CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 62.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Very nice... Personally I prefer normal speed...

Yes, I think the same, I made slow speed to increase time of scene because it's very short. In final video I will apply normal speed, and I will increase time, chaining same scene several times. If chained correctly, practically do not notice that is same scene several times.

At any rate these are first tests, I must apply yet more technicals, like the mask tracking, so will may apply black color to monster eyes and red color to monster lips, and diferent color to background of scene. Also in this scene must apply a background picture, with some dark skye or may be a swamp.

Many ideas, and many tests to do to get final videos. At any rate I have the tools and I know how to do it.

#52 7 years ago

If you can, please make this more interactive with the game? It would be so cool to have that video enhance the whole game experience rather than have a pic of the creature during multiball.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If you can, please make this more interactive with the game? It would be so cool to have that video enhance the whole game experience rather than have a pic of the creature during multiball.

This hardware/software allow read status of all playfield switches and all outputs (bumpers, flasher, lamps, motors), and so may trigger to play any video according with status of inputs/outputs. Not only one video with moster to replace original hologram, but any quantity of videos that you want triggered by any input, output or combinations of several inputs/outputs.

I will do several videos, I must to check rules of game to see what trigger interest and what videos to do. Also user may config and add any video triggered by inputs/outputs, no limits about it. I will provide several videos, but user also may add his own videos to customize the product.

All config files and videos will store in a USB pendrive connected to Raspberry, so very easy to update it, and in a future update I will add option to update wireless by WIFI from cell phone.

#54 7 years ago

Great but here is the problem. I AM STUPID. I doubt if I would be able to download video to this thing and get it to work with the game and interact with different modes a whatnot. I also have no imagination. I'm hoping you do all of this and let me buy it and plug it in.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yes, the reproduction hologram that someone mad a year or two ago has a lot better definition than the original or at least my original did. I did a PF swap and left the pf up for a couple months and when I finally got back to it the hologram was black where it was still nice and green. I guess the light kills them. Luckily I had bought the repro for just such an occasion. I wish I had bought the mod from Mike instead.

I think you have this backwards, as the original holograms had great definition and did not turn black - but did change from green to blue. The Holograms that turned black are repros (made more than a couple years ago).

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Great but here is the problem. I AM STUPID. I doubt if I would be able to download video to this thing and get it to work with the game and interact with different modes a whatnot. I also have no imagination. I'm hoping you do all of this and let me buy it and plug it in.

Yes, I will provide a product ready to work with several videos triggered by events (inputs/outputs), but if in the future you want customize product with your own videos, you may do it, or add more trigger by inputs/ouputs, or change my config triggers, you will may do it. All options available, so for people that want product ready to work, and for people interested in customize product.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Yes, I will provide a product ready to work with several videos triggered by events (inputs/outputs), but if in the future you want customize product with your own videos, you may do it, or add more trigger by inputs/ouputs, or change my config triggers, you will may do it. All options available, so for people that want product ready to work, and for people interested in customize product.

This sounds excellent - very good work!

#58 7 years ago

It gets better and better. Can I send a deposite

#59 7 years ago

You know what really would be bad ass? Make this thing along with a LCD screen to replace the DMD and have both of them work together throughout the game.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You know what really would be bad ass? Make this thing along with a LCD screen to replace the DMD and have both of them work together throughout the game.

Well, replace DMD by this product has some problems, because DMD also display scores and some information like ball in game, etc..

This product may be used also like a Topper with a bigger TFT 18 to 21 inches, and customize with special animations, visual effects, sounds, texts warning about some game condition, etc... Really from this product I will develop also a Topper for any pinball, with connection to my Multicolor DMDMK64 to play also special animations by Keyframe, though I think that best is play animations by trigger of inputs/outputs, there are no limits to customize product.

#61 7 years ago

Just found the thread keep me in the loop as well I'd like one for my creech! My hologram is still green but I've love to see something more interactive. Like most said for the little time that thing comes on in multi ball it's almost not worth it! I see the creature more in attract mode!

#62 7 years ago

When you're ready, I'm interested as well.

#63 7 years ago

Testing hardware.

If somebody want suggest videos according with status of playfield switches, lamps or solenoids/flashers. I'm checking the Creature rules to understand where may be interesting trigger a video.

http://pinball.org/rules/creaturefromtheblacklagoon.html

ScreenHunter_014.jpgScreenHunter_014.jpg
ScreenHunter_015.jpgScreenHunter_015.jpg
ScreenHunter_017.jpgScreenHunter_017.jpg

#64 7 years ago

Can't wait for this mod Awesome!! My hologram changed blue last year..

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from stbaxter:

Can't wait for this mod Awesome!! My hologram changed blue last year..

I can't wait either. I should have bought one when Mike made them but this looks like it will be better. No offense towards Mike's product intended of course.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I can't wait either. I should have bought one when Mike made them but this looks like it will be better. No offense towards Mike's product intended of course.

We'll see, these video mod proposals come and go, but only MikeD has actually come through with a great mod. I'm hoping this new one makes it to market and takes MikeD's ideas to the next level. Again, we'll see...

#67 7 years ago

Interested to see how this will end up. I don't have any working hologram what so ever in my creech.

#68 7 years ago

I'm also very interested. I look forward to seeing how this turns out!

#69 7 years ago

Well they have jumped into the deep end head first. If they don't get it done it will surprise me.

#71 7 years ago

Yep, this guy said he was going to make it, took people's money and never communicated with anyone or showed anyone a thing. This is different. He is showing us progress and he has not asked anyone for a dime. I'm not saying it will be made. But I have a lot more faith in this

#72 7 years ago

HOLO MODSP Hadware is practically ready to send to manufacturer. Also last weekend I was working with firmware, developed with QT Creator and C++ language. Also testing videos with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects.

Features for first firmware version and hardware:

1.- Based on Raspberry Pi 3 (so include WIFI and Bluetooth, for future wireless updates).
2.- Read ALL playfield switches status (switch matrix, 8x8, up to 64 switches).
3.- Read ALL lamps status (Col-Row Matrix, 8x8, up to 64 lamps).
4.- Read ALL power outputs status (up to 32 bumpers, flashers, motors, and any output in playfield).
5.- PLug and PLay, do not need cut or solder any wire.
6.- Display TFT 13.3 inches, Full HD resolution (forget big TV on cabinet with custom heavy expensive bracket).
7.- Include custom small acrylic bracket to fix the TFT and video controller board directly to the original hologram bracket.
8.- Very easy and fast connection, with 3 x flat cables from HOLO MOD to pinball CPU, do not connect anything to high voltage.
9.- Firmware updatable, with download from Internet (Github or similar.)
10.- Store ALL videos and config in USB Pendrive connected to Raspberry USB, so very easy load videos or change config.
11.- Easy to config with multiple trigger to play videos, according with status of any input/output or combinations.
12.- May config trigger same event with several videos playing randomly
13.- May be add some option to connect sound of videos to pinball (I must check it yet).
14.- Future firmware update will allow upload videos and config wireless from cell phone by WIFI or Bluetooth.

ScreenHunter_022.jpgScreenHunter_022.jpg
ScreenHunter_023.jpgScreenHunter_023.jpg
ScreenHunter_026.jpgScreenHunter_026.jpg

ScreenHunter_028.jpgScreenHunter_028.jpg

#73 7 years ago

Wow! Nice board layout. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

#74 7 years ago

Can you give us some idea of cost so I know how much to set aside

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can you give us some idea of cost so I know how much to set aside

I do no have calculate yet final price, I will try to offer as cheap as possible.

I have think offer several options, Full kit ready to work, or without the TFT, Raspberry and/or HDMI cable, so if somebody has already the TFT or RPY, may save money. Kit must include always the shield board to connect RPY to pinball, power supplies cables and SD with firmware for RPY, and optional may be the TFT display and acrylic bracket to fix the TFT.

What was price of Mike Mod ??. I think that did not include TV/TFT.

#76 7 years ago

I do not think his included any sort of screen.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

What was price of Mike Mod ??

Very f***ing expensive.

#78 7 years ago

IIRC, MikeD's price was around 335.00 plus you needed to buy the TV. When I get home, I'll check the exact price as I still have the original invoice..

#79 7 years ago

Yeah, I think the mod was $400 total after I bought the TV, too expensive for a lot of people. I think if you can get the price point to $300 or less you will get a lot of buyers, but at $400 it's the same as a ColorDMD, which is what most people will spend there money on first if it's the same price point.

#80 7 years ago

It is expensive yes but if it is interactive with the game play and I'm thinking video for modes and other aspect of the game it would be worth it. Much better than a green hologram waving back and forth. Mine doesn't wave anymore and I cant seem to fix it. Just take your time and make this thing badass and everyone with a Creech will want one.

#81 7 years ago

Ok, thanks, I have found already the post with price of Mike MOD (its was 369.99 USD and TV about 90 USD, so total was about 460 USD). I understand this price did not included freight cost.

I may offer mine cheaper, sure (all included, 13.3" TFT display too, probably between 300 and 350), and with improved features like may trigger by any switch/output or combinations, PLug and Play, upload config/videos wireless by WIFI/Bluetooth, TFT 13.3 inches directly installed in the original holo bracket, etc...

At any rate as soon as I calculate all, I will inform about final price. I will try to offer some optionals, for people that want save money if have already the Raspberry or the TFT. For TFT its valid any full HD with HDMI connector.

#82 7 years ago

I made last revision to board design, and today I sent to manufacturer, I will receive it in about one week, then I will assemble first prototype.

This final design, allow connect J207 and J209 directly to the CPU switches matrix connectors, so do not need flat cables and also allow fix the board directly to the CPU. The board need connect a flat cable 2x9 to CPU J211 to read all outputs status. For power supply there is a 2 pin screw terminal, to connect directly to 12VDC in Driver board, and there is a round jack to provide 12VDC power supply to video controller board. Also from Raspberry will connect video to TFT with an HDMI cable.

Until I receive the board from manufacturer, I continue working with firmware and videos.

ScreenHunter_001.jpgScreenHunter_001.jpg
ScreenHunter_002.jpgScreenHunter_002.jpg
ScreenHunter_005.jpgScreenHunter_005.jpg
ScreenHunter_007.jpgScreenHunter_007.jpg

#84 7 years ago

Awesome! Let us see some of those videos!

#85 7 years ago

When you start your official for sale list may I suggest:

Hologram Mod for sale list.

1) Skypilot
2) everyone else

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

When you start your official for sale list may I suggest:
Hologram Mod for sale list.
1) Skypilot
2) everyone else

No, heeeeelll no. No cutsies for you. go to the back of the line.

#87 7 years ago

I'll take a hit, dealer.

Had to pass on one of the final MikeD kits. But count me in for this one if it makes it to production.

#88 7 years ago

Put me on the interested list!

#89 7 years ago

Looks like your getting close to testing , these will sell like hot cakes when ready, great product.. I'm interested for sure ..

#90 7 years ago

The acrylic frame to fix the TFT 13.3" display and video controller board, already designed, and ready to send to manufacturer.

This piece will be manufactured in black acrylic 3 or 4mm thickness, laser cutted. Include several mechanized holes to fix the TFT and video board, with black plastic flanges, and also holes to fix this piece to the original hologram bracket. To get access to the original bracket holes, only need remove the hologram, then there are available two holes, enough to fix my frame to the bracket, easy and safe.

ScreenHunter_021 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_021 (resized).jpg
f65208b3-fc9b-4f2d-9fe1-1d2f8e629839 (resized).jpgf65208b3-fc9b-4f2d-9fe1-1d2f8e629839 (resized).jpg

holomodsp (resized).jpgholomodsp (resized).jpg

#91 7 years ago

I'm feeling like a kid waiting for his Christmas present. Can't wait for this as my creech has had only a black lagoon since I've had it.

#92 7 years ago

Wow! Incredible work on the hardware concept and design!
I don't have a creech, but love seeing people do cool quality work on here. Anxiously waiting!

Ever consider opening the software and using it as a platform to control all sorts of mods on any game?

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Ever consider opening the software and using it as a platform to control all sorts of mods on any game?

I will develop more devices based on same controller board, for example a Topper with TFT monitor (18 to 22") to connect to any pinball, to play video animations or movie scenes triggered by any playfield switch status or outputs status (bumpers, flashers, motors, etc...). Also may control thousands of addresable RGB digital leds for visual effects in playfield, etc...

I may program the Raspberry Pi to send status of all inputs/outputs to any mod by USB, Ethernet, WIFI or Bluetooth, so its possible control any mod.

#94 7 years ago

This gets more and more better.

#95 7 years ago

One more photomontage, to see how the real product will look approximately. I think proportions are correct about TFT 13.3 and frame in hologram bracket, so real look will be very similar. I think the 13.3" size of TFT is perfect, not very big for easy assemble, and not small, so the video will fully fill the playfield hole, and with the mask technique, the video look I hope will be really good.

At any rate when I have the real frame, I will assemble all, and I will send a prototype to a friend that has a CREATURE to take real pictures and also when the MOD work, will take videos.

holomodsp7.jpgholomodsp7.jpg

#96 7 years ago

Definitely add me to the waiting list!

#97 7 years ago

pls add me to the list also

#98 7 years ago

I am game for one,count me in.

#99 7 years ago

I'm in if this goes to production!

#100 7 years ago

My original is starting to turn blue, might as well add me to the list too.
I will be curious about the cost and ease of instillation.
But you're doing an awesome job, it's looking great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 24.00
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.