CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 62.
#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I’ll bet 50 that he gets it finished.

How about an over under. I'll bet 50 it's not done by the end of this year.

Just having a little fun. I hope for those interested, he gets it done.

But I'm serious on the bet.

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I think it is getting done too... I wouldn't put $50 on it though Whether it meets expectations or not is a whole other topic.

#2003 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I'll take that bet, make it $100 (and it has to work properly and not be total garbage lol)

1 week later
#2004 3 years ago

Final version of the Jackpot video. Some fixes were made on fish and bubbles, added new sound effects, added a new dissolve effect on the Jackpot logo.

We have already started working on a new video, the "Extra Ball" video.

1 week later
#2005 3 years ago

#2006 3 years ago

So, did you get your CFTBL yet pinballsp?

#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Entonces, ¿ obtuviste tu CFTBL todavía pinballsp?

Yes, last week the machine arrived.

I have cleaned and removed various items from a room, to place the machine and be able to work. It is already assembled, since it had to be brought with the head separated from the cabinet to be able to put it in the elevator (here very small elevators, an entire machine does not fit), I only need now to connect all the cables of the machine head and it is ready for tests, photos and videos.

Creature_001.jpgCreature_001.jpgCreature_002.jpgCreature_002.jpgCreature_003.jpgCreature_003.jpgCreature_004.jpgCreature_004.jpgCreature_005.jpgCreature_005.jpgCreature_006.jpgCreature_006.jpg

#2008 3 years ago

And we continue working on the video for "Extra Ball", with sketches and possible story boards.

BOCETO_EXTRA_BALL_001.jpgBOCETO_EXTRA_BALL_001.jpgBOCETO_EXTRA_BALL_002.jpgBOCETO_EXTRA_BALL_002.jpgBOCETO_EXTRA_BALL_003.jpgBOCETO_EXTRA_BALL_003.jpg
#2009 3 years ago

I don’t own a CFTBL (I don’t particularly like the game although I do love the theming and art) but why has the hologram never been reproduced ?
What is so special about it ?

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I don’t own a CFTBL (I don’t particularly like the game although I do love the theming and art) but why has the hologram never been reproduced ?
What is so special about it ?

Both IPB and Planetary have made repro holograms in the past, the challenge is that these true holograms are expensive to manufacture. Even then, some of the IPB holograms were defective and turned red or yellow quite quickly, whereas I understand that the Planetary version was better - not sure if Planetary are planning on producing more in the future. There have also been some cheaper repros produced but they aren't true holograms as such and are not as good.

In addition, several LCD holo mods have been produced over the years, so it just depends upon what you're after.

#2011 3 years ago

Also, from what I've read, you need a model of the Creature to produce a hologram from. I remember reading that the original Creature model used for the original Williams/Bally hologram is now in the hands of someone who is not willing to loan it out or let it be used to make an accurate reproduction hologram. Therefore, the latest hologram reproductions used a different Creature model and are not completely true to the original hologram. Better than nothing though I believe was the general consensus.

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Also, from what I've read, you need a model of the Creature to produce a hologram from. I remember reading that the original Creature model used for the original Williams/Bally hologram is now in the hands of someone who is not willing to loan it out or let it be used to make an accurate reproduction hologram. Therefore, the latest hologram reproductions used a different Creature model and are not completely true to the original hologram. Better than nothing though I believe was the general consensus.

Someone has one but he won’t let anyone use it.

#2013 3 years ago

a reasonable alt model was created and used - just the holograms made from that effort failed and I forget why that project just died. Pretty sure those holograms faded quickly.

#2014 3 years ago

I believe pinballcenter.de ,sells these

#2015 3 years ago

The design for the video of the Extra Ball is already defined. It is based on drawings and colors of the backboard of the machine with colors Yellow, Orange, Violet, White, Black and Green for the paw.

Animation is now being created. Based on the DMD animation, a pinball ball appears, approaching until it reaches the scene of the lake with the boat, from which the paw of the Creature emerges from under the water and catches the ball. There are quite a few special effects that need to be added to create an eye-catching video, like the other ones done so far.

I hope this video is finished next week. And having my own Creature machine here, I think it will be time to test everything, make photos for the manual and videos to show the product working on the machine.

extra_ball_OK_000.jpgextra_ball_OK_000.jpg

extra_ball_OK_005.jpgextra_ball_OK_005.jpg

zarpas_escenario.jpgzarpas_escenario.jpg

#2016 3 years ago

I like the colours used in the extra ball clip - looks great!

Will the lagoon decals on the PF window (https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=31-1711-5) look a little odd with some of the video clips? Or are these going to need to be removed??

Look forward to seeing the videos in the machine

#2017 3 years ago

Do you have your machine set up yet? If so a video of it working should soon be ready?

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Do you have your machine set up yet? If so a video of it working should soon be ready?

See pinballsp post 2 up from yours - "I hope this video is finished next week. And having my own Creature machine here, I think it will be time to test everything, make photos for the manual and videos to show the product working on the machine." ... so hopefully the end of next week??

#2019 3 years ago

Put me down for a pre order!

#2020 3 years ago

That looks great!

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

See pinballsp post 2 up from yours - "I hope this video is finished next week. And having my own Creature machine here, I think it will be time to test everything, make photos for the manual and videos to show the product working on the machine." ... so hopefully the end of next week??

That would be nice. So many questions on the functionality of this mod? Looks amazing, but until you see it working in an actual machine...

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I like the colours used in the extra ball clip - looks great!
Will the lagoon decals on the PF window (https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=31-1711-5) look a little odd with some of the video clips? Or are these going to need to be removed??

I do not know, when I try it and make the videos it will look as it is, and each one decides whether to keep or remove the decals. I also do not know if it is difficult to remove these decals.

#2023 3 years ago

The graphic designer continues working with the video, now vectorizing the claw catching the ball. It seems that this video is one of the most complex, with 89 layers of drawings, necessary to later animate everything with After Effects.

Meanwhile, today I dedicated myself to connecting all the cables of my Creature. It was not very complicated, although I have found several botched fixes from the previous owner, which I want to fix for security and to leave the machine well finished. Several screw splicers are seen on three cables, which I will remove, solder the cables, and coat them with heat shrink. The 11-pin J120 has been replaced by two broken pieces of connector, and also all the wiring is cut and spliced with electrical tape and without respecting the colors of the cables. 9-pin J134 of which only 2 pins remain and the cable is loose. Fortunately I have the connectors and also a crimping tool, I only need the heat shrink sleeve that I have already ordered online today.

maquina_007.jpgmaquina_007.jpgmaquina_006.jpgmaquina_006.jpg

maquina_001.jpgmaquina_001.jpgmaquina_002.jpgmaquina_002.jpgmaquina_003.jpgmaquina_003.jpgmaquina_004.jpgmaquina_004.jpgmaquina_005.jpgmaquina_005.jpg

#2024 3 years ago

Vectorized and colored of the paw in its two positions, the initial one emerging from the lake and the one to catch the ball, I am waiting for the first version of the video of the Extra Ball.

Meanwhile, I have dedicated myself to fine-tuning my Creature for the kit tests, checking all the wiring and organizing the wiring harnesses. I have crimped a new J134 connector, because the old one was in very bad condition, broken and with only 2 pins out of the 9 of the original connector. The J120 connector I have not replaced yet, I am waiting to receive the shrink sleeve to remove some screw splices from other cables, and at the same time I will crimp a new J120, this one takes a lot more work because I have to remove all the splices that the previous one did owner with electrical tape and without respecting the colors of the original cables, some pretty sloppy arrangements. Although the machine can work I don't like to keep it like that.

creature_000.jpgcreature_000.jpgcreature_006.jpgcreature_006.jpg
creature_009.jpgcreature_009.jpgcreature_008.jpgcreature_008.jpgcreature_007.jpgcreature_007.jpg

creature_001.jpgcreature_001.jpgcreature_002.jpgcreature_002.jpgcreature_003.jpgcreature_003.jpgcreature_004.jpgcreature_004.jpgcreature_005.jpgcreature_005.jpg

#2025 3 years ago

Ahhh that wrench on the bare pf is gonna give me nightmares lol plz put a towel down

#2026 3 years ago

I am thinking the same thing.

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Ahhh that wrench on the bare pf is gonna give me nightmares lol plz put a towel down

+1 LOL, I cringed when I saw that too ... I guess each to their own

I like the IDC insertion tool, I've not seen one like that before

#2028 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the actual HW in action.

#2029 3 years ago

Molex with Trifuron crims are what I would use.

Added over 4 years ago:

i meant crimps

Added over 4 years ago:

A nice Trifurcon crimp tool goes for around $25.00 USD. IDC sucks!

#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

+1 LOL, I cringed when I saw that too ... I guess each to their own
I like the IDC insertion tool, I've not seen one like that before

Pinball Life sells them also. Great tool to have!

https://www.pinballlife.com/pancon-156-idc-termination-tool.html

#2031 3 years ago

First animation tests for the video of the Extra Ball, there is still much to do, modify and add until the final version.

The creature's claw should come out from under the lake surface (not as seen now) as soon as the ball approaches the end point and will catch it, then the Extra Ball text will appear and animate. Many modifications still need to be made to increase the distance traveled by the ball, we will have to expand the background scene, both in front increasing the distance from the lake shore to the paw, and drawing more background scenery.

Various special effects will be added when the claw catches the ball. We have to change the color of the foreground vegetation that now comes out black as it hides the outline of the mask that shapes the board hole. We also need to animate the reflections and movements of the water. The music has yet to be defined to synchronize everything.

In summary, this is only a small sketch, there is much to do, but once the ideas are defined, the designer works quite quickly.

#2032 3 years ago

Please, please, please, for the love of god, after three years, show us something working and not just more videos.

#2033 3 years ago

$100! Dang. I’ll keep using my T handle one and trifurcon for full replacements.

#2034 3 years ago

#2035 3 years ago

The video is being improved. We have managed to increase the distance of the ball's trajectory until reaching the paw, also now the trajectory is more linear, stable and realistic, the reflections and the rotation of the ball are corrected, the depth of the animation scene is extended.

There is still a lot to correct and add. For now it is the most complex video of all those made for the kit. But step by step, with tests and the meetings that I have online, through Zoom, with the designer, we are getting closer to the desired result.

On the other hand, I have already received the heat shrink sleeve, which I ordered, to remove various badly made splices in the machine wiring, and I have also prepared the replacement for the J120 connector and the crimp tool. In this way the machine will be in perfect condition for all tests.

TERMO_001.jpgTERMO_001.jpgTERMO_002.jpgTERMO_002.jpg
#2036 3 years ago

Get the mod working. You are just wasting money on videos if the thing wont work.

#2037 3 years ago

2020,2021,2022, 2023,2024 post #16,378 ....tweaking the colors on the match video, correcting the size of the fonts. Waiting for the leg levelers I have on back order so I can mount the display.....

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

2020,2021,2022, 2023,2024 post #16,378 ....tweaking the colors on the match video, correcting the size of the fonts. Waiting for the leg levelers I have on back order so I can mount the display.....

Deffo a full Creech restore coming

#2039 3 years ago

why are you building a cartoon into your playfield?

Keep it simple and clean, its pinball no time to watch a movie whilst flipping.

#2040 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

why are you building a cartoon into your playfield?
Keep it simple and clean, its pinball no time to watch a movie whilst flipping.

I don't see the point of this opinion. This is not different that animations on the DMD, or in later machines, LCD screen. It's just that a player can actually see these without taking his/her eyes off of the playfield during play. I you wanna keep it clean, then have no hologram.

#2041 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I don't see the point of this opinion. This is not different that animations on the DMD, or in later machines, LCD screen. It's just that a player can actually see these without taking his/her eyes off of the playfield during play. I you wanna keep it clean, then have no hologram.

Yes but this is adding even more animations and then some more ...and some more.....
I just think it was a cool and simple mod, but by now its becoming a complete tv show in the playfield,
But hey... just my opinion and it has no point, just an opinion.
Lots of people post opinions on forums these days you know, thought i try it out.

Havent you got one to share?

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Yes but this is adding even more animations and then some more ...and some more.....
I just think it was a cool and simple mod, but by now its becoming a complete tv show in the playfield,

I think this is why the OP is looking to offer different packages:

BASIC Package ------- 5 videos (see list of videos), 395 Euros
MEDIUM Package ---- 10 videos (see list of videos), 479 Euros
FULL Package -------- 24 videos (see list of videos), 535 Euros

Holo Videos (resized).jpgHolo Videos (resized).jpg
#2043 3 years ago

I love all the different videos but if the mod doesn't function properly then all the videos are wasted.

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Yes, last week the machine arrived.

I have cleaned and removed various items from a room, to place the machine and be able to work. It is already assembled, since it had to be brought with the head separated from the cabinet to be able to put it in the elevator (here very small elevators, an entire machine does not fit), I only need now to connect all the cables of the machine head and it is ready for tests, photos and videos.

Two weeks ago... it was only connecting the cables...

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm waiting for "The shrink wrap was the wrong size, and the manufacturer in China said he will not make more of this particular color for 6 weeks. I'm also trying to source a titanium plumb bob for the tilt mech. I should have this up and running in 8 weeks or so--but that gives me more time to tinker with the videos--so a big win for everyone!"

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Are you aware of any deadline?
Are you an investor of this project?

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Are you aware of any deadline?
Are you an investor of this project?

So you know the answer to those questions already... this is a public forum... if you put yourself out there and you use it to advertise your products then you have to deal with the peanut gallery... and to his credit pinballsp is a champ! He has this innate ability to completely ignore his detractors, it’s rather remarkable honestly. So... if it doesn’t bother him... then I’d suggest you try not to let it bother you.

#2048 3 years ago

He hasn’t taken any deposits or pre-order money as far as I know, so he can take as long as he wants to bring his product to market... he doesn’t owe the peanut gallery a thing.

#2049 3 years ago

I'm actually enjoying watching these videos come together.

#2050 3 years ago

The insane amount of attention given to the process reminds me of back in the day when you watched the super-exhaustive bonus features in a special edition DVD. I like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

10,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 27.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/41?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.