CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 62.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Now I am focused on finishing the hologram kit at once. As soon as I finish It, I continue with the rest of the pending projects, Advanced coloring for the DMDs, 128x16 DMDs and the LED and video bumpers.
On the bumpers, the one you refer to is practically finished, because it is not very complicated. Although the controller board is what was missing to be programmed, but it would be very similar to what I'm doing for the hologram kit, only without using a Raspberry board, so as soon as I finish the hologram kit I will also have the controller board practically ready for those LED bumpers.
I also started, a long time ago, the design of these interactive bumpers with round video screens, these are quite more complex, but they would use the same controller board. I can put on sale first those that work with LEDs, and finish those that use video screens that can take me a little longer to finish, due to the complexity.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-video-bumper-cap-by-pinballsp

Very cool. I hadn't seen this thread. Thank you for pointing me to it. I hope one of these projects is completed soon!

#1952 3 years ago

A new advance in the design of the Jackpot video. There are still things to modify and add, but we are getting closer to the final version. As soon as we finish this video, we will start with the "Extra Ball" video, for which we already have a story board and a few ideas that we developed long ago.

As for the purchase of a pinball Creature to have it here and be able to do my own tests, the deal is practically closed. I am waiting to know the dimensions of the cabinet and the machine head, because it will probably have to be disassembled in two parts, to be able to get it into my house, since the elevators are not large enough to fit the entire machine.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

As for the purchase of a pinball Creature to have it here and be able to do my own tests, the deal is practically closed. I am waiting to know the dimensions of the cabinet and the machine head, because it will probably have to be disassembled in two parts, to be able to get it into my house, since the elevators are not large enough to fit the entire machine.

These websites shows you all the various sizes of a WPC machine https://www.flippers.be/basics/101_pinball_dimensions.html and http://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0473.html

The easiest way to get it into your place might be to fold and strap the headbox down (750mm height from cabinet base to top of folded head), stand the machine on it's end (removing the legs) - the headbox is the widest part at 740mm. A trolley will be able to get it into the elevator if the doorway is at least 750mm wide

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

According to http://www.pinballowners.com/planeta9999 you own 29 machines and don´t know the dimensions of a standard WPC cabinet ?

#1955 3 years ago

Headbox down will fit in a elevator if it does not, daaaaam that’s a small elevator lol

Then measure your doors for 29inch, I had to take doors off frame in my UK house to fit head through without removing it. You can also just remove headbox hinge bolts and twist slightly if it does not fit.

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

According to http://www.pinballowners.com/planeta9999 you own 29 machines and don´t know the dimensions of a standard WPC cabinet ?

As of 2013...

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

...As for the purchase of a pinball Creature to have it here and be able to do my own tests, the deal is practically closed....

Nothing is ever for certain, always promises coupled with some wiggle room.

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Nothing is ever for certain, always promises coupled with some wiggle room.

It’s almost like that’s the best way to keep all of us here this long.

I predict he’ll get his own CFTBL, but it won’t be before the end of the year (setup and in his place, I mean). This mod won’t get sold before he gets his own CFTBL, either. How long after he gets it setup is anyone’s best guess, but at this rate I say we’re at least a year or more out. And even once it does start getting sold, it still won’t be fully functional then, if ever.

I actually want to be proven wrong. But his other projects combined with the fact that this one still has that mystery question of “will it work” with the way he’s triggering events make me think probably no. He’ll get bored and start the next project before this one actually gets completed, just like with the DMD.

—Donnie

#1959 3 years ago

I don’t understand the colourless dmd, from all the updates the editing software is done? Why pay some one to write you a bit of software to just sit on it? I can only imagine op could not get it to work with his device firmware and gave up on it?

#1960 3 years ago

I was at one time interested in this mod but have lost all interest. It wont be long before this thread is drained.

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I was at one time interested in this mod but have lost all interest. It wont be long before this thread is drained.

Rapidly getting there myself.

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Lost all interest?
Somehow you are still here. You want this - we know, you know.

#1963 3 years ago

I have a pretty good hologram, still green, functions. And yet I am interested in this mod, but if and when it does get released, I am beginning to worry about the cost. It will be hard for me to justify spending big bucks when I already have a working hologram.

Regardless, I will continue to root for pinballsp to complete this. I will stick with the thread, and his other projects for now no matter how long they take. He has more talent, skill and experience than me, so I feel like I am at least learning some things along the way.

My unsolicited advice though is to stop worrying about perfectionism - it's coming at the price of the good (to paraphrase Voltaire).

#1964 3 years ago

Salut,
I really do not understand what some of you are complaining about here.
Sure, this is taking long, but the only person who has invested time and money into this so far is pinballsp.
He will need to judge when he is ready to release this and I'm convinced if something goes wrong once it is sold, it will be the same who are now saying "come on, release it", who will shout first that this mod is not working as promised/expected.

I would regret if this mod is abandoned or turns out to be too expensive, but this is all pinballsp's decision and we cannot do anything against it.

So lets be patient, hope we will get this for X-max (it will be much easier to tell my wife if it is a Christmas present ) and everybody is free to decide to wait or to drop interest. Just stop to tell that he should release when you want it, as he defines his own deadline keeping all HIS constraints in mind (wanted quality, level of completion, time, etc).
I'm sure he knows that "golden plating dev" risks to never release and in this case he will lost all his investments done so far.

Cheers and have a nice day everybody.

#1965 3 years ago

my 2 cents (for what it's worth)
the hologram was something new and special for bally/williams and it did *one* thing; it lit up when it needed to and that was it. it also did so at a point in the game when the ball was [captured] for an instance (and in the subway) so that you could enjoy the [clawing] motion that the subtle bending of the hologram provided

this mod (and mike dallas' before it) kind of went way over the top and are really more of a distraction mod. given the position of the mod, it's really only something that the player can see and doesn't provide any "eye candy" for spectators (unless they're leering over the player's shoulder

finally, for all the time and effort that pinballsp is putting into the animations, these are something that will quickly lose their [wow] factor after the first few times that they've been played.

again, just my opinion

#1966 3 years ago

I agree with JM. While the package is great, this mod is getting to the point of being seriously over-engineered. A replacement for folks with no/bad holograms is much needed. All the bells and whistles will be seen very little during the game. If there is a pause in the game, like a ball lock or start of multi-ball, when a feature can be appreciate by a player, it makes sense. Otherwise, it's just sensory overload and it distracts me from what I came to do... play pinball.

#1967 3 years ago

Would much rather have a working green hologram rather than this mod. The LCD and fancy animations do not jive well with the theme in my opinion. But it's a good option for people who have nothing.

edit: further explanation... I kept my game at stock in terms of lighting as dull/warm fits the game like a glove. Chuck a bright LCD in that with multiple animations/triggers and things start to get messy

#1968 3 years ago

#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the hologram was something new and special for bally/williams and it did *one* thing; it lit up when it needed to and that was it. it also did so at a point in the game when the ball was [captured] for an instance (and in the subway) so that you could enjoy the [clawing] motion that the subtle bending of the hologram provided
this mod (and mike dallas' before it) kind of went way over the top and are really more of a distraction mod. given the position of the mod, it's really only something that the player can see and doesn't provide any "eye candy" for spectators (unless they're leering over the player's shoulder
finally, for all the time and effort that pinballsp is putting into the animations, these are something that will quickly lose their [wow] factor after the first few times that they've been played.
again, just my opinion

Agree, I think the black lagoon should stay black and only one in a while reveal its dangerous secret. With this mod it is becoming a non stop television commercial, drawing attention and nothing special anymore. I need less screens in my pinball machines and more mechanical wow.

#1970 3 years ago

I love my Mike D mod in my CFTBL. I think it is well integrated with the game play. Creature is one of my most fun pins to play. The Mike D mod adds to my enjoyment.

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Lost all interest?
Somehow you are still here. You want this - we know, you know.

I am just here to see how it all comes together. I had the Mike D mod in mine and did not like the distraction that it had so I removed it. I wont be buying one but am interested what others think of it.

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

again, just my opinion

He explained several times:
BASIC, 5 videos
MEDIUM, 10 videos
FULL, 24 videos

#1973 3 years ago

Here’s a thought. Instead of nothing where the lagoon is have a video of a dark lagoon with dark water and glimpses of dark scary things lurking in it.

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

He explained several times:
BASIC, 5 videos
MEDIUM, 10 videos
FULL, 24 videos

Worth noting that 2 of the 5 basic videos have nothing to do with game play and won't be seen past initial boot AFAIK, one video is a loop of the game title and 2 are actually related to game play.

BASIC, 5 videos, 439.42 USD
HALF, 10 videos, 532.80 USD
FULL, 24 videos, 595.09 USD

How does this thread not have key posts in it?

#1975 3 years ago

24 videos and nothing to play them you guys will be buying a $600 .zip file

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Worth noting that 2 of the 5 basic videos have nothing to do with game play and won't be seen past initial boot AFAIK, one video is a loop of the game title and 2 are actually related to game play.
HALF, 10 videos, 532.80 USD
FULL, 24 videos, 595.09 USD
How does this thread not have key posts in it?

I see.
Too many videos: problem.
Only 2 videos: problem.

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I see.
Too many videos: problem.
Only 2 videos: problem.

I believe the point was that the thread lacks key posts to find information, not that the basic mod costs $146.47 per game play video.

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

not that the basic mod costs $146.47 per game play video.

False - and nobody said that. Hardware is not free of charge.
Looks like this thread is a magnet for jealous negative "pinheads".

#1979 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

2 of the 5 videos not being game play related means 3 are.
439.43 divided by 3 is 146.47

Quoted from Davi:

False - and nobody said that. Hardware is not free of charge.

I'd say its a magnet for people who are bad at reading comprehension and or mathematics.

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Let them buy a Stern topper for more.....

#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

You've been on Pinside for 3 years, this can't be news to you, I've said plenty of positive things in this thread, I don't see my post as negative. I still think this thread needs keypost

Quoted from spfxted:

Let them buy a Stern topper for more.....

I just bought a GOT Topper and love it! Trying my damndest to resist the Jurassic Park one

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

2 of the 5 videos not being game play related means 3 are.
439.43 divided by 3 is 146.47

I'd say its a magnet for people who are bad at reading comprehension and or mathematics.

I see... According to this logic, if a Ford F150 costs $28k, price of one wheel is $7k.

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I see... According to this logic, if a Ford F150 costs $28k, price of one wheel is $7k.

You don't buy a truck to just get wheels tho

This thing you buy just to play videos...

#1984 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't buy a truck to just get wheels tho
This thing you buy just to play videos...

That's correct, I agree. But the hardware is a must, his product is not just the video.

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

That's correct, I agree. But the hardware is a must, his product is not just the video.

So you clearly understand math, but not the reading comprehension part. Its possible you are not a Native English speaker, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If you aren't I'm sure your English is still better than my Hungarian.

Can we agree the basic mod is 439.42 USD?
Can we agree that the basic mod comes with 5 videos?
Can we agree that of those 5 videos, 3 are game play videos?

If we can agree on those points then you can take the total investment and divide by 3. Thats what it will cost someone to add 3 game play videos to their CFTBL pin using this in terms of a per video cost. Its not saying you are paying that much for a video clip, or the cost of a clip on top of hardware.

I am not negative, I am not jealous, and Im definitely not a pinhead. We have gone off on a bit of a tanget and I hope Ive clarified my post. Point remains there arent any posts flagged as key in this thread.

#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I hope Ive clarified my post.

"It's a distraction mod - overengineered"
"It's a mod with 3 videos"

Luckily, we have options:
-3 packages
-keep our other aftermarket mod
-keep our nice/faded hologram.

Nothing is mandatory. It's an option. That's my point. I hope I've clarified my post.

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

"It's a distraction mod - overengineered"
"It's a mod with 3 videos"
Luckily, we have options:
-3 packages
-keep our other aftermarket mod
-keep our nice/faded hologram.
Nothing is mandatory. It's an option. That's my point. I hope I've clarified my post.

At this current point in time there are 2 options. First one isn't an option... yet!

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I hope I've clarified my post

Yes, petty name calling and bad reading comprehension. I got it the first time.

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Yes, petty name calling and bad reading comprehension. I got it the first time.

Up to you. As you are here, hopefully you would like to buy this mod it in the future.

#1990 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Up to you. As you are here, hopefully you would like to buy this mod it in the future.

I think there are many of us here for the train wreck we just can’t look away from.

—Donnie

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

I think there are many of us here for the train wreck we just can’t look away from.
—Donnie

I see it more like a bad movie you have to watch until the end. Even though you know the end is going to suck.

#1992 3 years ago

We continue working on the video of the Jackpot. We added music synchronized with the logo that shows the Jackpot text. Several new effects, bubbles, a second diver, and some fish have been added.

There are still things to correct and add. The logo must end with a dissolution effect, it is already done but the designer forgot to include it in the rendering. The fish that were added at the end are not right, they are too big, and they are not placed in the corresponding layer so they appear to be gigantic. The bubble effect does not appear in sync and it is not the type of bubble I wanted either. Some more sound effects are going to be added.

However, there is little left, I think that in the next update, with the additions and corrections that I indicated to the designer, it will be finished. And we will start with a new video from the list, the "Extra Ball".

As for the purchase of the Creature machine for my tests, the deal is already closed, the seller has been checking the machine, in general it was fine, he only had to change a spring of one of the flippers and check that everything works, since the machine was in operation, I think in a pinball fan club.

I update the Jackpot video thumbnail in the video list. The previous video of the Jackpot will be available, but disabled by default, it can be enabled in the configuration file, for those who want to use it.

LISTA_VIDEOS_p_.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_p_.jpg

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

—Donnie

Slowest train crash in history though

#1994 3 years ago

Has he ever finished a mod? Just curious.

#1995 3 years ago

Best I can figure, he took 2 years to do 9 videos plus 2 test videos. With 11 left, I figure this should be ready by Christmas 2023.

#1996 3 years ago

But the content he has done looks awesome.

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I need less screens in my pinball machines and more mechanical wow.

This this and once more..... this.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Has he ever finished a mod? Just curious.

If you look into his shop on facebook there are only projects which rely on the development of others and where he took only the publicly available schematics and made his own pcb design of it.
DMDMK66 = https://github.com/ecurtz/RGB_DMD
DMDST32 = PIN2DMD
VIDEOSP 192x64 = SEGA DMD Controller pcb design converted to SMD
TESTER CPU BALLY/Williams = switchmatrix and lampmatrix connected to buttons and LEDs

Afaik not one project has been finished where he had to do the software development.

Quoted from robotron911:

But the content he has done looks awesome.

That is true, but it is the work of a graphic designer he hired.

#1999 3 years ago

We will probably end up with a great cftbl cartoon movie in 2022

#2000 3 years ago

I’ll bet 50 that he gets it finished.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 45.95
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 24.00
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.