CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 62.
#2351 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Im guessing those are photoshopped over the Creech window.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Nah, the reflections are right. I'd even say there was a window in there.

It's not like he doesn't have the hardware to do it. Working and triggering may be a question, but the video hardware seemed to be solid.

#2353 3 years ago

Yeah that’s clearly not photoshopped

#2354 3 years ago

There is definitely a window there you can tell by the reflections on the wood and can see like a very minor bevel to the window at the bottom, its freaking clear though LOL, don't they usually have some plants decal around them though? But still needs to be a video of it in action to tell if the mod works as advertised or not.

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

To those bitching about the people bitching I think you misunderstand. For 3 years we have been teased by these beautiful videos and told the hardware to play them was in the works. Videos pop up and more videos, tease, tease, tease, but no promise of anything to play it on. In high school a chick like this would have been called a prick tease and wouldnt be given the time of day. I dont want to be promised wonderful things and then get nothing. Do it or dont

I get the distaste for the OP, but c'mon. The pics are obviously NOT photoshopped and it has a new window on it with no decal. The window is easy to see... you can see the mounts and there is no view of the laminations on the pf that are there when the window is not installed. You can also see dust on the window. It's not anything unusual. I have a new window and it photographs even better than it looks in person.

And the OP doesn't need to photoshop. Those are just static images on a screen. As others have said, that isn't a huge technical feat. The images look outstanding, but I still doubt this ever is commercially available and bug free.

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

There is definitely a window there you can tell by the reflections on the wood and can see like a very minor bevel to the window at the bottom, its freaking clear though LOL, don't they usually have some plants decal around them though? But still needs to be a video of it in action to tell if the mod works as advertised or not.

Could be a new window; I used to flame polish mine, I bought 2 replacements, they were all cloudy. Flame polishing made them super
clear

#2357 3 years ago

I also thought they might be faked but they look legit.
He was right there also, had all these nice videos made and the hardware working just needed to throw it in the game he recently got.
I think he didn't post the coup de grace here as a "fuck you" to all the people endlessly harassing him in this thread for 100 years

#2358 3 years ago

Keep sitting on a "project" for that long... and someone is bound to swoop in an take the business from you.
Not that I have ANY plans in the work... as I don't have a Creech.

#2359 3 years ago

He does not post here because he has been called out for his shady practices by many many people (not that any buyers give a F**K, they would still buy it if it was hand assembled by children in a small African village for dirty drinking water) Once its ready (hahahahaha) He will be back to try and sell as many as he can.

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

He does not post here because he has been called out for his shady practices by many many people (not that any buyers give a F**K, they would still buy it if it was hand assembled by children in a small African village for dirty drinking water) Once its ready (hahahahaha) He will be back to try and sell as many as he can.

They gotta get their dirty drinking water somehow

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#2362 3 years ago

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would at least give them clean drinking water if it was me

#2364 3 years ago

You think that this thread can't get funnier anymore and then it even gets better.
Meanwhile we have already arrived at conspiracy theories.
Thanks a lot guys you saved my day again.

Personally, I think that All the Hardware Louis presented is fake as well. The circuit boards he „developed“ have no function at all.

And even Louis himself is probably fake. I think the government is behind all this and they just want to distract us from the really important things like their Failure In the fight against Corona or the desperate attempt to declare a valid presidential election invalid.

But Louis will soon prove it to all unbelievers. He will come back from the ashes like a phoenix , presenting the one and only video in his filthy creature with the crystal clear window and thats the moment where we all have to admit to ourselves....we were all wrong.

At this Point i normally wake up and Realize it will never happen ....
Sorry Lous, please come back to us, we are only kidding!

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from locke987:

You think that this thread can't get funnier anymore and then it even gets better.
Meanwhile we have already arrived at conspiracy theories.
Thanks a lot guys you saved my day again.
Personally, I think that All the Hardware Louis presented is fake as well. The circuit boards he „developed“ have no function at all.
And even Louis himself is probably fake. I think the government is behind all this and they just want to distract us from the really important things like their Failure In the fight against Corona or the desperate attempt to declare a valid presidential election invalid.
But Louis will soon prove it to all unbelievers. He will come back from the ashes like a phoenix , presenting the one and only video in his filthy creature with the crystal clear window and thats the moment where we all have to admit to ourselves....we were all wrong.
At this Point i normally wake up and Realize it will never happen ....
Sorry Lous, please come back to us, we are only kidding!

LOL WTF!!!

#2366 3 years ago

I’ll have what ever he’s smoking please

The FB page has a screenshot of the video of the mod in action being edited!!! It’s gotta be close now! Right???

#2367 3 years ago

Here’s 10 minutes of photoshopped video for your all to complain and fight about, he even got the off angle camera view photoshopped in there perfectly:

#2368 3 years ago

Delete post

#2369 3 years ago

Holy shit, that video of the mod in action is awesome! This is going to make it feel like a kinda different game.

#2370 3 years ago

Looks great to me. I will buy one if he ever gets it done.

#2371 3 years ago

Ready to purchase, looks very close to a finished product to me. It will put a whole new look to game play. I'll put my name on the list.

#2372 3 years ago

Sigh... you guys...

#2373 3 years ago

here`s another video

#2374 3 years ago

Videos look good. KISS bothers me with the K always in the foreground, but that's just me nitpicking.

I will never be a buyer as the price is out of my range, but I would still like to see a video with actual game footage. What happens when two videos are triggered within a second of each other or when a mode overlaps with another mode?

#2375 3 years ago

Looking goood!
Nice to see this thing will finaly happen!
But like Fifty said what will happen when playing a fast game, will multiple triggers be overriding or will all vids cut short?

#2376 3 years ago

Good to see it sort of in action 3 years later but unless you play pinball extremely slowly and cradle the ball after each shot and wait 5 seconds I’m not sure how it will work in a real world game. Need some proper fast game play videos to see how it stacks / queues these videos and how fast it can trigger them. But at least it’s a glimmer of progress.

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Good to see it sort of in action 3 years later but unless you play pinball extremely slowly and cradle the ball after each shot and wait 5 seconds I’m not sure how it will work in a real world game. Need some proper fast game play videos to see how it stacks / queues these videos and how fast it can trigger them. But at least it’s a glimmer of progress.

It’s just another attempt to promote this bloatware
One can clearly see that the videos are triggered one after another because prioritizing still doesn’t work.

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Need some proper fast game play videos to see how it stacks / queues these videos and how fast it can trigger them

This is what I've been wondering all along. You hit different switches so rapidly in this game, what's the queuing and cutting from video to video like? For instance, if you hit the ice cream target, and 1 second later start the "Move Your Car" mode, will Mrs. Ice Cream Cone continue to dance 5-10 seconds over the Move Your Car animations? If not, will there be a hard cut to the Move Your Car animations, a fade, or what?

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

This is what I've been wondering all along. You hit different switches so rapidly in this game, what's the queuing and cutting from video to video like? For instance, if you hit the ice cream target, and 1 second later start the "Move Your Car" mode, will Mrs. Ice Cream Cone continue to dance 5-10 seconds over the Move Your Car animations? If not, will there be a hard cut to the Move Your Car animations, a fade, or what?

Exactly this mod is not simply playing a 10sec video off a simple trigger. For it to work correctly it’s a bit more complex it needs to be able to queue and prioritise the videos correctly much like the machines dmd does.

Need some decent game play videos to see this in action if it even exists yet in software. Most likely will be released without it and a promise of adding later which will never happen and there will be a lot of disappointed buyers.

#2380 3 years ago

Agreed, jumped the gun maybe too early, but was just excited to see this in a game working finely. Just need to see how it works under normal game play and see how the different videos play against each other.

#2381 3 years ago

And... the weakness of his intercept model plays out as expected.

Those playing along... notice compy is monitoring the data bus to the av board while pinballsp monitors the playfield. So pinballsp is doomed to have to try to blindly replicate game logic without enough points of reference to really get it right. It is a loosing battle given all the different features he wanted to tap into vs sticking to the subset that are easily isolated.

Pretty videos... just always going to be glitchy

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Those playing along... notice compy is monitoring the data bus to the av board while pinballsp monitors the playfield. So pinballsp is doomed to have to try to blindly replicate game logic without enough points of reference to really get it right. It is a loosing battle given all the different features he wanted to tap into vs sticking to the subset that are easily isolated.

Agreed.

I’d also add that Luis is a hardware guy, and from what I can see a fairly good one. But I’ve been around a lot of software development over the years, and it’s just super rare for someone to be that good at hardware and be good at software, too. Hardware guys always *think* they’re good at software or that “it’s just software, that’s easy”, but that’s not the way it plays out. Given how most of the software on his other projects is stuff that he stole and modified and also given that how the promised features have never been done on the other projects but how he always says “it’s just software, I’ll get to it”, I just don’t think you can trust that part.

And he’s even had offers from talented software people to help him with his projects and he turns them down because he wants to control everything himself (except these videos, which for obvious reasons you can outsource). Add all of this up and it’s a recipe for a lot of potential that never gets realized.

—Donnie

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I agree reading the audio commands is far far easier then trying to decipher a lamp matrix which is constantly changing state. The audio data bus is literally telling you what the state the game is in and easy be read with a interrupt. raspberry pi can easy do this, no external super processor needed (this is not even needed to read a simple switch matrix)

#2384 3 years ago

Pretty sure the MikeD mod reads switches too?

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Probably does and that’s where pinballSP copied the idea from lol. He never thinks what might be the best / more efficient solution at the time but just copies someone else and makes out it’s his own idea.

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Yes, it does. I checked the source code and that's the reason why the mod is limited in some situations. MikeD knew that but communicated that clearly, and until today it is still one of the most outstanding mods.

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from Raaalph:

Yes, it does. I checked the source code and that's the reason why the mod is limited in some situations. MikeD knew that but communicated that clearly, and until today it is still one of the most outstanding mods.

Well then it seems this mod could be no worse in function than MikeD’s, which I have, and works well.

#2388 3 years ago

One mod keeps within the limits of the methodology... another... did not.

#2389 3 years ago

My MOD intercepts signals from the lamp matrix. Using the audio board would have been a better approach, just didn’t think to do that. Keep in mind the MOD was originally intended to just replace the hologram, which is why I started with the lamp matrix. The hardware was 90% designed before we expanded the video capacity.

We tested the switches, but found the RPi to read them inconsistently. However, we built the MOD with gen one boards.

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

My MOD intercepts signals from the lamp matrix. Using the audio board would have been a better approach, just didn’t think to do that. Keep in mind the MOD was originally intended to just replace the hologram, which is why I started with the lamp matrix. The hardware was 90% designed before we expanded the video capacity.
We tested the switches, but found the RPi to read them inconsistently. However, we built the MOD with gen one boards.

Thanks for confirming, Mike. This is -significantly- different from reading the switch matrix. Reading the switch matrix basically requires emulating the game logic in parallel to the CPU. Not super simple. And fraught with overlaps.

#2392 3 years ago

There is a new official release of the software for Creature that might effect this mod. It would be awesome if it was planned for, since I expect most of us are planning on upgrading to it. In the Creature forum someone has reported after installing it the Mike D holo mod did not work:

Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revision 5.0

Summary

Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
Two new feature adjustments.
The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.
Upgraded lamp procedure.

Improvements

Fully suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.
No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.

#2393 3 years ago

More from the updated Williams rom thread, this is from programmer Soren:

"Regarding the MikeD mod for Creature. A quick read up shows that it takes input from the lamp matrix. I will assume this is why it is acting different with rev. 5.0 now this is update to the "LED friendly" procedure 2.

I will be back later with an analysis of this and documentation for how it works now. And I have to say, that it should not be a problem to build devices that can interpret the lamp signals correctly regardless if the game software is running procedure 1 or 2. So I hope my documentation will make it straight forward for somebody to update the MikeD mod to run stable on all games. If I have understood it correctly, the original designer of the mod has abandon the project. But it is now maintained by somebody else in the community."

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

More from the updated Williams rom thread, this is from programmer Soren:
"Regarding the MikeD mod for Creature. A quick read up shows that it takes input from the lamp matrix. I will assume this is why it is acting different with rev. 5.0 now this is update to the "LED friendly" procedure 2.
I will be back later with an analysis of this and documentation for how it works now. And I have to say, that it should not be a problem to build devices that can interpret the lamp signals correctly regardless if the game software is running procedure 1 or 2. So I hope my documentation will make it straight forward for somebody to update the MikeD mod to run stable on all games. If I have understood it correctly, the original designer of the mod has abandon the project. But it is now maintained by somebody else in the community."

The original MikeD mod is affected due to timing changes to eliminate strobing/flicker in the new LED code. The mod software would have to be modified to detect timing changes on the strobing signal. I can publicly say that we did reach an agreement to license and re-run MikeD's mod on our new control system (unaffected by software upgrades) so that CFTBL owners could have a replacement. We have displays sourced, brackets made, cable harnesses designed and boards en-route.

However since PinballSP is so close to launching, getting good pinball press coverage and his videos are top notch... combined with the fact that we don't want to launch scuds and start a race to the bottom, we've deferred the launch of that product depending on the needs of the market.

-- Jimmy

#2395 3 years ago

Compy any possibility for a patch to existing MikeD mods to accommodate the new ROM code? I'd pay a reasonable amount for that, assume other owners might as well.

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

The original MikeD mod is affected due to timing changes to eliminate strobing/flicker in the new LED code. The mod software would have to be modified to detect timing changes on the strobing signal. I can publicly say that we did reach an agreement to license and re-run MikeD's mod on our new control system (unaffected by software upgrades) so that CFTBL owners could have a replacement. We have displays sourced, brackets made, cable harnesses designed and boards en-route.
However since PinballSP is so close to launching, getting good pinball press coverage and his videos are top notch... combined with the fact that we don't want to launch scuds and start a race to the bottom, we've deferred the launch of that product depending on the needs of the market.
-- Jimmy

Jimmy the way you conduct your business needs to be commended, not only are your products well thought out, designed and manufactured, you take time to respond to queries both online and via PMs, you show respect and offer assistance to other mod creators and have even donated to Pinside 5% of sales on your TZ backboard mod done through Pinside. And now you are holding off launching your own product to allow this one to come out and not to compete. In this modern world of dog-eat-dog you stand tall and are a shiny light. Well done mate and thank you!!

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

-- Jimmy

If the strobing code could be turned off in the menu (as an option), wouldn't that solve the problem? I have all incandescents in my pin, anyway.

Update: Soren said it would not be realistic to do this and that he has an idea of how to address the issue. Looking forward to the fix.

#2398 3 years ago

Well, so ends the PMD CFTBL MOD..... RIP.

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

-- Jimmy

Real shame you can’t license the videos off pinballSP. I do hope you don’t wait too long as could be waiting a long time for this mod to actually be released working in a finished state.

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

There is a new official release of the software for Creature that might effect this mod. It would be awesome if it was planned for, since I expect most of us are planning on upgrading to it. In the Creature forum someone has reported after installing it the Mike D holo mod did not work:
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revision 5.0
Summary
Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
Two new feature adjustments.
The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.
Upgraded lamp procedure.
Improvements
Fully suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.
No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.

Where do we purchase said upgraded software?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/48?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.