Hologram MOD for CREATURE from Pinballsp is under development.

(Topic ID: 181440)

Hologram MOD for CREATURE from Pinballsp is under development.

By pinballsp

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 975 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by MeNaCeFiRe
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 335 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
IMG_1334 (resized).JPG
20190117_182041 (resized).jpg
20190117_182033 (resized).jpg
31BC9E74-8E22-4A6B-8D6C-CEA1970A08D4 (resized).jpeg
two (resized).PNG
matric one (resized).PNG
acrylic template (resized).PNG
6424E3D2-2FA9-4FEF-B1DC-CB9F0B872B83 (resized).jpeg
6FE4658C-D876-4B98-B09C-B9E209AD2B5A (resized).jpeg
52FC1962-E9F2-4BDD-9D32-E8F7A95AA550 (resized).jpeg
9B1B8788-BDFE-448A-A29D-528B4F04BF14 (resized).jpeg
91q6dm7X+lL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
CFTBL acrylic (resized).jpg
CFTBL3D (resized).jpeg
21055970_1481818521898379_565747097857299661_o.jpg

There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
#951 63 days ago

And here is my finished project. $40 total. And what I like is when the Creature is not on you see him as a slight ghostly image. Thanks wamonkey for your idea/solution/help.

Steve

IMG_1333 (resized).JPGIMG_1334 (resized).JPG

#952 62 days ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The project continues, but I have decided to only post when the product is ready, I will not post anymore on the progress and details of what I am doing. I do not want to give dates either, because then they are not fulfilled and these things happen.

Mods are harder them most people realize, and I think you are doing a great job.

If you are working on a list of people that want it when you are done. please add me to the list.

No rush!! Thanks for your time and effort for the love of the game!

#953 62 days ago
Quoted from Chappie:

And here is my finished project. $40 total. And what I like is when the Creature is not on you see him as a slight ghostly image. Thanks wamonkey for your idea/solution/help.
Steve
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can get rid of the ghost for those who dont want to see that by juat laying the acrylic ontop of the hologram and putting the led strip on the bottom edge and lighting upward

#954 62 days ago

This is a great idea and a decent replacement for the hologram!

I have a repro-hologram, but in some ways I think I prefer this to the LCD option (when it arrives). I've played MikeD's mod, I know you can add more stuff to that mod but who really looks at it after a while?

You really only need the Creature as it was designed, this idea is more 'stock' and the image appears more vivid when lit than a digital image - so more akin to the original hologram except it doesn;'t move. As you guys know, when you qualify a FILM letter the creech only flashes. Then during multi ball you don't really get the chance to marvel at it anyway.

Keep going!!

#955 61 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

You can get rid of the ghost for those who dont want to see that by juat laying the acrylic ontop of the hologram and putting the led strip on the bottom edge and lighting upward

Robert,

The acrylic is laying on top of the hologram and even though I have the LED mounted at the top, it is not lit and you can see the white image because that is how the acrylic looks under normal light because it is etched on the plastic and that naturally appears white. Not sure what you mean.

Steve

#956 55 days ago

It does show a bit, but it looks good. Two other things when I did mine. Make sure you black out all around the edge of the acrylic ( i used black duct tape). This prevents light transmission around the edges and I think looks a bit better. I lit mine from the bottom and made sure there were no other light leaks. My original hologram was in good shape, but I still had the original #89 bulb and had not done the MR16 conversion with a halogen bulb.

IMHO, this is a nice addition and certainly cost effective

2 weeks later
#957 42 days ago

pinballsp
Get well soon dude!
I don't have my creech anymore but will follow progress verry cool work!

mejorarse antes
Hasta luego!

#958 42 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

pinballsp
Get well soon dude!
I don't have my creech anymore but will follow progress verry cool work!
mejorarse antes
Hasta luego!

OK, thank you very much.

1 week later
#959 29 days ago

Closer to the end, I am finally running my board to check the status of all the lamps, switches, bumpers, flashing lights and hologram mechanisms of the creature. Now I can test the HolomodSP kit on my work table, just with the CPU, a DMD and my board.

After playing for a while, I was able to activate the hologram and verify that my board detects and turns on the three signals of the hologram (2 motors and 1 lamp). I also checked the detection of other signals (Kiss, Paid, Creature, Start, etc ...), everything works perfectly to detect status of input/outputs of pinball and trigger videos with HolomodSP.

#960 29 days ago

If you're keeping a list please add me to it. Nice work!

#961 29 days ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Closer to the end, I am finally running my board to check the status of all the lamps, switches, bumpers, flashing lights and hologram mechanisms of the creature. Now I can test the HolomodSP kit on my work table, just with the CPU, a DMD and my board.
After playing for a while, I was able to activate the hologram and verify that my board detects and turns on the three signals of the hologram (2 motors and 1 lamp). I also checked the detection of other signals (Kiss, Paid, Creature, Start, etc ...), everything works perfectly to detect status of input/outputs of pinball and trigger videos with HolomodSP.

Good job keep up the good work

#962 29 days ago

Price? So I can start gathering the cash.

#963 28 days ago

Thanks for the update pinballsp - good to see the test bed in action

#964 27 days ago

Keep the good work

1 week later
#965 19 days ago

Can't wait to add this on mine! I'm blowing fuses now when my original hologram runs.. I had to unplug it probably one of the motors is going bad.

#966 14 days ago

Great work! I am interested when they are available. Thank you!

#967 14 days ago

Nice work. A UK Creech is waiting for this.

#968 13 days ago

Please add me to the list.

#969 11 days ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Please add me to the list.

Me too

#970 11 days ago

Love this! Please add me to the list as well!

#971 10 days ago

There is no list people, it’s been stated as such a large number of times if you read through this thread you’ll see

#972 10 days ago

Can I be added to the list, despite there being no list?

#973 10 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Can I be added to the list, despite there being no list?

Guys, look how old this thread is. There won’t be a list for a -while-

#974 10 days ago

Guys lets be honest as much as we want this to come to fruition it just simply is not.

#975 10 days ago

Sucks to be you guys. I’m on the list
Just kidding!

Hope this happens but no updates and when it is there is no video; just hardware

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Portland, OR
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 28.00
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
9,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hauppauge, NY
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DBC Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside