CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 62.
#1651 4 years ago

Email sent.

#1652 4 years ago

Im in for a full kit. Email sent

#1653 4 years ago

Email sent for full version

#1654 4 years ago

Email, Skype and whatsapp sent! I'm in for full please

#1655 4 years ago

more than happy to wait
issues will come to light in the first few buyers if any
and rectified

reminds me of people getting off a plane

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

more than happy to wait
issues will come to light in the first few buyers if any
and rectified
reminds me of people getting off a plane

Yep, agreed...waiting for "first issue production bugs" to be resoled...I will be in on the 2nd batch.

#1658 4 years ago

Can we get confirmation or a list of who’s in the first batch?

#1659 4 years ago

Will be ordering, but waiting for second batch. I want to see what the full package looks like before placing the order. Excellent news seeing this project near completion. Some trolls are going to have to go back under their bridges now!

#1660 4 years ago

Got my email. No confirmation of where I’m at in the list. Don’t really mind waiting either.

#1661 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Got my email. No confirmation of where I’m at in the list. Don’t really mind waiting either.

Same here. The email does not tell you your place in the list, and that is ok with me. I'm just glad to be in on this one and not miss out!

#1662 4 years ago

I haven’t received a reply to my order??
Should I be worried?

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Same here. The email does not tell you your place in the list, and that is ok with me. I'm just glad to be in on this one and not miss out!

Ditto....can't wait to see this in my game.

I commend Op endlessly...a) he's been at it for quite some time (years)
b) attacks on viability and timeline
c) people completely out of this area of expertise wildy claiming to deliver a similar product (vaporized quickly thankfully)

He tuned out the noise and is putting out an amazing product...props!!

#1664 4 years ago

Well I want one but Im sure they are already taken. Put me in line for the next batch.

#1665 4 years ago

How much does that translate to in American money?

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How much does that translate to in American money?

I'm on my cell, but it is easily converted through a Google search

#1668 4 years ago

BASIC, 5 videos, 439.42 USD
HALF, 10 videos, 532.80 USD
FULL, 24 videos, 595.09 USD

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

BASIC, 5 videos, 439.42 USD
HALF, 10 videos, 532.80 USD
FULL, 24 videos, 595.09 USD

On the one hand, the price difference between the Basic and Full seem kind of steep, but on the other hand, it's frickin $300 to get an inferior remake of the hologram. Doesn't look like the original hologram (hardly looks like the creature). If this works well, it has huge possibilities. I am considering adding one to my Monster Bash (with a smaller screen)

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On the one hand, the price difference between the Basic and Full seem kind of steep, but on the other hand, it's frickin $300 to get an inferior remake of the hologram. Doesn't look like the original hologram (hardly looks like the creature). If this works well, it has huge possibilities. I am considering adding one to my Monster Bash (with a smaller screen)

Creatures tend to sell for about 1K more with the Mike D hologram in them, I tend to think it's going to be similar with this one. And I think the animations could really make the game feel more dynamic and modern. Plus, you can sell off your hologram and make some of the money back. When I converted my Bride of Pinbot to 2.0, the kit was like $2,000, but I did get to pull a bunch of boards which I've since used in other games or sold.

#1671 4 years ago

I'm in for full

#1672 4 years ago

I’m looking forward to seeing one inside a game with the triggers being done via gameplay

#1673 4 years ago

I'm interested in a Mike D mod, if someone is upgrading to this version.
Please PM me to discuss.
Magicchiz

#1674 4 years ago

Is this one better than the Mike D mod?

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Absolutely.

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Time will tell.

#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This one.

Why?

IT'S AVAILABLE.

#1678 4 years ago

No one has seen this mod actually working in a Creature. To say it is an upgrade from the original video mod is absurd. This really looks like it has potential, but let's see how it works.

#1679 4 years ago

My Mike D v2 mod is great.

#1680 4 years ago

Well If it’s anything like the Dmdk66 display I got from Pinballsp a year ago that was plug and play into my W2HO it will be nothing short of Awesome! Great support and good quality. Shipped well and good tracking provided.

#1681 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the support
I have received many requests to add to the list of orders, many more of the 20 units that I can manufacture now with the 20 screens I got.

I already responded to all requests by email, with the confirmation of having been added to the list, most will have to wait until March, with payment in February which is when I can get more screens from the suppliers. I still receive some more requests every day and I answer them all the same day, with a confirmation.

Now I will select the first 20 users from the list, for the 20 Kits that I can make now with the 20 screens I could get. There are some who have indicated to me that prefer to wait for the second batch, I suppose to wait for the feedback of those who buy it first. As soon as I publish the videos of the product working, I will contact by email with these 20 users to request payment.

I already have information on shipping costs to USA/Canada, which will be 49 Euros. If someone wants to see prices in USD, you can check any currency exchange website, for example this: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/
Just keep in mind that currency exchange varies daily and that payments must be made in Euros.

There is a new feature that I will add to the product. I am developing a small Video Editor software for those who want to add their own videos to the Kit to replace some of the original videos. It is a program for Windows, although it may also be for Linux. This small program will allow you to easily create or adapt your own videos, without having to use professional video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Vegas Pro or others.

The software will have these features:

1.- From 1 to 5 input videos to generate a new output video. If there is more than one input video, they will be linked one after the other. Input formats, AVI, H264, and MPEG4.

2.- Position and zoom adjustment of the input videos, to center the image and adjust the size to the output video format (1080*1920 vertical).

3.- Clipping mask (1080 * 1700), to generate the irregularly shaped perimeter as seen in my videos, this follows the shape of the playfield hole, applying an irregular clipping mask with blur.

4.- Adjust the time of the output video, with the option to repeat the input videos in a loop several times to increase the total time of the video.

5.- Formats of the output video, H264 without audio, MPEG4 with audio. The audio version will be useful for the next firmware version that will support sound.

6.- Option to add an overlay text to the output video, choosing the size, font, color, and text.

7.- Option to add an image (PNG file) with transparency overlaid the output video, for example, to add a text designed graphically, I will provide some already made as to the name of the game that is seen in my video of the Bubbles.

8.- Option to replace the original sound of the input videos, with a new WAV or MP3 sound file. You can mix the original sound with the new one by adjusting the volume of each one.

#1682 4 years ago

Thank you Luis for the time spent on this. Looking forward to it. Is it possible to upgrade from the basic or half to the full? Originally I said basic is fine but think I want to get the full.

I like the idea of the editor too.

#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Thank you Luis for the time spent on this. Looking forward to it. Is it possible to upgrade from the basic or half to the full? Originally I said basic is fine but think I want to get the full.
I like the idea of the editor too.

Thanks.
I currently don't have that option programmed in the firmware, but I can add it.

#1684 4 years ago

Worth the wait! So looking forward to this amazing creation. Thanks.

#1685 4 years ago

Today I received these 16 screens from the only provider that had stock. I already had four screens, which I ordered previously from two suppliers, for the tests. And in total there are 20 screens that I have now to assemble 20 kits. The rest of the screens, in order to manufacture more Kits, I can get them in March, as I indicated.

I have also ordered the black acrylic brackets, which are part of the kit to fix the screens to the hole under the playfield. I am also waiting to receive several cables and connectors.

Although some time ago I posted in the forum instructions and pictures of how to assemble the screen, the support, and the HDMI board, most likely I will supply everything already assembled, to avoid damage to the screen. The flat cable data connector is a very sensitive connection, if it is connected slightly crooked, short circuits can occur between adjacent pins that would damage the screen.

TFT_HOLO_003.jpgTFT_HOLO_003.jpgTFT_HOLO_002.jpgTFT_HOLO_002.jpgTFT_HOLO_001.jpgTFT_HOLO_001.jpg

#1686 4 years ago

Cool,but where is the actual video of the gameplay and mounted LCD?
I can see only some boards and movies.
I think it will be cool if there is some presentation of how it actually work and if it fits fine.
I don't see the logic to buy something that you don't know how exactly looks like in the machine.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Cool,but where is the actual video of the gameplay and mounted LCD?
I can see only some boards and movies.
I think it will be cool if there is some presentation of how it actually work and if it fits fine.
I don't see the logic to buy something that you don't know how exactly looks like in the machine.

The OP has stated several times that he will provide video of the kit installed and functioning BEFORE accepting payment for it. Read the thread before chiming in already.

#1688 4 years ago

But he accept payments already.So many people send him PMs and he already choose first 20.
The right thing is to show first how it works before do whatever it is.
The idea is not to have someone disappointed after waiting so long waiting.

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

But he accept payments already.So many people send him PMs and he already choose first 20.
The right thing is to show first how it works before do whatever it is.
The idea is not to have someone disappointed after waiting so long waiting.

How true is this?

#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

How true is this?

He did post links to get on the list, but is not accepting payments until they are ready to ship. Apparently he will get videos of it working somehow (I dont' know if Luis has a Creature to test in) in the interventing period

from his facebook page:

"Within 10-12 days, or before if orders are received for the 20 units, I will contact those interested to make the payment. During this period of time, I will show videos of the product working, before applying for payments. Once payment is made, the delivery deadline will be 15 days."

#1691 4 years ago

I would volunteer, at great inconvenience to my self mind you, to install one on my CREECH and get video for everyone to see. Because that is what heroes do.

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would volunteer, at great inconvenience to my self mind you, to install one on my CREECH and get video for everyone to see. Because that is what heroes do.

LOL

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Very Humble of you!

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Very Humble of you!

Idn’t though?

#1695 4 years ago

Completely finished the ice cream video, versions with text and without text. In both, the bells sound has been set for the initial splash. And with this video, all the videos that make up the Basic and Medium package are finished. Today the graphic designer has started to work on the videos of Snackbar, Jackpot, and SuperJackpot.

We have also started with the programming of the mini Video Editor for those who want to edit their own videos in a simple and freeway.

I have also thought about offering a professional service for those who want more complex custom video designs, with new animations, overlapping videos (video on image or video on video), logos, etc ... It would also include firmware programming to include the trigger signals of new videos, or custom triggers for special events not supported by the official product.

A couple more comments:

1.- I have NOT yet requested to make the payment to ANYONE. All the projects that I develop always financed them with my own money, I have never asked for money in advance from anyone. Only when I have something to offer, completely finished and working, so I put it up for sale.

2.- The final tests of the product working, with the videos I will publish will be of two kinds. (1) A complete product test on my desk with an original Bally / Williams CPU and my CPU TESTER board and (2) a test on a real Creature machine. I do not have a Creature machine, but my friend Orlando from STRPINBALL does, a great professional dedicated to the restoration and repair of pinball for years, here his Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pinballtorrevieja/ , good people, friend, and customer who frequently helps me in testing my products on real machines in his workshop.

#1696 4 years ago

First ideas for the Snack Bar video (only available for the FULL package):

1.- Choose a song (50s Rock). Based on the song, the input animation is synchronized. We will have to use a paid song (licensed), as we already put in the Ice Cream video since the few free quality songs that are available are already used in previous videos and I do not want to repeat songs or effects.

2.- The Snackbar is loaded in parts.
   2.1- The 3 roof light bars and the "Snack Bar" text would be blinking to make reference to the neon lights.
   2.2- The glare of the windows could move a little.
   2.3- The pages of the Mega menu could scroll until the center pages are focused and the Mega Menu text is displayed.
   2.4- The lights above, those seen behind the SnackBar would move sideways, also synchronized with the song.

3.- Animated text "Snack Bar Open".

4.- The background environment should be like blue and black, to set it at night

As for the triggering of the video, it will be based on the lamp 51 of the game board and some switch. I still have to do tests to detect precisely which combination of signals triggers the video. The triggering of this video is a bit more complex because of the lamp 51 blinks, but it can be done, no problem.

68705009_2418607801552775_3629662331975237632_o.jpg68705009_2418607801552775_3629662331975237632_o.jpg

#1697 4 years ago

Searching is found. When we were looking for free 50's Rock songs, for the 4 characters of the meal, I found this song on YouTube. If it plays with the SPEED INCREASED to 1.25 it sounds pretty good. We can use it for the Snack Bar, or we would have to use a licensed song of payment.

ScreenHunter_049.jpgScreenHunter_049.jpg

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Searching is found. When we were looking for free 50's Rock songs, for the 4 characters of the meal, I found this song on YouTube. If it plays with the SPEED INCREASED to 1.25 it sounds pretty good. We can use it for the Snack Bar, or we would have to use a licensed song of payment.

[quoted image]

I rather like it. And the price seems fair!

#1699 4 years ago

Does this work with a pin sound board with all the extra music loaded on it?

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Does this work with a pin soundboard with all the extra music loaded on it?

I don't know if that board has a line input to connect external sound sources (I think it doesn't).

In any case, the sound cable that I provide as an extra is only tested to connect to the original soundboard of the machine (round jack connector for Raspberry audio output, to Dupont connector 3 pins pitch 2.54mm for the original soundboard).

The sound of the kit is mixed with the original sound, being able to adjust the volume with a parameter (0-9) in the configuration file.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.