CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 62.
#2251 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I apologise for being a bit rude above I am sorry roar i get where you are coming from.
The reason I give pinballSP so much shit is because he lies and steals and bends the truth and is so badly organised its laughable and basically thinks he creates a high quality project when he does not. I know what a high quality product looks like.
He talks so much shit it makes me laugh. I don’t care if I’m no1 “troll” because I call him out on all his shit I’ll continue to do it until I’m banned from this place.

Appreciate it russdx... I should have stayed out of it, I know you’re one of the good guys.

#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

i happen to own a PinballSP DMD and i`m happy with it as it is. ( i had a PIN2DMD previously, and that was a buggy fellow)
All in all its a nice, plug n play upgrade from the original orange DMD, and when the colorsoftware comes, its gonna be a great bonus to great piece of hardware
And btw, PinballSP`s DMD is not "colorless" like you say, thats simply not true....

I have one too. Love mine, was the same $$ as getting 1 color LED, worked perfect for almost 2 years now. Will get another one when I can and pumped when the rest of the colors come and the ability to mod.

#2253 3 years ago

Kit installed on my Creature. Triggering for all videos is already programmed in firmware and works fine, I've only found that occasionally FILM video triggers when not appropriate, I'll correct it.

I already had the intention of making videos of the product playing on my machine, but I find that the plastic hole of my Creature is very dark, like smoked, and lets see little light from the monitor, this is not normal because a friend has long been he tested a prototype of these displays on his machine, and from the photos and videos he sent me it looked great.

In short, I have ordered a replacement of this hole plastic from Best of Pinball, I hope to receive it in a few days, I replace it and I make the videos.

While I will continue testing the firmware, to detect possible bugs. I also have to program the update system with an SD card, the configuration with parameters saved in a configuration file on the SD card, create the user manual, order the PCBs, SD cards and USB sticks.

The acrylic supports for the screens of the first 20 units are already ordered, I had to modify it because it did not fit well, it is what happens when working with photos instead of with the real machine. I am also waiting to receive a sample screen from another manufacturer that offers a lead time of just under 10 days, when the other suppliers give 6 weeks.

holo_013.jpgholo_013.jpgholo_014.jpgholo_014.jpgholo_008.jpgholo_008.jpgholo_007b.jpgholo_007b.jpgholo_006.jpgholo_006.jpgholo_004b.jpgholo_004b.jpgholo_004.jpgholo_004.jpgholo_005b.jpgholo_005b.jpg
#2254 3 years ago

I think you're taunting everyone here by not showing the pictures of the display in the game!
I've been following this thread for too long, but it's great to see some good progress in a real (filthy) game!

#2255 3 years ago

I forgot, while we continued working with the videos of the ramps, and a long version of the FILM video. I also want to prepare a promotional video for the product, because this is about to end.
rampas.jpgrampas.jpg

LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg
#2256 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I think you're taunting everyone here by not showing the pictures of the display in the game!
I've been following this thread for too long, but it's great to see some good progress in a real (filthy) game!

I can make a video, but the hole plastic is very dark and shows a very poor image from the monitor. It is a matter of a few days, what it takes to send me the replacement from the Best of Pinball shop. I have ordered it just today, for shipping by DHL, which is not cheap.

ScreenHunter_001.jpgScreenHunter_001.jpg
#2257 3 years ago

IF you can show it working in a dark view first to appease everyone who is still skeptical about the triggering. Will gain you a lot of credibility on progress of it working in the actual machine

#2258 3 years ago

Finished the long version of the FILM video. It will be used as a screen saver, if there are no other videos running and the Start Movie flasher lamps are flashing. New special effects are included, in the first scene the shooting texts are added to the targets to start the movie.

#2259 3 years ago

Louis, the "Shoot the left subway" is not correct. Yes, manual says subway, but this is the physical location of the switch, it's not the name of the shot.
The name of the shot is "KISS" shot - it's according to inserts anyway.

#2260 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

IF you can show it working in a dark view first to appease everyone who is still skeptical about the triggering. Will gain you a lot of credibility on progress of it working in the actual machine

everyone has waited 3 years... another 3 days won’t hurt them .

#2261 3 years ago

Shocking--another delay. Just a thought--remove the smoky window, trigger a few switches and shoot a short video with it off.

1 week later
#2262 3 years ago

Hi Luis, any news jet?

#2263 3 years ago

How much is this thing going to cost again? I can't remember.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How much is this thing going to cost again? I can't remember.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/33#post-5400949

The pricing is 9 months old and I would totally understand if it changed... but as of 9 months ago...

The prices are as follows (+ shipping):
BASIC, 5 videos, 395 Euros
HALF, 10 videos, 479 Euros
FULL, 24 videos, 535 Euros.

Optional extras:
1.- SD card, to store customized settings and update the firmware. Price 14 euros.
2.- USB flash drive Pendrive, to store your own videos with which to replace those of the kit. Price 14 euros.
3.- Audio cable: Connects to the original sound card, to listen to the sound of the kit videos in a future firmware update. Price 17 euros.
4.- Android / WIFI App: not yet available.

Shipping costs:
Spain / Portugal ---> 12 Euros
European Union countries -> 26 Euros
USA / Canada -> I will indicate shortly.
Other countries ---> Contact for quote

#2265 3 years ago
2B238CF6-59EE-4EB8-8EE2-8B697499F5FD.gif2B238CF6-59EE-4EB8-8EE2-8B697499F5FD.gif
#2266 3 years ago

only this guy makes a point to say he paid for express shipping.... but still isn't in a hurry to install the part and show it

#2267 3 years ago

I don’t want to see the reveal video through the lens of a dark, dirty hole plastic! Patience. There’s some more videos to finish first too.

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Louis, the "Shoot the left subway" is not correct. Yes, manual says subway, but this is the physical location of the switch, it's not the name of the shot.
The name of the shot is "KISS" shot - it's according to inserts anyway.

And I assume “right popper” is the Slide?

I don’t know about the country bumpkin music either. I don’t know about any music in the videos. Strange.

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

[quoted image]

I'm still trying to understand this post.

#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I'm still trying to understand this post.

Made about as much sense as anything else.

#2271 3 years ago

lionman

#2272 3 years ago

I think expedited DHL shipping is a bit wasted on pinballSP

But being serious Compy is fast catching up with another version of this mod Just missing the nice videos..

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I think expedited DHL shipping is a bit wasted on pinballSP
But being serious compy is fast catching up with another version of this mod Just missing the nice videos..

The only thing that's really -needed- is a hologram replacement. Everything else is just the cherry on top - and possibly could be distracting!

#2274 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

But being serious compy is fast catching up with another version of this mod

Progress has been made... more to come!

#2275 3 years ago

I like all the videos but there is nothing to play them on.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

and possibly could be distracting!

This is the exact reason I took mine out.

#2277 3 years ago

We have news?

#2278 3 years ago

News on the OTHER mod. This one is done. The TZ version is already shipping.

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

News on the OTHER mod. This one is done. The TZ version is already shipping.

Lol, More videos to come. Nothing to install on your machine but more videos

#2280 3 years ago

pinballSP has very kindly uploaded all his videos to youtube in HD without any watermarks for us all to enjoy cough download cough

#2281 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

pinballSP has very kindly uploaded all his videos to youtube in HD without any watermarks for us all to enjoy cough download cough

Why would he do that?

#2282 3 years ago

The ship has probably sailed on this mod, commercially. Compy appears to have something in the works and I would count on his timing starting from scratch today vs. the OP and where he is at this moment. It's a shame, as I bear no ill will to the OP, but people aren't going to continue to wait years while he polishes this with videos that are "extras" rather than release a working, basic package. And with all of the past issues that others have pointed out regarding the OP, dealing with Compy is likely just a cleaner transaction with (assumed) better technical support.

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

PIN2DMD is capable of sending out serial commands when certain dmd images appear and I have also made a pcb which is connected to the WPC bus to send out commands when a certain sound is played. It was meant for those who don´t want to replace the original sound board with TiltAudio to make Steves CFTBL mod work with his Serial Media Server.

Compy´s mod uses the sound commands to trigger and playback the videos on the PI just like I suggested PinballSP over one year ago, but of course he knows better how to make a mod work.

#2284 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Compy´s mod uses the sound commands to trigger and playback the videos on the PI just like I suggested PinballSP over one year ago, but of course he knows better how to make a mod work.

You mean you don’t need an powerful external 500mhz microcontroller to just read a basic lamp / switch matrix??? Noooo I don’t believe that

#2285 3 years ago

Anywhere where we can read or previous post on this Compy mod?

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Anywhere where we can read or previous post on this Compy mod?

Compy has made an interactive TZ backboard but is looking at doing other machines (not necessarily backboards) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Compy has made an interactive TZ backboard but is looking at doing other machines (not necessarily backboards) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display

I have one installed in my TZ. It is amazing. And will work 100% with Creature with only a few minor tweaks, perhaps a different sized display. And it's real *right now*.

#2288 3 years ago

He could buy this guys videos and it would be awesome. He could even do a backboard and a creature window video and it would be awesome. It’s clear that this guy has done a JPop. He just hasn’t taken anyone’s money.

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I read that thread, he said demand will decide his next title and Creature is a possibility. He's still working on an updated bracket for the TZ and hasn't shipped many. The mod looks great, but I think it's optimistic to think that Creature will be the next game he does and that it will be ready anytime soon. Maybe it will kick work on this mod into high gear. Personally I hope Compy does STTNG next, I know that's one he's considering and one I'd love.

#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I read that thread, he said demand will decide his next title and Creature is a possibility. He's still working on an updated bracket for the TZ and hasn't shipped many. The mod looks great, but I think it's optimistic to think that Creature will be the next game he does and that it will be ready anytime soon. Maybe it will kick work on this mod into high gear. Personally I hope Compy does STTNG next, I know that's one he's considering and one I'd love.

I'd wager his CFTBL mod and 5 others are done before This mod is available! lol

#2291 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I was hoping for this one to be done but all this guy seems to do is pull his pud and now he has gone dark. If he ever gets it done it will surprise me. I don’t understand spending the money on the videos and not getting the mod done.

#2292 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I don’t understand spending the money on the videos and not getting the mod done.

Standard MO for this guy... people were warned for years... yet people wanted to keep labeling us trolls or haters.

#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I dunno, if I was developing a new platform mod and selecting which game to do it for next, I don't think I'd choose a game that has a mod already far into development for it. While you or I might wager he could bring it to market first, that's not something a small manufacturer wants to gamble on, because they could spend a lot of time and money on something and then have no buyers for it. And a lot of people already have the Mike D mod installed. Personally I'd select a game with no competing similar mods/mods in development to ensure the most sales.

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

While you or I might wager he could bring it to market first, that's not something a small manufacturer wants to gamble on,

Again just an opinion Nothing against this builder But.... You do realize this Mod started over 3 Years ago? I think Compy would be More then safe proceeding with the confidence he won't have any competition for a Long time to come! I to wanted this mod but have to admit some of the posters May have been correct in highlighting this may be a lost hope sadly.

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Well we'll find out on Black Friday which pin will be the next in line - early on Jimmy indicated that TAF, ToM, CFTBL, TNA & STTNG were games either in active development or that had been requested. Now the requested list has grown substantially since then however I'm guessing the next pin will be one of these

#2296 3 years ago

Compy will have 50 titles done by the time this thing is complete and the best part is his will be 100% better quality. From what Iv seen he just uses a pi zero, that’s all you need!! Not a large pi + monster microcontroller and x2 SD cards??

Keep it simple and get it to market fast.

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I dunno, if I was developing a new platform mod and selecting which game to do it for next, I don't think I'd choose a game that has a mod already far into development for it. While you or I might wager he could bring it to market first, that's not something a small manufacturer wants to gamble on, because they could spend a lot of time and money on something and then have no buyers for it. And a lot of people already have the Mike D mod installed. Personally I'd select a game with no competing similar mods/mods in development to ensure the most sales.

Considering the life this thread has lived for the last 3+ years, it should be all the market research needed that there is still plenty of demand for a hologram substitute. And based off of the history of the OP, past history should be all that is needed that another vendor shouldn't feel threatened.

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Something “far into development” but not delivered is not the same as “exists in the market”. This thing has been going for 3 years - I don’t know how long Jimmy worked on the TZ mod, but it doesn’t matter: it’s available, this one isn’t

#2299 3 years ago

I think you are being a little harsh, as we have been assured we will see this working 100% right after that new lagoon window comes in........ummm, wait a minute--how many weeks ago was that?

#2300 3 years ago

As much as this solution is nothing without the hardware working... Compy’s is nothing without the video’s... you need both to be successful... and unless Compy leverages MikeD’s videos it has some road to travel too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falls Church, VA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 27.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/46?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.