CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 62.
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sorry... Still other stuff left.... (just realized, I don't want to highjack the Thread!) I'll move to Creature pinball or something...

Please shoot me a PM. Would be interested in your unique collection

#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Accepting offers for this 1992 vintage 6 foot promotional standee. More photos available. Colors are bright, somewhat marginal degradation at the base, otherwise intact and presents well. Folds for easy shipping.
If sold, I will note in a post and donate to Pinside. Thanks for the interest.
[quoted image]

The Creech standee will be haunting and eliciting smiles in a new gameroom. A Pinside donation will be made. Thanks to all for your interest.

#1903 3 years ago

We started thinking about ideas for the new Jackpot video, for now we have considered these two options:

1.- Based on the plastic Jackpot logo on the playfield we could put some comic type explosion effect and then the Jackpot logo appears. We would put the diver with the harpoon in the foreground, and have him chase the creature, then fire the harpoon, the point of view of the animation would be on the harpoon so that it approaches the creature and hits him on the side, then the Jackpot explodes, with some bubbles like an underwater explosion. For this idea we can take the design of the creature that appears in the pinball head, underwater watching over the girl.

2.- Based on the scene of the Creature when he gets into the RITA boat, they throw the lamp at him and he catches fire. When the lamp hits the creature's head, the Jackpot logo would appear, covering the entire screen with lightning and zooming. Then the Jackpot logo gets smaller and is located as in the image of the attached composition, then the creature is already seen in slow motion falling into the water while burning. The design is also based on the scene drawn on the machine head.

Jackpot_002.jpgJackpot_002.jpg
Jackpot_001.jpgJackpot_001.jpg

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

We started thinking about ideas for the new Jackpot video, for now we have considered these two options:
1.- Based on the plastic Jackpot logo on the playfield we could put some comic type explosion effect and then the Jackpot logo appears. We would put the diver with the harpoon in the foreground, and have him chase the creature, then fire the harpoon, the point of view of the animation would be on the harpoon so that it approaches the creature and hits him on the side, then the Jackpot explodes, with some bubbles like an underwater explosion. For this idea we can take the design of the creature that appears in the pinball head, underwater watching over the girl.
2.- Based on the scene of the Creature when he gets into the RITA boat, they throw the lamp at him and he catches fire. When the lamp hits the creature's head, the Jackpot logo would appear, covering the entire screen with lightning and zooming. Then the Jackpot logo gets smaller and is located as in the image of the attached composition, then the creature is already seen in slow motion falling into the water while burning. The design is also based on the scene drawn on the machine head.

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I vote for idea #1!

#1905 3 years ago

I think it wold be time to show the final product and have addtional video's later. I understand the basic set is done. Show the product sell a lot of them and then finish whatever additional video's you still would like to do. Sell them as additional packs as mentioned earlier. Go agile on this, bring value to the customer as soon as possible. Later you will tweak all video's.

#1907 3 years ago

#1 for my $0.02

#1909 3 years ago

#1, Jackpots deserve an explosion!

#1910 3 years ago

Storyboard of idea 1 for the new Jackpot video. We have started working like this from the Super Jackpot video and it is much more comfortable and faster, so we do not waste so much time with tests and changes.

The Storyboard collects the essence of animation so that the designer and I agree from the beginning on what is going to be done. There are many details to be added later, bubbles, fish, rays of light from the surface, music, etc ...

storyboard_1.jpgstoryboard_1.jpg

#1911 3 years ago

Has this mod really been in development for 3 years?

#1912 3 years ago

Sadly I think it has jumped the shark.

#1913 3 years ago

We have already drawn and vectorized the Creature from the image of the pinball translite. It will be the one we will use to animate in this Jackpot video.

To the Storyboard we add a few fish to give more life to the video, in addition to the bubbles that we will add in various parts of the video. For the color of the water this time we will try to use the turquoise blue which is the one seen on the playfield.

As we were initially going to develop the idea2, we also vectorized the arms and paws of the creature that we already had drawn for other videos, we will use this later.

Now we are going to vectorize the diver and the fishes, then everything will be ready to start creating the video, with the animations and special effects, leaving for the end the music and the synchronization of image and sound.

criatura_002.jpgcriatura_002.jpg
criatura.jpgcriatura.jpg

#1914 3 years ago

The anticipation is killing me haha. why not roll out the hardware, then allow customers to buy additional videos?

It seems this mod was constructed in a manner that makes it easy to add more content, which would fit nicely into a DLC type model? Thus why not get the hardware on some games and make sure it works in the wild? Just a thought.

Keep up the great work.

#1915 3 years ago

We already have the diver vectorized, in addition to the Creature and the Jackpot logo. Now we are going to draw and vectorize a close-up of the harpoon, some fish that will move during the animation, and the background of the lake with some algae, similar to the background of the Super Jackpot video but with some variations.

We will definitely use the turquoise blue color, seen in the playfield with the diver, as the water color, mainly so that it is not the same as the green we use in the Super Jackpot.

As soon as we finish with the verctorizations of the missing drawings, we start with the first animation tests of the video and to test music files from the 50s.

buceador_criatura.jpgbuceador_criatura.jpg
#1916 3 years ago

I have no skin in the game at all. I'm following because like seeing old games be "modernized". At this point it has to be a labor of love. I am curious just like everyone else though...... Does the hardware even work properly in an actual game?

#1917 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I have no skin in the game at all. I'm following because like seeing old games be "modernized". At this point it has to be a labor of love. I am curious just like everyone else though...... Does the hardware even work properly in an actual game?

As of yet it has not been tested.

#1918 3 years ago

After 3 years I think I'm starting to believe the naysayers who said this mod will never be made.

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

After 3 years I think I'm starting to believe the naysayers who said this mod will never be made.

Why because the continually asked request to see it in a machine is completely ignored?

#1920 3 years ago

He has spent so much money at this point he has to get it done. I am afraid though that it will be too high. He does need to test this thing or he may wind up with a bunch of short videos with nothing to do with them.

#1921 3 years ago

We have already drawn and vectorized the foreground of the diver's arm with the harpoon, based on photos from the film. Let's go now with the drawing of the fishes, and everything will be ready for the video animation.

Jackpot_002.jpgJackpot_002.jpgJackpot_001.jpgJackpot_001.jpg

#1922 3 years ago

We already have drawn and vectorized the fish and algae in the background. Practically everything is ready to start creating the animation.

There are some adjustments to make about the colors (some too dark) and see how the plans of the scenes of the video are raised, it is something that we will see as the animation is created.

In the attached picture an example of the composition, the bubbles would still be missing, although those are already vectorized from the previous video of the Super Jackpot.

jackpot_f003.jpgjackpot_f003.jpg
#1923 3 years ago

Not trying to stir the pot here but when using original art from the playfield, is that allowed? Do you have a license from Bally to use this? Normally for home use you are allowed to use it, but since this is going to be a commercial item. I wonder if this is correct.

#1924 3 years ago

At this rate it’s going to be $2000 mod, with the amount of time taken and “package tiers”

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Not trying to stir the pot here but when using original art from the playfield, is that allowed? Do you have a license from Bally to use this? Normally for home use you are allowed to use it, but since this is going to be a commercial item. I wonder if this is correct.

Technically yes, if your selling as is or modified Williams/Bally artwork you need permission from Rick at PPS as he holds the licence. All the big players like colorDMD,CPR etc.. all have a agreement with Rick to sell the artwork. The runDMD clock project was recently shut down by Rick due to it included Dot animations from Williams/Bally games which was not licenced.

He probably can't ever see this thing being finished either so is not worried

I will say the animations are fantastic, the artist has done amazing job. Just a shame there is no working platform to put them into!

#1926 3 years ago

Not to play armchair lawyer or defend pinballsp, but this could be considered a derivative work and may not be subject to copyright claim.

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

He probably can't ever see this thing being finished either so is not worried
I will say the animations are fantastic, the artist has done amazing job. Just a shame there is no working platform to put them into!

Hope he finishes this so he wil finaly make some color led dmds, i need one ....but he's stuck in this neverending story
Wish him the best but dont think this will happen soon

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Not to play armchair lawyer or defend pinballsp, but this could be considered a derivative work and may not be subject to copyright claim.

Yes, those images can also be taken from stills provided....so those same images can be found a number of places

creature black lagoon 1750 65 (resized).jpgcreature black lagoon 1750 65 (resized).jpgcreature black lagoon richard denning spear 2 (resized).jpgcreature black lagoon richard denning spear 2 (resized).jpgcreature color swims (resized).jpgcreature color swims (resized).jpg
#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

But you are stirring the pot. Not to be a dick but, why does it concern you? If he wants to use it let him use it. So now, because you brought this up a cool feature might not happen.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

At this rate it’s going to be $2000 mod, with the amount of time taken and “package tiers”

This is a great point. You should find out what people are willing to pay and what this is going to cost. I wont it but Im not paying a thousand dollars for it. You may be putting out a bunch of cash you wont get back.

#1931 3 years ago

This reminds me of the Winchester Mystery House. Sarah Winchester spent her entire life building the house with the intent on never completing it. It gave her purpose and thought as long as the house is incomplete she might escape death.

#1932 3 years ago

He has taken us through this whole adventure showing everything step by step.
He has not asked for money.
He has not given a firm date for completion.
When it's done it's done.
Either buy when it's ready or don't.
Sheesh, such drama for nothing.
If you don't want to see the process, come back when the Thread Title says... "Ready to accept orders!"

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If you don't want to see the process, come back when the Thread Title says... "Ready to accept orders!"

I agree and what I have seen looks awesome but he may be creating a product so expensive no one will want to buy it

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Key post!

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I agree and what I have seen looks awesome but he may be creating a product so expensive no one will want to buy it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/33#post-5400949

#1936 3 years ago

I just want to see how this would work in an actual machine with all the different videos, without the videos stepping all over each other. I've owned a Creech for the past 10 years and when I play, I'm hitting different switches in such quick succession, I'm honestly curious about how this would work IRL ("in real life", for people who don't do abbreviations).

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

... may be creating a product so expensive no one will want to buy it

This is pinball. I don't think there is such a thing.

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Based on his previous projects you actually need to wait until customers receive the product AND say that it actually works. 'Cause he's sold a color DMD that don't color....

--Donnie

#1939 3 years ago

First sketch of the animation, there is still a lot to correct and add until the final version, but this is the idea in essence.

In this first test, no bubbles have been added, many special effects on the Jackpot logo have to be improved, and the approach effect of the harpoon to the creature has to be improved. We are studying the "dolly zoom" effect to make it more realistic, in addition the initial planes will be changed, so that the harpoon is seen to be fired, so we can apply a wake effect. To close the video, I want a logo disintegration or dissolution effect to be applied to the water.

Anyway, there are many things to do yet, but it won't take long, I think this video will be finished this week.

As for the hardware testing, I have been contacting several friends, to buy a Creature pinball. One of my contacts has two machines, and it is being considered if he sells me one of them, also since he wants to buy a batch of my CPU boards for the "Juegos Populares" pinballs, I think we can make an exchange of the machine for boards + money, or even boards + one full hologram kit. I hope he will reply in a few days, for me it would be ideal, to have the machine here, everything would be much easier and faster.

#1941 3 years ago

We continue working on the new video for the Jackpot.
Now we have made a meticulous and exhaustive technical study of the Dolly zoom and Dolly In effects, to achieve a more fluid and realistic effect of moving and approaching the harpoon to the Creature, giving more depth to the scene.

We've also positioned the Creature further away so that the harpoon has more distance to travel from the rifle to the Creature, and blur effects have been applied to the intermediate planes of the algae.

We continue working to improve the rest of the effects, until we reach the final version.

On the other hand, a friend has offered me a pinball Creature at a good price. I have to think about it, but it is possible that I bought it to be able to do all the tests on the machine myself here, as well as take my own photos and videos to show the product installed and working, and to create the User Manual. I would also like the graphic designer to create a promotional video for the product.

vlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h52m20s234.pngvlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h52m20s234.pngvlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h52m49s482.pngvlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h52m49s482.pngvlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h53m32s031.pngvlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h53m32s031.pngvlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h53m51s807.pngvlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h53m51s807.png

#1942 3 years ago

Now I am focused on finishing the hologram kit at once. As soon as I finish It, I continue with the rest of the pending projects, Advanced coloring for the DMDs, 128x16 DMDs and the LED and video bumpers.

On the bumpers, the one you refer to is practically finished, because it is not very complicated. Although the controller board is what was missing to be programmed, but it would be very similar to what I'm doing for the hologram kit, only without using a Raspberry board, so as soon as I finish the hologram kit I will also have the controller board practically ready for those LED bumpers.

I also started, a long time ago, the design of these interactive bumpers with round video screens, these are quite more complex, but they would use the same controller board. I can put on sale first those that work with LEDs, and finish those that use video screens that can take me a little longer to finish, due to the complexity.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-video-bumper-cap-by-pinballsp

#1943 3 years ago

“...practically finished, because it is not very complicated...”

To paraphrase the wise Inigo Montoya

“You keep using these words I do not think they mean what you think they mean”

#1944 3 years ago

I check back with this thread when some new posts are made...Hoping that one of them will say the mod is complete and ready to go. Alas.....Nope. Maybe this year will be the year?

#keeping the faith

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I check back with this thread when some new posts are made...Hoping that one of them will say the mod is complete and ready to go. Alas.....Nope. Maybe this year will be the year?
#keeping the faith

Maybe Luis has a day job at Deeproot?

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Maybe Luis has a day job at Deeproot?

if that was true he wouldn't show us any thing

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

We continue working on the new video for the Jackpot.
Now we have made a meticulous and exhaustive technical study of the Dolly zoom and Dolly In effects, to achieve a more fluid and realistic effect of moving and approaching the harpoon to the Creature, giving more depth to the scene.
We've also positioned the Creature further away so that the harpoon has more distance to travel from the rifle to the Creature, and blur effects have been applied to the intermediate planes of the algae.
We continue working to improve the rest of the effects, until we reach the final version.
On the other hand, a friend has offered me a pinball Creature at a good price. I have to think about it, but it is possible that I bought it to be able to do all the tests on the machine myself here, as well as take my own photos and videos to show the product installed and working, and to create the User Manual. I would also like the graphic designer to create a promotional video for the product.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Project is looking good granted a bit Long in the tooth but I guess I Really don't understand Why there would be any question to Not get a CFTBL in house??? You wouldn't loose any money, it would ensure a Working dialed in product, you could expedite the changes vs back and forth long range testing with a friend, and you could do some Actual promotional pictures. We are not talking about a decal set here. Just a guess but at say $700 x say 500 units this is a HUGE revenue stream. Plus, if you buy the game, get this Done, you sell the game with the screen mod and MAKE money on the game. Not sure how you could justify NOT having the game in house???? Also seems like it would speed things up a bit....

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Project is looking good granted a bit Long in the tooth but I guess I Really don't understand Why there would be any question to Not get a CFTBL in house??? You wouldn't loose any money, it would ensure a Working dialed in product, you could expedite the changes vs back and forth long range testing with a friend, and you could do some Actual promotional pictures. We are not talking about a decal set here. Just a guess but at say $700 x say 500 units this is a HUGE revenue stream. Plus, if you buy the game, get this Done, you sell the game with the screen mod and MAKE money on the game. Not sure how you could justify NOT having the game in house???? Also seems like it would speed things up a bit....

500 units? I’d say he’d do well to sell 50.

#1949 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

500 units? I’d say he’d do well to sell 50.

At this rate you may be right. Regardless, this is a serious cash Mod.

#1950 3 years ago

Look, I'm all about having something finished and polished, but even I am starting to lose faith in this.

Give us the 80% solution and get the thing out of "development hell".

Cause, I'm telling you, you will lose people who were committed half a year ago when the "pre order lists" went up and these things were supposed to start shipping "after the Chinese holiday".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/39?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.