CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 62.
#901 5 years ago

He invested too much time and money.I doubt that he will quit.

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

More than I can drink.

This why we must factor Bourbon in the equation...

1 week later
#903 5 years ago

PinballSP has been quiet here! SAD!

#904 5 years ago

it's been over a month since he last posted (and I believe that's when he stated that within 2 days he would post videos and pricing information

#905 5 years ago

The best thing he can do for mental health is stay outta here until it's done....

#906 5 years ago

New design he cannot talk about

#907 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

New design he cannot talk about

You mean he probably made a new trace on one of his boards and he will say how great it is.

#908 5 years ago

https://gitlab.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP

Code base although it hasn't been updated in a while.

https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp/videos/291567518151677/

Testing vid from Facebook

Dude has been MIA though. Last video was some blue DMD controller he was working on.

Time

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m so happy I bought a nice used hologram. If this ends up getting produced I’m a buyer but holy F I’m not holding my breath. If it’s not one thing it’s another. GLTWS

I said this 3 months ago. Looks like it still holds today, sadly

#910 5 years ago

I am working on the acrylic LED backlit mod - Laserific was going to do it but bailed (licensing I am sure) but I will do it on my own. It won't move like a hologram but it also does not cost near what a hologram replacement or a LCD display with videos will cost either.

In the the regular forum for CFTBL - once I get it up and going I will post some pics. I already picked the art, I think. Don't know how it will look but I am not spending $300-400 for a barely visible hologram for 2 seconds in game play, I would spend that for a LCD display and videos sure but not a hologram. At least when you have a LCD and video it has something on the screen all the time.

CFTBL acrylic (resized).jpgCFTBL acrylic (resized).jpg
#911 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I am working on the acrylic LED backlit mod - Laserific was going to do it but bailed (licensing I am sure) but I will do it on my own. It won't move like a hologram but it also does not cost near what a hologram replacement or a LCD display with videos will cost either.
In the the regular forum for CFTBL - once I get it up and going I will post some pics. I already picked the art, I think. Don't know how it will look but I am not spending $300-400 for a barely visible hologram for 2 seconds in game play, I would spend that for a LCD display and videos sure but not a hologram. At least when you have a LCD and video it has something on the screen all the time.
[quoted image]

Thats actually really nice! If you could filter down the light brightness a bit its actually a dam good solution! I bet these would sell and agreed its only a 2 second thrill. Nice.

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I am working on the acrylic LED backlit mod - Laserific was going to do it but bailed (licensing I am sure) but I will do it on my own. It won't move
[quoted image]

cant you atach it to the moving motor in some way so it wil move?

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

cant you atach it to the moving motor in some way so it wil move?

I'm guessing but I suspect he is mounting it the the existing moving halo plate so it basically does what the original did without the cost and a bit less 3D effect. Simple solution.

#914 5 years ago

My plan is to wire the LED strip to the bulb that reflects off the mirror and basically unplug the motor that moves the hologram because the hologram bulges a bit (it is flexible) acrylic is not flexible so no need for that. When you watch the hologram in test the mirror moves and the hologram moves slightly. Lots of power sources to tap into, I guess. I think I could get it to move slightly just don't know if it matters enough. It won't be original or even close so I think it will look different and cool in its own way enough to make movement unnecessary. All that is said fingers crossed it works out....

My plan was keep it simple - keep it the size of the original and put it in place of the original, no big mounting issues no big custom made stuff. This way if the new LCD mod comes out I can replace it but I think that is the never-ending project mine should be a quick fix.

Kind of like others have done - either a model lit up, or others have just replaced it with original art / non-hologram that looks like it etc. Just hard to spend $300-400 for a hologram that may not last, what if they get a spot on them or turn blue. Acrylic will never break, it will never need fixing (maybe new LED some day), the raspberry Pi LCD mod may require tweaking. I think when the game says to light the hologram mine will turn on the LED and show an acrylic side lit creature in green.

Below is the link where I saw this example -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-cheap-hologram

Not trying to make a kit - this is just for myself on my machine but I thought I would share the idea for people like myself who have a blue hologram.

#915 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

My plan is to wire the LED strip to the bulb that reflects off the mirror and basically unplug the motor that moves the hologram because the hologram bulges a bit (it is flexible) acrylic is not flexible so no need for that. When you watch the hologram in test the mirror moves and the hologram moves slightly. Lots of power sources to tap into, I guess. I think I could get it to move slightly just don't know if it matters enough. It won't b

Simple fix rather than some complicated electronic fix. I think you are onto something great.

#916 5 years ago

Great idea. I've had both LCD mods and still prefer the holo.
But...I did have as similar idea to mount a moving money box creech. One day maybe if my nice holo ever gives out.

I did alot ofwork on my MonsterBash creech lighting with position and seaweed! Looked awesome.
91q6dm7X+lL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg91q6dm7X+lL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#917 5 years ago

Wamonkey,

Can you post the graphic you used for the engraving? I have a friend that has a laser engraver and may want to explore this option. Also, what type of acrylic and how thick? Thanks.

Steve

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from Chappie:

Wamonkey,
Can you post the graphic you used for the engraving? I have a friend that has a laser engraver and may want to explore this option. Also, what type of acrylic and how thick? Thanks.
Steve

PM - you

#919 5 years ago

So here is the first test - i had to cut the acrylic a bit and still tweaking it. I have to get it to light when the hologram bulb lights, got some ideas it is just plugged in now. So, far about $95 in....

I think it will be easy to figure out lighting - just a 12 volt tap off the light to the led strip.

It is just sitting on the same mount as the hologram trying to keep it simple. I think it looks good, almost like it is not real, but i took a picture from underneath to show it is just sitting on top of the hologram. One issue is since the acrylic is cut into the plastic you can kind of see it when the light is out.

52FC1962-E9F2-4BDD-9D32-E8F7A95AA550 (resized).jpeg52FC1962-E9F2-4BDD-9D32-E8F7A95AA550 (resized).jpeg6424E3D2-2FA9-4FEF-B1DC-CB9F0B872B83 (resized).jpeg6424E3D2-2FA9-4FEF-B1DC-CB9F0B872B83 (resized).jpeg6FE4658C-D876-4B98-B09C-B9E209AD2B5A (resized).jpeg6FE4658C-D876-4B98-B09C-B9E209AD2B5A (resized).jpeg9B1B8788-BDFE-448A-A29D-528B4F04BF14 (resized).jpeg9B1B8788-BDFE-448A-A29D-528B4F04BF14 (resized).jpeg
#920 5 years ago

That looks excellent and will be a good cheap solution a lot of people may want to go with, well done!

#921 5 years ago

Nice work. An alternate affordable solution.

#922 5 years ago

If anyone asks - I put tape over the spotlights to block the light. I think I will have to remove those spotlights. They never really worked great on this game even with the hologram they washed it out and reflected too much.

Once I formalize the lighting of the acrylic I will just remove the spot lights, they are pinball bulbs kit and they highlight nicely but it is just a game that can't really use them because of reflection.

#923 5 years ago

need to rename the thread to wamonkeys creech mod (one that you can actually see finished)

The 2d style does match the 2d artwork style nicely.

#924 5 years ago

Very nice work! I’m in if you start taking orders.

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

Very nice work! I’m in if you start taking orders.

I had a guy on Etsy make the acrylic and I learned a few things since this was a total test. I would change some things on my order if I did it over like I would install the LED strip after I test fit it.

I can forward you the guys name who did mine. But if you wait I could get it a little more info to him and it would be easier - maybe he could custom cut the acrylic to fit and install LEDs to fit that custom piece. I took off his LED strip and put my own in since I had to cut it to fit it ruined his led install.

The whole point was to make it cheap, not a $300-500 item. But, unlike this thread I decided to do this and it was mostly done and shipped to me in a week. I want to refine the lighting of the acrylic I have an email out to comet pinball, that is the only issue I have, if comet won’t help I will get a light strip from elsewhere.

None of it has been hard ... very easy so far.

#926 5 years ago

I have received a few emails on this - so more detail for everyone who wants to do this on their own:

I have been asked to do a kit in a few emails, I have a full time job this is a hobby, I will not build kits but I will help people make their own and I can post a few more details. I may take it out of this forum and create its own post soon if I keep getting emails.

I cannot post the art or I should say I will not because someone on Pinside will say the usual blah blah I don't have the copyright, I am evil etc. (I hate those guys here - I own the machine and its for my personal use, it is not for money etc.) I found the image on the internet after hours of searching. I used a guy on Etsy to make the acrylic and I have ideas on the lighting but this is a do it yourself mod if you want it.

The acrylic is 3/16" thick - it is 8 inches high by 10 inches wide.

My idea is to keep this in a state to always go back to the hologram so nothing is permanent. The mod sits over the hologram and the mirror and the hologram motor are disconnected only. I would put a piece of black felt over and in between the hologram to protect it and your new acrylic once it is all set up.

You have to cut all four corners of the acrylic to fit - think one inch cutouts to hold it over the mounts on the bottom and 45 degree angles on the top to avoid mechanicals and a light socket (I made an image to show what I mean on what to cut on the acrylic).

The lighting is a work in progress most people will do this on their own in some way but my idea is to use comet pinball products again keeping it simple and reversible. Use the hologram bulb socket round 89 flasher bulb it is 12 volts - use a 3 foot matrix wire to hook it up to a 12 volt LED strip. I asked Comet if they have a strip they have not responded yet, but it would be great if they could simply get a single color green strip on the matrix style mount and you just glue / tape it to the edge of the acrylic. That would make this super easy.....

You can PM me if you want to discuss it off the forum.

Good luck....BTW this mod is easy maybe an hour if you have it all set up to be put in.

acrylic template (resized).PNGacrylic template (resized).PNGmatric one (resized).PNGmatric one (resized).PNGtwo (resized).PNGtwo (resized).PNG

#927 5 years ago

So cool! We do have 12v matrix strips, but they're a little shorter than you might want. https://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-3-SMD-505012V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/mtx3smd12vstrip.htm

Reaching out to you via email to see what might work best.

#928 5 years ago

google is your friend if you look for "line art" images

#929 5 years ago

I have received a lot of pinside mail on this - happy to help people - but I am NOT making a kit, I am not making the art, etc. I am just sharing the idea so others can benefit - everyone has been very cool in their emails and I will help as much as I can.

But, this is not for $$$ or any other commercial use in case anyone has issue with it.

I think it is a perfect mod for holograms that are old and the parts should cost way less than any hologram replacement or LCD display project with a really good result.

Notching the acrylic makes it fit over the existing hologram so nothing is permanent.

#931 5 years ago

op is too busy designing a hundred bluetooth board designs for the wpc emu project now, this aint gonna be done for years.....

above mod looks great though.

#932 5 years ago

Hologram mod from Pinballsp.
Time of death: January 6th 2019 06:17:03 CET

#933 5 years ago

Bummer dude

31BC9E74-8E22-4A6B-8D6C-CEA1970A08D4 (resized).jpeg31BC9E74-8E22-4A6B-8D6C-CEA1970A08D4 (resized).jpeg
#934 5 years ago
Quoted from Sverker670:

Hologram mod from Pinballsp.
Time of death: January 6th 2019 06:17:03 CET

What does this mean. Is he saying he isnt going to finish it?

#935 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What does this mean. Is he saying he isnt going to finish it?

It's a jab that another cheaper alternative was 'announced'... and inferring it will kill the market for his yet to be completed product

#936 5 years ago

I followed this post because I hoped for a cool alternative to the hologram but waiting forever makes alternatives come up.

Just seems like his mod will never happen or will take a very long time until it is released and now my mod took a week from idea to install.

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I followed this post because I hoped for a cool alternative to the hologram but waiting forever makes alternatives come up.
Just seems like his mod will never happen or will take a very long time until it is released and now my mod took a week from idea to install.

So sad pinballsp isn't delivering what he promised, I've would have bought his mod, since it was the only high-end replacement.
The longer he waits, the more people will drop and search for really nice alternatives since they are popping up like mushrooms.

Just ordered the gravure that wamonkey came up with, since it is innovating and "hologram-acceptable" + it's blending in with the leds for a modern and colorful look.

Pinballsp;
I'm sorry m8.

#938 5 years ago

I just wish that pinballSP would just respond. He's the one that stated the time frame for pricing and that time has come and is long gone. Now we have crickets. I hope all is well with him because this just looks really bad on his part. If the time frame has changed, which obviously it has, just let us know. We've been waiting a long time as is. Whats another few months or a year lol? Its been a long time already.

#939 5 years ago

hes around as he was posting in another thread about working on yet another project, maybe just got bored with this project or hit some sort of issue? or price is just crazy high who knows.... I'm sure he will return with more pcb or metal frame photos for every one

#940 5 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I just wish that pinballSP would just respond. He's the one that stated the time frame for pricing and that time has come and is long gone. Now we have crickets. I hope all is well with him because this just looks really bad on his part. If the time frame has changed, which obviously it has, just let us know. We've been waiting a long time as is. Whats another few months or a year lol? Its been a long time already.

I have not posted anything for 1 month, neither here nor on my Facebook, for health problems, as I indicated in the post of my DMDMK66 multicolor screens. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/18#post-4776714

The project continues, but I have decided to only post when the product is ready, I will not post anymore on the progress and details of what I am doing. I do not want to give dates either, because then they are not fulfilled and these things happen.

The last day I was working on the project was the last day 11, the fundamental problem is that I receive many orders of my multicolor DMDMK66 screens, every week and I have to take care of that. This weekend I wanted to have worked on the Hologram kit, but again I had to prepare many orders of DMDMK66 screens to send them today. Right now I'm assembling 25 screens for an order of 128x64 special screens, which a client has already asked me for a while.

However, I think there are a couple of alternative projects to mine, it should not be a problem for those who do not want to keep waiting.

PS: Just one more note, be careful with the TROLLS. Those who post only to insult, provoke and make false accusations, without any real interest in the product. I think we all know who they are, I do not need to give their nicknames, the three Germans, an Englishman, and an American-German guy, also I suspect that one of these guys also posts from another fake account. In case someone has not noticed, one of the Germans was posting from a fake account to continue insulting and provoking from anonymity, that was reported and his user is now banned temporarily and his fake account banned permanently. This guy just the next day already created another fake account to continue causing damage, so be careful and when someone only posts to insult, provoke, lie and criticize, look at his account data details, when it was created and what posts he has published.

The trolls are detected immediately, and the only effective thing is to ignore them completely. Their posts are always to criticize and destroy, never to contribute anything. Tips to detect and defeat a troll http://www.peorian.com/technology/technology-news/trolls-cyberbullies/1079-how-to-identify-and-defeat-an-internet-troll

#941 5 years ago

Well hopefully the health issues get taken care of. Glad to hear from you. Most people have waited a long time so more time isn't an issue. Thanks for the update!

#942 5 years ago

Hahaha that troll link is awesome, that describes sooo many folks that are on this forum

#943 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I have not posted anything for 1 month, neither here nor on my Facebook, for health problems, as I indicated in the post of my DMDMK66 multicolor screens. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/18#post-4776714
The project continues, but I have decided to only post when the product is ready, I will not post anymore on the progress and details of what I am doing. I do not want to give dates either, because then they are not fulfilled and these things happen.
The last day I was working on the project was the last day 11, the fundamental problem is that I receive many orders of my multicolor DMDMK66 screens, every week and I have to take care of that. This weekend I wanted to have worked on the Hologram kit, but again I had to prepare many orders of DMDMK66 screens to send them today. Right now I'm assembling 25 screens for an order of 128x64 special screens, which a client has already asked me for a while.
However, I think there are a couple of alternative projects to mine, it should not be a problem for those who do not want to keep waiting.

PS: Just one more note, be careful with the TROLLS. Those who post only to insult, provoke and make false accusations, without any real interest in the product. I think we all know who they are, I do not need to give their nicknames, the three Germans, an Englishman, and an American-German guy, also I suspect that one of these guys also posts from another fake account. In case someone has not noticed, one of the Germans was posting from a fake account to continue insulting and provoking from anonymity, that was reported and his user is now banned temporarily and his fake account banned permanently. This guy just the next day already created another fake account to continue causing damage, so be careful and when someone only posts to insult, provoke, lie and criticize, look at his account data details, when it was created and what posts he has published.
The trolls are detected immediately, and the only effective thing is to ignore them completely. Their posts are always to criticize and destroy, never to contribute anything. Tips to detect and defeat a troll http://www.peorian.com/technology/technology-news/trolls-cyberbullies/1079-how-to-identify-and-defeat-an-internet-troll

Personal issues always come first - this is only pinball.

I think there is plenty of room for mods on this machine. I think your policy to only post when something is good to go is a sound policy. Trust me I know after posting - people emailed me tons. I think only posting a completed or updates is good too much detail is bad. Your product will be outstanding - mine is a cheap temp. replacement for people who have bad holograms. I think many people who will try my "idea" (it is not a mod - because I am not selling it only helping people build their own) will buy your superior mod.

I never intended mine to be anything major, I just shared an idea, it looked pretty cool in the machine then it blew up.

I am wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best. Its only pinball....

#944 5 years ago

Feel better and keep us posted!

#945 5 years ago

Thank you all, for your good wishes and support.

#946 5 years ago

When it's ready, it's ready. Better to have a completely bullet-proofed mod, than one rushed out too soon. That being said, are we talking weeks or months for this to be completed?

#948 5 years ago

Look after yourself pinballsp, as wamonkey said it’s only pinball.
I can and will wait for your mod and in the meantime I will check back regularly.

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Well... I applaud for you!

#950 5 years ago

In the mean time. I lit mine a little differently but same effect. Great alternative, really pops in game

20190117_182033 (resized).jpg20190117_182033 (resized).jpg20190117_182041 (resized).jpg20190117_182041 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 45.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/19?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.