CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 62.
#951 5 years ago

And here is my finished project. $40 total. And what I like is when the Creature is not on you see him as a slight ghostly image. Thanks wamonkey for your idea/solution/help.

Steve

IMG_1333 (resized).JPGIMG_1333 (resized).JPGIMG_1334 (resized).JPGIMG_1334 (resized).JPG

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The project continues, but I have decided to only post when the product is ready, I will not post anymore on the progress and details of what I am doing. I do not want to give dates either, because then they are not fulfilled and these things happen.

Mods are harder them most people realize, and I think you are doing a great job.

If you are working on a list of people that want it when you are done. please add me to the list.

No rush!! Thanks for your time and effort for the love of the game!

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from Chappie:

And here is my finished project. $40 total. And what I like is when the Creature is not on you see him as a slight ghostly image. Thanks wamonkey for your idea/solution/help.
Steve
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can get rid of the ghost for those who dont want to see that by juat laying the acrylic ontop of the hologram and putting the led strip on the bottom edge and lighting upward

#954 5 years ago

This is a great idea and a decent replacement for the hologram!

I have a repro-hologram, but in some ways I think I prefer this to the LCD option (when it arrives). I've played MikeD's mod, I know you can add more stuff to that mod but who really looks at it after a while?

You really only need the Creature as it was designed, this idea is more 'stock' and the image appears more vivid when lit than a digital image - so more akin to the original hologram except it doesn;'t move. As you guys know, when you qualify a FILM letter the creech only flashes. Then during multi ball you don't really get the chance to marvel at it anyway.

Keep going!!

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

You can get rid of the ghost for those who dont want to see that by juat laying the acrylic ontop of the hologram and putting the led strip on the bottom edge and lighting upward

Robert,

The acrylic is laying on top of the hologram and even though I have the LED mounted at the top, it is not lit and you can see the white image because that is how the acrylic looks under normal light because it is etched on the plastic and that naturally appears white. Not sure what you mean.

Steve

#956 5 years ago

It does show a bit, but it looks good. Two other things when I did mine. Make sure you black out all around the edge of the acrylic ( i used black duct tape). This prevents light transmission around the edges and I think looks a bit better. I lit mine from the bottom and made sure there were no other light leaks. My original hologram was in good shape, but I still had the original #89 bulb and had not done the MR16 conversion with a halogen bulb.

IMHO, this is a nice addition and certainly cost effective

2 weeks later
#957 5 years ago

pinballsp
Get well soon dude!
I don't have my creech anymore but will follow progress verry cool work!

mejorarse antes
Hasta luego!

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

pinballsp
Get well soon dude!
I don't have my creech anymore but will follow progress verry cool work!
mejorarse antes
Hasta luego!

OK, thank you very much.

1 week later
#959 5 years ago

Closer to the end, I am finally running my board to check the status of all the lamps, switches, bumpers, flashing lights and hologram mechanisms of the creature. Now I can test the HolomodSP kit on my work table, just with the CPU, a DMD and my board.

After playing for a while, I was able to activate the hologram and verify that my board detects and turns on the three signals of the hologram (2 motors and 1 lamp). I also checked the detection of other signals (Kiss, Paid, Creature, Start, etc ...), everything works perfectly to detect status of input/outputs of pinball and trigger videos with HolomodSP.

#960 5 years ago

If you're keeping a list please add me to it. Nice work!

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Closer to the end, I am finally running my board to check the status of all the lamps, switches, bumpers, flashing lights and hologram mechanisms of the creature. Now I can test the HolomodSP kit on my work table, just with the CPU, a DMD and my board.
After playing for a while, I was able to activate the hologram and verify that my board detects and turns on the three signals of the hologram (2 motors and 1 lamp). I also checked the detection of other signals (Kiss, Paid, Creature, Start, etc ...), everything works perfectly to detect status of input/outputs of pinball and trigger videos with HolomodSP.

Good job keep up the good work

#962 5 years ago

Price? So I can start gathering the cash.

#963 5 years ago

Thanks for the update pinballsp - good to see the test bed in action

#964 5 years ago

Keep the good work

1 week later
#965 5 years ago

Can't wait to add this on mine! I'm blowing fuses now when my original hologram runs.. I had to unplug it probably one of the motors is going bad.

#966 5 years ago

Great work! I am interested when they are available. Thank you!

#967 5 years ago

Nice work. A UK Creech is waiting for this.

#968 5 years ago

Please add me to the list.

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Please add me to the list.

Me too

#970 5 years ago

Love this! Please add me to the list as well!

#971 5 years ago

There is no list people, it’s been stated as such a large number of times if you read through this thread you’ll see

#972 5 years ago

Can I be added to the list, despite there being no list?

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Guys, look how old this thread is. There won’t be a list for a -while-

#974 5 years ago

Guys lets be honest as much as we want this to come to fruition it just simply is not.

#975 5 years ago

Sucks to be you guys. I’m on the list
Just kidding!

Hope this happens but no updates and when it is there is no video; just hardware

2 weeks later
#976 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Lol.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That does it - consider yourself off the list!

#978 5 years ago

Not sure if everyone in this thread noticed it but there's an alternative available over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-creature-holo-mod-for-cftbl/

Of course it's not plug'n'play and it's more than just a creature mod, because it also improves sound a lot, which is in itself a huge step forward, but it works. And with the new 2.5 hardware release of tiltaudio see tiltaudio.com that replaces the soundboard directly it is easier to install than ever before.

Br Steve

1 week later
#979 5 years ago

Any updates ?

#980 5 years ago

Sorry, lately I was very busy, mainly with the Advanced Color for DMDMK66 and DMDMX7. I will try to update this weekend.

2 weeks later
#981 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Sorry, lately I was very busy, mainly with the Advanced Color for DMDMK66 and DMDMX7. I will try to update this weekend.

Hi Luis,

Do you have some news?

Best regard's,

Patrice

1 month later
#983 4 years ago

Sorry for not answering Patrice, do not worry, if you're interested in my product, I'll finish it, even if it's just for you.

Now I am very busy with the Magic Editor for Advanced Coloring with the DMDMK66, it is my priority at the moment, as you can see in the thread that I have open in the forum. Today I received the boards for the DMD 128x16, I have to mount it and test the firmware, I have a lot of people waiting for this product. As soon as I finish it if there is still only one person interested in my Hologram kit, I finish it, otherwise I will continue with the DMD, because I still have a lot to do.

#984 4 years ago

Your product sounds pretty awesome. Im understanding correctly you are going to have video on the hologram window and video on the DMD and they will both interact with the game, correct? If so that is pretty awesome to think about. The only problem is that no matter how cool it sounds people lose interest after so long because they figure its never gonna happen. I have been waiting for Halflife 3 to come out for years and they still say it will happen but it just isn't so I don't even think about it anymore.

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Your product sounds pretty awesome. Im understanding correctly you are going to have video on the hologram window and video on the DMD and they will both interact with the game, correct? If so that is pretty awesome to think about.

Well the DMD and the hologram kit are independent products. The DMD play the colored animations of the game and the Hologram kit plays videos depending on the status of the playfield switches, lamps, flashers, bumpers, motors, and in general any signal of input or output of the pinball.

In the beginning, both products do not have to interact with each other. With the amount of input / output signals that my board can read is more than enough to configure the trigger of any video, it is not necessary to do it according to an Animation of the DMD. I can add it perfectly to my DMD, but, frankly, I have never seen it useful.

If so that is pretty awesome to think about. The only problem is that no matter how cool it sounds people lose interest after so long because they figure its never gonna happen. I have been waiting for Halflife 3 to come out for years and they still say it will happen but it just isn't so I don't even think about it anymore.

Yes, I understand you, I would also lose interest if I were on the buyer's side.

#986 4 years ago

In the meantime ill soon be posting a new hologram mod kit here in the states that does the same purpose. Currently testing and waiting on my next board set

20190529_204409 (resized).jpg20190529_204409 (resized).jpg20190529_204412 (resized).jpg20190529_204412 (resized).jpg
#987 4 years ago

C'mon, Robert. That is really bad form posting your product on another man's thread showing the development (although really long gestating) of his product. Simply put, how would you like guys posting on your "Let Me Powdercoat Your Game" thread showing their work and offering their services?

Just start a new thread. Trust me. People will find it quickly.

#988 4 years ago

May the best product win

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

C'mon, Robert. That is really bad form posting your product on another man's thread showing the development (although really long gestating) of his product. Simply put, how would you like guys posting on your "Let Me Powdercoat Your Game" thread showing their work and offering their services?

Fair enough and good point

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Normally I would agree with you but in this case, the announcement was posted over 2 years ago for a product that seems less likely to see the light of day. He is posting another option for people clearly interested in this product. At the very least hopefully Robert's product puts some fire under PinballSP's ass to move this product accross the finish line sooner.

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Normally I would agree with you but in this case, the announcement was posted over 2 years ago for a product that seems less likely to see the light of day. He is posting another option for people clearly interested in this product. At the very least hopefully Robert's product puts some fire under PinballSP's ass to move this product accross the finish line sooner.

Ill have a thread soon, boards are being produced and once its unveiled It'll be ready to ship as a complete plug n play. The only other issue is i havent been able to contact Mike D so im using my own video content etc. All video etc will be open source and able to be edited by the end user. I hope his product still gets finished as his approach may yeild more opportunities for evolvment. Im not using a sound card for those interested

#992 4 years ago

Competition is a good thing. It creates a superior product. Both of these sound badass and I would want either one of them on my game. If they both come out at the same time it will of course come down to the one with the best quality and the most features. I hope both of you guys get it done and make money on it. There is a lot of CFTBLs out there that need this. I had two of these games before I realized that Creech is a keeper and my third one now has the hot pink naked PF along with a naked translight and this mod will go great with it.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Agreed, and there is another active thread, btw.......been watching and getting my own backfill on this.....

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

As soon as I finish it if there is still only one person interested in my Hologram kit, I finish it, otherwise I will continue with the DMD, because I still have a lot to do.

I've never lost interest, so plan on making at least 2!!

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I've never lost interest, so plan on making at least 2!!

Thanks for your support.

#996 4 years ago

I'm not reading this for my health . Count me in on one as well.

#997 4 years ago

Si entra dentro de mi presupuesto cuenta con uno para mi, saludos paisano! Suerte y animo! buen trabajo!

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I'm not reading this for my health . Count me in on one as well.

OK, thank you.

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

Si entra dentro de mi presupuesto cuenta con uno para mi, saludos paisano! Suerte y animo! buen trabajo!

Ok, gracias paisano.

#1000 4 years ago

I'll have 1 as well God speed though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/20?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.