CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 62.
#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I have a feeling there will be other options available shortly.

I feel like these videos create a major update to the game. Even if another product comes to market faster, I can't see it being as cool or sought after.

#2452 3 years ago

The issue still is that no one has actually seen this work in the game. And even if it does, the creator has a checkered history with support for his products.

#2453 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I feel like these videos create a major update to the game. Even if another product comes to market faster, I can't see it being as cool or sought after.

Why not ? There’s a comparable product which exists - right now - and does exactly what this is purported to do: play a custom video at specific times during a game. I have one in my TZ. It’s already been beat to market.

#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Why not ? There’s a comparable product which exists - right now - and does exactly what this is purported to do: play a custom video at specific times during a game. I have one in my TZ. It’s already been beat to market.

What product is that please

#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

What product is that please

Can’t find the thread but I’m talking about the Compy screen

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

That is the problem,I want his videos. As cool as the TZ mod is, the vids are nowhere near as cool as the ones for this unobtainable Creech mod.

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

The issue still is that no one has actually seen this work in the game. And even if it does, the creator has a checkered history with support for his products.

We know all this, it's been stated many times in this thread. But if I'm going to shell out $400-$500 for a Creech video mod, I'm still going to wait patiently until the one with the artist commissioned videos that appear under the playfield comes out. We can all wait 6 months and compare which is cooler to buy.

#2459 3 years ago

Is a shame pinballSP does not play well with others as his commissioned videos combined with compys hardware would probably be the best of both worlds and the best mod for the end consumer. But sadly people will have to buy one or the other or both and just combine them there self.

#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

We can all wait 6 months and compare which is cooler to buy.

6 months from when?

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

6 months from when?

The next ice age.

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Is a shame pinballSP does not play well with others

he could just sell the videos only as a separate package. would also work nicely with TILTAUDIO which is using sound triggers

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

he could just sell the videos only as a separate package. would also work nicely with TILTAUDIO which is using sound triggers

In a perfect world yes but he won’t as he will force buyers to use his hardware sadly those vids are the only good thing about this mod and is what is keeping people aboard the project.

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

In a perfect world yes but he won’t as he will force buyers to use his hardware sadly those vids are the only good thing about this mod and is what is keeping people aboard the project.

ITYM force users to continue to wait for his hardware.

—Donnie

#2465 3 years ago

I have given up. I don’t think this mod will ever happen.

#2466 3 years ago

Is anybody following his facebook page? Has there been any updates?

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is anybody following his facebook page? Has there been any updates?

Something about breaking his computer and had to order parts to fix it.

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Something about breaking his computer and had to order parts to fix it.

#2469 3 years ago

This video actually doesn't look bad:

But I would like to see it being played in a natural state, not him controlling the ball at a snails pace.....

#2470 3 years ago

He's updating his Facebook every week or two with progress, so he is working on it. From December 27:

Holomodsp, Hologram kit.

We're already working on the Drive-In video, vectoring vehicles and preparing the story board.

I was playing the machine with the Rom Rev 5, and it hasn't given me any problems.

Shot a couple videos of the product at stake but couldn't edit them. The problem is that I changed the fan of the computer fridge and broke the lashes that hold it, now it doesn't comply and the processor overheats in seconds, blocking the computer if I launch Premiere export. Already ordered a new Cooler Master that I will receive tomorrow, will ride it with two fans, the serial plus a Noctua I have here.

While also taking advantage to set up the flippers with a recontruction kit and checked the tilt of the board with a digital tilt I received today from Amazon. I thought the table was too inclined, but no, the inclination is 6. degrees, within the standard of 6.5 to 7 recommended degrees.

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

This video actually doesn't look bad:
But I would like to see it being played in a natural state, not him controlling the ball at a snails pace.....

From the video, it looks like all the triggering is working well. I guess what I wonder is how the transitions will be if you hit one triggered video a few seconds into the last one, does it immediately cut to the latest triggered video or is there any lag?

#2472 3 years ago

It does look good

#2473 3 years ago

I have been waiting for a mod like this one.. it looks really good.

#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

From the video, it looks like all the triggering is working well. I guess what I wonder is how the transitions will be if you hit one triggered video a few seconds into the last one, does it immediately cut to the latest triggered video or is there any lag?

I recall PinballSP saying that there would be a minimum play time of a video (eg 2-3 secs) to avoid the multiple hits in quick succession and he also has a priority system where by higher priority clips will be shown over lower priority ones. So looking forward to seeing true gameplay videos of it in action

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The problem is that I changed the fan of the computer fridge and broke the lashes that hold it, now it doesn't comply and the processor overheats in seconds, blocking the computer if I launch Premiere export. Already ordered a new Cooler Master that I will receive tomorrow, will ride it with two fans, the serial plus a Noctua I have here.
While also taking advantage to set up the flippers with a recontruction kit and checked the tilt of the board with a digital tilt I received today from Amazon. I thought the table was too inclined, but no, the inclination is 6. degrees, within the standard of 6.5 to 7 recommended degrees.

Good god. Every project multiplies for this poor guy. I'm glad he's not my wife.

#2476 3 years ago

The graphic artist did a good job. But if you watch the video you will see the videos with his mod are out of sync with what is showing on the DMD several times also with the audio call outs. Still the issue of the length/speed of the video.

In a vacuum, it looks awesome. But what we see is hardly a gameplay environment. He technically does have it working in a machine, which many of us never thought would happen.

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

The graphic artist did a good job. But if you watch the video you will see the videos with his mod are out of sync with what is showing on the DMD several times also with the audio call outs. Still the issue of the length/speed of the video.
In a vacuum, it looks awesome. But what we see is hardly a gameplay environment. He technically does have it working in a machine, which many of us never thought would happen.

I’m sure in another two years he will get that all worked out.

#2478 3 years ago

That seems pretty easy to fix/optimize.

#2479 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I wouldn't be to sure of that. LOL

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Isn't he past two years since he promised to finish the firmware for his DMD customers?

--Donnie

#2481 3 years ago

Dang man... I haven’t been in this topic for 8 months was hoping to find the holo mod is shipping... just finishing my creature restore! I’d be lying if I didn’t say I am bummed this mod isn’t done yet, but I’ll keep up Hope . Been anxiously waiting for what’s seems like a decade

#2482 3 years ago

Here is your chance to actually own this mod
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/11

If you want pinballSP videos just go download them off youtube. pinballSP has stolen so much IP with his mods i think its only fair hes gives something back.

Happy New Year

#2483 3 years ago

This thread can probably shut down now. Upgraded version of the mike d mod will be available again.

#2484 3 years ago

I vote for shutting down this thread, wasted enough bandwidth and time on this thread!

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I vote for shutting down this thread, wasted enough bandwidth and time on this thread!

Censorship is always a bad choice. You have the ability to drain the thread if it personally offends you. But there is no reason to close this thread. It will die of natural attrition if there is no interest

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I think we need to wait until at least the 4 year mark in mid February before shutting it down!!!

#2487 3 years ago

Never shut this thread down, this thread and the DMD one are great examples of what a waste of time pinballSP is, Just full of broken promises and lies.

#2488 3 years ago

I really wanted this guy to get this out. He came out of the gate so strong and the vids are really good. But I don’t want a product that isn’t supported if it doesn’t work well.

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

This thread can probably shut down now. Upgraded version of the mike d mod will be available again.

Link?

#2490 3 years ago

Compy posted teaser info including his new bracket and said they had licensed miked content. Just look in the twightzone mod thread

Looks like it will be fully announced in the coming week or two

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display/page/11#post-6049711

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I really wanted this guy to get this out. He came out of the gate so strong and the vids are really good. But I don’t want a product that isn’t supported if it doesn’t work well.

This was my concern as well, but the biggest concern for me was the cost. Wasn't this version of the mod with all the videos pushing $500+?

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This was my concern as well, but the biggest concern for me was the cost. Wasn't this version of the mod with all the videos pushing $500+?

That is what we paid for the TZ mod or pretty close.

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That is what we paid for the TZ mod or pretty close.

TZ mod is about $370, which includes the LCD screen and a specially cut backboard. This kit would need brackets, which I have to imagine would be a fairly minimal cost.

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

TZ mod is about $370, which includes the LCD screen and a specially cut backboard. This kit would need brackets, which I have to imagine would be a fairly minimal cost.

I was thinking I paid around 450 shipped. Oh well, it was worth it.

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Plus shipping, and plus if you got the specially crafted backboard with the stars (I have not done this), you'd be about right on -

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Plus shipping, and plus if you got the specially crafted backboard with the stars (I have not done this), you'd be about right on -

I just installed mine today and it cost 426 with shipping and the star backboard.

#2497 3 years ago

Costs stolen from a post earlier in this thread.

BASIC, 5 videos, 439.42 USD
HALF, 10 videos, 532.80 USD
FULL, 24 videos, 595.09 USD

My guess is the 86 pixel mod is under $400USD.

What was the original cost of the MikeD mod?

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

BASIC, 5 videos, 439.42 USD
HALF, 10 videos, 532.80 USD
FULL, 24 videos, 595.09 USD
My guess is the 86 pixel mod is under $400USD.

That was before China doubled half the components price, my guess is final mod would of been far more expensive but the OP might slash the price to try and be competitive. Then again it will never be finished so never will be a final price.

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I believe the price seven years ago was ~$370 (Insignia NS-19E310A13 TV not included, that was another ~$100)

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I believe the price seven years ago was ~$370 (Insignia NS-19E310A13 TV not included, that was another ~$100)

I believe you are correct I got my screen on sale so the whole setup was around mid 400.00 when done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 24.00
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.