CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 62.
#1801 4 years ago

So sorry to hear about your family member sick w CV.

Be safe and take care... Life's too short.

#1802 4 years ago

I still think you make crazy weird pcb decisions and can’t stand pcb auto routing but none of that matters when people are dying around us!

Uk is also in lock down. Stay safe!

#1803 4 years ago

Here hoping your relative comes through and you and your family stay well. That mod will happen one day or it wont, it isn't important right now. Take care.

#1804 4 years ago

Luis, Rezando por ti, tu familia, la mía y toda España.

#1805 4 years ago

Family + Health > Pinball... Take care of you and yours brother

#1807 4 years ago

Thanks for the support and understanding, friends, let's hope that all this pandemic is solved as soon as possible worldwide. The situation is already dramatic in many countries, in Europe especially in Italy and Spain, here due to the lack of medical resources, nobody was prepared for something like this.

#1808 4 years ago

Even with a great medical system, we werent prepared in the US either. There would never be a way to prepare for something of this nature and all countries are hoping and praying that its runs its course and we can recover and hopefully defend it off with meds or a vaccine when it returns in the fall. I hope for everyone that they stay safe and keep their families safe. We are all in this together.

#1809 4 years ago

Well, the material needed to make the kits is already moving. Yesterday I received from China, two packages, 21 Kg of material (7+14Kg).

Connectors for kit main board and CPU connecting L board, Custom Audio cables, Custom Power cables for display, HDMI video cables, Quick splicers, Custom 4pin to 4pin power cable for main board , and SD sockets for the micro SD cards on the main board of the kit. Everything in quantity necessary to be able to build 120 kits.

Since the virus problem started, and although it is said that it is not possible for viruses to stay alive in packages, I prefer to keep the packages that I receive stored for a time before opening and handling them, and when I open it I wear nitrile or latex gloves. In a few days, I will open the packages and I will show all the material.

I still do not ask anyone for payment, all the test material and now the necessary to assemble the kits, I am paying for it with my money.

holo_components_003.jpgholo_components_003.jpgholo_components_004.jpgholo_components_004.jpg
holo_components_001.jpgholo_components_001.jpgholo_components_002.jpgholo_components_002.jpg

#1810 4 years ago

Salut,

Thanks for keeping us updated in this difficult time.
As many already mentioned it is now priority to stay safe and help wherever we can, starting with staying at home if possible.
I hope your relatives are on the way to recover. Fortunate I do not have anybody I know being infected until now.

I wish everybody (including the trolls) the best and hope in some months all this will be history.

Cheers,
flugs

1 week later
#1811 4 years ago

Awesome!!! My restoration is waiting for its crown jewel! Be safe and thank you for the update

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Awesome!!! My restoration is waiting for its crown jewel! Be safe and thank you for the update

What update?

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Well, the material needed to make the kits is already moving. Yesterday I received from China, two packages, 21 Kg of material (7+14Kg).
Connectors for kit main board and CPU connecting L board, Custom Audio cables, Custom Power cables for display, HDMI video cables, Quick splicers, Custom 4pin to 4pin power cable for main board , and SD sockets for the micro SD cards on the main board of the kit. Everything in quantity necessary to be able to build 120 kits.
Since the virus problem started, and although it is said that it is not possible for viruses to stay alive in packages, I prefer to keep the packages that I receive stored for a time before opening and handling them, and when I open it I wear nitrile or latex gloves. In a few days, I will open the packages and I will show all the material.
I still do not ask anyone for payment, all the test material and now the necessary to assemble the kits, I am paying for it with my money.

[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Have a time line on when we can see a working demo?

#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Have a time line on when we can see a working demo?

I don't have a horse in this race, but I think he lives in a country hit hardest by the current situation. you might want to hold off asking for anything until all of this calms down a bit

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't have a horse in this race, but I think he lives in a country hit hardest by the current situation. you might want to hold off asking for anything until all of this calms down a bit

Well shit, he is still alive and currently doesn't have it. Whats the problem? sarcasm sign added for the sense of humor impaired.

#1817 4 years ago

Today I decided to open the packages and check the material, there is everything I ordered, cables, connectors and sockets for micro SD cards. Custom audio cables, custom display power cable, custom power supply cable from the driver board, and HDMI cables.

Since everything can't always go right, the supplier has badly assembled the custom cables for the power supply from the driver board to the holomodsp board, the 4 wires are connected backwards. I have complained to him and I hope he will send me the new cables as soon as possible.

We continue working with the videos, the Jackpot is practically finished, just missing correct some details, and add some more special effects sounds. The next video to design will be the Super Jackpot video. We already have 12 of the 24 videos of the FULL package, for the BASIC and MEDIUM packages are all the videos made.

holo_components_002x.jpgholo_components_002x.jpgholo_components_001x.jpgholo_components_001x.jpgholo_components_003x.jpgholo_components_003x.jpgholo_components_004x.jpgholo_components_004x.jpgholo_components_005x.jpgholo_components_005x.jpgholo_components_006x.jpgholo_components_006x.jpgholo_components_007.jpgholo_components_007.jpgholo_components_007x.jpgholo_components_007x.jpg

LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg

1 week later
#1818 3 years ago

The final version of the Jackpot video. A few more special effects were added, and the video-audio sync was adjusted. White reflections of light have been added to the letters of the Jackpot text, the number of text turns has been increased to two and the launch of a second round of confetti. New sounds, some chimes with the turning of the reels, shooting sound for confetti bursts and a siren is heard when the Jackpot text comes out.

And we have already concluded this video, and we started working with the next one on the list, which will be the "Super Jackpot", video number 13 of the 24 planned.

As for the material to assemble the kits, today I contacted the supplier so that he would send me, again, the power cables for the main board of the kit, since the ones he sent me were badly assembled. I took the opportunity to order more connectors from some references to avoid running out of material in the first two manufacturing batches. With this I will already have all the material, I will only need to order the acrylic supports to mount the screen, but this is fast, in about 7-10 days I will receive them.

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The final version of the Jackpot video. A few more special effects were added, and the video-audio sync was adjusted. White reflections of light have been added to the letters of the Jackpot text, the number of text turns has been increased to two and the launch of a second round of confetti. New sounds, some chimes with the turning of the reels, shooting sound for confetti bursts and a siren is heard when the Jackpot text comes out.
And we have already concluded this video, and we started working with the next one on the list, which will be the "Super Jackpot", video number 13 of the 24 planned.
As for the material to assemble the kits, today I contacted the supplier so that he would send me, again, the power cables for the main board of the kit, since the ones he sent me were badly assembled. I took the opportunity to order more connectors from some references to avoid running out of material in the first two manufacturing batches. With this I will already have all the material, I will only need to order the acrylic supports to mount the screen, but this is fast, in about 7-10 days I will receive them.

Just going to be flatout honest and say this isn't for me. It doesn't integrate into the theme of the game or the era at all. It's far too modern and glitzy.

That said, it is great to see you making progress again and I hope you and your loved ones are all fit and well.

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Just going to be flatout honest and say this isn't for me. It doesn't integrate into the theme of the game or the era at all. It's far too modern and glitzy.
That said, it is great to see you making progress again and I hope you and your loved ones are all fit and well.

I will have to agree about theme integration...even though the this game is titled Creature from the Black Lagoon, the theme is actually about Drive-In Movie Theaters of the 50's and 60's. I am not sure how a slot machine style jackpot is relevant.

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

agreed - this is like a modern phone game... not a 50s americana drive-in...

#1822 3 years ago

I hate the Jackpot. As other said it does not fit in with the game in any way and if there is no sound it will be worse. Doesn’t the video have to work with the existing sound of the game?

#1823 3 years ago

The jackpot reels have nothing to do with jackpots in the game. I am also not a fan of this animation or sure of where it would fit. Poker machines have nothing to do with the theme of the machine, going to the drive in in the 50's and watching a monster movie

#1824 3 years ago

From what I understand, we will be able to toggle the videos off that we don't want to show(looking at you, jackpot)?

Give me a date with that sexy ice cream cone, and I'm all set!

#1825 3 years ago

I agree as well. Theme integration is king especially with this classic game. This is far off the mark. But you sure did a nice job. Happy to see you at work again!

#1826 3 years ago

No problem, after making the video of the Super Jackpot, we will make a new one of the Jackpot, which better suits the theme of the machine (1950s, Drive-in Cinema, Creature from the Black Lake, Pinball).

We are now working on the design of the Super Jackpot video. We will apply the suggestions here, so that all the videos are related to the theme of the machine.

All videos that are made for the same trigger signal, can be enabled or disabled from the configuration file. If more than one video is enabled for the same trigger signal, the firmware will play one video randomly from among the available ones.

The current Jackpot video will be available, it can be enabled or disabled in the configuration file, in addition there will be a second Jackpot video with the same option (enable/disable). And there is a third option, that the user make their own videos and put them on the USB flash drive, to replace any of the original videos in the kit.

ScreenHunter_087.jpgScreenHunter_087.jpg
#1827 3 years ago

I will put my 2 cents in. When people in general make mods for games that are graphics based, they seem to forget they are not creating their own palette but trying to marry their art with art that already exists. To me the palette of colors in the videos is all ready predetermined, fluorescent green, purple, teal or sky blue from the P.F, pink, maybe a little orange or yellow. But all the colors in the videos should be using that color palette. That's how you make it look like it was made that way and not clash with the colors already there. With that said, I hope this gets done, been watching and waiting from the sidelines and would love to see this finished and installed, stay healthy but get it done.....

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

If more than one video is enabled for the same trigger signal, the firmware will play one video randomly from among the available ones.

Didn't realise we were going to have this feature - great addition and really like it. Thanks!

1 week later
#1829 3 years ago

How long till we see a working demo?

#1830 3 years ago

Hah! If yer gonna try to make EVERYONE happy, this thing will never get done....

#1831 3 years ago

Preparing ideas for the Super Jackpot video, this time based on drawings and colors from the playfield. We will also look for music from the 50s.

The original idea that we were going to develop, based on a slot machine with four tapes, was much more attractive, like the last Jackpot video, but it is far from the style of the game, so we will stick to the style of the playfield drawings, colors, music of the time, drive-ins, movie of the Creature.

In the initial design for the new video of the Super Jackpot, I have already told the designer that I do not like those three yellow rays, to try better with the idea of ​​the design seen in the pinball head, with light rays coming from the lake surface, we will try green-yellow, or bluish tones. Also to replace the transparent bubbles, for the ones seen on the playfield that have a white filling.

On the other hand, my Chinese supplier of cables and connectors, already sent me the new order, with the correct power cables (the previous ones were mounted with inverted connections) and an additional order of connectors so as not to run out of stock. I suppose that I will receive it this coming week, I am also going to order acrylic supports for the screens, 100 units, to be able to manufacture the first two batches.

The Raspberry boards will be the A+ version, enough since it only deals with playing the videos, the real core of the product is on my board, with a powerful microcontroller dedicated exclusively to reading and processing pinball signals. The Raspberry does not vary in price by quantity purchased and there is always stock, so I will order them as needed. I am also asking for budgets for micro SD cards, 2-4Gb for the Holomodsp board, and 16Gb for the Raspberry.
photo_2020-05-02_17-48-43.jpgphoto_2020-05-02_17-48-43.jpgphoto_2020-05-03_21-56-09.jpgphoto_2020-05-03_21-56-09.jpg

photo_2020-05-03_23-23-52.jpgphoto_2020-05-03_23-23-52.jpg
#1832 3 years ago

We are defining the general idea, with the rays coming from the surface of the lake (upper part of the image), the outline of the algae is added in the background at the bottom of the image, the bubbles are modified so that they have the same aspect as the game board and head. In the attached image comparing with blue or green background, I have not decided yet which one to use.

The idea about rays is to put 3 or 4 and they fade and appear simulating the effect of water movement, and give oxygen bubbles movement from the bottom to the top. We still have to locate the appropriate music.

I have not yet seen how the logo will animate with the text Super Jackpot, but knowing the designer, I am sure he will do a good job of animation.

superj_verde_azul.jpgsuperj_verde_azul.jpg
#1833 3 years ago

This super jackpot is looking great!

#1834 3 years ago

Green back round, shimmering light rays and rising white bubbles will be awesome!!

#1835 3 years ago

Wow nice!

#1836 3 years ago

Much more thematically aligned

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Green back round, shimmering light rays and rising white bubbles will be awesome!!

This! Dark green lagoon with the super jackpot logo rising from the deep like it has just been stolen from the clutches of the Creature (because you’re battling him at this point). Maybe at the end of the animation you see his green hand swat it away to end the animation... taunting you to just try to get it again.

Maybe the Jackpot could be changed to a flickering film scrolling by. With the Jackpot logo getting bigger with each frame of film that passes by. Get it? You had to spell FILM to activate this mode.

Just trying to think of logical ties to what’s happening in the game.
6791FF00-EF17-456C-BE3D-2DF3DDBA9E97 (resized).jpeg6791FF00-EF17-456C-BE3D-2DF3DDBA9E97 (resized).jpeg

#1838 3 years ago

In general all these things happen so fast you dont have time for the animations. All this is going to do is make you dizzy and have lower scores at the end of the day.

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

In general all these things happen so fast you dont have time for the animations. All this is going to do is make you dizzy and have lower scores at the end of the day.

Yes. Good call!
Plus, what 'spfxted' said above... "Hah! If yer gonna try to make EVERYONE happy, this thing will never get done".

But, it's a cool idea 'Rascal_H'!

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes. Good call!
Plus, what 'spfxted' said above... "Hah! If yer gonna try to make EVERYONE happy, this thing will never get done".
But, it's a cool idea 'Rascal_H'!

I have to say he is correct. I did hate the jackpot thing you did with the slot machine. But everything else is great.

#1841 3 years ago

I just want to see a video of this working in a real pin...

#1842 3 years ago

Same here

#1843 3 years ago

Funny how people who have invested absolutely nothing just demand things....

#1844 3 years ago

I don't think anyone is demanding anything, they are giving feedback. That is what the man wants.

#1845 3 years ago

We have been working on the vectorization of the two divers of the pinball head backglass drawing, to add them to the animation.

We still have to add the animated bubbles for each diver, and make some corrections in the colors, perhaps make the rays of light yellow so that the scene is similar to that of the backglass. I'm even thinking of creating the animation in which the diver on the left launches the harpoon of the underwater rifle he carries.

Tomorrow we will start with the story board to make all the animations of this video. I think there will be a good video, cartoon style, which I think is the best for this machine, and is what will be applied in all the videos that remain to be done.

I still haven't received the second order for cables and connectors, now long delay in shipping, at least by DHL. The package has been held in China for 5 days, the same has happened to me with other orders that I have made to China for other materials, I suppose it will be due to the coronavirus.

In addition, the cost of shipping has practically doubled, I have had to order LED panels to assemble all the DMDMK66 screens pending to send to customers, and I have found the notable increase in the cost of shipping, both by DHL and Fedex. The problem is that this can increase the cost of the screens for the kit, in addition to the greater delay in delivery.

vector_buzos.jpgvector_buzos.jpg
vector_buzos2.jpgvector_buzos2.jpg

#1846 3 years ago

PinballSP, do you have any insight or updates into the kit you released to your friend who actually has the machine to test, or was the original hardware design not working and your waiting on another supply of a new design? I have gotten confused on this, but I thought you released the hardware for the initial test a long time back. Please clarify if you dont mind, so we can all keep on track.

#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

PinballSP, ¿tiene alguna idea o actualización sobre el kit que lanzó a su amigo que realmente tiene la máquina para probar, o el diseño de hardware original no funcionaba y estaba esperando otro suministro de un nuevo diseño? Me he confundido con esto, pero pensé que lanzó el hardware para la prueba inicial hace mucho tiempo. Por favor aclare si no le importa, para que todos podamos seguir el rumbo.

All that was answered here, a long time ago, both the hardware and the current situation due to coronarivus:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/36#post-5564211

In Spain we are all homebound for 2 months by order of the government. Recently some companies have been authorized to open to the public, in addition to those of essential products (food and pharmacies).

I cannot send, to test, the new plate on a machine until the government allows the rest of the companies to open, because the one who is going to test it is a company that restores and repairs pinball machines. From the test with the previous board I already detected the problems with the reading of some signals from the pinball CPU, and that's why I changed the design of the board, I already said all that and I posted photos (the one I attach here again).

While we continue working with the development of the videos and my hardware tests here. I am also still managing the material orders to my Chinese suppliers (I have already published photos of the material received).

I am waiting to receive a new order of cables and connectors, and I am managing with another supplier the order of micro SD cards, USB memory Pendrives and SD card readers. Everything has been paid by me with my money, I have not asked anyone in advance for money, I think it is enough proof that the project is going ahead and is going to be done, I have spent a lot of money on development, purchase of material for tests, material to assemble the kits, hiring and paying the graphic designer for the videos.

I opened the list of orders, long ago, before the coronavirus, to find out how many interested users there would be and thus be able to negotiate and manage with the suppliers the purchase of material and screens, the more quantity the better prices. Then came the coronavirus and delayed everything, until today.

b40df98e01a891c90a3f6526edd4adbb164135f3.jpgb40df98e01a891c90a3f6526edd4adbb164135f3.jpg

#1848 3 years ago

Ah sorry I missed that. Understood

#1849 3 years ago

We started with the animation process of the Super Jackpot video, there is still a lot to do until the final result.

Today I placed an order for micro SD cards, USB flash drives and micro SD card readers. Yesterday a package with cables and connectors should have arrived, but it is held at Customs, hopefully they will deliver it to me next Monday or Tuesday.

I also ordered a 12v 4.5A power supply to test it, I could offer it as an optional extra for those who prefer not to use the pinball supply voltage in case they already have many mods connected to the machine. With this power supply I can also add to the Holomodsp firmware the option to make a controlled shutdown of the Raspberry (CPU that plays the videos in the kit), this prevents the SD card from being corrupted over time and needs to be loaded again with the firmware.

These changes I have already added to the design of the HolomodSP board, another change that I will add is a 3-pin connector to connect with a cable other mods that could be triggered with the kit signals (Topper, shaker, mini screens for the board game, LED strips or rings, etc ...).

Holomodsp_extras.jpgHolomodsp_extras.jpg

#1850 3 years ago

The Super Jackpot animation is great and nicely tied to the game - well done!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/37?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.