CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

OK well I began to put it in. Directions so far have been pretty good but I’ve run into a slight issue. I ordered the optional 12 V but the unit that was sent is not designed for a current.So for now I’ll disconnect any mods on the game that are using 12 V suggested in the directions. I’ll keep you updated as I go.

What is the problem with the external power supply?

It is universal 50-60Hz, 100 to 240v, it can be used in any country. If you mean the plug, it is not needed, in fact it has to be cut, as indicated in the installation manual, and use the two quick splicers.

https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP/tree/master/User%20Manual-%20instructions

Quoted from Skypilot:

Installation went pretty smooth. I need to address several things. First there is a lot of wires to the right of the cpu. The need to be cleaned up because the press on the new board. I have several things taking 12 v so some reorganization of that needs to happen. I turned on the game and got the start up videos but nothing happened during play. Further investigation required. I will follow up when i can get back into the shop. Sorry I have no more to show you at present

Regarding the triggering of the videos, check that the two connectors of the Holomodsp board have connected with all the pins of the pinball CPU connectors. If any pin remains unconnected (usually because it has been bent), if it is in the Columns of the switch matrix, none of the game video will work, only the two boot (logo and test). And if any pin unconnected in the Rows then the videos of that row will not be triggered, but others will. This is documented in the user manual.

It has happened to me at some time, of so many times that I have connected and disconnected the board, that sometime when connecting the board some pin of the CPU connector has been bent and it has not connected with the Holomodsp board, and the symptoms then are those, or no video is triggered or the videos of a row of switches does not work. Disconnect the board and inspect that all the pins of the two connectors of the CPU switch matrix are straight, if any are bent then it sure did not connect.

Neither will the product work if the connectors are displaced and there are unconnected pins, and those that have been connected are in the wrong position.

holo_matriz.jpgholo_matriz.jpg

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

What is the problem with the external power supply?
It is universal 50-60Hz, 100 to 240v, it can be used in any country. If you mean the plug, it is not needed, in fact it has to be cut, as indicated in the installation manual, and use the two quick splicers.
https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP/tree/master/User%20Manual-%20instructions

Regarding the triggering of the videos, check that the two connectors of the Holomodsp board have connected with all the pins of the pinball CPU connectors. If any pin remains unconnected (usually because it has been bent), if it is in the Columns of the switch matrix, none of the game video will work, only the two boot (logo and test). And if any pin unconnected in the Rows then the videos of that row will not be triggered, but others will. This is documented in the user manual.
It has happened to me at some time, of so many times that I have connected and disconnected the board, that sometime when connecting the board some pin of the CPU connector has been bent and it has not connected with the Holomodsp board, and the symptoms then are those, or no video is triggered or the videos of a row of switches does not work. Disconnect the board and inspect that all the pins of the two connectors of the CPU switch matrix are straight, if any are bent then it sure did not connect.
Neither will the product work if the connectors are displaced and there are unconnected pins, and those that have been connected are in the wrong position.

[quoted image]

I will look at it tomorrow hopefully. Great customer service BTW. Cheers all.

#2803 2 years ago

The Creature begins to walk, still tests, and these renderings at low resolution to deal mainly with color issues.

criatura_girl.jpgcriatura_girl.jpg

#2804 2 years ago

This is what happens when the Holomodsp board is not connected correctly to the pinball CPU. One or more pins in J206 or J208 can be BENT and not connect in the connector of the Holomodsp board, the product will NOT work or it will work incorrectly.

If there are unconnected pins on J206 (Columns, Playfield Switch Matrix), no game video will work. Only the two initial videos will be played with the PinballSP logo and a hardware test video, but no game videos will be triggered.

If there are unconnected pins on J208 (Rows, Playfield Switch Matrix), the game will boot, but there will be game videos that will not work.

So if any of this happens, no game video is triggered or some videos are not triggered, ALWAYS check the connection from the Holomodsp board to the pinball CPU. Disconnect the board and check the pins of the J206 and J208 connectors, SURELY there will be one or more pins that are BENT and have not connected to the Holomodsp board.

holo_pin_bad_004.jpgholo_pin_bad_004.jpg
holo_pin_bad_003.jpgholo_pin_bad_003.jpg
holo_pin_bad_001.jpgholo_pin_bad_001.jpgholo_pin_bad_002.jpgholo_pin_bad_002.jpg

#2805 2 years ago

OK so I had a chance to get back down on the game and I read through the instructions including the addendum. Probably should’ve read the addendum earlier but the 12 V issue is not an issue. Followed the instructions and everything went together well.One thing to note that you need to pay attention to the photo where you’re connecting the two clips you are connecting to both purple wires. Before I looked at the picture of my Assumption was one wire went to the purple and one went to the white.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2806 2 years ago

I went ahead and rechecked all my connections and they were good. I also removed the power supply as the addendum said you don’t want to put twthe power on that board twice.

#2807 2 years ago

Success

1CD80DE2-34EB-46B5-800F-39CF5AE40924 (resized).jpeg1CD80DE2-34EB-46B5-800F-39CF5AE40924 (resized).jpeg1FAB9A7E-702F-4B1C-B40E-933110D08EB9 (resized).jpeg1FAB9A7E-702F-4B1C-B40E-933110D08EB9 (resized).jpeg7D235ED0-B9D2-49CA-AB31-74C89E263858 (resized).jpeg7D235ED0-B9D2-49CA-AB31-74C89E263858 (resized).jpeg8262FFB0-DE2D-4EBC-9A2E-E833156C01A1 (resized).jpeg8262FFB0-DE2D-4EBC-9A2E-E833156C01A1 (resized).jpegA404FF23-CD7F-492B-84AF-491EEF07A21E (resized).jpegA404FF23-CD7F-492B-84AF-491EEF07A21E (resized).jpeg
#2808 2 years ago

I did learn that the game needs to be on for a good 20 to 30 seconds before the unit fires up. I also spent time making sure that all the wires between the CPU and the driver board were off to the side of the unit any wires behind the unit makes the connection more difficult.

#2809 2 years ago

Where's Russeldx?

Ahh... sitting in a corner,crying......

#2810 2 years ago

Congrats on the success of the install but can you play a BUNCH of games on it and give us a real unbiased opinion on how it works, any lag, do the videos seem to start and stop and get cut off in the middle or does it seem in sync with what's going on in the game? And later, when you get some time, polish that freakin playfield !!

#2811 2 years ago

Looks good! curious to know how the game play is with it?

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Where's Russeldx?
Ahh... sitting in a corner,crying......

Not at all, why would I cry over some shitty pinball mod?

Seen one dude install it and shown some pictures of a tv screen. Still not seen any proper game play videos or seen how reliable it is (might brick it self after a few machine power ups)

I am surprised the op actually shipped something though. Be interesting how much it’s actually supported in the future though once he moves not the next mod. Still think the guy is a hack.

Also like I said previously buyers like you don’t give a shit how corrupt the op is or where half the firmware is stolen from long as they get there bodged together pretty mod they don’t care. I don’t either just a sad world we live in these days.

And I’m amazed Rick from PPS did not crack down on this, why should pinballSP profit off WMS IP?

#2813 2 years ago

Ahh...ok not crying...

but still whining....

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Looks good! curious to know how the game play is with it?

Amateur video coming/

#2815 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Not at all, why would I cry over some shitty pinball mod?
Seen one dude install it and shown some pictures of a tv screen. Still not seen any proper game play videos or seen how reliable it is (might brick it self after a few machine power ups)
I am surprised the op actually shipped something though. Be interesting how much it’s actually supported in the future though once he moves not the next mod. Still think the guy is a hack.
Also like I said previously buyers like you don’t give a shit how corrupt the op is or where half the firmware is stolen from long as they get there bodged together pretty mod they don’t care. I don’t either just a sad world we live in these days.
And I’m amazed Rick from PPS did not crack down on this, why should pinballSP profit off WMS IP?

Wow, and I though I had a terrible attitude. The guy did it. It took a while but he did it with all of us saying he wouldn’t do it. Give the guy a pat on the back.

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Wow, and I though I had a terrible attitude. The guy did it. It took a while but he did it with all of us saying he wouldn’t do it. Give the guy a pat on the back.

I haven't got a terrible attitude, just prefer not to support people who steal others work and IP and sell it as there own.

#2818 2 years ago

Well done really appreciate the effort to get this out. Looks pretty good.

#2819 2 years ago

Thanks Skypilot for filming your install and demonstration. Looks good.

#2820 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I haven't got a terrible attitude, just prefer not to support people who steal others work and IP and sell it as there own.

What did he steal. He made a mod for a game like countless others have and it looks like he did a great job. It took home a while and yes we all gave home shit but he did it. I’m buying one for damn sure.

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What did he steal. He made a mod for a game like countless others have and it looks like he did a great job. It took home a while and yes we all gave home shit but he did it. I’m buying one for damn sure.

Don't you know that famous pin2dmd vs pinballsp story? Neverending story, only God knows where is the truth.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Amateur video coming

Thanks for the video! Looks fantastic!

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What did he steal?

1) First DMD hardware he creates runs stolen pin2dmd firmware (hardware was just copied from pin2dmd as well) ( lucky1 calls him out on this)
2) Second DMD he creates is now just stolen RGB.DMD firmware/hardware create by ecurtz (ecurtz is never credited for his work and pinballSP makes it out as his own)
3) The VideoSP 192x64 DMD controller board uses stolen pal chip code from lucky1

Almost everything he does has come from some other dev that he never credits so my money is on pretty much most of this project has been lifted from some other source as well apart from the videos which was done by another artist but pretty much breaches WMS IP so basically stolen as well.

There really ain't many mods pinballSP has released which has not got stolen IP in it.

But who cares it looks cool right so its all ok fuck all the real developers who wrote most of the original code and came up with the original ideas/concepts.

i'll keep 'whinging' about it as long as he releases his shit, as i know there are a *few* people out there who won't want to support someone like this.

#2824 2 years ago

Whatever. We all need a cause I guess.

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks for the video! Looks fantastic!

Thanks, I wish I had the energy to edit these things better but Id much rather go put some pinball machines back together.

#2826 2 years ago

Russdx I love what you have done for the pin community. But I thought you had drained this thread and moved on? You need to do that man...

#2827 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Russdx I love what you have done for the pin community. But I thought you had drained this thread and moved on? You need to do that man...

godfather Just when I thought (resized).jpggodfather Just when I thought (resized).jpg
#2828 2 years ago

Thanks Skypilot for the video you did really well a true professional Mod looks fantastic

#2829 2 years ago

Finally able to watch the video. It took a long long time, but looks pretty impressive!
Honestly, wasn’t sure it would ever see the light of day.

#2830 2 years ago

Skypilot, thank you for your excellent vid and review of pinballsp's mod. I've been following it since day 1, watched the effort that has been put into this mod, including the purchase of the machine to actually manufacture his own boards, the editing of the vids, etc. From there, I had no doubt this mod would eventually be completed and the day has finally come that these are done and installed in machines. Maybe not for everyone, but to me, it sure looks like it was worth the wait. Sure, they're not cheap, but compared to an almost $400 munchkin hut for WOZ, this is a bargain for what went into it.
I'm in
Pinballsp, congrats, you did a great job, thank you, you'll be hearing from me soon.

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Not sure I want to be part of a community who openly support thieves, This place really is turning into a sewer.

#2832 2 years ago

I agree with the IP issues here. I see a lot of businesses popping up with use of art that is not theirs. In this there is also a lot of art owned by Planetary Pinball. To create a business on this is wrong, just doing something for the community for fun should be ok but is already on the edge. We see bigger companies getting tougher to handle IP by the day. So I would like Pinball SP to get a licence to have this great product for all of you under official IP. Like Flyland and other great mod makers are doing.

#2833 2 years ago

Fuck you guys. I’m buying one before you crybabies get him put out of business

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What did he steal

If you won't do your own work, why do you challenge people who have, and already done the effort to cover it? You stroll in at the end uninformed and want it all rehashed for you.

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I haven't got a terrible attitude...

Ha ha ha, no one that has read all your whining on this thread believes you.

#2836 2 years ago

thanks for the effort, looks good on hardware side.
unfortunately there is again no real gameplay video and i begin to wonder if you missed it intentionally or is there something not working 100% as expected?
I have a suspicion that the OP told you that there might be something wrong on your side... but it's just as suspicion.

regarding the IP holder controversy:
All animations are intelectual property of the artist that created these. he used no videos from the original film or old animations done by others.
The fact that he has drawn a "creature" still remains his IP, although one could think not, because of a "creature" IP by Universal Studios (and not even minimal IP of Planetary Pinball).

Hardware projects from the OP still smell fishy as there's always minimal genuinity from his side and most is just "protection cirquits" to protect him from being outcalled that his stuff is stolen code and hardware from others. ridicolous

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from Raaalph:

thanks for the effort, looks good on hardware side.
unfortunately there is again no real gameplay video and i begin to wonder if you missed it intentionally or is there something not working 100% as expected?
I have a suspicion that the OP told you that there might be something wrong on your side... but it's just as suspicion.
regarding the IP holder controversy:
All animations are intelectual property of the artist that created these. he used no videos from the original film or old animations done by others.
The fact that he has drawn a "creature" still remains his IP, although one could think not, because of a "creature" IP by Universal Studios (and not even minimal IP of Planetary Pinball).
Hardware projects from the OP still smell fishy as there's always minimal genuinity from his side and most is just "protection cirquits" to protect him from being outcalled that his stuff is stolen code and hardware from others. ridicolous

I'm not a copyright lawyer but I don't think you can redraw something and sell it, the act of redrawing it doesn't give you rights to it... I don't think at least.The 4 snacker video's are a complete redraw of what's on the playfield... with that said being located in Spain I don't think pinballsp is at all worried about pps' reach.

#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm not a copyright lawyer but I don't think you can redraw something and sell it, the act of redrawing it doesn't give you rights to it... I don't think at least.The 4 snacker video's are a complete redraw of what's on the playfield... with that said being located in Spain I don't think pinballsp is at all worried about pps' reach.

There are standards to measure if the redrawn piece is substantionally similar, or if it has enough originality to be considered a new creative piece. The changes here are quite significant, but all of it really doesn't matter... because pinballsp doesn't care and has proven so in the past.

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Not sure I want to be part of a community who openly support thieves, This place really is turning into a sewer.

Get off the cross already. We need the wood for the fire!

#2840 2 years ago

The K-I-S-S animation still drives me crazy with the way it lights up the K every single time. The P-A-I-D animation doesn't seem to do this, so I'm curious why it wasn't repeated for K-I-S-S. Also, in the video there didn't seem to be an animation for the M when the SLIDE triggered. Is there a video for M or did it just not trigger?

I'm not a buyer, as the price is out of my range, and all those videos make it a lot too busy for me. Overall it looks good, so I'm sure it'll make a few Creech owners happy. Just not for me.

#2841 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

You've obviously not been in hobby very long. Most of the mods from 90s on have been non licensed IP. Haven't heard you moaning about all of them. Hell, Taito of Brasil blatantly ripped off most all of their games from Bally and WMS. Gottlieb stole WMS flipper design. Data East copied WMS electronics. WMS and Marilyn's likeness....Bally and eight balls the Fonz. You want to call pinside a cesspool, then you might as well step away from the hobby...its Rampant with IP violations. Always has been, always will be.

We get you have a beef with the OP. Whether deserved or not, that's between you two. But please step off your soap box and condemnation of the OP for some perceived IP violation. It's pure sour grapes.

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

You've obviously not been in hobby very long. Most of the mods from 90s on have been non licensed IP. Haven't heard you moaning about all of them. Hell, Taito of Brasil blatantly ripped off most all of their games from Bally and WMS. Gottlieb stole WMS flipper design. Data East copied WMS electronics. WMS and Marilyn's likeness....Bally and eight balls the Fonz. You want to call pinside a cesspool, then you might as well step away from the hobby...its Rampant with IP violations. Always has been, always will be.
We get you have a beef with the OP. Whether deserved or not, that's between you two. But please step off your soap box and condemnation of the OP for some perceived IP violation. It's pure sour grapes.

#2843 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

And there were tons of lawsuits and bad blood over much of that. Funny you left that part out…

#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

The K-I-S-S animation still drives me crazy with the way it lights up the K every single time. The P-A-I-D animation doesn't seem to do this, so I'm curious why it wasn't repeated for K-I-S-S.

There are individual switches for each of the PAID letters, so it very easy for the mod to display the correct letter however KISS works very differently. Typically a letter is advanced in KISS when the left subway is shot and while you can count how many left subways have been shot, there is an issue in that the KISS skill shot can award a varying number of letters at the start of a ball so the mod won't know what letter to start counting from. Also plunging a saved ball or to start multiball doesn't award a KISS letter - of course a mod could check the lamp matrix as to which lamps are on however this adds more complexity and potentially introduces a delay (lamps are an output from the CPU where as switches are an input and solely reading them avoids any delay).

#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And there were tons of lawsuits and bad blood over much of that. Funny you left that part out…

Not left out...doesn't have anything to do with the point I was making, so nice attempt at a red herring. The point was, whether you agree or not with the legalities, is that IP issues have been in this hobby since it was a hobby. So to call Pinside a cesspool and whine about leaving over this mod is disingenuous when it is everywhere and has been everywhere for a long time. Surely you recognize that his comment was due to a personal vendetta against the OP and not the righteousness of IP protection.

#2846 2 years ago

Congrats PinballSP for accomplishing the mod!

It is sad to see a gang of bullies trying to discourage you from creating such a nice new item for the pinball community!
Shouldn't the mods eject those persons from your thread, if their only purpose is to criticize and bad mouth you on the basis of some past disputes?

In any case, keep your head up and congrats again!

#2847 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

There are individual switches for each of the PAID letters, so it very easy for the mod to display the correct letter however KISS works very differently. Typically a letter is advanced in KISS when the left subway is shot and while you can count how many left subways have been shot, there is an issue in that the KISS skill shot can award a varying number of letters at the start of a ball so the mod won't know what letter to start counting from. Also plunging a saved ball or to start multiball doesn't award a KISS letter - of course a mod could check the lamp matrix as to which lamps are on however this adds more complexity and potentially introduces a delay (lamps are an output from the CPU where as switches are an input and solely reading them avoids any delay).

Ah, yes. I had forgotten that detail. Thank you.

What about the animation for M? Is there a slide animation or did I miss it?

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not left out...doesn't have anything to do with the point I was making, so nice attempt at a red herring. The point was, whether you agree or not with the legalities, is that IP issues have been in this hobby since it was a hobby.

And my comment points out that the behavior was NOT considered 'ok' and people did in fact stand up and fight it. Just like russdx was opposing the behavior. So true, Pinballsp is not the first, nor a standout in that regard, but russdx was not making any such claims... he was pointing out the dirty and hypocritical behavior -- which was also done (with legal force too) in your highlighted examples.

Quoted from robertmee:

So to call Pinside a cesspool and whine about leaving over this mod is disingenuous when it is everywhere and has been everywhere for a long time. Surely you recognize that his comment was due to a personal vendetta against the OP and not the righteousness of IP protection.

His comment wasn't really about IP protection - it was about the selfish nature of people who will morph to whatever is needed, leaving any morals or standards behind, as long as they get their toy. A behavior repeated time and time again in this hobby.. and not just about copyright.

People like pinballSP are even worse because he doesn't just ignore copyright, he actively lies about it to try to represent himself as innocent. People who make unlicensed reproductions/etc is one thing.. its often just a practical reality of the world.. but those that lie and deceive to achieve their endgame - That's scum. And when people willingly turn a blind eye to that just so they can get their goodies... yes, that does reflect negatively on that person.

#2849 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

The K-I-S-S animation still drives me crazy with the way it lights up the K every single time. The P-A-I-D animation doesn't seem to do this, so I'm curious why it wasn't repeated for K-I-S-S. Also, in the video there didn't seem to be an animation for the M when the SLIDE triggered. Is there a video for M or did it just not trigger?

Examples where they can't track game status accurately with the implementation. There was a ton more of these issues in skypilots video too.. but by now people are going to be happy with the limitations or not.

Your point highlights why the animation shouldn't have been done to highlight an individual letter... but he didn't realize it at the time.

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Congrats PinballSP for accomplishing the mod!

Thanks.

It is sad to see a gang of bullies trying to discourage you from creating such a nice new item for the pinball community!

Well, more than bullies, I would call them mentally ill. It is what in psychology is known as toxic people, there is a lot of information about it to know how to counteract them, although basically it is simply by ignoring them.

Shouldn't the mods eject those persons from your thread

That is something that science will study sometime. I have my own theories, but it is better not to move that issue because there is no possibility of being victorious.

if their only purpose is to criticize and bad mouth you on the basis of some past disputes?

The problem is not disputes, that is something natural between people, the problem is unhealthy attitudes based on envy, hatred, revenge, ignorance, lies, lack of culture, deception, manipulation and in general toxic attitudes.

In addition, some of these TROLLS have scammed (money), stolen (source code, ideas, and projects of others) as has already been demonstrated with evidences in this forum. There are also those who post here with fake accounts, because their original account was banned for scamming and creating fake accounts, here and in other forums (https://www.flippermarkt.de/). This gang of scoundrels can't teach anybody moral lessons.

In any case, keep your head up and congrats again!

No problem, I'm old enough for a bunch of bitter fools to affect me. That has not happened or will happen, no matter how hard they insist on repeating the same nonsense and LIES over and over again.

Thanks 

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/57?hl=carlo45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.