Topic Stats

• 2,590 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 797 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinballSP2 (resized).jpeg
PinballSP (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).png
10977_7ca5eb06feca2d4d2029ef99de456a25 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_028.jpg
images (resized).jpg
C13E75CE-AFF3-4B5A-8D38-CE91F055014C (resized).jpeg
C2244D7B-FACC-4250-8CC5-7B6C6763633A (resized).jpeg
190C98E9-7FD7-4041-B999-5B85AEBB4FCF (resized).jpeg
0E03D19E-CE14-4F66-AAED-B8D715FE8DA5 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
2B238CF6-59EE-4EB8-8EE2-8B697499F5FD.gif
LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg
ScreenHunter_001.jpg
rampas.jpg
holo_013.jpg

There are 2590 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 52.
#2551 15 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

Still no real game play videos, rolling a ball slowly around a pf is not how this mod will behave in a real game

Do you not consider the gameplay videos above "real", or do I misunderstand? Yes he grabs the ball with his hands sometimes, but that is just to keep progressing the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/51#post-6068270

#2552 15 days ago

Awesome to see it working - it really looks great, the screen placement is superb and the videos are brilliant. Well done!!

I do feel that a little more work needs to be done on the rules, for example when the film is lit it'd be better to stop showing the snacks, kisses, paid videos and focus on the film starting video (Test 001 at the 7:21 mark & Test 004 at the 7:24 mark). This is also important during multiball which should more focus on the rescue, jackpot and super jackpot videos rather than the snacks, kisses, paid switch hits - note in the gameplay tests, multiball was played with just 1 ball on the PF so normally there'd be a lot more switch hits occurring and the main multiball videos could get lost in the mix. Another area would be the kiss skill shot (Test 001 at the 15:16 mark) doesn't show anything regardless of how many KISS letters you get.

Don't get me wrong I think this is a fantastic effort but hoping that some of the rules/activations could be improved.

#2553 15 days ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Do you not consider the gameplay videos above "real", or do I misunderstand? Yes he grabs the ball with his hands sometimes, but that is just to keep progressing the game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/51#post-6068270

Nope not at all unless you play pinball by taking a shot then just cradling the ball for 10sec, Need to a see a video of someone actually playing the game making all sorts of shots in fast succession to see how the software queues / priorities the videos. 10-15sec is a long time on these WPC games and a lot can happen in that time.

This is my overview of the mod as it stands now (from what we have seen)
- Videos look fantastic (but unlicensed....)
- Screen position looks good
- Hardware waaay over complicated (the RPI it self can do everything needed, you don't need this massive extra micro controller total waste and just bumps the BOM and causes extra un-needed firmware work)
- Software, no idea as not really seen it do any thing yet but going on history i seriously doubt its any where near finished or polished.

Be interesting to see what it does when the first 20 guinea pigs install it

#2554 15 days ago

I see what you mean, but i actually think it resembles normal gameplay pretty well. Perhaps im just a really slow player myself

#2555 15 days ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

I see what you mean, but i actually think it resembles normal gameplay pretty well. Perhaps im just a really slow player myself

LOL, I wanna see jack danger playing it

#2556 15 days ago

The videos are the best part of this mod, I’m hoping compy does a good job on the videos.

#2557 15 days ago

2500 posts in this topic....1200 must be from russdx claiming its never gonna happen....how about a cup of good ol' STFU now?

#2558 15 days ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

2500 posts in this topic....1200 must be from russdx claiming its never gonna happen....how about a cup of good ol' STFU now?

Ah, but he claims he's not a troll. I started to compile all his trolling posts in response to his claim but gave up, there were sooooooo many. There's just certain dudes, you realize that's their schtick and they don't care if they stink up threads for everyone.

#2559 15 days ago

Does it work with the new rom code that Soren did that was recently released. My understanding is the MikeD mod does
Not work with the new code.

#2560 15 days ago

It ain’t happened yet!
He’s just taken peoples money!

#2561 15 days ago

It looks good. There are a few videos that seem out of place. The repetition of the videos is something I'll have to think about. For me it's too much, especially the snackbar ones. My OCD also bothers me seeing the K in KISS being highlighted even if I'm on the I or S or second S.

Kudos to the modder though. It looks like a nice package put together here.

#2562 15 days ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Does it work with the new rom code that Soren did that was recently released. My understanding is the MikeD mod does
Not work with the new code.

Here is what pinballsp posted on FB regarding this:

When I posted the last video the product was already fully finished, tested and working on Rom L-4, the last one Bally / Williams made in the 90's. Unfortunately a new official Rom has been presented, and I had to work about the firmware to make it work. This new Rom, modifies the management of the lamp matrix, among other things, and it didn't work well with my firmware, for handling quite different signals from Rom L-4. As of today the modified firmware is already and supports both ROMs, L-4 and Rev 5.

#2563 14 days ago

Wow! Looks fantastic! Congrats!!

#2564 14 days ago

I would rather be grateful, all the criticism has certainly led to the fact that the mod has finally become qualitatively better. Do not forget that he wanted to release the mod exactly one year ago. If everyone had bought it then, he would not have put more effort into bugfixing or added more features...

So do not call russdx a troll but rather buy him a beer

#2565 14 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

It ain’t happened yet!
He’s just taken peoples money!

10977_7ca5eb06feca2d4d2029ef99de456a25 (resized).jpg
#2566 14 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I do feel that a little more work needs to be done on the rules, for example when the film is lit it'd be better to stop showing the snacks, kisses, paid videos and focus on the film starting video

Based on switch and lamp matrix info, it's really difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. In fact, need to simulate/copy the game logic in order to know what is the actual progress/mod.

#2567 14 days ago
Quoted from tezting:

[quoted image]

dude you could at least changed the laptop screen to pinside screen shot, come on (i hate FB)

#2568 14 days ago
Quoted from Davi:

Based on switch and lamp matrix info, it's really difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. In fact, need to simulate/copy the game logic in order to know what is the actual progress/mod.

Yes totally agree. Just not sure if this is the finished solution or if we'll see some enhancements to the code.

#2569 14 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes totally agree. Just not sure if this is the finished solution or if we'll see some enhancements to the code.

people have been waiting years for colour update on the DMD, I think you will be waiting years for any update to this.

Quoted from locke987:

I would rather be grateful, all the criticism has certainly led to the fact that the mod has finally become qualitatively better. Do not forget that he wanted to release the mod exactly one year ago. If everyone had bought it then, he would not have put more effort into bugfixing or added more features...
So do not call russdx a troll but rather buy him a beer

All my suggestions was ignored. I work in a similar industry so none of them were crap either.

You have compy to thank for this mod actually being pushed out the door. If it was not for him taking orders for his version this would of dragged on another year. Only downside is who know's what state its in. Hardware probably finished?? but software?? I think it will do the absolute bare minimum. Will be interesting to see what state its actually in once(if) people start receiving it. Some people just seam to have really low expectations around here so will probably be happy with it i guess?

#2570 14 days ago

Congrats! This looks fantastic, and we're very very happy to see a product roll out and meet the wants of so many pinheads . Our hat's off for what appears to be a tremendous engineering effort. If we can ever help, don't hesitate to reach out!

russdx Thank you so much for the kind words as always. Though to be clear we haven't taken orders for anything creech related at this point.

#2571 14 days ago
Quoted from Compy:

Congrats! This looks fantastic, and we're very very happy to see a product roll out and meet the wants of so many pinheads . Our hat's off for what appears to be a tremendous engineering effort. If we can ever help, don't hesitate to reach out!
russdx Thank you so much for the kind words as always. Though to be clear we haven't taken orders for anything creech related at this point.

Indeed
As every one knows I have nothing but kind words of love and peace to share

#2572 13 days ago
Quoted from Compy:

Nice response! so much better than those rustydix posts

#2573 13 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

I’m not trolling, I just look at things with a realistic eye and point out big flaws in the project / developer and and this upsets people who like to live in happy magic rainbow land.
Interesting comment in compys thread about how he’s getting permission from PPS to make new creech videos. Does any one really think any of these nice pinbsllSP artist videos have permission from Rick at PPS.
Rich usually cracks down on Williams IP pretty fast wonder if he will shut this down?

The mod developer is not in the U.S. Good luck with an IP challenge overseas.

#2574 13 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

The mod developer is not in the U.S. Good luck with an IP challenge overseas.

Good to know you guys support IP theft, Gary stern was 100% right in his interview a lot of pinheads are thief’s. Not only does pinballSP steal Williams IP he steals it from other developers as well. It’s great you guys want to support someone like that. Compy is the complete opposite he credits and asks for permission and gives royalties for work he uses. This is the sort of developer I’d like to support.

Call me a troll and names all you want at least I have morals unlike so many of you.

#2575 13 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

Good to know you guys support IP theft, Gary stern was 100% right in his interview a lot of pinheads are thief’s. Not only does pinballSP steal Williams IP he steals it from other developers as well. It’s great you guys want to support someone like that. Compy is the complete opposite he credits and asks for permission and gives royalties for work he uses. This is the sort of developer I’d like to support.
Call me a troll and names all you want at least I have morals unlike so many of you.

I will call you an over-reactive troll, as that is what you are.

I made the comment. It was a comment that reflects the current state of IP protection in the world. I never said I would support or buy the product or any other product that was violating IP, but you went on the above rant.

Get laid. Take a Xanax. You aren't that damn important to be so self-righteous and the moral compass of this hobby or this discussion board.

#2576 13 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I will call you an over-reactive troll, as that is what you are.
I made the comment. It was a comment that reflects the current state of IP protection in the world. I never said I would support or buy the product or any other product that was violating IP, but you went on the above rant.
Get laid. Take a Xanax. You aren't that damn important to be so self-righteous and the moral compass of this hobby or this discussion board.

Untitled (resized).png
#2577 13 days ago

awesome to see this finally come to life. I gave up and sold my creech a while back. Nice work.

#2578 13 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

I have zero belief you are taking a stand based on IP or morals given everything you've said on this thread and your constant trolling. These comments now are laughable, taking a moral highground a few weeks after you were encouraging everyone to steal the videos PinballSP paid to have designed.

If you weren't such a broken record repeating the same thing over and over for months on end in such a mean and spiteful way, people would have a lot more tolerance for your posts. Your negative voice is by far the most dominant voice in the conversation about this mod and it's just been too much and continues to be too much. Most CFTBL owners just want a cool mod and are hoping either Compy's or PinballSP's fits the bill.

#2579 12 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:I never said I would support or buy the product or any other product that was violating IP, but you went on the above rant.

You did before you turned on the mod....

Quoted from robotron911:

I'm not reading this for my health . Count me in on one as well.

The OPs hypocritical “the rules dont apply to me” position on IP and copyright laws has been known for years... but posters who don’t want to hear it cry “troll” verse facing the truth.

People say “broken record”... while they continue to turn a blind eye to what is being pointed out. I have no empathy for those that will eventually get burned by their selfishness.

#2580 12 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People say “broken record”... while they continue to turn a blind eye to what is being pointed out. I have no empathy for those that will eventually get burned by their selfishness.

This just isn't true. No one is turning a blind eye to what is being pointed out, they listened to the message the first 100 times and agreed with many of the points before they started getting annoyed with the messenger. There is a way to point out problems or caveats with a mod or modder where your audience doesn't turn on you and frankly it's not very hard. That dude declared he left the thread after annoying everyone, then popped back a few weeks later saying "Didn't you miss me, things are boring here without me," pretty much admitting he was back to stir things up. I don't get it, it just seems like being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk, rather than trying to be helpful and informative.

#2581 12 days ago

Im not going to call anyone anything as I dont fucking care. I understand this is a pinball group but you guys take this shit way to seriously. Its a mod for a 30 year old game for goodness sake and you guys are calling each other names and choosing sides. And who gives a rats ass what Gary Stern says. He would sell your mother to push his overprices pins. We are looking down the throat of a collapse and maybe the end of our economy and country and you are bitching about someone putting out a mod for a game. Buy it or dont.

1 week later
#2582 4 days ago

Would be interested if anyone who was in first batch will post anything here regarding their experience with it.

#2583 4 days ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Would be interested if anyone who was in first batch will post anything here regarding their experience with it.

Has anyone sent any money and/or received product?

#2584 3 days ago

I was emailed today about it,thats why I asked about anyone in first batch with any feedback

#2585 3 days ago

I would definitely wait until a successful installation report of someone who was in the first batch is out, until I would send him my money. The first batch could be fake news like his development progress in his LED display firmware, where 99% of 300 committed updates are nothing but a change in the README file https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/commits/master .

#2586 3 days ago

Here is a info I found on his facebook page (see first picture) he posted one week ago. First batch hasn´t been shipped although he told on the 7th of January (2nd picture) that it is already sold out. So I think anyone who got contacted this week is in the group of the first batch alpha users.

PinballSP (resized).jpegpinballSP2 (resized).jpeg

#2587 3 days ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I would definitely wait until a successful installation report of someone who was in the first batch is out, until I would send him my money. The first batch could be fake news like his development progress in his LED display firmware, where 99% of 300 committed updates are nothing but a change in the README file https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/commits/master .

why link to github when his stuff migrated to gitlab?

#2588 3 days ago

why link to github when his stuff migrated to gitlab?

It doesn´t matter. The same faked progress on gitlab. 265 commits and 99% with no code change. Only updates on the README file.
https://gitlab.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/-/commits/master

#2589 3 days ago

I got a PM requesting a email address yesterday. Maybe we will actually get this out. I want this but I want ok definitely be cautious about it. I do hope for the guys sake that he gets it out with no issues amd makes some money for his trouble. We have given home a lot of shit and we owe him a bit of an apology if/when he gets it done.

#2590 1 day ago

If be very iffy on this
I even posted a few questions on his yt channel and no replies.
Right now a lot of dmdmk66 owners are just hoping the firmware is hacked so pin2dmd can be installed on the hardware - its been 3 yrs since coloring has been on the table with the occasional tease of an editor screen shot... or worse, a shot of someone elses work made to look like it was done in the mk66 editor

#vaporware

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 2590 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 52.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside