Topic Stats

• 1,516 posts
  • 231 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by fiberdude120
  • Topic is favorited by 219 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 570 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wait (resized).jpg
hotdog_small_text_002_.jpg
giphy (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
ScreenHunter_068.jpg
ScreenHunter_065.jpg
HOLO_VIDEO_LIST2.jpg
popcorn_final.jpg
cambio_mano_derecha.jpg
popcorn-with-clapper-board-and-movie-tickets-vintage-poster_gg65113957.jpg
popcorn.jpg
CPU_TEST.jpg
cola3.jpg
COLA2.jpg
chevrolet_front_001.jpg
584i.jpg

There are 1516 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.
#1501 5 days ago

I truly appreciate all the work you are doing on this. My opinion is less is more. I also agree with urbanledge. The "smoke" coming off of the hot dog certainly can appear to be something else.

A graphic that looks like the game, i.e. hot dog, soda, popcorn, with or without text is perfect. Remember, we only see this briefly during game play.

#1502 5 days ago

Yes I agree, fantastic videos and having options for text or not is great. While Cola and Popcorn have special animation with liquid sloshing & bubbles and Popcorn bouncing out, I don't think the hotdog or ice-cream need anything special. Certainly the smoke and sauce doesn't do anything for me. Just my thoughts ...

Really looking forward to getting this mod

#1503 5 days ago

I agree with the previous posters in this case....less is more, and the smoke/sauces detract from the effectiveness.

#1504 4 days ago

Agree. The work you are putting into these videos is awesome, but i also believe less is more. No need for ketchup and smoke.

If anything, it should just be a very light steam to indicate that its hot, but lets face it, when was the last time you got a steaming hot hotdog?

giphy (resized).png
#1505 3 days ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Testing an animated smoke effect cartoon type. For now, what looks good is the character dancing with the smoke

I have my doubts that sauce or smoke will even be visible to the player. Personally I feel this one is more than acceptable to ship.

#1506 3 days ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I have my doubts that sauce or smoke will even be visible to the player. Personally I feel this one is more than acceptable to ship.

Totally agree....I think you've earned the right to start realizing ROI. I'm ready to contribute...If you have a definitive price/list/timeline to receive, I'm ready to buy one ( as are many, I believe).

#1507 1 day ago

A new test, and we are closer to the end. A new type of text, and we put the sauces but with a more subtle effect, I think it looks good, although we still have to do some more tests and some changes.

Things I have told the designer to modify:

1.- Make Hotdog text somewhat smaller, and reduce the thickness of the black outline. (picture attached).
2.- Make the mustard color in a more yellow tone, so that it does not get confused with the background.
3.- Reverse the colors of the sauces, red with yellow letter, yellow with red letter.
4.- Make the character's dance more varied.
5.- Add a new smoke effect, more subtle and transparent. We are doing tests.
6.- Synchronize the character's dance with the music we use in the final version.

hotdog_small_text_002_.jpg
#1508 1 day ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Totally agree....I think you've earned the right to start realizing ROI. I'm ready to contribute...If you have a definitive price/list/timeline to receive, I'm ready to buy one ( as are many, I believe).

You guys must be new around here...

#1509 22 hours ago

Following...

#1510 19 hours ago
wait (resized).jpg
#1511 13 hours ago

Dude, skip the text, we know what hot dogs, popcorn and soda are! Don't forget the colors of the game are mainly green and not to clash with those colors, work with colors already used in the game, and fonts for that matter. OK you owe me 2 cents, carry on ........

#1512 13 hours ago
Quoted from NYP:

Dude, skip the text, we know what hot dogs, popcorn and soda are! Don't forget the colors of the game are mainly green and not to clash with those colors, work with colors already used in the game, and fonts for that matter. OK you owe me 2 cents, carry on ........

As I understand it, you will have the option to turn text on or off.

#1513 5 hours ago

Near the end of this video, the following changes have been made:

1.- A new dance for the character is tested, with more varied movements.
2.- We put the final soundtrack for this animation.
3.- We reduce the size of the text, and the thickness of the black outline of it is also reduced.
4.- The color of the sauces is reversed with respect to the text.

And in these things we are working, to finish it definitively and move on to the Ice Cream video:

1.- Redesign the left arm to give a better movement in the dance.
2.- Mix both colors, red and yellow in the effect of the sauces for the entire text.
3.- Include the effect of the sauces, two or three times more during the video.
4.- Add some puddles of sauces on the ground.
5.- Add a new smoke effect, this time we will add some transparency, and it will come from the top front of the hot dog, to make it more realistic.

We have also started to work on animation using the 3D model of the Creature. There are many things to correct, for example the waist and shoulder joints are not correct, as I have already indicated to the designer. However this video will be the last on the list to finish.

#1514 4 hours ago

a minor observation

the reflections on the snack food's glasses are a bit jarring. shouldn't they shift fast, slow or not at all based on the character's movement? currently, the lines don't seem to move relative to how the character is moving

#1515 4 hours ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a minor observation
the reflections on the snack food's glasses are a bit jarring. shouldn't they shift fast, slow or not at all based on the character's movement? currently, the lines don't seem to move relative to how the character is moving

Certainly, with the last dance step that has been added to the character, the reflections in the glasses are not synchronized with the movement of the character, the designer is already fixing it.

#1516 4 hours ago

It looks great, lets just get this thing selling before I sell my Creech.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wood Dale, IL
$ 28.00
Boards
PinSound
There are 1516 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside