Topic Stats

• 2,004 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by pinballsp
  • Topic is favorited by 230 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 700 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LISTA_VIDEOS_p_.jpg
vlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h53m51s807.png
vlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h53m32s031.png
vlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h52m49s482.png
vlcsnap-2020-06-27-05h52m20s234.png
creature color swims (resized).jpg
creature black lagoon richard denning spear 2 (resized).jpg
creature black lagoon 1750 65 (resized).jpg
jackpot_f003.jpg
Jackpot_002.jpg
Jackpot_001.jpg
buceador_criatura.jpg
criatura_002.jpg
criatura.jpg
storyboard_1.jpg
Jackpot_001.jpg

There are 2004 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 41.
#1451 8 months ago

Saw 11 new posts... expected another "final" version with a list of changes still to decide... thread did not disappoint

#1452 8 months ago

Unless there is some level of significant performance gain I'm not seeing the lazy factor being a problem in auto-routing. It's like calling me lazy because I boil an egg in a pot in 10 minutes rather than sous vide'ing the damn egg for an hour... if that is what makes me lazy I'm okay with that, at least I've eaten and moved on to other things... I acknowledge the odd analogy, it is timely in my current world of debating the benefits of a sous vide machine .

#1453 8 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Unless there is some level of significant performance gain I'm not seeing the lazy factor being a problem in auto-routing. It's like calling me lazy because I boil an egg in a pot in 10 minutes rather than sous vide'ing the damn egg for an hour... if that is what makes me lazy I'm okay with that, at least I've eaten and moved on to other things... I acknowledge the odd analogy, it is timely in my current world of debating the benefits of a sous vide machine .

It's like complaining about a slightly messy, but perfectly good weld ... which happens to be internal, and which you don't see.

#1454 8 months ago

I think it just makes him feel knowledgeable and superior to point out something that most of us wouldn’t notice or care about. Unnecessary and stupid to be quite honest. If you can design a better board then why aren’t you tackling this project?

#1455 8 months ago
Quoted from TomN:

If you can design a better board then why aren’t you tackling this project?

Because it's easier (and lazy) to bullshit instead of doing something.....

#1456 8 months ago

I see it as if the board layout is that messy what is the rest of the code / architecture like? probably as equally cobbled together as the pcb's
Only good looking part is the artwork made by a third party.

If i was to design these boards id lay them out correctly.

pinballSP goes around "Trolling" other peoples projects on this and other forums so i'm just returning the favor, it works both ways!

#1457 8 months ago

This will definitely be the look of the popcorn video. We will use the same background as in the video of the Cola, no other color combination looks as good as this. The designer is now making the latest changes and I publish the final video.

We put some more popcorn on the ground, and we reduced the amount of popcorn in the character's box, because it didn't fit very well.

And with these corrections, video finished. I think that as soon as the designer finishes with the 4 characters of the Snackbar's food (it only remains to make the ice cream and the hot dog), I already open the order list and publish the video of the complete product running on the machine, in addition to indicating prices, shipping costs, payment methods, delivery times and all the details.

popcorn_final.jpg

#1458 8 months ago
Quoted from russdx:

I think this is the key statement right here. You are not designing these boards.

pinballsp this project is really coming together nicely and I like what you have done.

#1459 8 months ago
Quoted from russdx:

They are correct, just not to your taste.

Quoted from russdx:

pinballSP goes around "Trolling" other peoples projects on this and other forums so i'm just returning the favor, it works both ways!

Please find something more positive to do with your time.

#1460 8 months ago

I don't get why people are shitting on this product. The guy isn't asking a cent in advance. He owes all of us exactly nothing. If he wants to polish it for another year, that's his decision. I was skeptical about the videos but they are actually looking great and keeping right with the theme of the game.

And regarding lazy board design or inelegant code, who gives a shit? He's not writing commercial airline autopilot software. All I care is that it works, looks great and has a reasonable price point.

#1461 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

This will definitely be the look of the popcorn video. We will use the same background as in the video of the Cola, no other color combination looks as good as this. The designer is now making the latest changes and I publish the final video.
We put some more popcorn on the ground, and we reduced the amount of popcorn in the character's box, because it didn't fit very well.
And with these corrections, video finished. I think that as soon as the designer finishes with the 4 characters of the Snackbar's food (it only remains to make the ice cream and the hot dog), I already open the order list and publish the video of the complete product running on the machine, in addition to indicating prices, shipping costs, payment methods, delivery times and all the details.

[quoted image]

Love the popcorn character! I think the popcorn and ticket on the ground look great but I’m not sure the film matches stylistically. Just my opinion.

#1462 8 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Love the popcorn character! I think the popcorn and ticket on the ground look great but I’m not sure the film matches stylistically. Just my opinion.

I agree. It is a case of "less is more". The film strip in not necessary and it one layer too many. It takes away from the popcorn character.

#1463 8 months ago

Final version of the Popcorn video, with two options, with and without text.

We go with another video, probably the Ice Cream or the Hot Dog, and as soon as those two videos are finished, I will open the Order List for those interested in buying the product.

#1464 8 months ago

Looking great!

#1465 8 months ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I don't get why people are shitting on this product.

Because of the history with the guy... at least now he's paying(?) other people to do the work so it has a chance of getting done. He loves doing hardware prototypes... and his pattern has been to always keep finding the next revision to make instead of just finishing the project. And when he gets close, he starts another project, which they keeps him from finishing the prior one... and the cycle continues. But we get to see like 30 “final” versions of each along the way

#1466 8 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because of the history with the guy... at least now he's paying(?) other people to do the work so it has a chance of getting done. He loves doing hardware prototypes... and his pattern has been to always keep finding the next revision to make instead of just finishing the project. And when he gets close, he starts another project, which they keeps him from finishing the prior one... and the cycle continues. But we get to see like 30 “final” versions of each along the way

Do you actually have a history of ordering a product from him and not receiving it? This project has been in the works for quite a while true...It seems to be a very challenging thing to pull off. Honestly cannot believe he would spend this much time, effort and money only to pull the rug out on the final lap. Looking forward to picking one up. Maybe a good Christmas present to me from me

#1467 8 months ago
Quoted from TomN:

. Maybe a good Christmas present to me from me

Christmas 2022

#1468 8 months ago
Quoted from TomN:

Honestly cannot believe he would spend this much time, effort and money only to pull the rug out on the final lap

I'll tell you now... get ready for a steady stream of updates on his pop bumper cap project... and new revisions of the hardware of the DMD panels... The guy likes designing and playing with hardware.. not running a business.

#1469 8 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'll tell you now... get ready for a steady stream of updates on his pop bumper cap project... and new revisions of the hardware of the DMD panels... The guy likes designing and playing with hardware.. not running a business.

I think also. 20 month ago, I bought a DMDMK66 from pinballsp, he tell me I can use full colorization in a short time with magic editor. And now, there is a magic editor available, but no firmware for the display to use it

And now, you can me put me to your german troll list

#1470 8 months ago
Quoted from Twister:

I think also. 20 month ago, I bought a DMDMK66 from pinballsp, he tell me I can use full colorization in a short time with magic editor. And now, there is a magic editor available, but no firmware for the display to use it
And now, you can me put me to your german troll list

I must admit that I really like the video work which is shown in this thread. I really hope that this all will come to reality in a mod.
and I think it could be all so easy by joining forces. I have ported pin2dmd just for fun to DMDMK66 and demonstrated that full color is possible with this hardware too. Steve already released a working Video Holo Mod for CFTBL based on his Tilt!Audio project. As a kind of spinoff of his project I just designed and successfully tested a WPC-Bus-Enhancer pcb making it possible to trigger other hardware by sound commands without replacing the original Soundcard. Which means we have all hard and software in place needed to release this project . What Steve and I just don´t like is packing, assembling and shipping things. We both have a well paid daily job and don´t enjoy to do such things in our spare time. Although Luis keeps calling us trolls we are still open for suggestions of cooperation. I think we all want to see this come to life and to be honest internet comments of any kind have nothing to do with real life communication. Send me or Steve a e-mail if you want to cooperate. I´m even in Valencia in 2 weeks if you want to speak personally. If you are close to a release of your own hard and software or are not interested just discard this post.

#1471 8 months ago

Why just not leave it with only the original style-the creature to show when multiball start?
And after that in the time-for some small money to sell every video and everyone to uploaded what they want.
There is so much owners that waiting for this and I'm sure that everyone want at least to show the creature after that the next things,because this is the main problem of the most machines-their hologram.
If you continue like this it can take 1-2-3 years.
Just make the owners happy with basic finished product.
I'm sure that most of them have their patience,but you don't know if someone other smart guy will not show up with the same idea and to get the money for your work.

#1472 8 months ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Why just not leave it with only the original style-the creature to show when multiball start?
And after that in the time-for some small money to sell every video and everyone to uploaded what they want.
There is so much owners that waiting for this and I'm sure that everyone want at least to show the creature after that the next things,because this is the main problem of the most machines-their hologram.
If you continue like this it can take 1-2-3 years.
Just make the owners happy with basic finished product.
I'm sure that most of them have their patience,but you don't know if someone other smart guy will not show up with the same idea and to get the money for your work.

I have already said, TWO more videos (ice cream, hot dog), and the ORDER LIST OPENS.

There will be three packages, basic, medium and complete, depending on the number of videos. The videos of the basic package are already made, as seen in the list of videos I published. Those who buy the medium and complete packages will receive the rest of the videos as downloadable updates of the Github, some of those videos are already made.

The designer has already told me that these two videos (ice cream and hot dog), will be easier to make, in the others the liquid and the drops of the Cola had to be animated, and the popcorn. So there is very little left to offer the product.

As for those who are dedicated to copying, plagiarizing, stealing and hacking, unfortunately it is an evil that all of us who create something have to suffer. This is unfortunately this world, some create things and others are dedicated to steal them (designs, hardware, source code). Here you can see a perfect example of people dedicated to copying, plagiarizing, stealing and cheating, a kind of organized gang. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/germangamingsupplies-missing-order-scam/page/3#post-5284654

#1473 8 months ago

Cool news that this thing will alive.I just want to see how will look installed.
Good work.

#1474 8 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would prefer something over nothing

There is always the fallback of using a reproduction hologram:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-15953HOL

#1475 8 months ago

Those are better than nothing but look like garbage compared to an original IMO.

#1477 8 months ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Cool news that this thing will alive.I just want to see how will look installed.
Good work.

Yes, do not worry, I will post a video of the product installed on the machine and working, before accepting orders.

#1478 8 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

IDK maybe because I work in video games I'm more sympathetic to someone who is clearly passionate about his product and is willing to go the extra distance to get it all right. He's clearly making progress, making regular updates, and has gone from prototyping to finalizing key aspects of the product. I mentioned months ago that the videos would take a hell of a long time to get right. They are, and I'm gratified and excited that the developer here is taking the time to make them right.

And you know, it's his right to take as long as he wants, work with whomever he wants, kill projects at his own whim for whatever GD reason he wants too. Get over it, man.

Personally I really like seeing all the versions and going along with the journey. He's clearly looking for feedback from buyers, and clearly taking it on board. What The literal F is wrong with that?

#1479 8 months ago
Quoted from Brijam:

IDK maybe because I work in video games I'm more sympathetic to someone who is clearly passionate about his product and is willing to go the extra distance to get it all right. He's clearly making progress, making regular updates, and has gone from prototyping to finalizing key aspects of the product. I mentioned months ago that the videos would take a hell of a long time to get right. They are, and I'm gratified and excited that the developer here is taking the time to make them right.
And you know, it's his right to take as long as he wants, work with whomever he wants, kill projects at his own whim for whatever GD reason he wants too. Get over it, man.
Personally I really like seeing all the versions and going along with the journey. He's clearly looking for feedback from buyers, and clearly taking it on board. What The literal F is wrong with that?

You act like this is the first time round with this guy. If people would do some simple homework maybe they'd understand why other people are not as gung ho on all the promises.
It's amazing what effort people will go to bury their heads just to get the product they want.

And FWIW I work in product development as well... which is why the alarms won't turn off in my head. 15+ years in software lead roles and getting stuff DONE and out the door. This guy has been the poster child of engineers without an adult in the room to keep the business and marketing sense in the discussion.

#1480 8 months ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That was kind of my point....cola is more universal. Soda is very regional.

The developer of this mod is Spanish... he of all people should know cola in Spanish = asshole

#1481 8 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You act like this is the first time round with this guy.

And you act like he owes you something. Last I looked, you weren't an investor or his boss.

Quoted from flynnibus:

This guy has been the poster child of engineers without an adult in the room to keep the business and marketing sense in the discussion.

In my experience those business and marketing fucks that want to monetize the air we breathe and push half-baked product out the door to meet their quarterly profit goals are the real problem.

This guy? It's obvious to me that he's taking his time doing the right things - not releasing early, keeping to his vision while taking on board customer input, posting frequent updates. He's worked on several projects. Some didn't work out. Do you know anyone with a 100% track record? In any industry?

I'm happy to wait until he thinks his product is ready. It looks to be coming together really well!

#1482 8 months ago

First tests for the Hotdog dance. Four dance proposals, I have chosen 3 and 4, which are the most acceptable, basically because of the location and movement of the character's left arm.

We are choosing the music and synchronizing with the movement of the character, we add the background and finished video. As I said, these two videos, the Hotdog and the Ice Cream will end quickly, and everything will be ready to open the order list.

ScreenHunter_065.jpg

#1483 8 months ago

Yes I think HotDog Dance 3 is the best.

Are you going to be videoing the working solution in a CFTBL before opening the order list, or when is that likely to happen? I'd just like to see it running (events being triggered during a game and the timing of the video clips against the DMD animations).

Really looking forward to this mod - great work. Congrats!!

#1484 8 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you going to be videoing the working solution in a CFTBL before opening the order list, or when is that likely to happen? I'd just like to see it running (events being triggered during a game and the timing of the video clips against the DMD animations).

Quoted from pinballsp:

Yes, do not worry, I will post a video of the product installed on the machine and working, before accepting orders.

And the answer to when hasn’t changed in two years... it will happen when it’s ready.

#1485 8 months ago

IMO this mod will probably act as a catalyst for people to finally do an upgraded ROM with new modes and tweaks.

The media looks like it'll be great, should inspire some people.

#1486 8 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I will post a couple of videos of the product working, one on my desk with the CPU, a DMD and my LED TEST board, and another video with the complete kit installed in a Creature.

I will publish the videos before accepting payments for the orders, that is between opening the list of orders and accepting payments, because the order list will be open for a few days, I think that one week will be enough.

Quoted from Manny65:

Thanks.

#1487 8 months ago
Quoted from Brijam:

And you act like he owes you something. Last I looked, you weren't an investor or his boss.

In my experience those business and marketing fucks that want to monetize the air we breathe and push half-baked product out the door to meet their quarterly profit goals are the real problem.
This guy? It's obvious to me that he's taking his time doing the right things - not releasing early, keeping to his vision while taking on board customer input, posting frequent updates. He's worked on several projects. Some didn't work out. Do you know anyone with a 100% track record? In any industry?
I'm happy to wait until he thinks his product is ready. It looks to be coming together really well!

You are simply willing to give him the benefit of doubt... thats fine... but i would really suggest you do some homework on the patterns before you lay yourself out like this.

#1488 8 months ago

Hotdog dance test, with various styles of music and background.
There are quite a few things to correct yet, the character is not correctly synchronized with the music, and also the movement of dance type 4 is too slow and with little displacement of character, it does not fit.

I don't like the text, we are going to change it, trying one word next to the other, instead of below. And I want to add some special effect, so that the video is not so simple compared to the other two that have already been made. Maybe add some jars of Ketchup and mustard, a smoke effect for hot food and maybe a drip of ketchup / mustard in the letters of the text.

ScreenHunter_068.jpg
#1489 8 months ago

I will choose the animations without the text for my game, and please....NO KETCHUP!!

pasted_image (resized).png
#1490 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Hotdog dance test, with various styles of music and background.
There are quite a few things to correct yet, the character is not correctly synchronized with the music, and also the movement of dance type 4 is too slow and with little displacement of character, it does not fit.
I don't like the text, we are going to change it, trying one word next to the other, instead of below. And I want to add some special effect, so that the video is not so simple compared to the other two that have already been made. Maybe add some jars of Ketchup and mustard, a smoke effect for hot food and maybe a drip of ketchup / mustard in the letters of the text.

[quoted image]

Should it hot dog singular not plural? There is only one hot dog, so having the "s" at the end seems incorrect to me.

#1491 8 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Should it hot dog singular not plural? There is only one hot dog, so having the "s" at the end seems incorrect to me.

But there are lots more for sale at the concession counter So plural is proper at least to me.

#1492 8 months ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

But there are lots more for sale at the concession counter So plural is proper at least to me.

But if we use this logic then it should be POPCORNS and COLAS.

#1493 8 months ago

Ok, change it to Wieners.

#1494 8 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

But if we use this logic then it should be POPCORNS and COLAS

Err, no.

#1495 8 months ago

That was my point.

#1496 8 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

That was my point.

No....

One says "Cola for sale" not "Colas for sale". One says "Popcorn for sale" not "Popcorns for sale". One does say "Hotdogs for sale" not "Hotdog for sale"...unless it's your only Hotdog.

#1497 8 months ago

How about video of the creature chasing the girl and hiding in a cave.

#1498 8 months ago
Quoted from robertmee:

No....
One says "Cola for sale" not "Colas for sale". One says "Popcorn for sale" not "Popcorns for sale". One does say "Hotdogs for sale" not "Hotdog for sale"...unless it's your only Hotdog.

I understand. A Creech is a faraway goal for me, so this mod is even further away. If either ever do happen I'll play with the texted off.

In the meantime I'll go and buy a hotdogs.

#1499 8 months ago

Testing an animated smoke effect cartoon type. For now, what looks good is the character dancing with the smoke and the text without the effects of sauces (as they appear in this video). An effect of sauces that fall on the text (as seen in the video) was tested, but it does not fit. The character's dance is not yet synchronized with the music, we are trying things.

To try, to see if we can add something else that looks good and does not overload the look of the video.
1.- Test with some transparency in the smoke
2.- Test that the smoke appears in front of the letters.
3.- Try on the letters the sauces, but that do not fall from above, that are already and drip ahead of the letters, combining yellow letter with red ketchup for HOT and red letter with yellow mustard for DOG.
4.- Try if it is good to add some ketchup and mustard puddles on the ground, which would be the result of dripping from the letters.

PS: Chicago version, without text, will be available.

#1500 8 months ago

Looks like he is blowing his muck out the top of his hotdog.
Bukakke hotdog

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 279.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bakersfield, CA
There are 2004 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 41.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside