CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 62.
#1501 4 years ago

I truly appreciate all the work you are doing on this. My opinion is less is more. I also agree with urbanledge. The "smoke" coming off of the hot dog certainly can appear to be something else.

A graphic that looks like the game, i.e. hot dog, soda, popcorn, with or without text is perfect. Remember, we only see this briefly during game play.

#1502 4 years ago

Yes I agree, fantastic videos and having options for text or not is great. While Cola and Popcorn have special animation with liquid sloshing & bubbles and Popcorn bouncing out, I don't think the hotdog or ice-cream need anything special. Certainly the smoke and sauce doesn't do anything for me. Just my thoughts ...

Really looking forward to getting this mod

#1503 4 years ago

I agree with the previous posters in this case....less is more, and the smoke/sauces detract from the effectiveness.

#1504 4 years ago

Agree. The work you are putting into these videos is awesome, but i also believe less is more. No need for ketchup and smoke.

If anything, it should just be a very light steam to indicate that its hot, but lets face it, when was the last time you got a steaming hot hotdog?

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Testing an animated smoke effect cartoon type. For now, what looks good is the character dancing with the smoke

I have my doubts that sauce or smoke will even be visible to the player. Personally I feel this one is more than acceptable to ship.

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I have my doubts that sauce or smoke will even be visible to the player. Personally I feel this one is more than acceptable to ship.

Totally agree....I think you've earned the right to start realizing ROI. I'm ready to contribute...If you have a definitive price/list/timeline to receive, I'm ready to buy one ( as are many, I believe).

#1507 4 years ago

A new test, and we are closer to the end. A new type of text, and we put the sauces but with a more subtle effect, I think it looks good, although we still have to do some more tests and some changes.

Things I have told the designer to modify:

1.- Make Hotdog text somewhat smaller, and reduce the thickness of the black outline. (picture attached).
2.- Make the mustard color in a more yellow tone, so that it does not get confused with the background.
3.- Reverse the colors of the sauces, red with yellow letter, yellow with red letter.
4.- Make the character's dance more varied.
5.- Add a new smoke effect, more subtle and transparent. We are doing tests.
6.- Synchronize the character's dance with the music we use in the final version.

hotdog_small_text_002_.jpghotdog_small_text_002_.jpg
#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Totally agree....I think you've earned the right to start realizing ROI. I'm ready to contribute...If you have a definitive price/list/timeline to receive, I'm ready to buy one ( as are many, I believe).

You guys must be new around here...

#1509 4 years ago

Following...

#1510 4 years ago
wait (resized).jpgwait (resized).jpg
#1511 4 years ago

Dude, skip the text, we know what hot dogs, popcorn and soda are! Don't forget the colors of the game are mainly green and not to clash with those colors, work with colors already used in the game, and fonts for that matter. OK you owe me 2 cents, carry on ........

#1512 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Dude, skip the text, we know what hot dogs, popcorn and soda are! Don't forget the colors of the game are mainly green and not to clash with those colors, work with colors already used in the game, and fonts for that matter. OK you owe me 2 cents, carry on ........

As I understand it, you will have the option to turn text on or off.

#1513 4 years ago

Near the end of this video, the following changes have been made:

1.- A new dance for the character is tested, with more varied movements.
2.- We put the final soundtrack for this animation.
3.- We reduce the size of the text, and the thickness of the black outline of it is also reduced.
4.- The color of the sauces is reversed with respect to the text.

And in these things we are working, to finish it definitively and move on to the Ice Cream video:

1.- Redesign the left arm to give a better movement in the dance.
2.- Mix both colors, red and yellow in the effect of the sauces for the entire text.
3.- Include the effect of the sauces, two or three times more during the video.
4.- Add some puddles of sauces on the ground.
5.- Add a new smoke effect, this time we will add some transparency, and it will come from the top front of the hot dog, to make it more realistic.

We have also started to work on animation using the 3D model of the Creature. There are many things to correct, for example the waist and shoulder joints are not correct, as I have already indicated to the designer. However this video will be the last on the list to finish.

#1514 4 years ago

a minor observation

the reflections on the snack food's glasses are a bit jarring. shouldn't they shift fast, slow or not at all based on the character's movement? currently, the lines don't seem to move relative to how the character is moving

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a minor observation
the reflections on the snack food's glasses are a bit jarring. shouldn't they shift fast, slow or not at all based on the character's movement? currently, the lines don't seem to move relative to how the character is moving

Certainly, with the last dance step that has been added to the character, the reflections in the glasses are not synchronized with the movement of the character, the designer is already fixing it.

#1516 4 years ago

It looks great, lets just get this thing selling before I sell my Creech.

#1517 4 years ago

Videos look fantastic as usual (as they are made by someone else lol)

But still not ONE video of the mod actually running in a real machine or even on a bench does that not ring alarm bells for any one??? at all???

I think the op has a nice collection of videos, 70% finished hardware and 30% finished software to run the whole show. But not even close to a full working product (like the dmd that can't actually run full colour)

People who think this will be ready by xmas

Take lucky1 up on his offer and actually get a working product out the door.

#1518 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Videos look fantastic as usual (as they are made by someone else lol)
But still not ONE video of the mod actually running in a real machine or even on a bench does that not ring alarm bells for any one??? at all???
I think the op has a nice collection of videos, 70% finished hardware and 30% finished software to run the whole show. But not even close to a full working product (like the dmd that can't actually run full colour)
People who think this will be ready by xmas
Take lucky1 up on his offer and actually get a working product out the door.

Again, WTF do you care? Alarm bells? As far as I know, he's not asked for one cent from anyone, so why would there be alarm bells. What you THINK is irrelevant about completion, and if you have an alternative product to peddle, do it in your own thread, and quit bashing a guy's work that you likely have no interest in purchasing anyway. Can't believe people are criticizing him for being open about development of a product. Guess he should have told noone, and just revealed it, to keep the trolls away.

PS....You might think it's transparent, but that Ax your holding, is clear to everyone.

#1519 4 years ago

Few of us around here actually know the ops history and know what to expect / actually come from a product design industry. I don't like seeing people buy half finished cobbled together products, Its happened before with the op and most certainly looks like what will happen again here. It's a free forum I can warn others if I want to. Weather any one cares or listens is up to them.

let's all run coloured files on our pinballSP DMD's (as advertised) oh wait......

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Few of us around here actually know the ops history and know what to expect / actually come from a product design industry. I don't like seeing people buy half finished cobbled together products, Its happened before with the op and most certainly looks like what will happen again here. It's a free forum I can warn others if I want to. Weather any one cares or listens is up to them.
let's all run coloured files on our pinballSP DMD's (as advertised) oh wait......

Point is, noone has bought anything yet. It's not for sale. Up to now, it's been a development thread. If it gets to a point of purchase and then there's evidence it doesn't work or is poorly made, then you have a leg to stand on. Until then, you just come across as sour grapes because your butt hurt over another product.

#1521 4 years ago

If the product is offered for sale unfinished, it won't be a secret for long. This forum is littered with topics about products (Stern/JJP clear problems, for example) that have issues. I think it's been well established that this group is more than comfortable calling out any actual/perceived shortcoming found.

So, your posts come off as whiny and petty, not as helpful. Just FYI.

#1522 4 years ago

My God, some of you people are toxic. It isnt like you have to read this thread or buy the mans product. It looks way cool. I will definitely buy one asap or wait till there is sound, but I will buy one.

#1523 4 years ago

I made a video of the original hologram. How do I post it here?

#1524 4 years ago

It looks like this, but moving.

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg
#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from 113th:

I made a video of the original hologram. How do I post it here?

Upload it to Youtube and post the link here to view it online
And to give the original video file, without the loss of quality caused by YouTube, upload it to MEGA, and post here the link for download.

#1526 4 years ago

Yeah, that sounds hard...
Can I just send it to you?

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from 113th:

Yeah, that sounds hard...
Can I just send it to you?

Yes, send it to [email protected], although it depends on the size of the file that gmail accepts or not, that's why I told you that you could upload it to MEGA, it's free and easy.

#1529 4 years ago

The "Bubbles" video... Does it come with the option of no pictures in the bubbles? Or even no bubbles, just the "The Creature From The Black Lagoon" title?
I'd be curious to see what that looks like. Sometimes less is more.

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from 113th:

The "Bubbles" video... Does it come with the option of no pictures in the bubbles? Or even no bubbles, just the "The Creature From The Black Lagoon" title?
I'd be curious to see what that looks like. Sometimes less is more.

Yes, there is a version with no pictures in the bubbles, and with no big bubbles.

#1531 4 years ago

please add that video to the mod

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

please add that video to the mod

Sure, no problem, I will add it.

#1533 4 years ago

Could you post a video of it?

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from 113th:

Could you post a video of it?

I do not understand. A video about what?

All the videos that we have designed, for now, for the kit, are posted in this thread. There is also a list of videos, and the current status of those available. The Hotdog video is almost finished, and as soon as we finish the next one that is the Ice Cream, I will open the order list.

LISTA_VIDEOS_.jpgLISTA_VIDEOS_.jpg
#1535 4 years ago

Hot Dog video, finished, the same version will also be available without text. We already started working with the video of the Ice Cream, and as soon as it is finished, I open the order list, so one more video and product ready for sale.

#1536 4 years ago

Surely you’ve got a price for the kit and then the video add ons

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Surely you’ve got a price for the kit and then the video add ons

Three packages, three prices, depending on the number of videos included in each package. I will fix the prices as soon as we finish the video of the Ice Cream and the order list opens.

BASIC Package ------- 5 videos (see list of videos)
MEDIUM Package ---- 10 videos (see list of videos)
FULL Package -------- 24 videos (see list of videos)

Optional extras:

1.- Preconfigured SD card (all options enabled by default).
2.- USB memory for user videos.
3.- Audio Cable (only for the original soundboard).
4.- WIFI App (not available yet).

#1538 4 years ago

How about the sound option

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How about the sound option

For the next firmware update.

#1540 4 years ago

Hot Dog video with no text.

And working with ideas for the Ice Cream video, for the background we will now work with blue colors, which are better with the cold character of ice cream. We have a few ideas to prove especially with the text that this character gives for many variants, also about the dance that is more complex, in the end many things are tested that are not good, and others are changed until they look good.

While I am making the latest changes to the hardware design (I have only replaced one chip of the original design), and preparing orders from suppliers of the screens, and custom cables. Everything is ready to open the order list, as soon as the current Ice Cream video is finished.

#1541 4 years ago

Without the text I would have thought it was a kielbasa on a bun ......

#1542 4 years ago

Video looks great.

Glad you dropped the S in hotdogs.

Odd that no one pointed that out since I last posted. Especially since I was clearly wrong.

#1543 4 years ago

I’m I for the full package when ever it is available

#1544 4 years ago

Working with the ice cream video. We keep the same background design with rotating rays, but it will be in blue tones that are cold colors more appropriate to the character.

We have enough ideas to try, especially with text and character dancing. For the text, we want to try pink and blue tones, ice cream splash effects, and some graphic elements of cherries and strawberries.

helado_001.jpghelado_001.jpg

#1545 4 years ago

This is looking better and better every day

#1546 4 years ago

yes ,,,,,,,,,,, it looks terrific ,,,,,,,,,,,,, id really like an idea when it will be finished ,,,,,,,,,,, no negativity intended

#1547 4 years ago

Please make my Christmas complete. I’ve been watching the amazing progress on this for far to long. Take my money already Please! Need to be on the nice list loaded with all your creative magic.

#1548 4 years ago

Yep so looking forward to having this mod - say goodbye to any high scores for a while, I’ll be too busy watching the holo screen

#1549 4 years ago

Now we are making some arrangements to the character's design, before animating him with the dance. Basically we are making changes in the design of the left hand, degraded body color, reflections of the glasses and maybe also changes in the right leg.

I've already chosen music too, it's the one on the YouTube link that I put here. There it comes with a watermark, but I have already bought the ASGmusic license to have it without the watermark, which is the one that will be used in the video.

ARREGLOS_ICECREAM.jpgARREGLOS_ICECREAM.jpg

#1550 4 years ago

Oh fuck yea

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 24.00
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/31?hl=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.