CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 62.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Still no real game play videos, rolling a ball slowly around a pf is not how this mod will behave in a real game

Do you not consider the gameplay videos above "real", or do I misunderstand? Yes he grabs the ball with his hands sometimes, but that is just to keep progressing the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/51#post-6068270

#2552 3 years ago

Awesome to see it working - it really looks great, the screen placement is superb and the videos are brilliant. Well done!!

I do feel that a little more work needs to be done on the rules, for example when the film is lit it'd be better to stop showing the snacks, kisses, paid videos and focus on the film starting video (Test 001 at the 7:21 mark & Test 004 at the 7:24 mark). This is also important during multiball which should more focus on the rescue, jackpot and super jackpot videos rather than the snacks, kisses, paid switch hits - note in the gameplay tests, multiball was played with just 1 ball on the PF so normally there'd be a lot more switch hits occurring and the main multiball videos could get lost in the mix. Another area would be the kiss skill shot (Test 001 at the 15:16 mark) doesn't show anything regardless of how many KISS letters you get.

Don't get me wrong I think this is a fantastic effort but hoping that some of the rules/activations could be improved.

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Do you not consider the gameplay videos above "real", or do I misunderstand? Yes he grabs the ball with his hands sometimes, but that is just to keep progressing the game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/51#post-6068270

Nope not at all unless you play pinball by taking a shot then just cradling the ball for 10sec, Need to a see a video of someone actually playing the game making all sorts of shots in fast succession to see how the software queues / priorities the videos. 10-15sec is a long time on these WPC games and a lot can happen in that time.

This is my overview of the mod as it stands now (from what we have seen)
- Videos look fantastic (but unlicensed....)
- Screen position looks good
- Hardware waaay over complicated (the RPI it self can do everything needed, you don't need this massive extra micro controller total waste and just bumps the BOM and causes extra un-needed firmware work)
- Software, no idea as not really seen it do any thing yet but going on history i seriously doubt its any where near finished or polished.

Be interesting to see what it does when the first 20 guinea pigs install it

#2554 3 years ago

I see what you mean, but i actually think it resembles normal gameplay pretty well. Perhaps im just a really slow player myself

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

I see what you mean, but i actually think it resembles normal gameplay pretty well. Perhaps im just a really slow player myself

LOL, I wanna see jack danger playing it

#2556 3 years ago

The videos are the best part of this mod, I’m hoping compy does a good job on the videos.

#2557 3 years ago

2500 posts in this topic....1200 must be from russdx claiming its never gonna happen....how about a cup of good ol' STFU now?

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

2500 posts in this topic....1200 must be from russdx claiming its never gonna happen....how about a cup of good ol' STFU now?

Ah, but he claims he's not a troll. I started to compile all his trolling posts in response to his claim but gave up, there were sooooooo many. There's just certain dudes, you realize that's their schtick and they don't care if they stink up threads for everyone.

#2559 3 years ago

Does it work with the new rom code that Soren did that was recently released. My understanding is the MikeD mod does
Not work with the new code.

#2560 3 years ago

It ain’t happened yet!
He’s just taken peoples money!

#2561 3 years ago

It looks good. There are a few videos that seem out of place. The repetition of the videos is something I'll have to think about. For me it's too much, especially the snackbar ones. My OCD also bothers me seeing the K in KISS being highlighted even if I'm on the I or S or second S.

Kudos to the modder though. It looks like a nice package put together here.

#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Does it work with the new rom code that Soren did that was recently released. My understanding is the MikeD mod does
Not work with the new code.

Here is what pinballsp posted on FB regarding this:

When I posted the last video the product was already fully finished, tested and working on Rom L-4, the last one Bally / Williams made in the 90's. Unfortunately a new official Rom has been presented, and I had to work about the firmware to make it work. This new Rom, modifies the management of the lamp matrix, among other things, and it didn't work well with my firmware, for handling quite different signals from Rom L-4. As of today the modified firmware is already and supports both ROMs, L-4 and Rev 5.

#2563 3 years ago

Wow! Looks fantastic! Congrats!!

#2564 3 years ago

I would rather be grateful, all the criticism has certainly led to the fact that the mod has finally become qualitatively better. Do not forget that he wanted to release the mod exactly one year ago. If everyone had bought it then, he would not have put more effort into bugfixing or added more features...

So do not call russdx a troll but rather buy him a beer

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

It ain’t happened yet!
He’s just taken peoples money!

10977_7ca5eb06feca2d4d2029ef99de456a25 (resized).jpg10977_7ca5eb06feca2d4d2029ef99de456a25 (resized).jpg
#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I do feel that a little more work needs to be done on the rules, for example when the film is lit it'd be better to stop showing the snacks, kisses, paid videos and focus on the film starting video

Based on switch and lamp matrix info, it's really difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. In fact, need to simulate/copy the game logic in order to know what is the actual progress/mod.

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

[quoted image]

dude you could at least changed the laptop screen to pinside screen shot, come on (i hate FB)

#2568 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Based on switch and lamp matrix info, it's really difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. In fact, need to simulate/copy the game logic in order to know what is the actual progress/mod.

Yes totally agree. Just not sure if this is the finished solution or if we'll see some enhancements to the code.

#2569 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes totally agree. Just not sure if this is the finished solution or if we'll see some enhancements to the code.

people have been waiting years for colour update on the DMD, I think you will be waiting years for any update to this.

Quoted from locke987:

I would rather be grateful, all the criticism has certainly led to the fact that the mod has finally become qualitatively better. Do not forget that he wanted to release the mod exactly one year ago. If everyone had bought it then, he would not have put more effort into bugfixing or added more features...
So do not call russdx a troll but rather buy him a beer

All my suggestions was ignored. I work in a similar industry so none of them were crap either.

You have Compy to thank for this mod actually being pushed out the door. If it was not for him taking orders for his version this would of dragged on another year. Only downside is who know's what state its in. Hardware probably finished?? but software?? I think it will do the absolute bare minimum. Will be interesting to see what state its actually in once(if) people start receiving it. Some people just seam to have really low expectations around here so will probably be happy with it i guess?

#2570 3 years ago

Congrats! This looks fantastic, and we're very very happy to see a product roll out and meet the wants of so many pinheads . Our hat's off for what appears to be a tremendous engineering effort. If we can ever help, don't hesitate to reach out!

russdx Thank you so much for the kind words as always. Though to be clear we haven't taken orders for anything creech related at this point.

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Congrats! This looks fantastic, and we're very very happy to see a product roll out and meet the wants of so many pinheads . Our hat's off for what appears to be a tremendous engineering effort. If we can ever help, don't hesitate to reach out!
russdx Thank you so much for the kind words as always. Though to be clear we haven't taken orders for anything creech related at this point.

Indeed
As every one knows I have nothing but kind words of love and peace to share

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Nice response! so much better than those rustydix posts

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I’m not trolling, I just look at things with a realistic eye and point out big flaws in the project / developer and and this upsets people who like to live in happy magic rainbow land.
Interesting comment in compys thread about how he’s getting permission from PPS to make new creech videos. Does any one really think any of these nice pinbsllSP artist videos have permission from Rick at PPS.
Rich usually cracks down on Williams IP pretty fast wonder if he will shut this down?

The mod developer is not in the U.S. Good luck with an IP challenge overseas.

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

The mod developer is not in the U.S. Good luck with an IP challenge overseas.

Good to know you guys support IP theft, Gary stern was 100% right in his interview a lot of pinheads are thief’s. Not only does pinballSP steal Williams IP he steals it from other developers as well. It’s great you guys want to support someone like that. Compy is the complete opposite he credits and asks for permission and gives royalties for work he uses. This is the sort of developer I’d like to support.

Call me a troll and names all you want at least I have morals unlike so many of you.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Good to know you guys support IP theft, Gary stern was 100% right in his interview a lot of pinheads are thief’s. Not only does pinballSP steal Williams IP he steals it from other developers as well. It’s great you guys want to support someone like that. Compy is the complete opposite he credits and asks for permission and gives royalties for work he uses. This is the sort of developer I’d like to support.
Call me a troll and names all you want at least I have morals unlike so many of you.

I will call you an over-reactive troll, as that is what you are.

I made the comment. It was a comment that reflects the current state of IP protection in the world. I never said I would support or buy the product or any other product that was violating IP, but you went on the above rant.

Get laid. Take a Xanax. You aren't that damn important to be so self-righteous and the moral compass of this hobby or this discussion board.

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I will call you an over-reactive troll, as that is what you are.
I made the comment. It was a comment that reflects the current state of IP protection in the world. I never said I would support or buy the product or any other product that was violating IP, but you went on the above rant.
Get laid. Take a Xanax. You aren't that damn important to be so self-righteous and the moral compass of this hobby or this discussion board.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#2577 3 years ago

awesome to see this finally come to life. I gave up and sold my creech a while back. Nice work.

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I have zero belief you are taking a stand based on IP or morals given everything you've said on this thread and your constant trolling. These comments now are laughable, taking a moral highground a few weeks after you were encouraging everyone to steal the videos PinballSP paid to have designed.

If you weren't such a broken record repeating the same thing over and over for months on end in such a mean and spiteful way, people would have a lot more tolerance for your posts. Your negative voice is by far the most dominant voice in the conversation about this mod and it's just been too much and continues to be too much. Most CFTBL owners just want a cool mod and are hoping either Compy's or PinballSP's fits the bill.

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:I never said I would support or buy the product or any other product that was violating IP, but you went on the above rant.

You did before you turned on the mod....

Quoted from robotron911:

I'm not reading this for my health . Count me in on one as well.

The OPs hypocritical “the rules dont apply to me” position on IP and copyright laws has been known for years... but posters who don’t want to hear it cry “troll” verse facing the truth.

People say “broken record”... while they continue to turn a blind eye to what is being pointed out. I have no empathy for those that will eventually get burned by their selfishness.

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People say “broken record”... while they continue to turn a blind eye to what is being pointed out. I have no empathy for those that will eventually get burned by their selfishness.

This just isn't true. No one is turning a blind eye to what is being pointed out, they listened to the message the first 100 times and agreed with many of the points before they started getting annoyed with the messenger. There is a way to point out problems or caveats with a mod or modder where your audience doesn't turn on you and frankly it's not very hard. That dude declared he left the thread after annoying everyone, then popped back a few weeks later saying "Didn't you miss me, things are boring here without me," pretty much admitting he was back to stir things up. I don't get it, it just seems like being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk, rather than trying to be helpful and informative.

#2581 3 years ago

Im not going to call anyone anything as I dont fucking care. I understand this is a pinball group but you guys take this shit way to seriously. Its a mod for a 30 year old game for goodness sake and you guys are calling each other names and choosing sides. And who gives a rats ass what Gary Stern says. He would sell your mother to push his overprices pins. We are looking down the throat of a collapse and maybe the end of our economy and country and you are bitching about someone putting out a mod for a game. Buy it or dont.

1 week later
#2582 3 years ago

Would be interested if anyone who was in first batch will post anything here regarding their experience with it.

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Would be interested if anyone who was in first batch will post anything here regarding their experience with it.

Has anyone sent any money and/or received product?

#2584 3 years ago

I was emailed today about it,thats why I asked about anyone in first batch with any feedback

#2585 3 years ago

I would definitely wait until a successful installation report of someone who was in the first batch is out, until I would send him my money. The first batch could be fake news like his development progress in his LED display firmware, where 99% of 300 committed updates are nothing but a change in the README file https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/commits/master .

#2586 3 years ago

Here is a info I found on his facebook page (see first picture) he posted one week ago. First batch hasn´t been shipped although he told on the 7th of January (2nd picture) that it is already sold out. So I think anyone who got contacted this week is in the group of the first batch alpha users.

PinballSP (resized).jpegPinballSP (resized).jpegpinballSP2 (resized).jpegpinballSP2 (resized).jpeg

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I would definitely wait until a successful installation report of someone who was in the first batch is out, until I would send him my money. The first batch could be fake news like his development progress in his LED display firmware, where 99% of 300 committed updates are nothing but a change in the README file https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/commits/master .

why link to github when his stuff migrated to gitlab?

#2588 3 years ago

why link to github when his stuff migrated to gitlab?

It doesn´t matter. The same faked progress on gitlab. 265 commits and 99% with no code change. Only updates on the README file.
https://gitlab.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/-/commits/master

#2589 3 years ago

I got a PM requesting a email address yesterday. Maybe we will actually get this out. I want this but I want ok definitely be cautious about it. I do hope for the guys sake that he gets it out with no issues amd makes some money for his trouble. We have given home a lot of shit and we owe him a bit of an apology if/when he gets it done.

#2590 3 years ago

If be very iffy on this
I even posted a few questions on his yt channel and no replies.
Right now a lot of dmdmk66 owners are just hoping the firmware is hacked so pin2dmd can be installed on the hardware - its been 3 yrs since coloring has been on the table with the occasional tease of an editor screen shot... or worse, a shot of someone elses work made to look like it was done in the mk66 editor

#vaporware

#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Right now a lot of dmdmk66 owners are just hoping the firmware is hacked so pin2dmd can be installed on the hardware

hacking it in a way that users can just install pin2dmd as update is not so easy. the mk66 offers a hardware lock, that prohibits flashing the device and additional Luis uses a encrypted bootloader. the bootloader itself is open source, but not the keys.

the only way around is to use the hardware debugging interface that is still exposed on his boards, and reset the flash lock and by doing that erasing the whole device. requires a so called dap usb dongle (or a raspberry pi) and because of a tight timing in the reset sequence a few tries. after that procedure you can use the same debug interface to flash it. we did once as a poc., but it's not really easy to do for everybody.

#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

hacking it in a way that users can just install pin2dmd as update is not so easy. the mk66 offers a hardware lock, that prohibits flashing the device and additional Luis uses a encrypted bootloader. the bootloader itself is open source, but not the keys.
the only way around is to use the hardware debugging interface that is still exposed on his boards, and reset the flash lock and by doing that erasing the whole device. requires a so called dap usb dongle (or a raspberry pi) and because of a tight timing in the reset sequence a few tries. after that procedure you can use the same debug interface to flash it. we did once as a poc., but it's not really easy to do for everybody.

I posted a little info about this method here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/24#post-6102569

#2593 3 years ago

Gentlemen, thank you both.

There should be no backlash as luis admitted he no longer pays any attention these forums, thus user community.

To myself and i know others, the community is how all this is made and maintained.

Lets hope some success stories will follow your instrictions.

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

I see your debugger dongle on the right of the dmd display.

Did u have to create pins to connect to on the dmdmk66 pcb?

Head over to the dmdmk66 thread that lucky1 linked.

I will be collecting all the info in that thread so dmdmk66 owners can still have a support resource for their community.

#2595 3 years ago

The drive-in videos are now complete. We've created three videos for each FILM letter, with different cartoon scenes on the drive-in projection screen. So there are a total of 12 scenes that are triggered randomly with each letter of the FILM. From now on, music will no longer be added to the videos, only the special effects sounds, since mixing the music of the pinball with the music of the videos would not be good, and the videos made so far will also be modified to leave only the sounds of special effects.

This Thursday I receive a new screen to test it with the Kit, if everything goes well I will be able to manufacture the second batch and give the delivery date. There are two differences in this new screen, on the one hand the surface is mirror-like glossy and the luminosity is 400 cd / m2, in the model of the first batch the surface has an anti-reflective treatment and a luminosity of 300 cd / m2. The problem with the screens is that they are scarce, the delivery times are very high and the price has become more expensive between 70 and 120%, I suppose due to the pandemic.

We have already started to work on the next video that will be the VIDEO MODE. At the same time we want to work on the last video, which is Creature 3D, but this will depend on whether or not we model the girl in 3D, or it is decided to do everything with 2D animation.

I am preparing my pinball to make some more videos in play with the Rom REV5. I have made some improvements because I noticed since I bought it that it did not have much power in the flippers. I have changed the two flipper completely for two new ones and I have also modified the voltage of the transformer, from 230v to 215v, in order to get 8 volts more in the voltage of the coils, so the flipper now have more power and it is easier to shoot to the left ramp and center aisle to trigger Move Your Car, Extra Ball, and CREATURE videos that were barely seen in previous videos.

I also bought two video capturers since the cameras (I have a Nikon and a Lumix) when used to make videos are limited to 20 minutes. Now there will no longer be limits to make videos of the pinball in play continuously without these being cut every 20 minutes.

LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg
#2596 3 years ago

How close are we to colorizing roms and hardware upload? Or hardware upload with rom coloring applied?

#2597 3 years ago

Has anyone from the 1st batch received and installed the mod yet? I would really like to hear their experiences?

(And no, I'm not asking to start a flame war or anything - just curious)

#2598 3 years ago

This question may have already been addressed but does this mod only work in free play mode?

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

This question may have already been addressed but does this mod only work in free play mode?

It works in any mode, not just free play, and with any of the two Rom, L-4 and Rev5.

What I don't like about the Rom Rev5, is that at least on my machine it keeps the Extra ball lamp permanently on, although the rest works fine and Holomodsp works fine too. I think there are some other lamps that also stay on permanently, and it is not a problem with my machine because with the Rom L-4 all the lamps work well.

On the other hand, the Holomodsp second batch will be manufactured between the first and second week of March, which is when I will have screens. Now the Chinese are all on holidays for the celebration of the Chinese New Year from February 6 to 21.

While we continue working on the animation of the VIDEO MODE and Creature 3D videos, then we will start with the new videos of the two extra packs of 6 videos each to be created.

#2600 3 years ago

ROM v5 doesn't keep the Extra Ball LED on permanently. Check your settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/52?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.