New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 181440)

Hologram MOD for CREATURE by Pinballsp

By pinballsp

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,276 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by fiberdude120
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 786 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2B238CF6-59EE-4EB8-8EE2-8B697499F5FD.gif
LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg
ScreenHunter_001.jpg
rampas.jpg
holo_013.jpg
holo_014.jpg
holo_008.jpg
holo_007b.jpg
holo_006.jpg
holo_004b.jpg
holo_004.jpg
holo_005b.jpg
81445325-2143-4CDE-A043-A572CC0B0759 (resized).jpeg
90652700-fire-burning-circuit-board-with-electronic (resized).jpg
rampa2.jpg
tabla_SW_2.jpg

There are 2276 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 46.
#2201 42 days ago

I think this is very cool! Question: If the video icons in the image above are right, your basic package and medium package are complete, why not start offering those for sale if the hardware and everything is already done? At least you can start filling orders and getting real feedback.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

Awesome stuff!
-- Jimmy

#2202 41 days ago

Nice call compy !

#2203 41 days ago
Quoted from Compy:

I think this is very cool! Question: If the video icons in the image above are right, your basic package and medium package are complete, why not start offering those for sale if the hardware and everything is already done? At least you can start filling orders and getting real feedback.
Awesome stuff!
-- Jimmy

I don’t think the hardware / software works or he would of shown it long ago or started selling a cut down kit like you suggest. Best thing pinballSP can do is license your working hardware with his videos.

Although he does say ready soon so in pinballSP time that’s another 6 months away...

#2204 41 days ago
Quoted from Compy:

Awesome stuff!
-- Jimmy

Get somehow in contact with the video creator himself (it's not pinballSP) and get your kit done with these videos.
Absolut no-brainer for serving the community and finally get this to a positive ending.

#2205 41 days ago

The delay on early release is he needs to sift through all 45 pages here and find all the haters and the "this will never happen" and block them from getting one of these kits!

#2206 41 days ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

The delay on early release is he needs to sift through all 45 pages here and find all the haters and the "this will never happen" and block them from getting one of these kits!

He needs to sell all he can to recoup his money he had put out for videos.

#2207 41 days ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I've already blocked myself...

but I'll certainly offer congrats if/when this is ever completed.

#2208 41 days ago

I hope to hell he gets it done. The videos are amazing and will add a lot to the game. I have a repro hologram and it is beautiful but i will gladly replace it with this. I just think he is going about it the wrong way. He should have the mod done, working and being tested for bugs before he spends time and money on the videos. And shit, it has been way too long. But Im not gonna bad mouth the guy.

#2209 40 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I just think he is going about it the wrong way. He should have the mod done, working and being tested for bugs before he spends time and money on the videos. And shit, it has been way too long. But Im not gonna bad mouth the guy.

I think that you just did.

#2210 39 days ago
Quoted from Bakerman:

I think that you just did.

No I didn’t bad mouth the guy. That’s just my opinion. He is free to do it any way he chooses. I have no disrespect or bad feelings toward the man. Shit I wish I could do what he has done so far. I do want this mod badly and I do get impatient for it to get done so for his sake and mine I hope he gets it finished.

1 week later
#2211 29 days ago

This is the closest we have seen the mod to a game...this was posted SIXTY days ago...

34D4F629-BDAD-494C-A980-92443E098ADC.jpeg

#2212 28 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is the closest we have seen the mod to a game...this was posted SIXTY days ago...
[quoted image]

Strange position for a dc jack as well... should it not be facing off the pcb? Not above some sharp component legs

#2213 27 days ago

FILM video, finished. We are preparing a long version of this video, with a duration of 2 minutes that will show the texts "Shoot the Right Popper" and "Shoot the Left Rollover".

We started to work already on the videos of "Shoot right ramp" and "Shoot left ramp", both will be done at the same time because they are very similar. And with these, there will only be 4 more videos to complete the product.

As for the kit, I already ordered the 20 brackets for the 20 screens that I have here, I had to make some modifications on the original design.

I also located a new supplier of screens and this one does have stock to deliver them within 7 days, the other suppliers give delivery times of 6 weeks. I have ordered a sample to test it, before placing the order in quantity for the second batch that I will manufacture, if all goes well, the delivery time for the second batch will be almost the same as the first, about 2 to 3 weeks to have all the units assembled, tested and ready to ship, plus ordering the display brackets, Raspberries and PCBs for the kit. I also have to order micro SD cards, USB sticks and the optional Serial cables to control other mods, but all this with short delivery times, of a couple of weeks.

I have been working on my machine, disassembling the original hologram mechanisms and installing my screen with the bracket. The hologram mechanism must be completely removed, and the mirror and lamp motor must be disabled. At first I thought about disconnecting the connectors of the mirror and lamp, but the easier would be to disconnect the connector J123 from the driver board in the head of the machine, there is the control of the mirror and the lamp, on pins 4 and 5 and It seems that the rest of the pins are not used (I will check).

LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpgFILM_LARGA.jpg
HOLO_001.jpg
HOLO_002.jpg

HOLO_003.jpg
HOLO_004.jpg
HOLO_005.jpg

RAMPAS_LR.jpg

rampa2.jpg
#2215 27 days ago

Its Finally in the game. Turn it on PLEASE.

#2216 27 days ago

Shouldn't the film projector image say "Shoot the left lane" or left scoop? There's no rollover. I just looked

#2217 27 days ago

I've not seen "Shoot the Right Popper" and "Shoot the Left Rollover" in the gameplay - where/when do these occur?

I'm assuming the Left Rollover is the "P" in PAID??

#2218 27 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

No he visto "Shoot the Right Popper" y "Shoot the Left Rollover" en el juego. ¿Dónde / cuándo ocurren?
Supongo que el rollover a la izquierda es la "P" en PAGADO.

Yes, there is a mistake, it really must say "Shoot the Left Subway", we have already modified it in the long animation (2 minutes). "Left Subway" is the name given in the manual, in the Switch Locations of the playfield.

tabla_SW_2.jpg

#2219 27 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its Finally in the game. Turn it on PLEASE.

THIS!

#2220 26 days ago

My second cousin on my mom's side (the black sheep side of the family) was on vacation in Spain (he says he was on vacation--he was probably running from the law). Somehow he obtained a photo of the mod being turned on for the first test!

90652700-fire-burning-circuit-board-with-electronic (resized).jpg

#2221 26 days ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Yes, there is a mistake, it really must say "Shoot the Left Subway", we have already modified it in the long animation (2 minutes). "Left Subway" is the name given in the manual, in the Switch Locations of the playfield.

[quoted image]

don’t say ‘left subway’ that’s the technical term for the part under the playfield... not the actual shot, it just sounds weird.

#2222 26 days ago

I do question what value there is in ridiculing someone who is innovating and doing what they can to improve our community.

Whether or not Pinballsp completes his mod, he is doing something amazing. Where we play, he creates, but even more amazing is that he inspires others to create. To see a problem and to not accept there is nothing that can be done he looks to create a solution. This is innovation which is why communities of practice such as this exists.

To bring experiences and ideas together and find innovative ways to make things better. It is where good ideas come from

We have seen what great people can do such as MikeD, Swinks, Cliffy and many many others. I know they have inspired others but do we feel what is on this thread will also inspire others to share their ideas? I would not

I am new to this forum so I am now expecting to receive a barrage of abuse but I joined to learn and share with like minded people with the same interest who are here to improve things.

Whether or not the mod is completed, whether or not it delivers what looks amazing, I thank Pinballsp for believing he can make things better and for innovating but more importantly for sharing

So if helps you feel better about yourself then please do cus away

#2223 26 days ago
Quoted from BigMo:

I do question what value there is in ridiculing someone who is innovating and doing what they can to improve our community.
Whether or not Pinballsp completes his mod, he is doing something amazing. Where we play, he creates, but even more amazing is that he inspires others to create. To see a problem and to not accept there is nothing that can be done he looks to create a solution. This is innovation which is why communities of practice such as this exists.
To bring experiences and ideas together and find innovative ways to make things better. It is where good ideas come from

We have seen what great people can do such as MikeD, Swinks, Cliffy and many many others. I know they have inspired others but do we feel what is on this thread will also inspire others to share their ideas? I would not
I am new to this forum so I am now expecting to receive a barrage of abuse but I joined to learn and share with like minded people with the same interest who are here to improve things.
Whether or not the mod is completed, whether or not it delivers what looks amazing, I thank Pinballsp for believing he can make things better and for innovating but more importantly for sharing
So if helps you feel better about yourself then please do cus away

The guy is a scam artist, people are still waiting for colour on there colourless dmds he sold them. Almost certainly this product will be sold buggy or incomplete as well, leaving people disappointed. Hopefully the guy building the TZ video playback system will support this machine as well so people who buy this crap can at least port the fantastic artist videos into properly designed working hardware and have a usable mod. The videos will be the only thing of value here. But saying that pinballSP will lock them down some how making it hard for people to even do that.

PinballSP is the deeproot of the mod world.

#2224 26 days ago

Russdx thank you for your feedback.

This current thread is about the holo mod and not the colour dmds though, so we could focus on this mod in this thread and maybe start a different thread to share other experiences we may have had with Pinballsp.

When the mod is available if we as community find it to be less than expected then we as a community would have the right to provide feedback, positive or negative but do we feel that how we are approaching currently would encourage people, inc Pinballsp or discourage them.

What incentive at all does Pinballsp have to share anything such as the media he has created with anyone, let alone finish the mod when this community believes it will never be finished, that if it’s finished it will be rubbish. When we do not support and encourage but believe someone will fail

We risk those on our community becoming afraid to share, afraid to do something different which actually puts them off doing something awsm which will help us all

I am a nobody, not important and new To this group so I haven’t been able to contribute to this community but I am now reflecting if I ever should.

Thanks

#2225 26 days ago
Quoted from BigMo:

Russdx thank you for your feedback.
This current thread is about the holo mod and not the colour dmds though, so we could focus on this mod in this thread and maybe start a different thread to share other experiences we may have had with Pinballsp.
When the mod is available if we as community find it to be less than expected then we as a community would have the right to provide feedback, positive or negative but do we feel that how we are approaching currently would encourage people, inc Pinballsp or discourage them.
What incentive at all does Pinballsp have to share anything such as the media he has created with anyone, let alone finish the mod when this community believes it will never be finished, that if it’s finished it will be rubbish. When we do not support and encourage but believe someone will fail
We risk those on our community becoming afraid to share, afraid to do something different which actually puts them off doing something awsm which will help us all
I am a nobody, not important and new To this group so I haven’t been able to contribute to this community but I am now reflecting if I ever should.
Thanks

If you give yourself a reputation for ripping people off (both on his product that doesn’t do what it is supposed to, and in that he stole code from others), you deserve flack in whatever threads you start.

If you don’t do those things, this place is very welcoming. It’s pretty simple, really.

—Donnie

#2226 26 days ago

Djb_rh thank you for your feedback

If we disagree and not approve of what someone has done and we judge them not to be exhibiting our beliefs then we as a community should ask them to leave. I cannot agree more but have we agreed that they should get flak when starting a thread and then for 45 pages of posts.

Will I be getting flak because we don’t agree or approve of each other’s beliefs. I am sure many do not agree or approve of what I am questioning us to reflect on so what response will I receive

I love this forum even for the few months I have been on it and I want to keep feeling that way when logging in

Thank you

#2227 26 days ago

Pinballsp, if there anything at all I can do to help you achieve your vision for your product then please do ask. I ask for nothing in return

If you hit a problem and want to use me as a sounding board or if you need to run an idea past me to get another view point, if you need me to review anything and give you feedback then all your need do is ask.

I make the same offer of my help to anyone in our community and ask for nothing in return except for you all to continue to think what if and innovate as together we can find solutions and do great things

Super thanks

#2228 26 days ago
Quoted from BigMo:

81445325-2143-4CDE-A043-A572CC0B0759 (resized).jpeg

#2229 25 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

The guy is a scam artist, people are still waiting for colour on there colourless dmds he sold them.

i happen to own a PinballSP DMD and i`m happy with it as it is. ( i had a PIN2DMD previously, and that was a buggy fellow)

All in all its a nice, plug n play upgrade from the original orange DMD, and when the colorsoftware comes, its gonna be a great bonus to great piece of hardware

And btw, PinballSP`s DMD is not "colorless" like you say, thats simply not true....

#2230 25 days ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

i happen to own a PinballSP DMD and i`m happy with it as it is. ( i had a PIN2DMD previously, and that was a buggy fellow)
All in all its a nice, plug n play upgrade from the original orange DMD, and when the colorsoftware comes, its gonna be a great bonus to great piece of hardware
And btw, PinballSP`s DMD is not "colorless" like you say, thats simply not true....

Maybe yours not
And if you would like to buy one good luck... go to his shop here and see if you can obtain one.
I was interested in some of his other mods, they never finished.
Yes its nice he makes stuff hes like a mad scientist and desrves respect for his creativity.... but this dude needs a project manager and someone for development and pr and marketing.
He could be a big mod producer but for now he only sells talk.
Hope he steps up to the plate.

BIGMO this is pinside, full of pinball enthousiasts.
They will warn their fellow pinsiders for frauds, liars, and aholes.
They will call you out on bluf.
Be thankfull of this as it will safe you money and headache
Welcome to the club, enjoy!
Youre welcome!

#2231 25 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

After waiting for his other mod
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/domo-led-for-star-trek-ng
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-video-bumper-cap-by-pinballsp
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-boards-for-afm-tom-and-universal-bumper-by-pinballsp
and waiting for this creech mod decided to stop waiting.
I hope he finishes them, he is like a mad scientist making up some real cool stuff.
He keeps on developing and adding
Wish him all the luck But man this guy needs a manager and a deadline.

See above for some other unfinished projects

#2232 25 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

BIGMO this is pinside, full of pinball enthousiasts.
They will warn their fellow pinsiders for frauds, liars, and aholes.
They will call you out on bluf.
Be thankfull of this as it will safe you money and headache
Welcome to the club, enjoy!
Youre welcome!

I thank you for your feedback and I am of course very grateful to those on this community for helping each other and me as after all that is what we are here for.

What I am personally reflecting on is, do we have right to dictate how someone wishes to approach their work, insist they employee Project Managers and criticise them when they choose to develop their own product in a way that we dont agree with.

I have received a number of harsh messages since doing nothing more but asking the question if this is the right thing for us to do, does it add value to all of us to see the same insulting/critical/demanding responses, many times each page and ask how it may effect others who may consider to innovate their idea, their concept, their product and to do so however they want to.

My posts are not around Pinballsp per se, but how we behave to each other in a way that may prevent us helping each other and prevent those who want to try something not to share their ideas and their progress because they are different.

I have thought of a number of new innovations to address things which could really be done better and have spent a fair chunk money trying but I haven’t shared and unlikely to as from what I am observing, unless I do as I am told, deliver what I am told, when I am told then I will be open to harshness

My posts here was my way of trying to help us as a whole, but from the number of messages I have received in the last day I will do as I am told now and “shut up” and not raise the point again

Thanks again

#2233 25 days ago
Quoted from BigMo:

I thank you for your feedback and I am of course very grateful to those on this community for helping each other and me as after all that is what we are here for.
What I am personally reflecting on is, do we have right to dictate how someone wishes to approach their work, insist they employee Project Managers and criticise them when they choose to develop their own product in a way that we dont agree with.
I have received a number of harsh messages since doing nothing more but asking the question if this is the right thing for us to do, does it add value to all of us to see the same insulting/critical/demanding responses, many times each page and ask how it may effect others who may consider to innovate their idea, their concept, their product and to do so however they want to.
My posts are not around Pinballsp per se, but how we behave to each other in a way that may prevent us helping each other and prevent those who want to try something not to share their ideas and their progress because they are different.
I have thought of a number of new innovations to address things which could really be done better and have spent a fair chunk money trying but I haven’t shared and unlikely to as from what I am observing, unless I do as I am told, deliver what I am told, when I am told then I will be open to harshness
My posts here was my way of trying to help us as a whole, but from the number of messages I have received in the last day I will do as I am told now and “shut up” and not raise the point again
Thanks again

You got some mod ideas? Team up with some great people on this forums and make it happen!
Let your creative juices flow.
Lots of great knowlegable people around here!
I.E. swinks, the mod couple, mr Tantrum, MikeD, Modfather, chadh, and many many more
Developers technicians testers investors builders they are all here!
You can make some of that invested money back,
And have a lot of FUN doing so!
We all love pinball and everything related.

Btw knowing Luis pinballsp he probably has blocked everyone saying anything critic or things he doesnt like so dont worry about him

Sorry for the wasp nest you stepped in, and noone should be told to shut up for their opinion, specialy not on a forum
Freedom of speach!
I would give the names to a moderator and let them find out what and why.

but remember the boulevard of broken dreams if you burn a pinsider, you burn your own fingers and the people will hear about it.
Sure mistakes and oopses are possible, but cheating lying or even stealing.
That type of guys will be called out.

#2234 25 days ago

Best way to help ppl here even though no one wants to hear it but sadly it’s the reality we live in is just don’t buy this crap you will be disappointed.

Many people have offered to help I even offered advice 3 years ago but pinballSP does not accept help he will only do it his way. Lucky1 helps fix more of his customers broken boards then he does! And even offered a solution to give his customers full coloured firmware but pinballSP refused to accept the help so his customers lose out.

bigmo you have the right attitude like many others here but seriously it’s wasted on this guy. Save it for a mod maker who actually cares and is capable of making working feature complete mods (like the recent TZ video mod) when that dude gets his system working on Creech he’s gonna do laps around this mod.

#2235 25 days ago

Edit: hit wrong button

#2236 25 days ago

The point with Pinballsp is that he calls everyone a troll who is criticizing his work. He’s resistant to guidance, offered help and suggestions.

He often also been called out for selling unfinished product (the dmdmk66) without the functionality it was supposed to support and probably never will happen to get finished.
Also he has been called out for copying other people’s work and rebranding it to make it look like his own invention.
Another point is that he likes to turn facts to his own favor, eg. telling people he invented different mods and products and others copying his work. This has been clearly declared as false information by several developers and companies unisono.

I personally like the ideas and prototyping Luis does, but he should work as employee, with deadlines and finished products.

#2237 25 days ago

I've said this before but i'll say it again. I don't care if pinballsp wants to take 10 years to work on this. But by coming on Pinside and making it public, he may very well have prevented someone else to make the same mod. By coming here and stating that he planned on making this mod, then he is open season to public opinion. And if the public thinks he's taking too long, then so be it.

#2238 25 days ago
Quoted from BigMo:

Thanks again

Here's the biggest flaw in your passionate argument for the OP - he has come to the board voluntarily to post about this and other mods. He isn't required to and he is using Pinside as his defacto marketing tool. So, any praise or criticism is only because he voluntarily subjected himself to such.

#2239 25 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Here's the biggest flaw in your passionate argument for the OP - he has come to the board voluntarily to post about this and other mods. He isn't required to and he is using Pinside as his defacto marketing tool. So, any praise or criticism is only because he voluntarily subjected himself to such.

Thank you for your feedback

#2240 25 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

Lots of great knowlegable people around here!
I.E. swinks, the mod couple, mr Tantrum, MikeD, Modfather, chadh, and many many more.

Is MikeD still active? I see he recently sold a pin. I have his CFTBL and AC/DC mods. Fantastic stuff!

#2241 25 days ago

Though I said I would not continue to post I would like to ensure that what I am asking is not misunderstood.

I have made no argument nor statement. I have done no more than to ask questions if we believe it is right to be, say unpleasant to those who:

Take too long to do something once they announce it
Do not work in a way we expect
Do not listen to our advice and help
Have visions of their products that we feel cannot be achieved
Start projects and then for their own reasons choose to stop
Raise questions which are not inline with our views
If, in how we react to the above we actually prevent others from even trying out of fear of being treated the same

That’s is all I have asked. If I am wrong then I do apologise

I have thanked Pinballsp for continuing to try and innovate regardless as I would thank and encourage anyone of us.

I am not condoning Pinballsp If he has done any of the things he is accused of, but I do recognise a person who is trying to make things better and apologise if my beliefs or questions have offended

I am old enough not to let the nature of the messages I am receiving get to me though it does answer some of the questions above

Thanks again

#2242 25 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

The guy is a scam artist, people are still waiting for colour on there colourless dmds he sold them. Almost certainly this product will be sold buggy or incomplete as well, leaving people disappointed. Hopefully the guy building the TZ video playback system will support this machine as well so people who buy this crap can at least port the fantastic artist videos into properly designed working hardware and have a usable mod. The videos will be the only thing of value here. But saying that pinballSP will lock them down some how making it hard for people to even do that.
PinballSP is the deeproot of the mod world.

You know, some people might still be waiting on a colouring tool/editor for your product too... I know I was at one point, your's would be colourless if not for the efforts of someone else.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32549&page=16#entry335335
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32549&page=14#entry334798
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32549&page=9#entry327626
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32549&page=9#entry327528

#2243 25 days ago

Colour was an initial idea if I had time it was NEVER advertised to run colour rom’s so all your creepy research is pretty pointless I’m afraid. I have zero control over what people add to pinMame and what devices they support.

I had more important things to do with my life at the time then to write a colour editor for pinball DMD.

#2244 25 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

Colour was an initial idea if I had time it was NEVER advertised to run colour rom’s so all your creepy research is pretty pointless I’m afraid. I have zero control over what people add to pinMame and what devices they support.
I had more important things to do with my life at the time then to write a colour editor for pinball DMD.

Got it... release a product, make lots of posts about what you’re planning on delivering... ultimately never deliver it and then admonish others for making a product with lots of plans about what they’re planning on delivering while they are still making time to deliver it. Makes sense to me.

#2245 25 days ago
Quoted from roar:

Got it... release a product, make lots of posts about what you’re planning on delivering... ultimately never deliver it and then admonish others for making a product with lots of plans about what they’re planning on delivering while they are still making time to deliver it. Makes sense to me.

Your still completely missing the point it’s obvious you always will so pointless me trying to spell this out multiple times. But I’ll try one more time.

There is a massive difference between talking about ideas that might potentially come at some point VS selling a product saying it does include those features or that they are being added very soon and are never added. Huge difference. One is typical development cycle of a new product and the other is false advertising. I don’t understand how you can’t see that.

#2246 25 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

Your still completely missing the point it’s obvious you always will so pointless me trying to spell this out multiple times. But I’ll try one more time.
There is a massive difference between talking about ideas that might potentially come at some point VS selling a product saying it does include those features or that they are being added very soon and are never added.

I do truly understand it... I do... but you’re post sent a clear message to a bare minimum... me... as a buyer of your product that you would be building a tool to colour roms that would work with your product... it was never “if I have time” it was on a roadmap, you wrote that, you set that expectation. You spoke about it on multiple occasions. You can certainly cling to the it was never advertised to do it talk track but what was the actual point of releasing a colour DMD if it was not going to play colour ROM’s? Seriously? During the build up of it being released I don’t ever recall any language saying it wouldn’t and only would ‘if you had time’.

I honestly understand being busy with a new family... and you abandoning your own product was your choice... no problem... thank goodness someone else developed a solution to actually use your product the way I i would be shocked if it wasn’t always intended to be used.

#2247 25 days ago
Quoted from roar:

I do truly understand it... I do... but you’re post sent a clear message to a bare minimum... me... as a buyer of your product that you would be building a tool to colour roms that would work with your product... it was never “if I have time” it was on a roadmap, you wrote that, you set that expectation. You spoke about it on multiple occasions. You can certainly cling to the it was never advertised to do it talk track but what was the actual point of releasing a colour DMD if it was not going to play colour ROM’s? Seriously? During the build up of it being released I don’t ever recall any language saying it wouldn’t and only would ‘if you had time’.
I honestly understand being busy with a new family... and you abandoning your own product was your choice... no problem... thank goodness someone else developed a solution to actually use your product the way I i would be shocked if it wasn’t always intended to be used.

When I came up with it and I am pretty sure I was the first to use these modules in a pinball machine as previously it was just pinDMD2 on the market I thought it would just be cool to have a dmd that could do any shade of colour. Upto that point we only had static coloured LEDs. Coloured roms was just an idea and also was not sure about the legal issues with them either. Plus pin2dmd just did it anyway why reinvent the wheel twice?

I also did not Abandon it, the product did exactly what it was designed to do. Job done.

#2248 25 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

When I came up with it and I am pretty sure I was the first to use these modules in a pinball machine as previously it was just pinDMD2 on the market I thought it would just be cool to have a dmd that could do any shade of colour. Upto that point we only had static coloured LEDs. Coloured roms was just an idea and also was not sure about the legal issues with them either. Plus pin2dmd just did it anyway why reinvent the wheel twice?

Dude... your product is the gold standard build quality wise... I’ll never argue that, you are the originator bo doubt. I’d certainly never argue that the legalities around colouring is anywhere near clear and the idea of why reinvent the wheel gotcha... but... i invested in PinDMD and felt there were clear, firm, “promises” (I know you never said that, but I’ll be darned if I’m the only one who interpreted your posts that way) made that you’d deliver the goods, I felt abandoned... and then to see you continuously admonish this guy for what I feel is so similar to my PinDMD3 experience it just gets exhausting.

#2249 25 days ago
Quoted from roar:

Dude... your product is the gold standard build quality wise... I’ll never argue that, you are the originator bo doubt. I’d certainly never argue that the legalities around colouring is anywhere near clear and the idea of why reinvent the wheel gotcha... but... i invested in PinDMD and felt there were clear, firm, “promises” (I know you never said that, but I’ll be darned if I’m the only one who interpreted your posts that way) made that you’d deliver the goods, I felt abandoned... and then to see you continuously admonish this guy for what I feel is so similar to my PinDMD3 experience it just gets exhausting.

I apologise for being a bit rude above I am sorry roar i get where you are coming from.

The reason I give pinballSP so much shit is because he lies and steals and bends the truth and is so badly organised its laughable and basically thinks he creates a high quality project when he does not. I know what a high quality product looks like.

He talks so much shit it makes me laugh. I don’t care if I’m no1 “troll” because I call him out on all his shit I’ll continue to do it until I’m banned from this place.

#2250 25 days ago
Quoted from russdx:

I apologise for being a bit rude above I am sorry roar i get where you are coming from.
The reason I give pinballSP so much shit is because he lies and steals and bends the truth and is so badly organised its laughable and basically thinks he creates a high quality project when he does not. I know what a high quality product looks like.
He talks so much shit it makes me laugh. I don’t care if I’m no1 “troll” because I call him out on all his shit I’ll continue to do it until I’m banned from this place.

I’m a bit curious what mod was this. Sounds interesting actually unless it’s no longer available.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2276 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 46.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside