CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 62.
#151 7 years ago

Interested

#152 7 years ago

Interested

#153 7 years ago

VERY interested!

#154 7 years ago

Board assembled, and ready to develop firmware and videos, at any rate I have do some modifications to final design and send today to manufacturer.

modsp_002.jpgmodsp_002.jpg
modsp_003.jpgmodsp_003.jpg
ScreenHunter_003.jpgScreenHunter_003.jpg
ScreenHunter_004.jpgScreenHunter_004.jpg
ScreenHunter_002.jpgScreenHunter_002.jpg
ScreenHunter_005.jpgScreenHunter_005.jpg

#155 7 years ago

So we can develop our own videos for this as well? As a graphic/video designer I would love this!

#156 7 years ago

One more picture, this to see how MODSP board connect to pinball CPU, very easy and fast, plug and play. Only need connect also a flat cable 2x8 from MODSP board to output connector in CPU with a small board adapter, and the power supply cable to 12VDC.

modsp_004.jpgmodsp_004.jpg

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

So we can develop our own videos for this as well? As a graphic/video designer I would love this!

Yes, of course, you may add your own videos in AVI or MP4 (full HD resolution) and store in USB pendrive connected to Raspberry.

There is a text file, stored in USB pendrive, to set the playback of videos according to the trigger of an event (playfield switch, lamp, bumpers, flasher lamp, motor, etc...)

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Board assembled, and ready to develop firmware and videos, at any rate I have do some modifications to final design and send today to manufacturer.

Excellent work. Let me know if I can help about 3D printing of proto or serial parts (Pi case, etc), or about European PCB manufacturing.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Excellent work. Let me know if I can help about 3D printing of proto or serial parts (Pi case, etc), or about European PCB manufacturing.

This gets better and better

#160 7 years ago

Two more pictures to see where connect the flat cable (2x8 in final version), this is to read status about all ouputs, 32 direct outputs for all bumpers, flashers, motors, etc... and lamp matrix 8x8, up to 64 lamps. Flat cable connect to CPU J211 with a small adapter.

Also in pictures, two options to connect HDMI video cable, one with a 270 degree adapter and standar HDMI cable, and another with a 270 degre HDMI cable. I think the best option will be the 270 degree cable, to avoid that may touch with the speaker frontal panel.

I still have to check the proper length of the cables (HDMI and power supply for the TFT), I think 2m. will be enough.

modsp_005.jpgmodsp_005.jpg
modsp_006.jpgmodsp_006.jpg

#161 7 years ago

Very slick looking!

#162 7 years ago

If Stern and JJP and the other pinball companies would handle their business like this man everyone would be a lot happier. He did he would do it and he is working on it and showing the progress every step of the way. We know what it will look like and how it will function and have some idea when it will be available. I would have felt a lot better having given my money to JJP if he would have kept us in the loop like this. I am enjoying watching this product develop and I can't wait to own one.

#163 7 years ago

Very cool, i want one! But is it only me not understanding fully, but do this really stick out from CPU board its full lenght? Conected to 209 211 and hdmi cable plugged in would it not get heavy so connectors at cpu board would possably bend? Maybe i missed something?

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from hedghog:

Very cool, i want one! But is it only me not understanding fully, but do this really stick out from CPU board its full lenght? Conected to 209 211 and hdmi cable plugged in would it not get heavy so connectors at cpu board would possably bend? Maybe i missed something?

If required, may add spacers (metal, plastic, rubber) between Raspberry and bottom of cabinet. It's not a problem now, final details I will check in machine.

Also may attach the Raspberry cables to other pinball cables with plastic flanges, to reduce the weight on the board. And the flat cable from J211, does not add weight, but lightens it, because hold the boards.

There are options to solve that problem, if really is a problem.

#165 7 years ago

This is looking awesome ! I can't wait to see and purchase the finished product !!

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

If required, may add spacers (metal, plastic, rubber) between Raspberry and bottom of cabinet. It's not a problem now, final details I will check in machine.
Also may attach the Raspberry cables to other pinball cables with plastic flanges, to reduce the weight on the board. And the flat cable from J211, does not add weight, but lightens it, because hold the boards.
There are options to solve that problem, if really is a problem.

Not only heavy... but lacking the required space between the CPU board and the speaker panel in front of it in the head. I always thought those connectors on the design were just there to be cut off after the fab.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not only heavy... but lacking the required space between the CPU board and the speaker panel in front of it in the head. I always thought those connectors on the design were just there to be cut off after the fab.

No problem about it, in last PCB revision I have reduced width from 76.5mm to 72mm, I have moved the connectors 6mm (so total reduce width about 10mm) and may reduce even more if need. Real board in pictures is not final product, but a prototype to develop software and videos.

Dimensions of board it is not my priority now, a friend will check in his Creature to see if need reduce again more the width, even may I do a double vertical adapter board to keep only width of the Raspberry, and connect a 270 degree HDMI cable. And a friend suggest to do a Vertical board design, I will check it. The final mechanical design of PCB will be the last task, now I want start to develop firmware and videos.

ScreenHunter_003.jpgScreenHunter_003.jpg

ecedd7193f97d56fae27b682b11da1b186736025 (1).jpgecedd7193f97d56fae27b682b11da1b186736025 (1).jpg

#168 7 years ago

Very interested!

#169 7 years ago

This is simply awesome...

#170 7 years ago

Well, I have think about final version of the hardware, and I see two options.

1.- A vertical desing, similar to current, attach directly to CPU with two female connectors, and one flat cable, but in VERTICAL position, so not problem about lack of space to place board and connect the HDMI cable and USB pendrive. This is fast to install, but only compatible with WPC89 CPU, so can not use same design to do a universal device to connect to another pinball manufacturers, to do for example a topper or to trigger any other mod, for example to control addressable leds WS2812, Led panels, etc...

2.- A Universal design, so the board with Raspberry Pi, must to fix inside de cabinet in Left lateral internal (close to CPU), may fix it with plastic adhesive spacers. Then connect to CPU with two flat cables, one to read inputs (with one additional adapter), and one to read ouputs (also with an adapter, and probably with some buffer chips to prevent it from affecting CPU signals). With this design, I may do some custom small board adapters to install in any pinball manufacturer.

Currently I ordered a second prototype with some improvements, but yet according with same first prototype connections (horizontal position, though closer to CPU). I think, along next week, I will define final hardware design, meanwhile to develop firmware and videos I will work with second prototype, I will receive next Tuesday, will assemble, upload pictures, and start to test product with firmware and videos. Also I will send a second prototype to a friend that has a Creature pinball to do pictures and videos with real full machine.

The good to work with a Raspberry pi3, instead of with a microcontroller, is that may connect to another devices by Ethernet, or wireless by WIFI or Bluetooth, also may program updates, config and upload of videos wireless from cell phone.

#171 7 years ago

I think the Pi option would be far better from a user perspective re: ease of updates and modding.

#172 7 years ago

This weekend I was testing tools (QT Creator) to develop software (C++ language), and tomorrow I will receive the second PCB prototype with some improvements, though not yet the final board it's good to develop and test all.

Probably I will develop a universal board to connect to Raspberry Pi to may use for another applications, like an interactive Topper, interactive display for playfield, Playfield multi light effects, etc...

Also tomorrow I will receive a second 13.3" TFT display to prepare a full kit prototype for my portuguese friend, he will test all in his Creature pinball. My tests will be here in my working table with a real WPC89 CPU, DMDST32, matrix switch PCB and laboratory power supply.

ju92.jpgju92.jpg

idvk.jpgidvk.jpg

dx50.jpgdx50.jpg

opx2.jpgopx2.jpg

#173 7 years ago

Easiest way to get videos onto rasp pi would be via winscp? Users can just drag and drop new videos then from there pc.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Easiest way to get videos onto rasp pi would be via winscp? Users can just drag and drop new videos then from there pc.

Videos will store in USB Pendrive, user do not need connect with Raspberry to upload or update. And also to update firmware, new version compress in RAR file will store in USB Pendrive and boot firmware will update to new version.

User only will work with USB Pendrive and in future firmware also will may update wireless by WIFI from cell phone.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

This weekend I was testing tools (QT Creator) to develop software (C++ language), and tomorrow I will receive the second PCB prototype with some improvements, though not yet the final board it's good to develop and test all.
Probably I will develop a universal board to connect to Raspberry Pi to may use for another applications, like an interactive Topper, interactive display for playfield, Playfield multi light effects, etc...
Also tomorrow I will receive a second 13.3" TFT display to prepare a full kit prototype for my portuguese friend, he will test all in his Creature pinball. My tests will be here in my working table with a real WPC89 CPU, DMDST32, matrix switch PCB and laboratory power supply.

Everything is looking great and everyone is excited. Thanks for the hard work

#176 7 years ago

My friend Jose Manuel from Portugal, has sent me a picture about the internal pinball head, to see where place the board with RPY3.

I have here also a full pinball head, I will install my CPU WPC89 and Driver board to may check exactly where place the product, seem there is not a lot of free space.

489c31d5-5345-4a3f-b3d8-5d972d0c834c.jpg489c31d5-5345-4a3f-b3d8-5d972d0c834c.jpg
9fe25e0e-5935-4b79-bf07-f954c7dd30b0.jpg9fe25e0e-5935-4b79-bf07-f954c7dd30b0.jpg
4089f579-7ba6-4552-96a7-599b27b3b659.jpg4089f579-7ba6-4552-96a7-599b27b3b659.jpg
488a5182-7f98-4311-8162-d1472a8fd093.jpg488a5182-7f98-4311-8162-d1472a8fd093.jpg

Sin título-1.jpgSin título-1.jpg

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

My friend Jose Manuel from Portugal, has sent me a picture about the internal pinball head, to see where place the board with RPY3.
I have here also a full pinball head, I will install my CPU WPC89 and Driver board to may check exactly where place the product, seem there is not a lot of free space.

The boards for pinballmikeD's mod are placed in the front left side of the lower cabinet.

Busy now, but if someone hasn't responded with photos by then, I'll take and post some later.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The boards for pinballmikeD's mod are placed in the front left side of the lower cabinet.
Busy now, but if someone hasn't responded with photos by then, I'll take and post some later.

Yes, but my design is very different, I must connect directly to CPU with two flat cables (2x8), so must place my boards in pinball head, and very close to CPU, can not place in cabinet.

The matter, is if connect directly to CPU like in pictures I have post, or place in left side of pinball head. I will test about it with a pinball head I have here.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Yes, but my design is very different, I must connect directly to CPU with two flat cables (2x8), so must place my boards in pinball head, and very close to CPU, can not place in cabinet.
The matter, is if connect directly to CPU like in pictures I have post, or place in left side of pinball head. I will test about it with a pinball head I have here.

Ah, got it.

#180 7 years ago

Another thing to consider with space is that a lot of people getting this mod may have upgraded speakers and or lighted speakers which may compete for the same space as they add depth to the installed speaker panel. Cant wait for the finished product and would gladly take this over upgraded speakers any day if it came down to a choice !!

#181 7 years ago

One other thing to consider is Herg's LED OCD or GI OCD mounts on that exact same bracket. You need to make the install versatile as there are many other mods that might get in the way of the "ideal" install location.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from JamesH007:

Another thing to consider with space is that a lot of people getting this mod may have upgraded speakers and or lighted speakers which may compete for the same space as they add depth to the installed speaker panel. Cant wait for the finished product and would gladly take this over upgraded speakers any day if it came down to a choice !!

Thanks for suggestion about problem if somebody try to replace speakers or add some mod to front panel. I think finally I will do a universal board and will place, with adhesive spacers, on the left inner side of the pinball head, and will connect with two flat cables and two small board adapters. So also will may connect to any other pinball manufacturer and use it for other applications (next probably will be a topper or an interactive small display for pinball playfield)

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

One other thing to consider is Herg's LED OCD or GI OCD mounts on that exact same bracket. You need to make the install versatile as there are many other mods that might get in the way of the "ideal" install location.

OK, I will study the final details of the design, when the prototype is functional (firmware and videos working).

#184 7 years ago

Today I received PCB boards to do second prototype. I modified something (remove some chips, replace inductor THT by SMD), I have corrected some mistakes, I changed size and dimensions of board to connect closer to WPC CPU. With this board I may work already to develop software and videos.

At any rate, probably, this board will not be the final design. I must check yet if it's better do to a universal board to may connect to any pinball for another applications (topper, mini interactive display, multi light effects, etc...).

Now I start already to develop software, and I prepare a second prototype to send to my friend that has a Creature to test all I do here (I will send to him, firmware and videos by email to update and test kit).

holo_rojo_002.jpgholo_rojo_002.jpg

#185 7 years ago

This is coming along nicely. Any idea of a price yet so I can begin saving cash.

#186 7 years ago

I can't wait, do I have to put my name down for one or will there be a big run of these?

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This is coming along nicely. Any idea of a price yet so I can begin saving cash.

I do not have calculate yet final price, but suppose will be between 300 and 360, + freight cost. And I will try to offer a cheap freight cost by some special courier service like Packlink, mainly to USA.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from Toxteth:

I can't wait, do I have to put my name down for one or will there be a big run of these?

Don't worry, do not need add your name to a waiting list yet. Now product is yet under development, as soon as it's close to be ready I will warn about it, I will fix price, and then anybody will may order or open a waiting list, but only when I'm sure product is practically ready and tested.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I do not have calculate yet final price, but suppose will be between 300 and 360, + freight cost. And I will try to offer a cheap freight cost by some special courier service like Packlink, mainly to USA.

300 and 360 in what currency?

#190 7 years ago

300 would sell a ton. Any idea what timeline we are looking at? Are you thinking this year?

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

300 and 360 in what currency?

No big difference USD or EUR, current currency exchange is close to 1

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

300 would sell a ton. Any idea what timeline we are looking at? Are you thinking this year?

I think about 3-4 weeks.

#193 7 years ago

If this mod turns out nice it will sell a ton regardless--there is a lot of pent up demand since MikeD went on hiatus.

#194 7 years ago

Yesterday I assembled the second prototype, this is not yet the final product, but I may already start to develop software and test all. This weekend start with firmware.

Sin título-1.jpgSin título-1.jpg

Sin título-2.jpgSin título-2.jpg

Sin título-3.jpgSin título-3.jpg

Sin título-4.jpgSin título-4.jpg

Sin título-5.jpgSin título-5.jpg

Sin título-6.jpgSin título-6.jpg

Sin título-7.jpgSin título-7.jpg

Sin título-8.jpgSin título-8.jpg

Sin título-9.jpgSin título-9.jpg

Sin título-91.jpgSin título-91.jpg

Sin título-92.jpgSin título-92.jpg

#195 7 years ago

Any new developments

#196 7 years ago

que incredible, este mod!

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Any new developments

Hello.
Now I'm working with software development, I think soon will be ready a first firmware version, then I will start to do the videos, and finally I will do the final hardware version.

#198 7 years ago

hope to all creature owners this is promising looking forward to your progess

#199 7 years ago

I have think add to final hardware version, an output to may control digital leds, to apply special effects in playfield, speakers, under cabinet, etc... according with status of inputs/outputs.

Today I received the APA102 digital leds (5x5mm and 2x2mm), these allow connect hundreds or even thousands chained and control it with only 2 wires (and 5v supply). Leds in pictures are to solder in my board designs, but also available in strips.

led_apa102_002.jpgled_apa102_002.jpg
led_apa102_001.jpgled_apa102_001.jpg
led_apa102_003.jpgled_apa102_003.jpg
led_apa102_004.jpgled_apa102_004.jpg

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

hope to all creature owners this is promising looking forward to your progess

I plan on getting one John so you're welcome to come over and check it out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.