CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 62.
#1701 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

We have also started with the programming of the mini Video Editor for those who want to edit their own videos in a simple and freeway.

Quick question (does not want to hijack this thread): Does this mean that the firmware for your DMDMK66 displays and the Magic Editor will be delayed? As i understood, the DMDMK66 firmware was the next project after putting up the hologram-mod for sale?

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Quick question (does not want to hijack this thread): Does this mean that the firmware for your DMDMK66 displays and the Magic Editor will be delayed? As i understood, the DMDMK66 firmware was the next project after putting up the hologram-mod for sale?

As soon as I have the hologram kit in production, I will finish the firmware with Advanced Coloring support for the DMDMK66, and I will release a Beta. In addition, the product will change its name and will be generically called "MAGIC DMD", with DMDMK66 being only a variant of the product's hardware. The domain http://www.magicdmd.com is already registered and prepared to create a specific website for the product, although now it only redirects to my Facebook.

For the development of the Video Editor software of the hologram kit, a programmer collaborates with me, who already did it in the development of the Magic Editor. I just have to tell him what he has to do, supervise the work, test it and correct what doesn't work as I want.

I also have to be in daily contact with the graphic designer of the videos of the Hologram Kit, for the same, tell him what he has to do, monitor and correct until the product is as I want. Once a new video is created, I have to program the triggering of it in the kit and test it.

In summary, as soon as the hologram kit is in production, I am back to finish the Advanced Coloring of the new MAGIC DMD, and the DMD of 128x16 that I am also pending to finish. The hologram kit will be in production, as soon as I request payments from the first 20 users of the order list.

#1703 4 years ago

Old-timey snack bar jingle might work

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Old-timey snack bar jingle might work

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks interesting. I also found these two pieces of music that could be used for this or other videos of the kit, one is free and the other requires a license, but it is cheap.

On the other hand, for the Video Editor software, we are looking to add these two options to the features.

1.- Be able to select from the input videos, the start, and end to use. So we can cut and extract the piece of video we want, to create the output video.
2.- To be able to add a progressive fading effect at the beginning and end of the video, which is known as "fade-in" and "fade-out", to avoid sudden inputs and outputs of the video and audio. This can be seen in all the videos of the kit.

#1705 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks interesting. I also found these two pieces of music that could be used for this or other videos of the kit, one is free and the other requires a license, but it is cheap.
On the other hand, for the Video Editor software, we are looking to add these two options to the features.
1.- Be able to select from the input videos, the start, and end to use. So we can cut and extract the piece of video we want, to create the output video.
2.- To be able to add a progressive fading effect at the beginning and end of the video, which is known as "fade-in" and "fade-out", to avoid sudden inputs and outputs of the video and audio. This can be seen in all the videos of the kit.

Those are good. Here’s another real snack bar promo:

#1706 4 years ago

Hope i don't sound too negative here, but i have been thinking about the sound you are planning to offer:

Won't the jingles have to be really simple and short, as they are played on top of existing sounds (if i understand it correctly)?.

So if the game CPU does not know that it needs to duck / mute the background music, the video jingle and the background music will play on top of each other? I think that could very likely sound really confusing. Or does the original sound card mute other sounds when there is input on the external connector?

If there is no way to mute the machines original jingles and background music when playing the holomod videos, i think simple sound effects would be much better than jingles, as they would mix/blend better with existing music.

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hope i don't sound too negative here, but i have been thinking about the sound you are planning to offer:
Won't the jingles have to be really simple and short, as they are played on top of existing sounds (if i understand it correctly)?.
So if the game CPU does not know that it needs to duck / mute the background music, the video jingle and the background music will play on top of each other? I think that could very likely sound really confusing. Or does the original sound card mute other sounds when there is input on the external connector?
If there is no way to mute the machines original jingles and background music when playing the holomod videos, i think simple sound effects would be much better than jingles, as they would mix/blend better with existing music.

It is not about mixing the original sounds and those of the kit, in the same proportion. The idea is to adjust the volume of both sounds individually, so that the dominant one is the sound of the machine, and that the sounds of the videos of the kit remain as background sounds.

For that, we can configure the sound volume of the machine from the configuration menu, and adjust the volume of the sounds of the kit with a parameter in the configuration file (0-9).

The volume of the machine's sound card can be controlled externally with a 50K variable resistor, and electronically with a photoresistor, but that will affect the volume of all sounds. We cannot individually adjust the machine's sounds with an external signal unless the soundboard electronics are modified. Nor do I think it is a good idea to mute the machine sounds when the kit sounds, because the machine sounds are synchronized with the game and with the DMD animations.

#1708 4 years ago

On sound I would like to say it might be wise for you to look into the PinSound board and working your sounds along what you can do individually with this board. The guys at PinSound are great to work with and you might want to run this mod/sound to them and how it will effect the music. Those of us that have upgraded to this board would not want again to have confusing sounds. The PinSound board offers us as users to create different files of original music (50's songs are what I chose). I have spent many hours creating the music I like from the 50's that play during game play. Would hope your mod would not take away from this. Let us know your thoughts on this. Okay, other CFTBL PinSound board owners jump in here and give your thoughts too.

#1709 4 years ago

I completely agree Mike. Especially for CFTBL, Pinsound was so needed because the original sounds were soooo bad

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

On sound I would like to say it might be wise for you to look into the PinSound board and working your sounds along what you can do individually with this board. The guys at PinSound are great to work with and you might want to run this mod/sound to them and how it will effect the music. Those of us that have upgraded to this board would not want again to have confusing sounds. The PinSound board offers us as users to create different files of original music (50's songs are what I chose). I have spent many hours creating the music I like from the 50's that play during game play. Would hope your mod would not take away from this. Let us know your thoughts on this. Okay, other CFTBL PinSound board owners jump in here and give your thoughts too.

Yes I also have a pin sound and only want the screen. Have an EQ is too nice

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

So you want the guy who has a track record of never actually finishing a product to interrupt finishing the product that he's been working on for years now to add support for a different third party thing. For a machine that he doesn't own. And the third party thing is probably not a thing his testing partner has (or we'd probably know).

I'm not sure how that's a very reasonable request. Maybe just be happy if he ever actually ships this thing to a few people and maybe one of those people can try it with a Pinsound board and maybe he can THEN work with those folks on fixing whatever won't quite work.

I'm still skeptical the thing is going to work with only one guy testing it. I'm skeptical it's going to ship at all. But given what we know, I do think throwing a monkey wrench in NOW isn't the smartest thing to do.

--Donnie

#1712 4 years ago

I was never expecting sound, but I am anxious for the video(s)!

I have PinSound installed too, and I won't be abandoning it so I can here the ice cream cone jingle. I think whatever machine sounds we have will pair fine with the videos. If he's able to configure something with PinSound down the line, then that's fine too!

#1713 4 years ago

So please explain this to an idiot, me. Will we just be seeing video on this thing with no sound or will we be hearing the sounds that are already in the game. It will lose a lot with a vid playing and no sound at all.

#1714 4 years ago

I have already said it several times, but I will repeat it again.

1.- The first firmware version of the HolomodSP still does not support sound. I will add that in the next firmware update.
2.- The audio cable, as an optional extra, ONLY works with the original pinball sound card.

As for using that other sound card, that doesn't depend on me, it depends on whether that card has a LINE IN jack to mix external sounds. Whoever has that card, can do the test by himself, with the information attached.

TEST_linein.jpgTEST_linein.jpg

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So please explain this to an idiot, me. Will we just be seeing video on this thing with no sound or will we be hearing the sounds that are already in the game. It will lose a lot with a vid playing and no sound at all.

Adding sound to this mod will always be voluntary. It will work just as fine without adding the coming sound option. It doesn't matter if you add the sound cable or not - the videos will play on the screen, and the machines original sounds will play just as they always have. The video does NOT interrupt the original sounds from the machine.

But IF you add the sound cable (when the firmware supports it), it is hooked up to the original sound card, and the sounds from the videos will then be mixed with (layed on top of) the original sounds.

That's how I understand it anyway

#1716 4 years ago

Probably this will be the audio for the Snack Bar video. It is possible that we increase the speed a little so that it sounds a little faster.

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Adding sound to this mod will always be voluntary. It will work just as fine without adding the coming sound option. It doesn't matter if you add the sound cable or not - the videos will play on the screen, and the machines original sounds will play just as they always have. The video does NOT interrupt the original sounds from the machine.
But IF you add the sound cable (when the firmware supports it), it is hooked up to the original sound card, and the sounds from the videos will then be mixed with (layed on top of) the original sounds.
That's how I understand it anyway

Thank you.

#1718 4 years ago

We started working on the animation of the Snack Bar. As it is always just a sketch, there is a lot left until we get the final result, we will try other landscape backgrounds, maybe adding shrubs, the asphalt in front of Snack Bar, also the OPEN text with some animated effect

We try many things, some I show them, but most do not, as it is proven I see what looks good and details are corrected until it is the best possible. Then we have to synchronize all the effects with the music.

Snackbar.jpgSnackbar.jpg
#1719 4 years ago

A first test for the Snack Bar video animation.

And attached, a couple of sketches on which we work. A background with buildings with animation of the lighting of the windows, a plane crossing the sky, a sign with the text OPEN blinking with a neon style, vegetation, and asphalt in the front of the image.

The effects of the light bulbs still need a lot of work, we are testing other designs with transparencies and a more realistic effect, within the cartoon style.

Snackbar_002.jpgSnackbar_002.jpg

#1720 4 years ago

I thought all of this was finalized.

#1721 4 years ago

He shows in his graphic that there are still a load of videos to be completed...

F6D77F51-473F-4348-9052-4962EEB26352 (resized).jpegF6D77F51-473F-4348-9052-4962EEB26352 (resized).jpeg
#1722 4 years ago

Gee, I think the Menu looks great just the way it is....

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from bigian:

He shows in his graphic that there are still a load of videos to be completed...[quoted image]

I still don't see why people who want the basic or medium package should have to wait if the videos that aren't done wouldn't come with their units anyway?

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I still don't see why people who want the basic or medium package should have to wait if the videos that aren't done wouldn't come with their units anyway?

He hasn’t posted videos of the unit working on a test rig and in a game yet. Does anybody read anymore...

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

He hasn’t posted videos of the unit working on a test rig and in a game yet. Does anybody read anymore...

and that's the one thing that should concern any potential buyer, given how long that he's been working on this. it shouldn't be that hard to put out even a single video showcasing how his mod will function.

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

I think we're on the same side in this.....

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

and that's the one thing that should concern any potential buyer, given how long that he's been working on this. it shouldn't be that hard to put out even a single video showcasing how his mod will function.

I do agree, developing this mod without the actual game seems insane to me. Looks awesome though.

#1728 4 years ago

People buying a mod that’s not even been Demonstrated yet From a guy who takes years to finish any thing are off there freaking meds lol

Down vote away but you know it’s true

#1729 4 years ago

how is it buying when its not payed yet?

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

how is it buying when its not payed yet?

Because there are a group of people on this thread that can't read and want to attack the developer of the mod regardless of actual facts. Typical Pinside pitchfork crowd.

#1731 4 years ago

Final version of the board for the Hologram kit. This week tests and if everything works as I expect, I will upload videos of the product working and product ready.

Then I will contact the first 20 users on the list to make the payment. The rest of the users will have to wait until March (with payment in February), when I get more screens.

The board has a power socket with a 4-pin connector, to connect with a cable supplied in the kit, to any of the J116, J117 or J118 connectors on the Pinball Drivers board. On the other side of the board, there is also a round jack connector, for those who prefer to use an external 12V DC power supply.

holomodsp_006.jpgholomodsp_006.jpg
holomodsp_001.jpgholomodsp_001.jpgholomodsp_002.jpgholomodsp_002.jpgholomodsp_003.jpgholomodsp_003.jpgholomodsp_004.jpgholomodsp_004.jpgholomodsp_005.jpgholomodsp_005.jpgholomodsp_007.jpgholomodsp_007.jpgholomodsp_008.jpgholomodsp_008.jpg

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Final version of the board for the Hologram kit. This week tests and if everything works as I expect, I will upload videos of the product working and product ready.
Then I will contact the first 20 users on the list to make the payment. The rest of the users will have to wait until March (with payment in February), when I get more screens.
The board has a power socket with a 4-pin connector, to connect with a cable supplied in the kit, to any of the J116, J117 or J118 connectors on the Pinball Drivers board. On the other side of the board, there is also a round jack connector, for those who prefer to use an external 12V DC power supply.

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please keep me posted for the 2nd production run of this Mod...it will definitely be a must have for CFTBL owners.

#1734 4 years ago

I’d be interested in purchasing one as well

#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Please keep me posted for the 2nd production run of this Mod...it will definitely be a must have for CFTBL owners.

Quoted from RazorV23:

I’d be interested in purchasing one as well

Hi.

To add to the order list, please send an email to [email protected], indicating which package you want, Basic, Medium or Full, and your data for the shipment (name, address, telephone).

The 20 units, which I can manufacture now, were sold the first day shortly after opening the order list. Since then all purchase requests are for the second batch that I can manufacture in March (with payment in February) when I have more screens again.

I need all requests by email, to have them sorted by date and to be able to contact those interested for payments and shipping details.

Thank you.

#1736 4 years ago

Do you think you might have the sound added to the package by the time the second batch is ready?

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Do you think you might have the sound added to the package by the time the second batch is ready?

I'll try.
There is a system that works with video and audio, and I could add it quickly in a firmware beta, for those who want to try it. The problem with that system (the famous omxplayer), as I said a long time ago, is that it causes a small delay in the triggering of each video, approximately 1 second.

For something faster with video and audio, such as video triggers of current firmware, which are practically instantaneous, I have to do tests, probably with video and audio in two files separated by animation.

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I'll try.
There is a system that works with video and audio, and I could add it quickly in a firmware beta, for those who want to try it. The problem with that system (the famous omxplayer), as I said a long time ago, is that it causes a small delay in the triggering of each video, approximately 1 second.
For something faster with video and audio, such as video triggers of current firmware, which are practically instantaneous, I have to do tests, probably with video and audio in two files separated by animation.

Just hoping that it doesn't create triggering delays for those of us that are wanting video only.

Great job on this and really looking forward to the finished product (and getting it in my game)

#1739 4 years ago

We continue with the Snack Bar video. The asphalt, vegetation, buildings, a plane that crosses the sky has been added and three soundtracks have been tested.

Things to improve and test:

1.- That the light bulbs move independently
2.- Modify the buildings so that they can be seen more on the sides
3.- Change the OPEN sign for a neon-like effect
4.- Make the sky clearer so that the perimeter of the mask is better seen.
5.- As for the music, it will probably be the first we will use, and we will reserve the third one for another video.
6.- Try a firework effect in the sky, to make the video more dynamic.
7.- Create the same video with a long duration of about 2 minutes, so that the user can configure if he wants to use it as a background video when the OPEN Snack Bar is triggered, and while the signal is on.

On the other hand, yesterday I was doing tests with the SD card because I had problems with some brands of cards, I think that everything will be solved today, and I will be able to check the triggers of the videos of the first firmware version.

I was also completing the configuration file parameters, I have added some more although they will not be operational in the first firmware version, these are:

1.- License with unique code to upgrade from Basic to Full
2.- Enable/Disable of WIFI for App, Bluetooth and Wireless system for topper or mods with LEDs
3.- Setting the upper margin of the screen to make it easier to use other screens by adjusting the centering of the image
4.- Adjusting the sound level between 0 and 9 for the next firmware version.

PS: If I can, I will include this video and the trigger programming in the first firmware version, but I cannot assure it yet. If it is not possible, it will go in the first update along with other new videos, sound, and some new parameters in the configuration. This is the first of the videos only available for the Full package.

ScreenHunter_094.jpgScreenHunter_094.jpgScreenHunter_092.jpgScreenHunter_092.jpg
LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg

#1740 4 years ago

Is it my OCD that thinks the background of Icecream should be orange? Or the coke should be blue (hot vs Cold). Or Icecream and popcorn are the same color, since these targets are at the right?

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Is it my OCD that thinks the background of Icecream should be orange? Or the coke should be blue (hot vs Cold). Or Icecream and popcorn are the same color, since these targets are at the right?

9F8F1875-AD9A-4730-BF1A-F5320AD151A6.gif9F8F1875-AD9A-4730-BF1A-F5320AD151A6.gif
#1742 4 years ago

Re: Snack Bar Video, great looking video but the city skyline seems misplaced, I'd more expected to see projection screens behind it or even a playground, my memories of the Drive-In were not of city skylines in behind the snack-bar. Oddly though the Drive-In I would go to was in the path of a distant airport, so not unusual to see plans flying by

#1743 4 years ago

Improvements and changes in the Snack Bar video:

1.- Now the 3 spotlights move independently
2.- The city is modified so that it looks better on the sides
3.- The color of the sky becomes clearer so that the mask can be seen better on the screen.
4.- The speed of the song is increased to 1.07x (Average of # 1 and # 2)
5.- The color of the text "Open" is changed to neon pink
6.- The shape of the 3 spotlights changed to conic
7.- Preparing a 2-minute version to also use the background video with the Snack Bar Open signal active
8.- The colors of the MEGA MENU are changed
9.- Fireworks effects with sound are added
10.- Sky clouds double

As for the firmware, today I was doing quite a few checks.

1.- Programmed and tested reading and writing on the SD card with the configuration file. If an SD card without a file is inserted, one will be created automatically with default values ​​that the user can edit and modify. The card is also automatically formatted to FAT if it is not formatted.
2.- Serial communications checked between the HolomodSP board and the Raspberry, everything works perfectly.

Tomorrow I want to finish programming all the triggers of the available videos, it is possible that it also includes that of the Snack Bar, although this one is more difficult to program than the others.

There are some more changes that I have told the designer to make:
1.- Visually invert the city horizontally, so that the tall building can be seen on the right (where it will look better), and the smallest on the left.
2.- Give curvature to the city in the background. The Snack Bar, such as asphalt, sidewalk and bushes have a certain degree of curvature, as if taken with a fisheye lens, while the background city looks very straight.
3.- Change the colors of the MEGA MENU again, now they look too light and before too dark, look for a medium term of clarity and contrast.
4.- Improve the neon effect of the OPEN text.

I think that with these small changes and the additional video with a duration of 2 minutes for background, we can end this video and start designing the next one (Jackpot or Superjackpot) 

#1744 4 years ago

that looks very nice

#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

3.- The color of the sky becomes clearer so that the mask can be seen better on the screen.
7.- Preparing a 2-minute version to also use the background video with the Snack Bar Open signal active
10.- Sky clouds double

1.- Programmed and tested reading and writing on the SD card with the configuration file. If an SD card without a file is inserted, one will be created automatically with default values ​​that the user can edit and modify. The card is also automatically formatted to FAT if it is not formatted.
2.- Serial communications checked between the HolomodSP board and the Raspberry, everything works perfectly.
Tomorrow I want to finish programming all the triggers of the available videos, it is possible that it also includes that of the Snack Bar, although this one is more difficult to program than the others.

1.- Visually invert the city horizontally, so that the tall building can be seen on the right (where it will look better), and the smallest on the left.
2.- Give curvature to the city in the background. The Snack Bar, such as asphalt, sidewalk and bushes have a certain degree of curvature, as if taken with a fisheye lens, while the background city looks very straight.
3.- Change the colors of the MEGA MENU again, now they look too light and before too dark, look for a medium term of clarity and contrast.
I think that with these small changes and the additional video with a duration of 2 minutes for background, we can end this video and start designing the next one (Jackpot or Superjackpot)

Impressive amount of thought being put into each of these videos. I appreciate that.

#1746 4 years ago

Did I miss a posting of the mod working in a machine. I think he said that was last week.

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Did I miss a posting of the mod working in a machine. I think he said that was last week.

Nothing as of yet that I know of. At least on Pinside.

#1748 4 years ago

Can I order a Full package when the Full Package is fully ready? I hate having to update stuff, I just want plug and play.

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Can I order a Full package when the Full Package is fully ready? I hate having to update stuff, I just want plug and play.

I agree

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

10.- Sky clouds double

Looks great! You should have gone for a UFO rather than the jet aircraft. This was the 50s and UFO would match the speaker panel.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falls Church, VA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.