CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 62.
#1301 4 years ago

I been an occasional lurker in this thread. It looks like it’s getting close. Is a line to buy being formed?

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I been an occasional lurker in this thread. It looks like it’s getting close. Is a line to buy being formed?

No list as yet, but closer by the day ...

#1303 4 years ago

Man this is fantastic. Excellent work. I am definitely in when it goes up for sale.

#1304 4 years ago

does the communication between mod and game actually work or do you only post videoplayback without connectivity to the game?

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from Raaalph:

does the communication between mod and game actually work or do you only post videoplayback without connectivity to the game?

he doesn't own a CFTBL so all the videos are not connected to a game. I believe Luis has a friend who has one who he sends parts to for testing

#1306 4 years ago

Can you do anything with this?

Monster (resized).jpgMonster (resized).jpg
#1307 4 years ago

color corrected
CftBL hologram (resized).jpgCftBL hologram (resized).jpg

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can you do anything with this?[quoted image]

With a single image, I cannot make an animation with movement, only that still image will be seen. If you can provide the 3D model, then I could animate and create the video with the creature in motion, like the original.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

With a single image, I cannot make an animation with movement, only that still image will be seen. If you can provide the 3D model, then I could animate and create the video with the creature in motion, like the original.

That’s all that’s all I go bud. It’s a pic of
The hologram. I’ll let you use my hologram If it would help but if it got damaged I would not be a happy man.

#1310 4 years ago

An alternative is to use my 3D model, this is already done, we would only have to change the texture to make it all that fluorescent green color.

It can be put in the same position as the original creature and create the animation to make the same movement. This image that I attached is my 3D model, with the latest changes and improvements that were made in the face. The model is full-length, I think I put an image long ago

40a0cd0a-f49c-4644-9d90-82d314f1e824.jpg40a0cd0a-f49c-4644-9d90-82d314f1e824.jpg

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That’s all that’s all I go bud. It’s a pic of
The hologram. I’ll let you use my hologram If it would help but if it got damaged I would not be a happy man.

Can't you record a video of the hologram in operation?

I do not have the machine, and sending that hologram to another person is a responsibility that I do not want to assume, because it would no longer depend on me to prevent damage.

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Can't you record a video of the hologram in operation?
I do not have the machine, and sending that hologram to another person is a responsibility that I do not want to assume, because it would no longer depend on me to prevent damage.

I would love to but for one my little motor that moves the hologram doesn’t work and I don’t have anything to record it with other than a phone. I love this pic and I would love for it to be a part of this mod

#1313 4 years ago

If you could use that image somehow and put it in a blueish background to make it look like the creature in water it would look awesome. I have no idea how to do that however

#1314 4 years ago

I still made some modifications to the main board of the kit. These affect the way the power supply is connected.

I have added two 4-pin male connectors, 3.96mm pitch. The kit will include a cable with two female connectors, to connect the 12v supply voltage, from any of the J116, J117 or J118 connectors on the driver board. The pinball cable that is connected to these connectors can be connected to the second 4-pin connector on the HolomodSP board.

Additionally, on the bottom side of the board, as an optional extra (with a small additional cost), I can install a round jack type connector, in order to connect an external power supply (12V DC).

All the videos that I provide are stored on the Raspberry's SD card, in this way the USB flash drive is not necessary. As for the configuration, by default all videos are enabled, as well as the options (UFO, text, bubbles with characters), in this way an SD card is not necessary on the main board.

When I release the update to be able to use your own videos replacing those of the kit, they should be stored on a USB flash drive, in the same way if someone wants to disable any video or change any settings, must insert a micro SD card into the main board to create and modify the configuration file (one is created automatically, with the default values, when inserting an empty SD card formatted in FAT32). If you want the USB flash drive and/or the micro SD card, I can include them as optional extras.

Also to update the firmware of the main board, a micro SD card is needed, only at the time of updating, then it can be removed, unless someone wants to change the default settings (disable some video, change options, use own videos ).

holo_001_bis.jpgholo_001_bis.jpgholo_002.jpgholo_002.jpg

#1315 4 years ago

Why doesn't someone contact MikeD? He has the original hologram in his video package

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Why doesn't someone contact MikeD? He has the original hologram in his video package

He gave his blessing to go ahead and make one, surly he would let us use his pics.

#1317 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

He gave his blessing to go ahead and make one, surly he would let us use his pics.

I believe those are 2 completely different subject matters. if I made a mod and someone asked me if I could make the same mod, I may say 'yes', but that would not imply that you can use the assets that I created for my mod (especially if I paid to have the assets created, which I believe mike did

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I believe those are 2 completely different subject matters. if I made a mod and someone asked me if I could make the same mod, I may say 'yes', but that would not imply that you can use the assets that I created for my mod (especially if I paid to have the assets created, which I believe mike did

Agree, two separate issues. But I did some CAD work for some unobtainable plastics and had a company make them and I sold them here...then the company I used went out of business so I no longer make them. But I've sent the cad drawings to anyone that's asked. Not sure the harm of sharing if theres no intent of ever using the asset again.

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Agree, two separate issues. But I did some CAD work for some unobtainable plastics and had a company make them and I sold them here...then the company I used went out of business so I no longer make them. But I've sent the cad drawings to anyone that's asked. Not sure the harm of sharing if theres no intent of ever using the asset again.

different situation. YOU were the one that has sent the CAD drawing since YOU were the one that created them. zr11990 is claiming that mike gave his blessings to use the assets, which he did not. mike gave his blessings to anyone that wanted to attempt to make a holograph solution. definitely not the same thing.

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

different situation. YOU were the one that has sent the CAD drawing since YOU were the one that created them. zr11990 is claiming that mike gave his blessings to use the assets, which he did not. mike gave his blessings to anyone that wanted to attempt to make a holograph solution. definitely not the same thing.

No I never said that. I said that Mike gave his blessing for someone else to make the mod. I never said anything about him saying they could use his pics. It can’t hurt to ask.

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No I never said that. I said that Mike gave his blessing for someone else to make the mod. I never said anything about him saying they could use his pics. It can’t hurt to ask.

Further that since we're just talking about the hologram, it's not really Mike's to distribute or not. I mean, I think it's the right thing to do to ask, but it's not like he sculpted the model and created the hologram. He made that kick ass mod, but the hologram video itself is just a video he took of WMS work

#1322 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Sorry...I think we crossed paths somewhere. I wasnt suggesting someone distribute Mike's work. I was suggesting that Mike may be ameniable of asked to allowing someone to use it, since he no longer appears to have a use for it.

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Sorry...I think we crossed paths somewhere. I wasnt suggesting someone distribute Mike's work. I was suggesting that Mike may be ameniable of asked to allowing someone to use it, since he no longer appears to have a use for it.

I thought I read in the DIY version of this solution thread that Mike had given him their blessing to use his video's, am I making that up? Was pretty sure someone was running with turning that into a kit and it stalled out last I recall.

#1324 4 years ago

We continue working with the videos, extracting characters from the playfield and vectorizing them for maximum quality. The car in the attached image will probably be used in the bubble video, the 3D cube/stone video and specifically in the FILM video.

I have already ordered to my supplier, the custom cables and connectors for the Kit main board. I hope to receive the PCB of the main board this week, I will assemble and test it, then I will make a video of everything working on my desk with the CPU. I will also send a complete kit to my friend Carlos, to install and test in his Creature, he has a better camera to take quality photos and videos of the complete product mounted on the machine and running with the 6 videos of the initial version.

If everything goes as I expect, I will open the order list very soon.

7fb7b843-2d39-4900-9002-ad4b5959118a.jpg7fb7b843-2d39-4900-9002-ad4b5959118a.jpgc71d8cfa-fab0-40ac-9536-639a42c4de54.jpgc71d8cfa-fab0-40ac-9536-639a42c4de54.jpg

#1325 4 years ago

I'm super impressed with the evolution of this mod and so excited that my Creech will have something in it's Black Lagoon again, can't wait! I have been following this thread for so long, that I feel like a kid doing the proverbial potty dance!

#1326 4 years ago

Really looking forward to this mod/repair...I really think what you have shown to date is absolutely awesome!

#1327 4 years ago

For the final tests I have redesigned my TEST board, removing the LED arrays from the motherboard, which are not necessary, and creating a small custom board with all the signals from the Creature board. This mini board has 92 LEDs that monitor the status of all lamps, bumpers, flashers, coils and Hologram mechanisms (64 lamps and 28 power outputs).

As for the HolomodSP Kit, the program configuration for the initial 6 videos is quite simple and finished, but the trigger of other videos is somewhat more complex, because I must combine the state of switches and lamps, with some additional strategies. Basically, the problem is that many of the lamps on the playfield, blink or activate without relation to the specific event but by some light games that the game makes, to make it more colorful.

In the attached images the new design of the TEST board, already ordered to the PCB manufacturer. The graphic designer is now rendering the final versions of the 6 videos, I am waiting to receive them, and already try everything.

ScreenHunter_028.jpgScreenHunter_028.jpgScreenHunter_034.jpgScreenHunter_034.jpg
#1328 4 years ago

Looks awesome! Count me in

The most awesome thing would be if you could capture DMD info and start your movies based on a (piece of) the DMD data that passes by.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

Looks awesome! Count me in
The most awesome thing would be if you could capture DMD info and start your movies based on a (piece of) the DMD data that passes by.

Thanks Cenobyte. I can add the DMD frame reading to trigger videos, but that requires modifying the kit hardware and using a Multicolor DMDMK66 (also modified to add a serial port).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1097-pinballsp/01682-dmdmk66-128x32-multicolor-100-plug-and-play
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1726716827369824/

With the current version, the possible combinations, of the status of any lamp, switches, flashers, bumpers, coils and hologram mechanisms, gives you many options to trigger videos. There are a total of 64 lamps, 40 switches and 28 output signals (high power, low power, flashers), pictures attached from the User Manual of the Creature, where I have marked the signals that will be used to trigger the 22 videos of the kit.

I do not think it is necessary to capture DMD frames to trigger videos, although it is something that I could study in the future, if I start doing it now the product release will be delayed much more.

DIAGRAMA_LAMPARAS_COLOR.jpgDIAGRAMA_LAMPARAS_COLOR.jpgDIAGRAMA_SALIDAS_DIRECTAS_COLOR.jpgDIAGRAMA_SALIDAS_DIRECTAS_COLOR.jpg
DIAGRAMA_SWITCHES_COLOR.jpgDIAGRAMA_SWITCHES_COLOR.jpg

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Thanks Cenobyte. I can add the DMD frame reading to trigger videos, but that requires modifying the kit hardware and using a DMDMK66 (also modified to add a serial port).
With the current version, the possible combinations, of the status of any lamp, switches, flashers, bumpers, coils and hologram mechanisms, gives you many options to trigger videos. There are a total of 64 lamps, 40 switches and 28 output signals (high power, low power, flashers), pictures attached from the User Manual of the Creature, where I have marked the signals that will be used to trigger the 22 videos of the kit.
I do not think it is necessary to capture DMD frames to trigger videos, although it is something that I could study in the future, if I start doing it now the product release will be delayed much more.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

But don't you need to use some of the switches as well, for example you want to show the Extra Ball animation when the centre shot switch is activated while the Extra Ball lamp is lit? Rescue, Jackpot or Super Jackpot animations are shown when the centre subway switch is activated while the corresponding Rescue, Jackpot or Super Jackpot lamp is lit? So it depends whether the lamp is lit to show when something is activated (eg Move your car) in which case you can trigger directly from the lamp, or if the lamp is lit to show something is available (eg Extra Ball) in which case the trigger is a combination of the lamp and the particular switch (for the shot made)

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

But don't you need to use some of the switches as well, for example you want to show the Extra Ball animation when the centre shot switch is activated while the Extra Ball lamp is lit? Rescue, Jackpot or Super Jackpot animations are shown when the centre subway switch is activated while the corresponding Rescue, Jackpot or Super Jackpot lamp is lit? So it depends whether the lamp is lit to show when something is activated (eg Move your car) in which case you can trigger directly from the lamp, or if the lamp is lit to show something is available (eg Extra Ball) in which case the trigger is a combination of the lamp and the particular switch (for the shot made)

It depends, there are videos that are easy to trigger, such as the KISS and the CREATURE FOUND, but there are other more complex ones that require combining switches and lamps.

Even it is also much more complicated, because there are lamps that flash during the game, and not only when an event is activated. The machine also makes sequential lighting of lights without being related to what each lamp indicates. Filtering and eliminating those flickers and sequences, so that they do not interfere with the triggering of a video, requires several programming tactics, which I have to see for each specific video.

It will only be checked to trigger a video, when any switch on the playfield is closed, then according to each video the program will also check the status of the lamps. And to filter and eliminate flickering lamps, the program will save the status of all lamps in the last 5 readings.

For the first 6 videos, programming is simple, but some of the other videos will be much more complicated.

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

It depends, there are videos that are easy to trigger, such as the KISS and the CREATURE FOUND, but there are other more complex ones that require combining switches and lamps.
Even it is also much more complicated, because there are lamps that flash during the game, and not only when an event is activated. The machine also makes sequential lighting of lights without being related to what each lamp indicates. Filtering and eliminating those flickers and sequences, so that they do not interfere with the triggering of a video, requires several programming tactics, which I have to see for each specific video.
It will only be checked to trigger a video, when any switch on the playfield is closed, then according to each video the program will also check the status of the lamps. And to filter and eliminate flickering lamps, the program will save the status of all lamps in the last 5 readings.
For the first 6 videos, programming is simple, but some of the other videos will be much more complicated.

Cool sounds like you have it in hand. I was just commenting based on that you hadn’t highlighted various switches.

Are you going to show the Kiss animation for the plunger skill shot or only when the left subway shot is made?

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

some of the videos you're planning to show need a delay, exact the same state as MikeD's mod several years ago did.. good luck!

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Cool sounds like you have it in hand. I was just commenting based on that you hadn’t highlighted various switches.
Are you going to show the Kiss animation for the plunger skill shot or only when the left subway shot is made?

About the KISS, in the tests I did with my LED TEST board, I only detected that the animation came out in the DMD, when closing one switch on the playfield (switch 15), I do not remember that it was triggered with two or more switches.

However, I will try everything with my new TEST board, before releasing the first firmware version.

For the video of the Creature found, I will use two of the three output signals, because there is one (I think that of the lamp), which is activated sometimes throughout the game, for a few moments, I don't know if that is a bug of the original pinball program, but I have already seen it in videos of the real machine and also in virtual.

kiss.jpgkiss.jpg

sw15_002.jpgsw15_002.jpg
#1335 4 years ago

I agree, most things can be activated by reading lamps and stuff, I was just thinking out loud because I like technical stuff like these projects.

I was wondering if you will not have unplanned activations of movies when in attract mode or if a light would come on during game play because of other situations than expected. But I'm just getting into this project and I presume you have handled all this by reading multiple switches/lights.

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

I agree, most things can be activated by reading lamps and stuff, I was just thinking out loud because I like technical stuff like these projects.
I was wondering if you will not have unplanned activations of movies when in attract mode or if a light would come on during game play because of other situations than expected. But I'm just getting into this project and I presume you have handled all this by reading multiple switches/lights.

Three background videos are planned, two of them are already made, the one with the bubbles and the one with the RITA boat, and the third one is in development (stone in the cave of the final scene of the film, which will show on their faces, images and scenes from the movie). These videos are automatically triggered at random, while there are no other videos playing.

There is another video of an Auto cinema, with scenes from the movie, but it is not yet decided in which case this video will be triggered.

There is no possibility of unexpected situations, all videos will be programmed to be triggered according to rules based on the state of switches and lamps in the game.

#1337 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

About the KISS, in the tests I did with my LED TEST board, I only detected that the animation came out in the DMD, when closing one switch on the playfield (switch 15), I do not remember that it was triggered with two or more switches.
However, I will try everything with my new TEST board, before releasing the first firmware version.
For the video of the Creature found, I will use two of the three output signals, because there is one (I think that of the lamp), which is activated sometimes throughout the game, for a few moments, I don't know if that is a bug of the original pinball program, but I have already seen it in videos of the real machine and also in virtual.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Here's some info on Kiss that may be useful (just trying to help out given you don't have a game in front of you). For the plunger Kiss skill shot, the Kiss letters cycle (first letter lit, first 2 letters lit, then 3, then 4); when the ball is plunged and switch 15 is activated you get rewarded for the letters lit at that time. If you get all 4 letters, the Kiss animation occurs and the Lips lamp 41 and F (in FILM) are turned on (note the animation won't occur if Kiss has already been achieved, that is the lamps are already lit). If letters have been previously achieved, then only those letters not yet achieved will cycle when plunging the next ball; however once you have achieved a Jackpot in multiball then the Kiss letters will no longer cycle and the Kiss skill shot will just reward the next letter. If you drain the ball while ball save is on then you get to plunge another ball however the skill shot is not active and you won't be rewarded any kiss letters. The other time you plunge is to start multiball, the Kiss skill shot is not active however the PAID (Admit One) skill shot is still active. Various shots and game features will cause the playfield lamps to flash or cycle before returning them to their previous state (this includes all the Kiss letters, Lips and Film lamps). Lastly when achieving Kiss letters, those already achieved are lit and the next letter is blinking. When the Kiss shot (left subway switch) is made the blinking letter is achieved and lit, and then the next letter starts to blink.

Hope this helps

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Here's some info on Kiss that may be useful (just trying to help out given you don't have a game in front of you). For the plunger Kiss skill shot, the Kiss letters cycle (first letter lit, first 2 letters lit, then 3, then 4); when the ball is plunged and switch 15 is activated you get rewarded for the letters lit at that time. If you get all 4 letters, the Kiss animation occurs and the Lips lamp 41 and F (in FILM) are turned on (note the animation won't occur if Kiss has already been achieved, that is the lamps are already lit). If letters have been previously achieved, then only those letters not yet achieved will cycle when plunging the next ball; however once you have achieved a Jackpot in multiball then the Kiss letters will no longer cycle and the Kiss skill shot will just reward the next letter. If you drain the ball while ball save is on then you get to plunge another ball however the skill shot is not active and you won't be rewarded any kiss letters. The other time you plunge is to start multiball, the Kiss skill shot is not active however the PAID (Admit One) skill shot is still active. Various shots and game features will cause the playfield lamps to flash or cycle before returning them to their previous state (this includes all the Kiss letters, Lips and Film lamps). Lastly when achieving Kiss letters, those already achieved are lit and the next letter is blinking. When the Kiss shot (left subway switch) is made the blinking letter is achieved and lit, and then the next letter starts to blink.
Hope this helps

Thanks Manny65, I'll check.

#1339 4 years ago

Seems from an integration standpoint, it would have been easier to interrupt the sound data to correspond to video triggers. You are basically trying to recreate the events from lamps and switches that are already programmed that drive the sounds and callouts. That's alot of duplicate engineering that's already done for you by the gsme code.

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Seems from an integration standpoint, it would have been easier to interrupt the sound data to correspond to video triggers. You are basically trying to recreate the events from lamps and switches that are already programmed that drive the sounds and callouts. That's alot of duplicate engineering that's already done for you by the gsme code.

It is an option, working with the sounds I tried it a long time ago, and I discarded it because it is much more limited than directly reading all the input / output signals of the pinball.

It is true that working with sounds allows easier programming, but with less possibilities for future updates, and especially to trigger videos in somewhat more complex situations.

In fact I have a sound card design that works with WAV/MP3 files stored on SD card, which I did many years ago, I think in 2007, based on technical information I exchanged with Ed Cheung. It is a design that can be used to trigger videos, just as it can be done with frame detection in a DMD.

In short, the product can be made in a few ways, each has its advantages and disadvantages. The simplest is for sounds (tried and rejected by me a long time ago), but it is the most limited if you want to do more elaborate things, however reading all the inputs / outputs of the pinball you have many more possibilities, but it is more complex to program.

Take this opportunity to update the status of product development.

1.- The graphic designer is rendering the 6 videos, with the final versions. It is a process that takes a long time, even with an Intel I7, there are videos that can take up to 24 hours to create. In any case, I will have them all 6 this weekend, at least that is what the designer has guaranteed me.

These videos will be with variants so that the user can configure some of them.

.- Video start with company logo
.- Video boot check system
.- Video background boat RITA
.- Video KISS (one per letter).
.- Video background bubbles (user configurable to enable / disable large bubbles with characters).
.- Video Creature Found (user configurable to activate disable UFO and "Creature Found" sign)

2.- The hardware, there has been an incident with the PCB, I attached a photo of the manufacturer, and it has been delayed. These boards are panelized, this means that, in this case, they will be assembled in panels of four boards each, so they are mounted much faster. The problem is that the manufacturer did not do them well and they broke. These panels have rails on the sides, that is quite common when they are going to be mounted in Pick and Place machine, but also in my case they also need to add 4 holes of 4.3mm in the four corners to automatically align the stencil to place the solder paste. The problem is that these rails make them 5mm wide, and put holes of 4.3mm there, they will surely break, as has happened. They are doing the boards again, this time as I suggested making those rails 7 or 8mm wide.

I hope to receive the boards next week, I guess in the second half of the week (Wednesday or Thursday).

And with this everything will be there, I'm not missing anything else, I have the acrylic bracket, the 11.6-inch screen, the final design of the main board, the first 6 videos, and custom cables and connectors are already ordered. Everything is ready to open the order list, before I will assemble everything and make some videos so that the product works on my work table with a real CPU, and on a machine (this time with better quality photos and videos, another friend who has a Creature will try it on his machine).

PCB_roto_002.jpgPCB_roto_002.jpg

#1341 4 years ago

Today I received all the PCB boards, the definitive versions for the Kit, and those of the TEST to LEDs to test the status of all the Creature pinball signals during the tests I will make of the complete kit. The PCB boards of the kit are manufactured in panels, this is the main board four PCBs per panel and the WPC output adapter are 16 boards per panel. So the manufacturing is much faster, I can mount several boards at the same time in the Pick and Place machine, and also apply solder paste to many boards at the same time.

I assemble everything and try it. I will also prepare two complete kits to be tested on real Creature pinball by my friends Orlando and Carlos, so they can take pictures and videos of everything in operation.

I also had news from the graphic designer, he has been a few days without internet access and could not send me the videos. Today he sent me the final versions of the following videos: Company logo and game name, System check, Creature (4 versions, combining with and without UFO and text "Creature found"), Kiss (one video per letter) . I still have to receive the System Check videos with one error per phase, the Bubbles video, and the RITA Boat video.

And I will have everything to open the list of orders to those interested, the price will be fixed as soon as everything is tested.

PCB_CREATURE_002.jpgPCB_CREATURE_002.jpgPCB_CREATURE_005.jpgPCB_CREATURE_005.jpg
PCB_CREATURE_003.jpgPCB_CREATURE_003.jpgPCB_CREATURE_001.jpgPCB_CREATURE_001.jpg

#1342 4 years ago

The background video of the RITA boat is already finished. In this video there are many animated things; the movement of the boat, the trees, the moon, the clouds, the focus of the boat, the boat's floats, the mast lamps flash, and the water is real extracted from another video. The text "There it is", is fixed with a visual effect from time to time.

The rest of the videos for the initial kit version are being rendered, and everything is ready for the final tests. All videos include sound, for use in a future firmware update, plus some additional hardware that may be needed.

I was checking the options to add sound, and the simplest is a cable that connects the audio output of the Raspberry, with the line input that has the pinball sound board. A more advanced option will be to use additional hardware with a DAC controller for I2S.

We also have fully rendered the classic car for a new video, some real headlights of a Chevrolet have been added. I also attached another drawing of the creature, for another of the new videos we are preparing.

As for the possible Creature video that emulates the hologram original, the designer has changed the texture to the 3D model we made, so that it resembles the fluorescent green of the hologram. The creature's posture is not yet correct (in the attached image), these are only tests, in addition light effects will be added to simulate the green fluorescence of the original. Being a 3D model we can put it in any posture and animate it as we want.

coche_pinball.jpgcoche_pinball.jpg
71281165_375150883394096_7143744701718331392_n.png71281165_375150883394096_7143744701718331392_n.pngCriatura de Frente.PNGCriatura de Frente.PNG

#1343 4 years ago

pinballsp that video is great! Will you sell me a license copy of your videos for me to add to my MikeD creech mod, or will I have to buy your whole mod?

#1344 4 years ago

As for the matter of sound, as far as hardware is concerned, I have been looking at the schemes, and fortunately there is a sound input/output line connector on the sound card.

This connector can be used both to connect an external sound amplifier, to have better sound quality, and to connect external sounds to mix them with those of the game.

I can offer as an optional extra, a cable that connects the Raspberry audio output of the kit (with a round jack), to the line input of the sound card, with a 2-pin connector. The volume would be adjusted with a parameter in the configuration file, in order to correctly balance the volume of the machine's sounds with those of the kit.

Another option is to create my own sound card. This would make the functions of triggering videos with the sounds of the game, and at the same time replace the original sound card to play our own sounds stored as WAV files on an SD card. This way its possible to customize the machine with sounds other than the originals of the game, or keep some and change others.

wpc89_sound_001.jpgwpc89_sound_001.jpgwpc89_sound_002.jpgwpc89_sound_002.jpgwpc89_sound_003.jpgwpc89_sound_003.jpg

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

pinballsp that video is great! Will you sell me a license copy of your videos for me to add to my MikeD creech mod, or will I have to buy your whole mod?

Hello mavantix

I will think about it, but there are several problems why my videos might not be used in Mike's product, or they would lose quality.

1.- Mike's videos are played horizontally, mine vertically (1080*1920).

2.- Even if Mike's monitor/TV has a Full HD resolution (1920*1080), the image is only displayed in a small part of the visible area of ​​the screen, that means a much lower real resolution of the image. My videos are all 1080*1920, if you scale them to an area with a lower resolution you will lose quality, even if you keep the same image size.

3.- As I said, Mike's videos are not displayed in the entire visible area of ​​the screen, the image is small with respect to the visible area because he uses a large monitor / tv, I think 17 inches, in addition the image must be positioned in a specific place so that it is visible through the hole of the game board. My videos are displayed in the entire visible area of ​​an 11.6-inch monitor (in an upright position) across the entire width of the screen, without margin with the upper edge of the screen, and below with a margin of about 150 pixels (for an 11.6 inch screen, 16:9), to fit the length of the hole in the game board.

4.- The viewing angle will be very different. My screen is very close to the hole of the game board, about 3cm. Mike's screen is attached to the bottom of the cabinet with a support that should leave the screen separated at least 10-12cm from the hole, probably more. Although this is to everyone's taste, I prefer the screen very close to the hole, so that the image looks good from any angle, even for those who are watching the game around the machine, not just for the player.

5.- Even using the editor that I think Mike delivered with his product, the proportions of the length and width of the mask of my video may not be the same.

6.- There are videos of my product that have no signals of triggering in Mike's kit, for example, the Kiss and I think that many more like Extraball, Jackpot, SuperJackpot, Snackbar, etc ... (my product will have 22 videos).

7.- All the videos of my kit are in H264 format (without audio in this version) and that is the file format that I provide, I don't know what video file format the Mike product uses. You may need to do conversions (h264 to mp4, mpeg2, divx ...)

If I decided to provide my videos, I would provide them as they are delivered with my product, I would not make adjustments so that they look correctly on Mike's product. The adaptation can be a very laborious work, because may need to edit all the videos, change the resolution, orientation, adjust margins, image size with respect to the background, precise location of the image on the screen so that it comes out centered on the Game board hole, adjust the shape and proportion of the mask, etc ...

#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I can offer as an optional extra, a cable that connects the Raspberry audio output of the kit (with a round jack), to the line input of the sound card, with a 2-pin connector.

Do you know if this option would be compatible with a Pinsound board? I can take a look and send pictures if that helps.

Thanks

#1347 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Do you know if this option would be compatible with a Pinsound board? I can take a look and send pictures if that helps.
Thanks

I don't know what kind of connections that board has, if it has any audio line-in to mix external sounds. And if it has one, what kind of connector it installs (RCA, 3.5mm stereo jack, 2.45mm pins), impedance, input sensitivity, etc ...

If you have a user manual, it should indicate all features and connections.

#1348 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Thanks

I agree with Mtg381. Before you do any additional sounds on a different board other than the original one, would make them compatible with the Pinsound board. The board they sell is amazing as it offers sound wav. files you can change, custom sound mixes along with adding up graded speakers and a shaker if wanted. They are great to work with and have an open mind for modifications.

#1349 4 years ago

To the OP @pinballsp, it looks like you have done a tremendous amount of work and your product is looking very professional. There are a lot of enhancements that are now being sought by some in the Pinside community and while they are good ideas it may be best served to try to accommodate some of those enhancement requests in a version 2.0 of your product.

It is just a thought as it will be difficult to get your excellent looking mod completed and ready for sale if the goal posts are continually shifting.

Gord

#1350 4 years ago

Hola pinballsp!

just an experiment... please can you tell me what you think to the quality of this video which uses the original hologram? Is it something that can be used by the editor to produce an authentic video as an option?

https://vimeo.com/364332405

Amazing work by the way, I love this mod

Kris

edit: video quality is slightly compressed from original source, colour also not accurate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/27?hl=vulcan903 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.