CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 62.
#851 5 years ago

As one of many that have been following this, I can say I am glad you are getting close to taking orders/shipping. I am still curious about the Hologram video, and did not find it on Facebook or YouTube. If it exists, a link would be helpful. Thx!

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Delayed, I'm sorry, this weekend and part of the week that comes in, I have to assemble a significant number of displays, for a customer's order.
On Friday I was testing the tool that checks the status of all pinball outputs (lamps, bumpers, flashers, hologram mechanisms), red array are playfield lamp status, green array are flasher, bumpers and power output (hologram motors and lamp). I have not had time for more, because of the unforeseen mentioned. There is a video on Facebook and YouTube.
Now I was looking at something related to the Rasbperry interrupts, to manage the signals, also for the checking tool that needs some adjustments to work well. But it will be only for a while, I have to continue with the assembly of displays, it is the priority now, I have been paid for the product and I have to assemble and send it this week.

Don't have a clue what all those blinky lights mean but it does look cool. lol Can't wait to see a finished product!

#853 5 years ago

Man! Killing me every time I see a now post I'm hoping it's a video hahaha

#854 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Man! Killing me every time I see a now post I'm hoping it's a video hahaha

I'm so evil

#855 5 years ago

not to be a "doubting thomas", but it does seem rather odd that in over a year not a single (even work-in-progress) video has been posted on how well the timing of firing off a video works

#856 5 years ago

I think I would doubt this more with video and no hardware. Waiting patiently given the other options available which are next to zero...

#857 5 years ago

I'm not in the market. I don't even care. However, I see these threads all the time. Is this like the longest anticipated mod and most talked about with no delivery? Not slamming the inventor but damn this seems to be talked about to death with no product on various threads.

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not to be a "doubting thomas", but it does seem rather odd that in over a year not a single (even work-in-progress) video has been posted on how well the timing of firing off a video works

He probably just underestimated the production time to make the video clips. Happens all the time, I should know.

I’m looking forward to seeing it when it’s ready.

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

He probably just underestimated the production time to make the video clips. Happens all the time, I should know.
I’m looking forward to seeing it when it’s ready.

I'm not sure that's what he's referring to here..

#860 5 years ago

Another mindless post to kill time, but somewhat still on topic, with nobody posting for at least 8hrs.

I long for the day when holographic images can be projected above the playfield. Or maybe you'd need to wear red/ green 3D glasses while playing, for this to work. I don't know? And I'm not referring to PB2000 and the likes of RFM or SWEP1, but still this was ground breaking stuff at the time, even if the games sucked (but in a cool way.. I can say that I own an SWEP1, so no offence fellow Gungans). But I promise if this mod does deliver, I will be sure to watch the 3D B&W full feature version through the playfield with my red/ green 3D glasses on to see what it's like to play pin and watch one of the best universal horrors made.

All things aside, who was it that said, "patience is a virtue" and "good things come to those who wait"?

How long will you have to wait... how long is a piece of string? That's easy, a piece of string is twice the distance from the middle to one end.

So give the man some breathing room and let him do what he needs to do. I'd happily wait until he's confident that he gets it right, develops protos, performance tests, bench marks up to spec etc. It'll be a much better, more solid product and I'd be pretty concerned about purchasing any product dependant on reliability, stability and longevity if was put through all these paces.

What amazes me is that some people who become complacent about a game and think that a new mod is going to change the game so radically to bring it to the next level that they forget about what drew them to the game initially. For me it was the green holo

Thanks for reading my rant and keep up the great work all you who are moders / developers etc.

CFTBL3D (resized).jpegCFTBL3D (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#861 5 years ago

Crickets

#862 5 years ago

Lots of ‘em

#863 5 years ago

We are way past due for another update on the latest revision of the mounting bracket...

#864 5 years ago

It will be ready for x-mas 2019

#865 5 years ago

Has this guy even taken orders/money yet or are people just complaining he isn't working fast enough and hasn't even taken orders?

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Has this guy even taken orders/money yet or are people just complaining he isn't working fast enough and hasn't even taken orders?

The latter. Patience is an avenue less traveled at Pinside.

#867 5 years ago

I agree he has not taken money - it is cool what he is working on - hope it comes to fruition that is all.

#868 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

If you’re referring to the mounting bracket then you might be right

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Or that he continues to make promises and claims he doesn't follow through on...

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Of course not.

#871 5 years ago

Look how long it took for the Earthshaker mod to get done and it was very cool.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or that he continues to make promises and claims he doesn't follow through on...

If he hasn't taken orders who cares? Seems ridiculous you guys think he owes you something you haven't yet paid for

#873 5 years ago

The mod creator doesn't owe us anything, but don't keep dragging this out and getting everyones hopes up if you are not gonna follow through and deliver. This has been going on for a year or so, "progress is being made", every little detail of the development has been talked about, photos posted, "it's being tested by my friend"--but still no video of it actually working. Hopefully this will work as advertised and be brought to market--the demand for this mod is obvious.

#874 5 years ago

Just wanna mention it: there is a working alternative, that has a video showing how it looks, that can be order right away. Even though its not plug'n'play and requires some individual initiative. Maybe somebody from the US likes to create some "shopping basket" from what is needed in addition to the basic kit ...
/Steve

#875 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

The mod creator doesn't owe us anything, but don't keep dragging this out and getting everyones hopes up if you are not gonna follow through and deliver. This has been going on for a year or so, "progress is being made", every little detail of the development has been talked about, photos posted, "it's being tested by my friend"--but still no video of it actually working. Hopefully this will work as advertised and be brought to market--the demand for this mod is obvious.

Which gives him all the more reason to take his time as people get on his case. He knows there's demand, most people won't even try to take on a mod of this level, and he knows he has the knowledge and know-how to do this mod. it's really simple honestly: the more people get all "wah, give me on precious mod", the more he can just take his sweet time as he has taken zero deposits from anyone (best of my knowledge).

It is what it is. Be patient. If you don't have a working hologram, get creative and cross-reference the motors, or pay up $400+ for a new hologram over at PPS, or come up with something yourself. Complaining in combination with no solutions gets no one anywhere.

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Which gives him all the more reason to take his time as people get on his case. He knows there's demand, most people won't even try to take on a mod of this level, and he knows he has the knowledge and know-how to do this mod. it's really simple honestly: the more people get all "wah, give me on precious mod", the more he can just take his sweet time as he has taken zero deposits from anyone (best of my knowledge).
It is what it is. Be patient. If you don't have a working hologram, get creative and cross-reference the motors, or pay up $400+ for a new hologram over at PPS, or come up with something yourself. Complaining in combination with no solutions gets no one anywhere.

Well said, totally agree.

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

If he hasn't taken orders who cares? Seems ridiculous you guys think he owes you something you haven't yet paid for

It's not about being owed anything.

I just have to laugh when people keep ignoring the pattern and expect something to magically be different with this product. The good news is he contracted out the software - else it would never get done. Just hope he eventually contracts out the video development too... otherwise you'll see three new hardware projects started and prototyped before you get your multimedia.

#878 5 years ago

Why would he keep showing progress if he wasn't going to follow through? It isn't like he is pulling a JPoop and has taken peoples money and is trying to keep them hanging. Im thinking if we keep bothering him he is liable to tell us all to go get stuffed and stop working on it. I want one so give the guy a break.

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Im thinking if we keep bothering him he is liable to tell us all to go get stuffed and stop working on it

Unless you come up with another challenge that needs a new piece of hardware to solve it... you face this risk.

TL : DR - this guy likes designing hardware - that's what he does. He'll post every revision he does as if it's done... then realize he could do something different, so he'll revise the design again... because the actual hardware work is what he likes. He's a horrible product owner and has no focus on actually shipping product. It's the design and build that he loves so much - he has no counter part to balance him out. So in that respect, he is a JPOP.

On top of that, he is a hypocrite when it comes to claiming people steal his ideas, while he happily incorporates other people's work into his own without credit or due. He would run around slamming and backhanding other people's products as a way of promoting his own work. He blatantly ignores other people's Intellectual Property rights. He throws stones and then cries himself the victim.

But hey, people want their creature mod so lets just cut the guy some slack...

#880 5 years ago

Every once in a while, when I’ve had a couple beers and I’m feel good, I think about making some more Creech mods. Then I come to this thread and sober up quickly

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Every once in a while, when I’ve had a couple beers and I’m feel good, I think about making some more Creech mods. Then I come to this thread and sober up quickly

I'd be willing to get you drunk if you would make more! Honestly, it would be the Ultimate BAM to all the copy cats if you just said "what the heck" and starting making them next week. lol Do IT!!!

#882 5 years ago

As long as you dont drag it out a couple years posting pictures of every new trace you add.

#883 5 years ago

Every once in a while, when I’ve had a couple beers and I’m feel good, I come here to say I’m actually surprised someone hasn’t just ripped off your design and software to fulfill demand. Probably 50+ people following this thread ready to spend $300-500+ on a Creech mod.

#884 5 years ago

where do we send the beer to Mike have you room for pallets

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

where do we send the beer to Mike have you room for pallets

I’ll go you halves John in a carton of good Aussie beer for Mike

#887 5 years ago

I already have MikeD's mod, but I'll send him some good homebrew for you guys.

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I already have MikeD's mod, but I'll send him some good homebrew for you guys.

What type of craft beers do you brew?

#889 5 years ago

What type of craft beers do you brew?

All kinds, I have a Czech Amber Lager on tap now and Sierra Nevada’s Resilience IPA in the fermentation fridge right now. What your flavor preference?

#890 5 years ago

Please!!!!..in!!!!

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

All kinds, I have a Czech Amber Lager on tap now and Sierra Nevada’s Resilience IPA in the fermentation fridge right now. What your flavor preference?

My favorite beer is Franziskaner, but any type of Hefeweizen will do

#892 5 years ago

Sierra Nevada has their East Coast factory in Asheville, and is one of my Clients. We are "beer city USA" on this front, and suspect there is nothing I can't get my hands on, beer wise.....let the bribing begin!!!!

#893 5 years ago

Oh, that’s all German stuff... maybe a hint?!
Let’s do some ColorDMD-style hints

#894 5 years ago

Paulaner is also nice !

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Paulaner is also nice !

You guys know your beer over there

#896 5 years ago

I like seeing the progress since I’m too stupid to do things like this myself.

#897 5 years ago

How much beer would it take for Mike to come out of retirement and make run of new mods?

#898 5 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

How much beer would it take for Mike to come out of retirement and make run of new mods?

More than I can drink.

#899 5 years ago

More than I can drink.

Oh well, gave it a shot!

#900 5 years ago

Stop busting this poor guy’s balls. He is working on it. Your gonna piss him off and he will quit working on it and I won’t get one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 24.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/18?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.