CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 62.
#1401 4 years ago

Cola video final version.

It has animated the background rays, the letters Cola and the glass of Cola dancing. Gas bubbles are also added. Background music and sound of the gas bubbles of the drink is added. Versions with the liquid in brown and red were tested, but in the end the best one is the original white and so it stays.

In the video of the Cola, I told the designer to try to better synchronize the rhythm of the music with the dance of the character, it seems that it goes a little out of time, and incidentally we tried with the gas bubbles throughout the background Let's see how it looks.

And we already work on another video, the designer tells me that he is already working with the PopCorn video.

#1402 4 years ago

The video looks awesome - and i know taste is different for all of us, but i would probably prefer it without the text "cola" as well.

But even with the text it looks amazing!

#1403 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

The video looks awesome - and i know taste is different for all of us, but i would probably prefer it without the text "cola" as well.
But even with the text it looks amazing!

I like the animation of Cola turning into bubbles. Go with what you like, as you're never going to please us all.

#1404 4 years ago

yes no text 'cola', and the liquid could be brown instead of white. But again that is what you get when you show stuf in progress. Just show the final and we all will be happy and live with it as is.

#1405 4 years ago

Variations on the video of the Cola. Synchronized the sound with the dance of the character, changes in the letters (the thickness of the white is increased), change of the color of the liquid by one similar to that of the Cola using a gradient.

As for the background, I prefer the previous one with the background rays, this is a test of the designer. Or I may leave both videos and the program select one at random each time the video in the Cola is triggered.

This video is already finished, with both background versions, and we continue with the design of a new video, now working on the Popcorn animation video.

#1406 4 years ago

Agreed, sometimes you must let your imagination do the work. Is there cola in the cup?

#1407 4 years ago

Really nice work!Waiting for the release of this great mod!

#1408 4 years ago

I would probably use the rays in the background on all 4 snackbar videos. That way they kind of tie together. They can be different colors, and still easily identify that it is a snackbar hit.

#1409 4 years ago

Yes and cola is best brownish.....unless it's milk...

#1410 4 years ago

Final version of the tail animation already finished. Finally there are two files of the same animation, in which only the type of bubbles changes, one with the bubbles above the glass, and the other with the background bubbles. In these animations, the sound has been synchronized with the character's dance, the thickness of the white of the letters has increased, the liquid is now the color of the Cola and with a gradient to make it more realistic. This animation of the Cola, we have already finished, we continue with the development of new animations of the list of 24 videos of the kit.

The designer has already begun to work on the animation of Popcorn (video attached), there is still a lot to do until we have the final version, but he works very fast. I think in a few days it will also be finished.

I also attached an image of the Kit boards set to check the CPU, which I will use to check the status of all pinball signals, in my Hologram Kit tests. I have created a new adapter board to check also the Bally/Williams WPC-S and WPC95, in addition to the WPC89 that I already did to check the Creature. I have also created an interchangeable universal mini board, with two LED matrices (8x8 each one), this is used to see the status of all lamps and output signals in any Bally/Williams. This complete product will also be available for those interested in buying it, I will add it to my Facebook virtual store. Its possible than in the future I add also adapter boards to check Stern SAM and Stern WhiteStar.

CPU_TEST.jpgCPU_TEST.jpg

#1411 4 years ago

popcorn video looks cool, but the 3D glasses sliding down is so subtle that you don't notice them having slid down until he's adjusts them back up

love the cola video, but still think that the 'COLA' text is unnecessary

#1412 4 years ago

Nice animations. I'm on board with JM and others who believe the "Cola" text is unnecessary. I believe it also detracts from the actual animation work.

#1413 4 years ago

I don’t mind the cola writing, I think it pretty neat the way you made it bubble.
Each to their own, maybe you can have options with or without like you’ve done with the UFO?
But I’m happy with it as is.

#1414 4 years ago

I think the popcorn needs more butter

#1415 4 years ago

Study of the movement of popcorn, to generate the video of the animation, with an effect as realistic as possible. Let's see what the designer surprises us about the background and music for this animation, I have told them to be different for each character.

The points will be replaced by popcorn, it is adjusted so that it is in a loop and this animation is already left, for the background we can do something similar to the attached image. That above the popcorn there is an explosion, that 2D popcorn looks like the bubbles of the Cola video but instead of rising, they fall, and they accumulate on the floor

popcorn.jpgpopcorn.jpg

#1416 4 years ago

Is this mod available to purchase ?
Or a list to purchase

Looks amazing

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Is this mod available to purchase ?
Or a list to purchase
Looks amazing

No to both questions ... but it's really starting to take shape and can't be that far from being offered

#1418 4 years ago

I own 2 creech pins
Love the game
I’m in

#1419 4 years ago

I want it but I will wait for sound.

#1420 4 years ago

We continue to make progress with popcorn animation, although there are still a few things to do. This is a test for sound, the designer proposes 3 soundtracks, in this video you can hear all three. I like the second one.

I want the character to change the right hand (picture attached with my new proposal), it is very rare, although it is the original drawing somewhat reduced in size. I also want him to change the movement of his left arm so that he does not go so many times to put on his glasses.

It remains to add the background, the popcorn that falls and remains on the floor, the POPCORN text at the top and maybe a couple of more details, such as a few tickets to the drive-in and a piece of film roll. We are inspired by some images like the one attached for the additions.

cambio_mano_derecha.jpgcambio_mano_derecha.jpg

popcorn-with-clapper-board-and-movie-tickets-vintage-poster_gg65113957.jpgpopcorn-with-clapper-board-and-movie-tickets-vintage-poster_gg65113957.jpg

#1421 4 years ago

We continue with the popcorn animation. The right hand has already been corrected, we allow the right foot to be lifted during the dance, and it is reduced to one time when the left arm is moved to raise the glasses, the music that will finally have this animation is also included. There is still a better synchronization of the character's dance with the music.

Now we are adding the popcorn that falls to the ground. It is a somewhat complex process, because we have to individually animate each one, and synchronized with the popcorn that are jumping in the box. There will also be other popcorn already on the ground, to which those that fall will join.

The end result may seem simple, but in reality it is complex to make it look good, and be realistic. The graphic designer is doing a great job, following my instructions and corrections, to offer videos of the highest quality, and so it will be with all the videos, up to 24 of the kit (in its full version)

#1422 4 years ago

Awesome amount of personality you’re adding to these characters. Great work!

#1423 4 years ago

I cannot wait to order this mod and give my Creech the final touch it needs to be complete.

#1424 4 years ago

Was thinking perhaps instead of the text saying ‘Cola’ it might be better saying ‘Soda’ !?

That said I’d prefer without text.

#1425 4 years ago

I'm very interested... keep on truckin'

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Was thinking perhaps instead of the text saying ‘Cola’ it might be better saying ‘Soda’ !?

Soda? Hopefully you're kidding.

#1427 4 years ago

Here in Texas it is Coke no matter what flavor it is but I actually think POP would be good. You do what you want and it will sell.

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Soda? Hopefully you're kidding.

It’s “Pop” in much of the Midwest (Ohio, Michigan). Soda is what I grew up saying in Massachusetts, and had to transition to “Pop” upon moving to Ohio. Then when I lived in Missouri, it was super confusing, because the southern half of the state says “Coke”, the other part says “Pop”. And wherever you go, everyone thinks the rest of the country is stupid for not saying it the “correct” way.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s “Pop” in much of the Midwest (Ohio, Michigan). Soda is what I grew up saying in Massachusetts, and had to transition to “Pop” upon moving to Ohio. Then when I lived in Missouri, it was super confusing, because the southern half of the state says “Coke”, the other part says “Pop”. And wherever you go, everyone thinks the rest of the country is stupid for not saying it the “correct” way.

That was kind of my point....cola is more universal. Soda is very regional.

#1430 4 years ago

Looks better without text.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Looks better without text.

I agree. Leave it to the imagination. You are not putting "Popcorn" under the popcorn guy. Removing the text would keep things more uniform from image to image.

#1432 4 years ago

I have already told the designer, to create the four food videos (cola, popcorn, icecream, hotdog), with both versions, with text and without text for each one. Then I will put parameters in the configuration file so that the texts can be enabled or disabled.

#1433 4 years ago

The more I think about it the more I want pop.

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That was kind of my point....cola is more universal. Soda is very regional.

Essentially, that was also my point - there's no way to make everyone happy, so better to leave it off entirely.

#1435 4 years ago

I would prefer something over nothing

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would prefer something over nothing

Don't worry, you'll soon see 'the final version' along with all the comments about the changes they are making and are waiting to see the results

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Instead of the text saying ‘Cola’ it might be better saying ‘Soda’?

Quoted from zr11990:

Here in Texas it is Coke no matter what flavor it is but I actually think 'Pop' would be good.

Darn! Now I'm thirsty.

#1438 4 years ago

Just do it my way, you know its the best.

#1439 4 years ago

I'm in - can't wait for the list and cost!! Great work

#1440 4 years ago

I am blown away, this looks absolutely awesome. Cant wait to see final product. Great job!

#1441 4 years ago

Testing several backgrounds in the final version, although there are still some things to correct.

Of these backgrounds, I did not like the colors of any, so we will probably end up using the same one that was used in the COLA video. There are some more details to correct, such as adding some more popcorn on the ground, positioning the character somewhat higher and improving the popcorn that is in motion, more popcorn were added but the result does not convince me.

In general this is the final idea of the video, to which the tickets of the drive-in and the frames of the movie were added, but I don't like the background colors, the first one is very pale and the other two very dark. Since this video is almost finished, just pending making the corrections I indicated, I update the status of the list of videos in the kit, with that of the popcorn. I think the graphic designer will continue with the videos of Ice Cream and Hot Dog, to finish with the 4 characters of the SnackBar meal.

Also attached one of the animations of Cola, without text. There is another version with background bubbles, I will also do it without text.

HOLO_VIDEO_LIST2.jpgHOLO_VIDEO_LIST2.jpg
#1442 4 years ago

I am not sure the boot / diagnostics screen should count towards any what appears to be price tier packages? (almost half the basic ones) those are core components of the product and should just be included.

Sorta like app saying there basic iphone11 comes with a screen (no shit)

Not a fan of the lazy pcb designs but am really liking what the graphic designer is coming up with, hes captured the style of the machine incredibly well! looking forward to seeing the other's.

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Not a fan of the lazy pcb designs

What exactly do you see that is lazy? I have designed hundreds of pcb over 40 years in electronics and I don't really see anything lazy in his designs; they look very professional to me with a good level of explanatory text included on them and not too crammed, but not wasting space.

Just interested to see the designs through somelses eye's

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from Bakerman:

What exactly do you see that is lazy? I have designed hundreds of pcb over 40 years in electronics and I don't really see anything lazy in his designs; they look very professional to me with a good level of explanatory text included on them and not too crammed, but not wasting space.

Everything is auto routed and it looks horrible! designs this simple can easily be hand routed and be far more effient. Using the auto router on designs this simple is just lazy. It's designed for complex/compact designs not to just route any pcb. Just put some thought and love into the pcb designs and they will turn out so much nicer!!! Delete that auto router unless your designing some pc mother board or crazy soc linux design.

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from Bakerman:

Bakerman, don't waste your time responding to the TROLLs.
Unfortunately in all forums there are TROLLs, and in my threads the same TROLLs, 3 Germans and 1 English always enter.

These four disgusting guys (Luck1, Rappelbox, Malenko and Russdx) are ALWAYS bothering, criticizing meaningless, insulting, spreading lies, discrediting and provoking. Avoiding and ignoring them is the only thing that works, the greatest of contempt that is the only thing that TROLLs deserve.

In addition, some of them even create fake accounts to continue acting with impunity, this is Rappelbox, with their fake accounts sicko_fual and now with Raaalph.

They are people who do not contribute anything good to the forum, they only dedicate themselves to disturbing and releasing shit with their posts. I've long since banned them all four, so as not to waste time reading their nonsense, barbarities, lies and provocations.

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Bakerman, don't waste your time responding to the TROLLs.
Unfortunately in all forums there are TROLLs, and in my threads the same TROLLs, 3 Germans and 1 English always enter.
These four disgusting guys (Luck1, Rappelbox, Malenko and Russdx) are ALWAYS bothering, criticizing meaningless, insulting, spreading lies, discrediting and provoking. Avoiding and ignoring them is the only thing that works, the greatest of contempt that is the only thing that TROLLs deserve.
In addition, some of them even create fake accounts to continue acting with impunity, this is Rappelbox, with their fake accounts sicko_fual and now with Raaalph.
They are people who do not contribute anything good to the forum, they only dedicate themselves to disturbing and releasing shit with their posts. I've long since banned them all four, so as not to waste time reading their nonsense, barbarities, lies and provocations.

Again, you're barking up the wrong tree with Malenko, and as I'm pretty sure you know, he isn't German.

Also, I don't think it really benefits anyone (you particularly) to post something like this every time they post or troll.

Let your work speak for itself.

#1447 4 years ago

I will always post under this account nothing to hide here! Just merely pointing out using the auto router on simple pcb designs is lazy, if that makes me a troll so be it!

#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I will always post under this account nothing to hide here! Just merely pointing out using the auto router on simple pcb designs is lazy, if that makes me a troll so be it!

Yeah, but wtf do you care? I dont get that mentality. Hes providing a much needed mod. Your post is self serving at best and trolling at worst. It absolutely accomplishes nothing. I dont understand why people feel it's important to post needless criticism just for the sake of posting. Whether lazy or not, it has zero bearing on the outcome. If it works, is reliable, and does the job, that's all that matters.

#1449 4 years ago

I think that your eyes and screen resolution must be better than mine. I agree about autorouting not looking as good but nowadays it's all about the time. If the the finished design operates in a exactly the same matter customers just want the cheapest solution; manually or autorouted.

You are not trolling; just stating your opionin.

One man's lazy is another man's efficient.

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yeah, but wtf do you care? I dont get that mentality. Hes providing a much needed mod. Your post is self serving at best and trolling at worst. It absolutely accomplishes nothing. I dont understand why people feel it's important to post needless criticism just for the sake of posting. Whether lazy or not, it has zero bearing on the outcome. If it works, is reliable, and does the job, that's all that matters.

Also unprovable. But it did give the thread a bump, so the OP owes him a high five for that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 24.00
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.