CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 62.
#2151 3 years ago

Ive been waiting for this mod forever now. At first checked back weekly, then monthly, then every few months, then every 6,i can say, unless this guy takes info for perspective buyers, I'll probably miss the release, or it'll never happen or il just give up. Man

#2152 3 years ago

I think we pissed home off and he is not showing his videos anymore. Hopefully he will finish this and show us all up.

#2153 3 years ago

He's probably shopping out his creech and got sidetracked with his next invention, LED rubber rings...

#2154 3 years ago

I was, emphasize was, as enthusiastic and supportive of this coming out as anyone on Pinside. But, I have to face facts. The likelihood of this being something that fully works and I can purchase is slim to non-existent.

I'm going back and looking at his overlay of videos for the mod. It is ungodly bloated. He is running contrary to what little I know about software and product design and that is offer a solid, fully functional base mod and then offer improvements, updates or more "deluxe" versions later in the product life cycle. Look at Swinks with his Snackbar mod. He put out v1.0. It worked great, but it wasn't totally what he envisioned. We are on v5.0 and he is closer to what he had ideally in mind. Happy customers and income for Swinks. This ain't that, unfortunately.

I'll still defend that the op owes me nothing, but I've lost interest.

#2155 3 years ago

He probably got bored of all the whining here, because he continues to update progress with his videos on his Facebook.

#2156 3 years ago
Quoted from Sverker670:

He probably got bored of all the whining here, because he continues to update progress with his videos on his Facebook.

yeah, probably because he can block and delete unwanted/complaining comments

#2157 3 years ago

If he ever gets it finished he will be back.

#2158 3 years ago

It's pretty, dare I say, suspicious that he's had a machine this long and still hasn't shown this thing working. I still personally think that's the stumbling block...writing the firmware.

--Donnie

#2159 3 years ago

Looks like people are starting to realise the reality of pinballSP and this mod.

#2160 3 years ago

Video of the "Move your Car" finished.

Today we were discussing the development of the animations for the PAID video. The initial idea has given way to a new one to animate the tickets.

Finally, the tickets will appear in a rain as seen in the attached images, some of these will fall into the water and four of them will reach each of the claws, lighting up the corresponding letter or the four according to the state of the lamps on the board.

There are many additional details to complete the video, the frog, the lizard, the leaves that appear in the foreground, and some birds in the sky will be animated, although as we go we come up with new things to add or some changes.

I think we will finish this video quite quickly to continue with the CREATURE video, for which we also already have ideas. In general, we already have the ideas for all the remaining videos, the current one (PAID) and 8 more, so I think it won't be long before we have finished the complete kit.

ScreenHunter_004.jpgScreenHunter_004.jpgScreenHunter_005.jpgScreenHunter_005.jpgScreenHunter_041.jpgScreenHunter_041.jpgScreenHunter_042.jpgScreenHunter_042.jpg

LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg
#2161 3 years ago

That is way cool. I would really be excited about it because it would just make a cool game even cooler but you still don’t have the mod done. You don’t have any way to play these videos. Don’t get me wrong, I love what you have but your first priority, in my opinion, should be getting the actual mod or player done and working correctly. Show me something I can attach to my game that will play those bad ass vids and I’ll gladly send money.

#2162 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Video of the "Move your Car" finished.

Today we were discussing the development of the animations for the PAID video. The initial idea has given way to a new one to animate the tickets.
Finally, the tickets will appear in a rain as seen in the attached images, some of these will fall into the water and four of them will reach each of the claws, lighting up the corresponding letter or the four according to the state of the lamps on the board.
There are many additional details to complete the video, the frog, the lizard, the leaves that appear in the foreground, and some birds in the sky will be animated, although as we go we come up with new things to add or some changes.
I think we will finish this video quite quickly to continue with the CREATURE video, for which we also already have ideas. In general, we already have the ideas for all the remaining videos, the current one (PAID) and 8 more, so I think it won't be long before we have finished the complete kit.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool, I don’t even have a CFTBL yet (looking for one), but I would definitely purchase a kit.

#2163 3 years ago

If I didn’t already want this the move your car video would make me want it. Hurry up and finish the thing.

#2164 3 years ago

Man, I really hope you can get this mod to work in game, because those videos are awesome.

#2165 3 years ago

I am hoping you get this mod complete this year the videos are top notch.

#2166 3 years ago

Looking great thanks for sharing!

#2167 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If I didn’t already want this the move your car video would make me want it. Hurry up and finish the thing.

It does look cool, but no one playing pinball wants to watch a 23 second long video.

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It does look cool, but no one playing pinball wants to watch a 23 second long video.

I would assume you can still play the game while it is going on.

#2169 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I agree, that's why I only want the "basic" package if it ever gets produced.

#2170 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Maybe it should run for the same length of time as the Move Your Car mode?? not sure how long that is thou ...

#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The mod is as much for bystanders (maybe more) as it is for players. I always got a kick out of people’s reactions when they played my CFTBL.

With that said, I ultimately ended up keeping my mod in hologram mode (less videos), just enjoyed the game play more.

#2172 3 years ago

Yeah, this mod sells because most people have to have *something* because the hologram sucks now, and if you have to have something, this mod is pretty damned cool.

You know, if it actually works.

—Donnie

#2174 3 years ago

You guys crack me up

#2175 3 years ago

I am really enjoying watching these animations come together.
They are so fun and colourful. I love that they take the artwork from the table itself.
They actually make the "CREATURE FOUND" video a little underwhelming. I'm hoping the next video in this list (Titled "CREATURE") is something animated and uses the artwork. Something from the cabinet art maybe. We will see.

Creech (resized).pngCreech (resized).png
#2176 3 years ago

PAID video, finished.

We are already working on a new video, the CREATURE video on the list. This will be number 17 of the 24 of the full package. There are very few left to have it all finished, and these are being designed quite quickly.

We are going to base the CREATURE video on the design of the claw on the side of the cabinet head and to animate it we are going to be inspired by a scene from the movie.

CREATURE_STORYBOARD.jpgCREATURE_STORYBOARD.jpgCREATURE_STORYBOARD2.jpgCREATURE_STORYBOARD2.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg
#2177 3 years ago

Hell yeah! That is what I'm talking about! You just sold me this mod! This is what will set you aside from MikeD's (No offense MikeD).
Will this video be triggered when the creature is found?

#2178 3 years ago

Again the vid is awesome but we have no way to play them on our machines

#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Again the vid is awesome but we have no way to play them on our machines

That's why the OP bought his own CFTBL so he could install and test this mod himself--and show us how it works. Should be back up and running by now, right?

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That's why the OP bought his own CFTBL so he could install and test this mod himself--and show us how it works. Should be back up and running by now, right?

Should be

#2181 3 years ago
Quoted from 113th:

Will this video be triggered when the creature is found?

CREATURE is the video triggered for the status of the Creature text lamps in the backbox. This occurs when you shoot the left ramp with the "Creature feature" lamp on.

The "Creature Found" video has been made a long time ago (fifth on the video list), although there are plans to make one more using the 3D design we made of the creature.

I attach images of the vectorizations that we are doing for this CREATURE video. The design is already well advanced because some drawings were vectorized a long time ago, and parts of previous designs are also reused.

We have also created the storyboard for the next video, which will be the FILM video (last image attached). Here we will use our own design of cinema movie camera based on the playfield but improved, the pink Cadillac of the playfileld and the film tape with the FILM text.

ScreenHunter_074.jpgScreenHunter_074.jpgScreenHunter_080.jpgScreenHunter_080.jpgScreenHunter_076.jpgScreenHunter_076.jpgScreenHunter_086.jpgScreenHunter_086.jpg
ScreenHunter_117.jpgScreenHunter_117.jpgScreenHunter_118.jpgScreenHunter_118.jpgScreenHunter_115.jpgScreenHunter_115.jpgScreenHunter_134.jpgScreenHunter_134.jpg

#2182 3 years ago

You know, I have decided that you are a cruel, sick bastard. You show us these awesome videos but we have nothing to play them on.

#2183 3 years ago

First animation tests of the CREATURE video, it consists of two scenes as you can see. There is still much to fix and improve until we reach the final result.

On the other hand, to develop and test the firmware on my workbench, I have mounted everything on a wooden table, holding the plates with screws and leaving all the cables connected. I have also added two L-brackets that hold a DMD upright. In this table is the original CPU, the Holomodsp board connected to the CPU, the DMD controller board, and my CPU TEST board to verify with LEDs the status of all the lamps, flashers, motors and bumpers of the game board.

The whole set is very compact and ready to use, so I don't waste time connecting plates and keeping everything loose and messy on the work table.

I also mounted a second Holomodsp board to install it together with the entire kit, permanently on my Creature machine. The development and first tests I always do on my desk, it is much more comfortable, I have the computer there and I can program and verify the firmware. Then I can bring the new firmware to the machine kit with micro SD cards, one for the Holomodsp board and one for the Raspberry.

TEST_CPU_003.jpgTEST_CPU_003.jpg
TEST_CPU_001.jpgTEST_CPU_001.jpg

#2184 3 years ago

Still following.

#2185 3 years ago

Getting closer ... looking forward to seeing this running!

#2186 3 years ago

Or, rather than the bench, you could install it in the game.

#2187 3 years ago

This looks promising

#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Or, rather than the bench, you could install it in the game.

No no... what he needs now is a wifi controller... so he can upload that software over the network

Look for the new board revision soon!

#2189 3 years ago

Cant wait for this to be finished, then everyone will be in a mad scramble to acquire a creech. I can then sell mine for top dollar.

#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Cant wait for this to be finished, then everyone will be in a mad scramble to acquire a creech. I can then sell mine for top dollar.

08E54F4E-ADBB-4BB8-931F-0FF972817C51 (resized).jpeg08E54F4E-ADBB-4BB8-931F-0FF972817C51 (resized).jpeg
#2191 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No no... what he needs now is a wifi controller... so he can upload that software over the network
Look for the new board revision soon!

Why stop at WiFi when you can have bluetooth too?
Then he can work on an app for your phone so you can see the animations on your phone.
Can this board look after high scores ?
You could have an online high score board too via the app?

#2192 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display

pinballSP just license this guys hardware/software or sell him the videos

#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display

Let's not get ahead of ourselves - that's not quite out yet either!

#2194 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

But it is running in a real pinball machine so that alone puts it 10 years ahead of this mod! Also look at the price. I think they have the price bang on. The price of this creech mod ain't gonna be close (for basically the same product just different videos)

#2195 3 years ago

pinballsp is out of the game in 3..2..1..

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

True, but the guy that builds it has a reputation and a well known and working programming business specialized at pinball programming services.
He announced it and i'm pretty sure it works as intended right from the start.

I recommend to sell the videos to that guy and and stop wasting time and money on this mod.

#2196 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

He noted that a "7 inch display would work perfectly with this programming". There is hope yet!

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Why stop at WiFi when you can have bluetooth too?

#2198 3 years ago

My poor Creech needs this badly!

#2199 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

¡Mi pobre Creech necesita esto urgentemente!

I think you can have it soon, we only have 6 videos left to fully finish the product.

CREATURE video finished. Music and special effects were added, quite a few corrections were also made in the second scene about the movements of the paw, the footprint it leaves and the insects.

We started working on the next video, which will be the FILM video, and there will only be 6 more videos to be done, really 5 since the left ramp and right ramp are the same with small variations.

We are very close to the end and the product will be completely finished and ready to be offered.

LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg

#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I think you can have it soon, we only have 6 videos left to fully finish the product.

CREATURE video finished. Music and special effects were added, quite a few corrections were also made in the second scene about the movements of the paw, the footprint it leaves and the insects.
We started working on the next video, which will be the FILM video, and there will only be 6 more videos to be done, really 5 since the left ramp and right ramp are the same with small variations.
We are very close to the end and the product will be completely finished and ready to be offered.

[quoted image]

I've been following on Youtube. I'm purposely not playing my creech hardly at all till your kit is finally complete. Keep up the good work well waiting for!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.