Topic Stats

• 1,809 posts
  • 254 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by pinballsp
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 648 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

holo_components_004.jpg
holo_components_003.jpg
holo_components_002.jpg
holo_components_001.jpg
HOLO_003.jpg
HOLO_002.jpg
HOLO_001.jpg
lista_videos.jpg
HOLO_board.jpg
jackpot_003.jpg
photo_2020-03-03_13-28-37.jpg
jackpot_001.jpg
photo_2020-03-03_13-28-23.jpg
jackpot_005.jpg
jackpot_004.jpg
jackpot_001.jpg

There are 1809 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 37.
#101 3 years ago

cool, nice work and please put me on the interested list....

#102 3 years ago

Please add me as well. Looks like this will be a great addition.

#103 3 years ago

I'm interested as well. My original hologram is still kicking, but seems to turn a little more blue every year.

#104 3 years ago

PLEASE add me to the list ... AWESOME JOB!

#105 3 years ago

Amazing please keep me on list as well!

#106 3 years ago

We you know I'm in. I was the fourth person that said I wanted in but know I'm iner. It looks better and better.

#107 3 years ago

I would be in on one!

#108 3 years ago

Looks awesome keep up the great work I bought a creature with the LCD mod and it's fantastic Not sure who did it but it's well worth the upgrade

#109 3 years ago

This looks awesome! I'll be following this thread very closely.

Please add me to the buyers list. Thanks for doing this!

#110 3 years ago

Thank you everybody for support. I will keep you informed of tests and progress.
Now I'm testing with Adobe After Effects software, editing, remastering and coloring the scenes of the movie, to be able to offer high quality videos in color.

Along this week I will receive the PCB for the HOLO MODSP board, then I will may assemble first prototype and start to test with Raspberry Pi3 and develop software with QT Creator in C++ language.

About movie scenes to do videos, I like this example to trigger event "Shoot to the Left or Right ramp" (for right ramp, its same but image inverted horizontally, I may do it with Adobe Premiere or After Effects software).

Obviously I will extract all movie scenes from original film with better quality, properly dimensions for vertical video, will zoom correctly, will remaster, modify speed, Add logo text with Blink effect "Shoot to the..." , chain several in loop, apply mask and color.

tumblr_ohdzyeCPxW1vpdgugo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy (1).gif

#112 3 years ago

Any updates? excited to see whats going on!

#113 3 years ago

I'm waiting for PCB boards, I will receive tomorrow or Monday. Then I will may assemble and start to test hardware, I have already all components to assemble board.

Also I have here a WPC CPU board, Creature Rom file, a virgin Rom chip, programmer to burn Creature Rom, video board and DMD, all to run game at my working table. And to replace playfield I connect this board I developed time ago with the full matrix switch (up to 64 switches), so I may play any game without the full machine, for test all my products (mainly now DMD).

13173317_1041532795926956_2645985449336207116_o.jpg

#114 3 years ago

Fucking awesome

#115 3 years ago

Fantastic.
I would like to buy one when its ready.
What a great jobb you have done

#116 3 years ago

Finally I will receive PCB boards tomorrow. According with DHL tracking, package from China, is now in Germany, and when this happen, DHL always delivery my package next day.

Also I have order a TFT for a portuguese friend that has the Creature machine, so as soon as I assemble a full prototype, I will send it to my friend to install in a real machine, test and take pictures and videos about install process and product working.

Today I received a new kind of quick splice connectors with plug-unplug feature, for easy and fast install to get 12VDC, to provide power supply to TFT display. And my board install a 5v switched DC-DC to provide power supply to Raspberry Pi. Practically all is ready to assemble and test first hardware prototype.

ScreenHunter_035.jpg
DMDST32_12VDC_002_.jpg

#117 3 years ago

You should do a bundle with your MK66 128*32 colour LED display when they're both ready.

In fact the whole thing would be a great candidate for a 2.0 if you could get a rule coder and someone to do animations on.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You should do a bundle with your MK66 128*32 colour LED display when they're both ready.
In fact the whole thing would be a great candidate for a 2.0 if you could get a rule coder and someone to do animations on.

Hell yea.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Yes, from this mod I will do a Topper, versions with TFT and with P5 Led panels. I think the best hardware option for a Topper is a Raspberry Pi instead of a microcontroller, even to do a DMD is also better a Raspberry Pi (may be I will try to use RPY Compute 3 for a DMD).

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Yes, from this mod I will do a Topper, versions with TFT and with P5 Led panels. I think the best hardware option for a Topper is a Raspberry Pi instead of a microcontroller, even to do a DMD is also better a Raspberry Pi (may be I will try to use RPY Compute 3 for a DMD).

What, so you're considering scrapping the DMDMK66 project for a RPi driven one, now?

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

What, so you're considering scrapping the DMDMK66 project for a RPi driven one, now?

No.
May share most of source code with different hardware (these, both are ARM and even compile with same C++ GCC compiler), no problem about it. Also software to colorize may be always same.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

No.
May share most of source code with different hardware (these, both are ARM and even compile with same C++ GCC compiler), no problem about it. Also software to colorize may be always same.

"even to do a DMD is also better a Raspberry Pi (may be I will try to use RPY Compute 3 for a DMD)."

But what's the point of having two hardware systems for DMD? One to rule them all is surely better? If not for you, then to prevent confusion in the marketplace.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

"even to do a DMD is also better a Raspberry Pi (may be I will try to use RPY Compute 3 for a DMD)."
But what's the point of having two hardware systems for DMD? One to rule them all is surely better? If not for you, then to prevent confusion in the marketplace.

DMDMK64 based on Kinetis is yet a prototype, all software routines may translate to different hardware, no problem about it. Finally will be only one system, but do not know yet if will be a Kinetis MCU or a Compute 3, its not important, product keep same features or may be even improve .

With Compute3, there is also HDMI video output, big flash memory for more complex sofware, faster, cheap. Really there are many advantages work with a SOC instead of work with a microcontroller. But this is only internal features for my development, user only will see a DMD multicolor working with advanced color.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

DMDMK64 based on Kinetis is yet a prototype, all software routines may translate to different hardware, no problem about it. Finally will be only one system, but do not know yet if will be a Kinetis MCU or a Compute 3, its not important, product keep same features or may be even improve .
With Compute3, there is also HDMI video output, big flash memory for more complex sofware, faster, cheap. Really there are many advantages work with a SOC instead of work with a microcontroller. But this is only internal features for my development, user only will see a DMD multicolor working with advanced color.

Well, it sounds like you're convinced the Pi is the way forward. Would probably also be useful if you wanted outside help with something, as so many people are familiar with Raspberry Pi, now.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Bueno, suena como si estuviera convencido de la Pi es el camino a seguir. Probablemente también sería útil si quería ayuda externa con algo, ya que muchas personas están familiarizadas con Frambuesa Pi, ahora.

I must test yet, but currently all software is developed for DMDMK64 with Kinetis. For Raspberry I have libraries to control led panels and also to read pinball data, only need apply routines to colorize by Key Frame.

Really I may develop standard routines and use it in both systems, no problem about it. Each system has advantages, Kinetis does not depend on third party products, but RPY is more powerful. I like both, so to work with both I have decided to do the Topper with Raspberry, and currently keep Kinetis for DMD.

#126 3 years ago

God I wish I was intelligent enough to do shit like this.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

God I wish I was intelligent enough to do shit like this.

or understand what in the world they are talking about!

#128 3 years ago

I somewhat understand what that are talking about but there is no way I could begin to do it

#129 3 years ago

I can advance where the power supply voltage of 12v DC will be connected in the HOLO MODSP kit, with two quick splice plug-unpplug connectors, so very easy and fast. The HOLO MODSP board install a DC-DC switched to get 5 volt for Raspberry Pi, and with a round jack provide 12V DC for TFT display.

As soon as my friend install the full kit in his Creature, he will take pictures about product installed, to see with details how install it. It will be very easy, I will provide full instructions, pictures and videos about it.

Unfortunately I did not receive the PCB board this Friday, because it was local holiday, so I will receive it on Monday.

WPC89_001 .jpg
WPC89_002.jpg
WPC89_003.jpg
db7ea56718c7e86311317986aa8b5d2853b059c6.jpg

#130 3 years ago

I would also have one of this please How will the pre order happen please?

#131 3 years ago

Looks cool so far!

Whatever happened to the Creature hologram project that MikeD was working on years ago?

#132 3 years ago

What an awesome project !! Would love one of these when they are available !

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Liti:

I would also have one of this please How will the pre order happen please?

Hello.

As soon as product is ready and 100% working, I will fix price and will offer to may place order.
There is no pre-order (order/pay before product is ready), and I never request money in advance.

Don't worry, I manufacture the product, so not problem about availability, the only that may delay is if TFT display is out of stock, at any rate I have several providers about it.

#134 3 years ago

Can't wait! Take all the time you need. Don't rush it. This table deserves the best for this project!

#135 3 years ago

Following this thread. Great work. Very exciting

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Looks cool so far!
Whatever happened to the Creature hologram project that MikeD was working on years ago?

It was completed and he sold a bunch of the kits, I have one. But he recently decided to stop producing them, that's when this project rolled forward to step in.

#137 3 years ago

I was considering selling my Creature. Downsizing my collection a bit. Not now! A mod as cool as this means Creature is staying! Something else will have to go. Can't wait!

#138 3 years ago

Today PCB boards received, so along nex days I will assemble prototype and will start to program the firmware and test videos.

In final version, probably, I will do some small modifications, the flat cable to connect to outputs will be 2x8 instead of 2x9.

verde_001.jpg
verde_002.jpg
verde_003.jpg

#139 3 years ago

And some more pictures, to see the look of the board connected to Raspberry Pi3, fit perfectly.

verde_004.jpg

verde_005.jpg

verde_006.jpg

verde_007.jpg

verde_008.jpg

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Hello.
As soon as product is ready and 100% working, I will fix price and will offer to may place order.
There is no pre-order (order/pay before product is ready), and I never request money in advance.
Don't worry, I manufacture the product, so not problem about availability, the only that may delay is if TFT display is out of stock, at any rate I have several providers about it.

Thanks for your reply!

Good luck!

#141 3 years ago

I want one and I don't own a creature . May start a search

#142 3 years ago

Put me down for one. Looks great!

#143 3 years ago

I would definitely buy once you get it into production! Looks like it will be great!

#144 3 years ago

I will take one of these beauties. Fantastic effort and kudos on your dedication to get this moving along.

#145 3 years ago

My poor Creech is ugly and black. I'm happy there is a better solution (again)!

#146 3 years ago

Put me down if you're taking names.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Put me down if you're taking names.

Do we have a ballpark price yet?

#148 3 years ago

Definitely want one of these for my Creech!

#149 3 years ago

My original hologram is still green and in good shape, I have a brand new OEM hologram I purchased decades ago, I have one of MikeD's kits in my game...and I'd still like to be put on the list for your new CFTBL mod (I'd buy one just in case your images are even better than Mike's fine vids).

#150 3 years ago

Excellent work Luis, very interested in your hologram, good continuation...............................

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dunwoody, GA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cairo, CAIRO GOVERNORATE
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 1809 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside