, it took forever, and I didn't think he would ever finish, but the damn thing looks great! Thanks PhillyArcade for the video, I bet you helped sell a few more. I am seriously considering buying this now....

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I made a few vids today and upload them on my youtube page (youtube upload turned 2 of them sideways on me) have a look here...
of course I played like shit while making the vids. I played a few games with no camera and kicked butt! Go figure! Either way great mod I love it and since my hologram was blowing fuses and I've had it unplugged for ever, this is refreshing for me!

Thanks for posting your videos.

I suggest you update the firmware to the latest version. Those flickers with multiple videos when shooting the SLIDE, in the right hole, were corrected long ago. Now the FILM video, when shooting SLIDE, is triggered cleanly, without flickering or other videos that appear quickly (right ramp shot and others from FILM). This suggestion is applicable to all first batch users who will have this bug, fixed already in the current firmware version.

Update only the blue board firmware to fix that issue.
https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP/tree/master/firmware

Or you can wait a little longer because I am going to release version v1.2.1 shortly, which adds two more videos, the "Video Mode" and the "Creature & girl". In addition I will include some improvements in the firmware, faster boot time and trigger time of the video FILM (4 letters on) also faster.
ScreenHunter_006.jpgScreenHunter_006.jpg

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Thanks for the videos. Mod looks pretty good, but on the video where you show the DMD, it certainly emphasizes the limitations of using the lamp matrix as the event handler. Many times, the video didn't sync with what was going on in the game. Many instances that the car honks and there is a drive-in scene on the DMD aren't captured because presumably there was no lamp event associated with this mode. All in all, still an impressive achievement and gives those without functioning holograms an option. But room for improvement on the event handler.

#2883 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Thanks for the videos. Mod looks pretty good, but on the video where you show the DMD, it certainly emphasizes the limitations of using the lamp matrix as the event handler. Many times, the video didn't sync with what was going on in the game. Many instances that the car honks and there is a drive-in scene on the DMD aren't captured because presumably there was no lamp event associated with this mode. All in all, still an impressive achievement and gives those without functioning holograms an option. But room for improvement on the event handler.

I think his update will fix most of that. That's the beauty of it. It's out now so he can get feedback and tweak where needed. Mine was one of the first ones to ship from me pestering him so much But this thing has tons of room to grow that's the nice part!

#2884 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Thanks for posting your videos.
I suggest you update the firmware to the latest version. Those flickers with multiple videos when shooting the SLIDE, in the right hole, were corrected long ago. Now the FILM video, when shooting SLIDE, is triggered cleanly, without flickering or other videos that appear quickly (right ramp shot and others from FILM). This suggestion is applicable to all first batch users who will have this bug, fixed already in the current firmware version.
Update only the blue board firmware to fix that issue.
https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP/tree/master/firmware
Or you can wait a little longer because I am going to release version v1.2.1 shortly, which adds two more videos, the "Video Mode" and the "Creature & girl". In addition I will include some improvements in the firmware, faster boot time and trigger time of the video FILM (4 letters on) also faster.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the post! I might wait till the new firmware comes out and dump it all on there. This is great feedback in the field for you so keep on making it better and I'll keep posting and playing it! Such a great mod!

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I have to admit, it took forever, and I didn't think he would ever finish, but the damn thing looks great! Thanks PhillyArcade for the video, I bet you helped sell a few more. I am seriously considering buying this now....

I knew I should have taken stocks in this thing! It really brought new life to my creech. I fell in love with creech first time I played it. My hologram kept blowing fuses and I didn't want to dig into tracking it down and seeing what it was and then this project came along so I really forced myself not to fix it! Now my still green hologram can sit in a box in the bottom of the game forever!

#2886 2 years ago

Glad to hear people are enjoying this mod.

What's the cost in US dollars to get this?

How long did it take to receive it after ordering?

Thanks for any feedback.

#2887 2 years ago

Am I the only one that is keen to see the CREATURE GIRL video?

#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Thanks for any feedback.

Look at the first post of this thread, there is a summary of all the information.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

Payments must be made in Euro currency, you can make an estimate in other currencies by consulting here:
https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

However, currency exchange varies daily and Paypal also adds fees for payment and fees for currency exchange.

#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Thanks for any feedback.

Add up the kit, shipping and any options you want. Go to your paypal site and start the process to send funds to [email protected]. It will come up in Euros. Punch in your total and it will automatically convert the Euros to USD with the exchange at the moment.

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:

Add up the kit, shipping and any options you want. Go to your paypal site and start the process to send funds to [email protected]. It will come up in Euros. Punch in your total and it will automatically convert the Euros to USD with the exchange at the moment.

You don’t need any of the options. Buy the full kit and the shipping. I’m going to order it but I might wait till the two optional packages are ready or at least the girl found vid.

#2891 2 years ago

AH, so I'm not the only one interested in seeing this last video in its finished stage!

#2892 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The mod plugs into the switch connectors at the bottom of the CPU board, so is using the switch matrix inputs not the lamp outputs to drive the videos

#2893 2 years ago
Quoted from 113th:

AH, so I'm not the only one interested in seeing this last video in its finished stage!

Me too!

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The mod plugs into the switch connectors at the bottom of the CPU board, so is using the switch matrix inputs not the lamp outputs to drive the videos

Brett it also hooks into the MPU->Power ribbon cable so will be picking up the lamps as well.

#2895 2 years ago

I just ordered mine with instructions to ship after the last video was added.

#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Brett it also hooks into the MPU->Power ribbon cable so will be picking up the lamps as well.

LOL yep ... not sure how I missed that. Obviously this is how the mod is picking up on the different modes such as Move your car, Video mode and multiball as well as the Rescue, Jackpot and Super Jackpot achievements

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I sold my MikeD one to buy and install this.

#2898 2 years ago

Just paid him last night. I had 600 in points on my credit card so it made it cheap for me.

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Just paid him last night. I had 600 in points on my credit card so it made it cheap for me.

Very cool, post some more pics and vids! Seems like the haters have quieted down finally. I don't have a Creech but I do think this mod looks great.

#2900 2 years ago

Holomodsp, shipments of the third batch begin.

This next Monday I will start shipping the orders for the third batch. If someone wants to delay their shipment so that the firmware of their kit is already loaded with the two new videos, they must send an email to [email protected] indicating it, otherwise the shipment will be made on Monday and probably still with the version v1.2.0.

I will also send some replacement parts, specifically two screens that arrived broken due to impacts in transport, another screen for a user who broke it during installation, and a defective holomodsp board. I have changed the packaging for a more robust one with double thickness to avoid breakage.

Now we are finishing the last video of the Creature & Girl. We have already finished the animation of the Creature's head that opens and closes its mouth and moves the fins on the sides of its head, now a waterfall is being created that will appear in the cavern. There is not much left to finish, but I cannot confirm that this is for Monday.

With this video, the complete package of 24 videos is finished and the product is officially finished, unless a bug may appear.

Next we will start with the videos of the first optional extra pack of 6 videos. And the first video that we will do will be the one of SEARCH. This video will be triggered when entering Multiball and will show on the screen the status of the search for the Creature in the 3 holes, indicating which shots remain to be made to find the Creature. This video will remain as a screensaver in Multiball until the Creature is found or exits Multiball. I am also thinking of adding to the configuration file an option to be able to deactivate certain videos during the Multiball, so that everything is focused on the search for the Creature.

More things. I have created two TEST firmware to test the boards in case the product has a problem, they are available for download on the project's Github.
https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP/tree/master/TEST

This way it is possible to find out remotely what may be the cause of the problem. However, from my experience, most problems are due to bad contacts in cables or connectors, it is enough to re-seat them well and clean the contacts with isopropyl alcohol so that everything works correctly.

The Mini Screen project is also ongoing. I have had to make changes in the design because due to the problems of lack of stock of many electronic components, the processor that I was going to use initially is sold out in all suppliers. I have already requested material to test a new processor capable of playing video, and for now there is stock. Of this project, it only remains to finish a video and specify the final hardware. I think it may be ready by the time we are developing the SEARCH video for the Holomodsp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/58?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.