CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 62.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

As much as this solution is nothing without the hardware working... Compy’s is nothing without the video’s... you need both to be successful... and unless Compy leverages MikeD’s videos it has some road to travel too.

This is true, but any one can pay an artist to create videos (including Compy) but takes knowledge,skill,business sense to design/manufacture/ship/support a high quality working mod (pinballSP lacks all of these) But appears Compy does have these various attributes so i have no doubt he will be able to source / create his own videos very quickly.

Plus all those videos are just sat on youtube in HD it's totally legal to download and do what you want personally with them (long as you don't redistribute / sell them)

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

This is true, but any one can pay an artist to create videos (including Compy) but takes knowledge,skill,business sense to design/manufacture/ship/support a high quality working mod (pinballSP lacks all of these) But appears Compy does have these various attributes so i have no doubt he will be able to source / create his own videos very quickly.
Plus all those videos are just sat on youtube in HD it's totally legal to download and do what you want personally with them (long as you don't redistribute / sell them)

Legit or not, taking the videos from youtube that pinballSP have paid to make and putting them in your own game is an asshat move imo. Much better would be if he could sell the rights to use them in Compys mod (if Compy ever make a creature mod that is).

I too am sceptical this mod will ever be released seeing how much he is dragging it out, but that doesnt mean people should abuse him being kind enough showing off the videos and therefore "stealing" them from him.

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Legit or not, taking the videos from youtube that pinballSP have paid to make and putting them in your own game is an asshat move imo. Much better would be if he could sell the rights to use them in Compys mod (if Compy ever make a creature mod that is).
I too am sceptical this mod will ever be released seeing how much he is dragging it out, but that doesnt mean people should abuse him being kind enough showing off the videos and therefore "stealing" them from him.

Why not most things pinballSP does is stolen? (firmware,ideas etc...) he even went into great detail how we was going to write software to capture all the colorDMD coloured roms and convert to his own format for his none existent colour firmware. He likes to play dirty so cant whine if people play dirty back.

#2304 3 years ago

I think this thread needs to end.

#2305 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I think this thread needs to end.

Why? The original title (as the link says: hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development) is still valid. No deadline. No commitment. No deposit.
This is his thread, his development money, he can keep the thread open forever. If there is no interest, there is no force to visit this thread. It's very simple. If I don't care a mod, I don't follow the thread.
Somehow the thread activity is still high.

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

As much as this solution is nothing without the hardware working... Compy’s is nothing without the video’s... you need both to be successful... and unless Compy leverages MikeD’s videos it has some road to travel too.

Trust me, Compy is further along then you think!

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The OP is not responsible for the video's. He jobbed them out to a contractor. Creating video clips isn't hard. I asked my son, who is at a design college, if he could do what the OP has shown and he said one of his classes is doing a similar thing for product design and that the entire body of materials that have been shown could be turned out by his class (8 students) in as little as a week or as long a half the semester, depending on the urgency.

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Legit or not, taking the videos from youtube that pinballSP have paid to make and putting them in your own game is an asshat move imo

pinballsp is already was strongly in the camp that IP rules do not apply to him. So he's got nowhere to stand there.

#2309 3 years ago

pinballSP does not give a toss about IP just ask lucky1 how much hes stolen from him. He wanted to steal colorDMD roms, he wanted to steal pin2DMD colored roms, hes stolen firmware, pal chip code, basic dmd design idea's (then makes out they are his own) He is the last person on the planet who can cry about IP theft.

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trust me, Compy is further along then you think!

That's great... My comment was only meant to say that you need two parts for this to be successful, and until it's released there is still "some road to travel".

Quoted from robotron911:

The OP is not responsible for the video's. He jobbed them out to a contractor. Creating video clips isn't hard. I asked my son, who is at a design college, if he could do what the OP has shown and he said one of his classes is doing a similar thing for product design and that the entire body of materials that have been shown could be turned out by his class (8 students) in as little as a week or as long a half the semester, depending on the urgency.

Very little is actually hard in the right people's hands and there is no shortage of people who can do video work, literally, hundreds of capable people on upwork.com right now could do this work.

I did not mean to imply that the video work was "hard", I only meant to imply until you've got both hardware and video you don't have a product... and... until pinside judges the quality of both you don't have a successful one. Comply could release an awesome package today and so could pinballsp, I think the majority has spoken on what horse they're backing, but that really is neither here nor there until someone can get it into their machine.

#2311 3 years ago

I love this thread.

I sold my creech 2 years ago but still drop in for the drama

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

pinballSP does not give a toss about IP just ask lucky1 how much hes stolen from him. He wanted to steal colorDMD roms, he wanted to steal pin2DMD colored roms, hes stolen firmware, pal chip code, basic dmd design idea's (then makes out they are his own) He is the last person on the planet who can cry about IP theft.

I'm not defending anyone regarding theft or not, I'm just saying that we shouldn't lower our self to do the same actions that we despise others doing.

#2314 3 years ago

Wheter its almost finished, or deserted like previous mods

I do hope the dude is ok
With the worlds situation

#2315 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I love this thread.
I sold my creech 2 years ago but still drop in for the drama

I thought you were dead jeff?

#2316 3 years ago

Joking aside I do hope the op is ok? Maybe in another lockdown (we are again in U.K)

Maybe can post another pcb revision?

#2317 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Joking aside I do hope the op is ok? Maybe in another lockdown (we are again in U.K)
Maybe can post another pcb revision?

As long as there are constantly videos posted on yt imo he's ok. despite the fact that we don't like him we wouldn't whish anyone to get sick.

So, everybody stay well!

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from Raaalph:

As long as there are constantly videos posted on yt imo he's ok. despite the fact that we don't like him we wouldn't whish anyone to get sick.
So, everybody stay well!

Exactly I would not buy his stuff but certainly don’t want any harm to come to him. Look forward to the next video update

#2319 3 years ago

We've followed this thread for a while now full credit he's never asked for deposits for the work ot looks like he's done bravo

I also hope with the demand surely tis is possible and then THE elusive whiter Water Topper

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

We've followed this thread for a while now full credit he's never asked for deposits for the work ot looks like he's done bravo
I also hope with the demand surely tis is possible and then THE elusive whiter Water Topper

This mod is a fart in the wind. Pfffffrrrrrrp, it’s gone.

#2321 3 years ago

3. Years. My kid is almost in high school by now.

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

3. Years. My kid is almost in high school by now.

Lol. Could you imagine listing All the things that happened in Pinball since this mod started lolol. Hope it sees the end as he does appear to have some mad skills just maybe not that into production. I believe JPop had the same issue.....

#2323 3 years ago

Ola J.Pop español ¿sigues vivo?

#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. Could you imagine listing All the things that happened in Pinball since this mod started lolol. Hope it sees the end as he does appear to have some mad skills just maybe not that into production. I believe JPop had the same issue.....

To be fair Iv not seen any mad skills here? Just some lovely videos created by another artist and some pictures of pcbs he loves creating pcbs but they never really do much...

not sure what the situation with COVID is in Spain but might be delaying this project even more??

#2325 3 years ago

I gave up on this mod long ago, but still have my Creature....Maybe it will be done when I’m retired. Possibly???

#2326 3 years ago

The guy doesn’t post here anymore. It’s over.

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The guy doesn’t post here anymore. It’s over.

It has been over a month, hope everything is ok.

#2328 3 years ago

After waiting for his other mods

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/domo-led-for-star-trek-ng

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-video-bumper-cap-by-pinballsp

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-boards-for-afm-tom-and-universal-bumper-by-pinballsp

I gave up hope, then i had hope again.
But seems like he just doesnt finish things.
Realy hope im wrong and that hes ok, but i think its not gonna happen anymore

Like the guys who bought his dmds without color, i think this will only happen if he gets a manager

Real shame, could be epic

#2329 3 years ago

If you like reading about promises backed up by excuses--you are in the right thread.

#2330 3 years ago

So I take it that no one wants to sell me their original Creech hologram then....... anyone..... . . No?

#2331 3 years ago
Quoted from Toxteth:

So I take it that no one wants to sell me their original Creech hologram then....... anyone..... . . No?

is there such a thing as an original green working hologram anymore, if someone still has a crisp one, they are very lucky!

#2332 3 years ago

I'll be listing a CFTBL for sale next week. The game includeds an NOS hologram as well as the PMD MOD (uninstalled). I bought the hologram to make the creature video for the "Hologram" Mode option on the MOD. After shooting the video, I boxed the hologram back up. Just installed it in the machine to sell it.

#2333 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

It has been over a month, hope everything is ok.

He's still regularly updating his Facebook page with progress posts, last one a day ago.

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

He's still regularly updating his Facebook page with progress posts, last one a day ago.

Just with.... wait for it...... yes you guessed it!! MORE VIDEOS

#2336 3 years ago

OP shares his project at his pace that he's take zero dollars in pre-orders on and set no timeline on - gets shit on.
Stops posting here - gets shit on.
Some people just can't be satisfied.

If you follow his FB he just posted photos of it in the game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

OP shares his project at his pace that he's take zero dollars in pre-orders on and set no timeline on - gets shit on.
Stops posting here - gets shit on.
Some people just can't be satisfied.
If you follow his FB he just posted photos of it in the game.
[quoted image]

Only a game play video will tell us if it works or not

We know the vids are good, but does it trigger at the correct time without delays? Does it queue videos correctly? Does it prioritise them correctly?

That’s the hard part. Any one can stick a screen with a picture on it in a CFBL cab!

#2338 3 years ago

I'm sure OP is investing all his own money in these nice videos with no talents to make it work, and he definitely owes you proof, since you put such a giant deposit down.

#2339 3 years ago

I haven’t found so much trolls in one thread at once

#2340 3 years ago

Hats off! Very well done, looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the video!

#2341 3 years ago

Nice to know so many people on here have zero morals and will happily support a IP Thief. Long as you get your mod who cares.... Probably give your local drug dealer a nice tip as well

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Hats off! Very well done, looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the video!

Get in line, we've been asking and waiting for a video of this working in a game for over a year. Nothing but delays and excuses.

#2343 3 years ago

Hey atleast theres some progress!

#2344 3 years ago
0E03D19E-CE14-4F66-AAED-B8D715FE8DA5 (resized).jpeg0E03D19E-CE14-4F66-AAED-B8D715FE8DA5 (resized).jpeg190C98E9-7FD7-4041-B999-5B85AEBB4FCF (resized).jpeg190C98E9-7FD7-4041-B999-5B85AEBB4FCF (resized).jpegC13E75CE-AFF3-4B5A-8D38-CE91F055014C (resized).jpegC13E75CE-AFF3-4B5A-8D38-CE91F055014C (resized).jpegC2244D7B-FACC-4250-8CC5-7B6C6763633A (resized).jpegC2244D7B-FACC-4250-8CC5-7B6C6763633A (resized).jpeg
#2345 3 years ago

Photos look great, glad to see he was able to get rid of that cloudy lagoon window.

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Photos look great, glad to see he was able to get rid of that cloudy lagoon window.

I'm gonna need a new lagoon window when this comes out, mine is pretty cloudy too!

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm going to guess there is no window in there at all right now!

Video's do look pretty badass... as much as I like playing creature with the stock hologram and believe that less is more when it comes to video usage, video's like to say which ramp to shoot may actually prove to be more than just a distraction... I mean creature does kind of yell at you on which ramp to shoot... I'm rambling, still photo's look great.

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Video's do look pretty badass... as much as I like playing creature with the stock hologram and believe that less is more when it comes to video usage, video's like to say which ramp to shoot may actually prove to be more than just a distraction... I mean creature does kind of yell at you on which ramp to shoot... I'm rambling, still photo's look great.

Looking again I think you are right, which would explain why the images are so clear.

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

From what the OP posted previously I believe what videos are used is fully customisable - so if you prefer less videos to be triggered you'll be able to do that

#2350 3 years ago

Im guessing those are photoshopped over the Creech window.

To those bitching about the people bitching I think you misunderstand. For 3 years we have been teased by these beautiful videos and told the hardware to play them was in the works. Videos pop up and more videos, tease, tease, tease, but no promise of anything to play it on. In high school a chick like this would have been called a prick tease and wouldnt be given the time of day. I dont want to be promised wonderful things and then get nothing. Do it or dont

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 27.95
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/47?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.