CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 62.
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

ROM v5 doesn't keep the Extra Ball LED on permanently. Check your settings.

Bryan Kelly had a problem recently with a game that had a OCD LED installed. Bulb was stuck on with it hooked up. Turned out that the diode was starting to go even though it read normal. Try replacing the diode for the lamp. Might fix the issue.

1 week later
#2602 3 years ago

Hmm, what do you do for an encore after you've come out with a mod you've been working on for 4 years and haven't had any installed yet, well,

#2603 3 years ago

fuck, whoever supports this clown is doomed.

Anyway, i appreciate he is getting all involved and wet with different ways to include screens as mods, even to making pop bumper caps.. but lets do a rundown on the product dev cycle of pinballsp

came out with some pinsound thing that basically intercepts signals and allows you to use MP3/WAV files. got everyone excited about ti and then posted up some PCB designs etc etc, then posted the finished prototypes, and bam, gets side tracked with DMD, or ST32version of it.
So the sound board gets shelved, since the dmd is taking front burner. Steve45 took this over and gave it life under tiltaudio, and its a cool project... THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY BUY.

pinballsp releases ST32, evolves, he makes MK66, then during the DMDmk66, lucky1 and steve45 pick this up, and find a way to load pin2dmd firmware on to it. then Luis promptly seeks out how to get an encrypted firmware onto the MK66. Then Steve45 manages to get Pin2dmd firmware on it by hijacking the bootloader.
All the while, pinballsp is floating around images of this software editor that he claims is like the photoshop of dmd animation.. but its a stand alone application that can't roll out anything to the dmd. SO YOU CAN CREATE ALL THE PAINTED KEYFRAMES AND SEQUENCES YOU WANT, JUST TO NEVER HAVE IT PUBLISHED TO A DMD. incredible!

And now he has this random 2nd screen thing that has completely random animations for ONE TITLE - CFTBL

oh and he also has LED screen pop bumper caps as well.. i'd really like to see how many hr mtbf it can take before lines appear all over the screens

and now accessory screens floating around the PF... which are probably 100 euros each... .

if anyone is really considering moving ahead with this vendor.. please proceed with caution.

#2604 3 years ago

Is this real??

#2605 3 years ago

pretty sure he will shift his priorities if there is enough interest.
its happened before..

and before that, too.

good eye, it looks completely edited on a static background.

#2606 3 years ago

Sorry it is a 50's drive in theme, not a 8K dolby atmos theme......we do not need more screens in Creature, even the one under the playfield is very doubtful. I understand that people want a replacemnet for a black out holo, but this does not need screens. It is not a sci-fi theme!

#2607 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Steve45 took this over and gave it life under tiltaudio

Quoted from trueno92:

Lucky1 and steve45 pick this up, and find a way to load pin2dmd firmware on to it.

To make things clear we (Steve and I) never took something over or picked something up, Luis came up with.

TiltAudio is initially based on the development of SMYP which he called Raspinsound and was continued by Steve.

DMDST32 is based on the schematics we published for PIN2DMD and a unauthorized copy, ignoring the license it was published under, of our firmware.
The only thing he did is create a custom PCB for it.

DMDMK66 is based on the concept, schematics and the source code of RGB.DMD from ecurtz.
To port PIN2DMD to Kinetis MK66 I used these schematics with a Teensy 3.6 and a shield pcb.
We later tested it on a board from Luis which again is only a custom pcb.

#2608 3 years ago

That video is a edit not using real hardware like mentioned above.

Has any one even received the first batch yet? will any one here even admit to given this guy any money?? I still really want to see if this thing even ships or behaves as intended.

#2609 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Has any one even received the first batch yet? will any one here even admit to given this guy any money?? I still really want to see if this thing even ships or behaves as intended.

I'm sure everything is fine and there's many happy customers based on the amount of victory laps people were doing on page 52.

#2610 3 years ago

I have not paid or bought one. I am wondering has anyone received the first batch yet that is paid in full?

#2611 3 years ago

All this effort, and all I really want is a new drop in hologram to replace the fading orange/yellow/blue one in my pin.

#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

All this effort, and all I really want is a new drop in hologram to replace the fading orange/yellow/blue one in my pin.

Just wait for 86pixel's kit... it will actually ship and be supported, and already uses the much liked MikeD content.

#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just wait for 86pixel's kit... it will actually ship and be supported, and already uses the much liked MikeD content.

Just picked up a CFTBL on Saturday.

While it has a working hologram, I'd love to have the MikeD content.

Any idea when this might be available?

#2614 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Just picked up a CFTBL on Saturday.
While it has a working hologram, I'd love to have the MikeD content.
Any idea when this might be available?

Jimmy posted a prototype a month ago - he already has the controller H/W and S/W (from his TZ backboard mod) that reads the addresses being sent to the audio board and has licensed MikeD's video content as well as intending to add more content to this. His initial version has the monitor based off the floor of the cabinet which reduces the weight on the PF and gives more the original view and look of the hologram. Due to some of the feedback I believe he may be looking at a screen mounted directly under the PF, which would maximise the full window view. As to the timing of the mod, if his last 2 mods are anything to go off it'll be in the next month or 2.

Here's a link to his post showing the initial concept https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/11#post-6049711

#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Pinball Dreams (Germany) created reproduction CFTBL holograms and has done a couple of separate runs previously. I purchased one and really like it. See it below in my Creech.

You could reach out to Henrik Maurer of Pinball Dreams and see if he has any extras or if he is going to do another run.

https://www.pinball-dreams.com/flipper-pinball-flipperautomaten-modding-shop/verschiedenes.html

Gord

#2616 3 years ago

Really hope this thing ships at some point I have now gotten on 2 lists and after that radio silence

1 week later
#2617 3 years ago

Any updates from any who ordered?

#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Pinball Dreams (Germany) created reproduction CFTBL holograms and has done a couple of separate runs previously. I purchased one and really like it. See it below in my Creech.

You could reach out to Henrik Maurer of Pinball Dreams and see if he has any extras or if he is going to do another run.
https://www.pinball-dreams.com/flipper-pinball-flipperautomaten-modding-shop/verschiedenes.html
Gord

What happened to the cardboard bezel around it that keeps everything dark down there?

#2619 3 years ago

I am supposedly on a list to get one.

#2621 3 years ago

Clearly he wants to be the next deeproot.

#2622 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Clearly he wants to be the next deeproot.

I read this very quickly and it initially registered as "doperoot." I was going to compliment you on your wordplay when I realized it didn't say that.

#2623 3 years ago

Nah, deeproot is in a class by itself. The shills are next level.

#2625 3 years ago

I’m just waiting to hear from someone that actually has a working version installed. Also, I remember getting added to a list several years ago. Lol

#2626 3 years ago

I doubt there even was a first batch.

#2627 3 years ago

With the amount of ppl frothing at the the mouth over this thing someone here must of sent cash! and have inside information
I think there is a first batch but no idea if its shipped or not or how complete it is.

#2628 3 years ago

You would’ve thought at least one person somewhere has a working version installed in a actual pin. Hello? Anyone? Lol

#2629 3 years ago

Mini Screen Kit for CREATURE

We already have the first three videos for the Mini Screen Kit, in addition to the screensaver that I showed in the previous video.

These animations will be done quickly, because they are not very complex, we have vectorized all the texts of the logos and the effects that have been created now will be reused in the other videos (arrows, background icons, turns, palpitations and some more to be developed) .

As I already indicated the Mini Screen kit, it ONLY works with the Holomodsp board, it is essential to have the Holomodsp hologram kit to be able to install it. The connection between Holomodps and MiniScreen is made with a 3-wire cable that supplies power and a serial port to trigger interactive videos according to the state of the original bulbs on the three posters of the playfield.
This will be the order to develop the 12 videos in this kit.

1.- Screensaver (done)
2.- Count up to Feature (done)
3.- Big Millions (done)
4.- Unlimited Millions (done)
5.- Creature Feature
6.- Movie Madness
7.- Rescue the Girl
8.- Jackpot
9.- Super Jackpot
10.- Multiball Restart
11.- XtraBall Countdown
12.- Video of special effects

Meanwhile we continue working on the design of the VIDEO MODE animation of the Holomodsp, the penultimate video in the list of 24 videos in the full package.

As for the screens to make the second batch of Holomodsp, the Chinese suppliers have already returned from their holidays, and everything is ready to order the necessary screens. As soon as I can, I will give a date for the second batch, about a two-week delivery time.

#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Mini Screen Kit for CREATURE
We already have the first three videos for the Mini Screen Kit, in addition to the screensaver that I showed in the previous video.
These animations will be done quickly, because they are not very complex, we have vectorized all the texts of the logos and the effects that have been created now will be reused in the other videos (arrows, background icons, turns, palpitations and some more to be developed) .
As I already indicated the Mini Screen kit, it ONLY works with the Holomodsp board, it is essential to have the Holomodsp hologram kit to be able to install it. The connection between Holomodps and MiniScreen is made with a 3-wire cable that supplies power and a serial port to trigger interactive videos according to the state of the original bulbs on the plastics of the game board.
This will be the order to develop the 12 videos in this kit.
1.- Screensaver (done)
2.- Count up to Feature (done)
3.- Big Millions (done)
4.- Unlimited Millions (done)
5.- Creature Feature
6.- Movie Madness
7.- Rescue the Girl
8.- Jackpot
9.- Super Jackpot
10.- Multiball Restart
11.- XtraBall Countdown
12.- Video of special effects
Meanwhile we continue working on the design of the VIDEO MODE animation of the Holomodsp, the penultimate video in the list of 24 videos in the full package.
As for the screens to make the second batch of Holomodsp, the Chinese suppliers have already returned from their holidays, and everything is ready to order the necessary screens. As soon as I can, I will give a date for the second batch, about a two-week delivery time.

Jeez try shipping the first product before you try selling another....

#2631 3 years ago

You are kidding right. Having a JPoop moment

#2632 3 years ago
AD9EA76A-1894-485B-87AB-6EABB470077E.gifAD9EA76A-1894-485B-87AB-6EABB470077E.gif
#2633 3 years ago

Who has one from the first batch? Did they have to sign a non-disclosure agreement?

#2634 3 years ago

A simple firmware update for DMDMK66?

OH WAIT? LAUNCH AND ABANDON...

#2635 3 years ago

I can't imagine how busy a Creech would look with an animated lagoon and 3 animated signs. It would be overkill on multiple levels.

The graphics look nice, but the yellow flashing/scrolling arrows are too much.

#2636 3 years ago

You know what we could realy use
Something else to add to the unfinished list!

#2637 3 years ago

Waiting for the creech pop bumper screen mod reveal which only works with the mini screen kit which only works with the original 4 year old creech holo mod.

#2638 3 years ago

I pop in here when I see a bunch of posts every week or two, only to find the same couple guys just complaining over and over.

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I pop in here when I see a bunch of posts every week or two, only to find the same couple guys just complaining over and over.

Well you sure ain't gonna find any real products!

#2641 3 years ago

I would just love to see a working product. Nothing more/nothing less. Would anyone in the entire pinball world show me video of an installed working product?

#2643 3 years ago

I see a fake pinside account and fake testimonials in our future..

1 week later
#2644 3 years ago

Any updates?

#2649 3 years ago

Holomodsp, 12 new videos for the FILM. The payment request for the first batch starts (between today and tomorrow).

The firmware is already programmed, tested and working with the 12 new videos that I have added. These are for the FILM trigger, three videos for each letter with cartoon scenes projected on the animation drive-in screen. Each of the scenes per letter is triggered randomly so that the scene projected in the Drive-in will be different each time the same FILM letter is triggered.

Everything is ready, between today and tomorrow I will be contacting the users of the order list of the first batch by email to make the payment. For the second batch it will be a few days later, about 7 days.

Delivery period for the first batch 2 weeks from the date of receipt of payment. Delivery time for the second batch between 2 and 3 weeks.

And we continue working to finish the last two videos of the FULL package, these are the VIDEO MODE and the 3D Creature. This last video has been changed, we are going to make it cartoon like the rest of the videos, and it will be of the Creature carrying the girl, we are preparing the story board.

While I finish the MiniScreen Kit, the designer will then continue with the videos of the extra packages, starting with Search and some for the ramps.

FILM_TRESP.jpgFILM_TRESP.jpg

#2650 3 years ago

Videos look good. Can you do a single end to end game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/53?hl=jodannar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.