Topic Stats

• 1,809 posts
  • 254 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by pinballsp
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 648 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

holo_components_004.jpg
holo_components_003.jpg
holo_components_002.jpg
holo_components_001.jpg
HOLO_003.jpg
HOLO_002.jpg
HOLO_001.jpg
lista_videos.jpg
HOLO_board.jpg
jackpot_003.jpg
photo_2020-03-03_13-28-37.jpg
jackpot_001.jpg
photo_2020-03-03_13-28-23.jpg
jackpot_005.jpg
jackpot_004.jpg
jackpot_001.jpg

There are 1809 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 37.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I plan on getting one John so you're welcome to come over and check it out

Its a bit soggy and windy in Queensland at the moment, better pack an umbrella, coat and gumboots.

Don't forget the insect repellent as the crocodiles and snakes are a bit frisky due to Cyclone Debbie

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

One other thing to consider is Herg's LED OCD or GI OCD mounts on that exact same bracket. You need to make the install versatile as there are many other mods that might get in the way of the "ideal" install location.

That's probably not an issue, or at least not for a long time. LED OCD goes in the lower right, so that's not the same location. GI OCD would go where pinballsp is talking about, but GI OCD does not work properly with the ramp chase lights in CFTBL. At one point, Bill Ung had started doing some work on a new chase lamp board, but I think that project is stalled.

In summary, there won't be GI OCD installed in CFTBL (or at least not many) any time in the near future.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

Don't forget the insect repellent as the crocodiles and snakes are a bit frisky due to Cyclone Debbie.

Does insect repellent really ward off crocodiles and snakes? That must be some really good insect repellent!

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Does insect repellent really ward off crocodiles and snakes? That must be some really good insect repellent!

Insect repellent with a side of 2 barrel shotgun does the trick

#205 2 years ago

Testing already prototype with a real WPC89 CPU, in my working table. Final product probably will not connect directly to CPU, but will place in left lateral of pinball head, so then will need add a second flat cable from HoloMod board to CPU with a second small board adapter.

And probably the Output capture adapter, will need add some buffer chips to avoid alterations in the data bus signals of the CPU.

Also final version will add one or two outputs, to control APA102 digital Leds (single or strips), several hundred or thousands by each output. And I will check if may add some circuit to mix sound of mod with pinball sound.

So this mod will may capture following input/outputs to trigger videos or Led visual effects:
1.- Status of all matrix inputs, 8x8, up to 64 playfield switches
2.- Status of all matrix lampl, 8x8, up to 64 underplafield inser lamps
3.- Status of all direct power outputs, 32 power outputs to bumpers, flashers, motors, etc...

Config file and videos stores in USB pendrive connected to Raspberry Pi3 board. In future firmware update, will allow config and upload videos wireles from cell phone by WIFI or Bluetooth (probably WIFI, because its faster)

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
005.jpg
004.jpg

#206 2 years ago

This has 2.0, or potential for, written all over it.

#207 2 years ago

Can you give us the dimensions for the videos? I would like to get working on some.

#208 2 years ago

I'd reckon 1920X1080... well, I guess technically 1080X1920 since it's a vertical setup, and then rotate 90 degrees and render out at 1920X1080.

#209 2 years ago

The TFT display is a 13.3" 1920*1080 8 Bit Display Screen IPS 1080P. And videos will be in that resolution with TFT in vertical position, so like GorillaBiscuits say, 1080*1920 pixel.

But I still have to check, what size should be the video, to fill the entire hole of the playfield. Maybe filling the entire screen, the image exceeds the hole in the playfield and does not look complete, I do not know yet, this will test a friend in his Creature.

#210 2 years ago

Would people be willing to share their videos? I'm pretty sure I will stuck using what comes on the mod or what people share

#211 2 years ago

Hopefully someone will video the actual creature hologram so I can have an exact replica of the original in my machine.
My hologram is almost black and I can see that the chances of getting an original replacement is very unlikely.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from Toxteth:

Hopefully someone will video the actual creature hologram so I can have an exact replica of the original in my machine.
My hologram is almost black and I can see that the chances of getting an original replacement is very unlikely.

Pinball Dreams make them. From what I've heard, they're practically perfect.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pinball Dreams make them. From what I've heard, they're practically perfect.

The ones from pinball dreams are great. I have one. I'm not sure they still have them and I would bet they don't make more because people bitched that it wasn't exactly like the original. It's far better in my opinion.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The ones from pinball dreams are great. I have one. I'm not sure they still have them and I would bet they don't make more because people bitched that it wasn't exactly like the original. It's far better in my opinion.

I agree that the reproduction CFTBL holograms made by PD are of excellent quality and true to the original.

Gord

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I agree that the reproduction CFTBL holograms made by PD are of excellent quality and true to the original.
Gord

The replacements do look great and hopefully have better longevity than the originals - but you can easily tell the difference because they did not use the same model, and the PD remake is a great photo but the model isn't as good, IMO

#216 2 years ago

The ones from Illinois Pinball looked good initially too. I was given one and I left it in my dark "games parts" closet for three years and when I checked on it... it was orange and had chemicals oozing out the side of it. Like a deteriorating Polaroid.

So I'd wait at least a couple years before claiming a win for the new version.

#217 2 years ago

Mine still looks great. I may take crap for this but Gene was a cheap bastard. I'm sure he had his madenthe cheapest way possible. Anyone remember the CV play fields he had made on a printer? They looked like shit but he was still trying to sell them for $750. He refused to get a decent web sight to sell his stuff. When you ordered something from him they would have to figure out what the shipping was then charge your card over the phone. You couldn't order from his sight eve IF it was on there. Most of the stuff he had for sale wasn't on his sight. And it seems he ripped a lot of people off. If I'm wrong correct me.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The ones from Illinois Pinball looked good initially too. I was given one and I left it in my dark "games parts" closet for three years and when I checked on it... it was orange and had chemicals oozing out the side of it. Like a deteriorating Polaroid.
So I'd wait at least a couple years before claiming a win for the new version.

So far so good as I received my PD reproduction hologram in October of 2013 and it still looks great and is very sharp and deep green.

Gord

#219 2 years ago

Anyone have a spare for sale?

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

So far so good as I received my PD reproduction hologram in October of 2013 and it still looks great and is very sharp and deep green.
Gord

I didn't know they had been for sale that long... well that's good to hear. How much do they charge for them btw?

#221 2 years ago

Meanwhile, perhaps time to get back on track with the video mod...

#222 2 years ago

Any updates? Getting excited!

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Any updates? Getting excited!

No news yet, lately I was busy with a product on request for a client. I hope to continue with the Holo Modsp project by the end of next week.

#224 2 years ago

Out of interest I have a perfect working miked lcd mod what would they be worth to sell second hand?

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Out of interest I have a perfect working miked lcd mod what would they be worth to sell second hand?

Let me know if you want to sell it, I would be interested in buying.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Config file and videos stores in USB pendrive connected to Raspberry Pi3 board. In future firmware update, will allow config and upload videos wireles from cell phone by WIFI or Bluetooth (probably WIFI, because its faster)

One could turn this mod into a translate replacement into an LCD monitor to play scenes for movie themed games....if one were so inclined.

#227 2 years ago

Imagine swapping a translite for a monitor and playing scenes for Demo man, or STTNG during gameplay. Like adding a BM66 display to older games.

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

I sold mine for $400 but I saw one go for $1000 that was never installed last year.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

One could turn this mod into a translate replacement into an LCD monitor to play scenes for movie themed games....if one were so inclined.

Yes, sure. With this mod I want develop also a Topper for any pinball, to play videos triggered by pinball input/outputs. Probably with a 18 to 23 inches TFT monitor will be good for a topper, many use any computer monitor with HDMI input.

1 week later
#230 2 years ago

Able to develope some videos and previews?

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Able to develope some videos and previews?

What do you mean ??.
If may you develop your own videos ?, yes, of course, any in AVI or MP4 format. Even I may help to edit videos, apply mask, colorize, etc...

#232 2 years ago

If you are interested give me a email address and Ill send you a bunch of pics that you might use in the mod.

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If you are interested give me a email address and Ill send you a bunch of pics that you might use in the mod.

Thank you, you may send it to pinballsp@gmail.com

1 week later
#234 2 years ago

Waiting, perched on the edge of my seat.......................

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from Toxteth:

Waiting, perched on the edge of my seat.......................

Working with project, though I do not update the post.

1 week later
#236 2 years ago

Ready to introduce first full test about this mod along next week. All components of firmware were tested individually, Video play, Capture of ALL input/output signals, Firmware Update system, License check, Vertical display, Config file.

So, now I only need mix all components to release the first full firmware. I also will assemble my new DMDMK66 multicolor DMD for tests with a real Bally/Williams CPU, I will do a video about product working. After all firmware tests, only need develop video animations by events, manufacture the bracket to fix TFT to pinball, and product will be ready.

There was some delay because of I was busy with some personal and professional matters, but its already time to finish this mod. I think, if there are no unforeseen circumstances, I can offer the full kit in about two or three weeks. As soon as all tests pass, I will fix price and freight cost. Payment by TT or Paypal, I ship worldwide, by courier with tracking number.

All updates will be for free, I will open a Github to may download. Update and config is very easy, simply store videos, config file and firmware update in a USB Pendrive connected to Raspberry board. I will provide the kit with videos, and also anybody will may replace and custom product with his own videos, no problem about it, format of videos will be Full HD H264 Raw (I will provide information to convert from any standar format like AVI, Mpeg2, Mpeg4 to H264 Raw).

In final hardware interface, I will add some switches to may test and play videos. In first release of firmware all updates and config will require physical access to the USB Pendrive, but in next updates I will add wireless WIFI update to may do all from cell phone. Also I go to add outputs to may control digital led strips or custom boards with digital leds (I will manufacture it too).

#237 2 years ago

great waiting for pricing and instructions. Is this going to be an easy mod?

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

great waiting for pricing and instructions. Is this going to be an easy mod?

Easy to install and configure. If someone wants to put custom videos, I can provide support for apply mask, convert to vertical resolution (1920*1080 to 1080*1920), convert to H264 Raw, add texts or some special effects. In any case, with the video animations that I provide, the product will be ready to work.

Regarding the hardware installation, it is only necessary to connect a 2-wire cable to the 12VDC of the Drivers board, to get power supply voltage, and two 2x8 flat cables to the CPU. From my board to the TFT screen, connect an HDMI video cable and a cable with two round connectors to provide 12VDC power.

The TFT attachment to the original Holo bracket is made with a black acrylic frame and plastic flanges. I will also provide some plastic flanges to secure cables under the playfield, for a clean and safe installation. The board with the Raspberry is installed on the left inner side of the pinball head, fixed with adhesive plastic spacers.

Product will be practically plug and play, do not need any special tool to install it, do not need cut or solder cables.

#239 2 years ago

Well played .......... :applause:super ............. impatient to see a video demonstrative.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from grandDD:

Well played .......... :applause:super ............. impatient to see a video demonstrative.

Thanks.
After test here and do a video working, I will send a full kit to my portuguese friend. He has a Creature pinball, so he will install and test again with the full machine, also he will do a video playing the pinball.

#241 2 years ago

Will you offer a kit with this and the new 64DMD ?

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Will you offer a kit with this and the new 64DMD ?

If you want both, it's possible. Test with DMDMK64, all work fine too.

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

If you want both, it's possible. Test with DMDMK64, all work fine too.

Thought you'd decided to use one of the faster chips, rather than MK64/66?

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Thought you'd decided to use one of the faster chips, rather than MK64/66?

Yes, but current DMDMK64 work, I have here PCB and chips to assemble. DMD with SAM S70 MCU need a new PCB design and export firmware, need some more time for a S70 ready product.

#245 2 years ago

Please take my money. Can't wait to buy this!

#246 2 years ago

Sorry if it says it somewhere but will software be loaded went sent from you?

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Sorry if it says it somewhere but will software be loaded went sent from you?

First firmware software, I will provide loaded in a micro SD card with full Raspberry operating system (Linux Raspbian). Next updates, user must download from internet a firmware file (from a Github web site), put file in USB Pendrive, start device and will update firmware automatically. Very esasy.

If I provide the Raspberry Pi3 board, product is ready to work. If user put his own Raspberry pi3, then will need request a key license to activate firmware, TFT show code to request activation if license not activated.

In USB pendrive, store configuration file and videos, so to update, add or modify videos simply store it in USB Pendrive, I will provide instructions about file names and video format (H264 full HD, Raw). Configuration file is a text file, may edit with any text editor to config trigger for each file according with status of switches, lamps, bumpers, flashers and any input/ouput in playfield.

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Please take my money. Can't wait to buy this!

Soon will be available.

#249 2 years ago

Following!

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Soon will be available.

Looking forward to adding one, been following this since the very beginning

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dunwoody, GA
There are 1809 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside