CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 62.
#801 5 years ago

While wearing one of my lucky socks, everything is fine, they repel trolls, just like garlic does to vampires. That, and ignore them, of course, as the wise advice of Winston Churchill suggested.

We continue with the important, the Holomod SP development, after the circus session, which we attend, from time to time, by the usual trolls, here and in the DMDMK66 post. I laugh a lot, when I temporarily remove them from my list of banned users, to see if they have come up with some "genius" with which to provoke. And I laugh much more, when I see that far from getting what they want, they only get the community to reproach their attitude, it's really GREAT, better than watching a movie.

Sin título-2.jpgSin título-2.jpg 
P1030228.jpgP1030228.jpgQuotation-Winston-Churchill-You-will-never-reach-your-destination-if-you-stop-and-44-90-83.jpgQuotation-Winston-Churchill-You-will-never-reach-your-destination-if-you-stop-and-44-90-83.jpgSin título-1.jpgSin título-1.jpg

#802 5 years ago

Get on my level broski...

86C5B555-8FED-4952-A938-6E5A63EAD1ED (resized).jpeg86C5B555-8FED-4952-A938-6E5A63EAD1ED (resized).jpeg
#803 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Get on my level broski... ...

[quoted image]

The battle of the socks.
My today socks, again Halloween socks.

There are no pinball socks ??.
Someone should design and manufacture them ... Ooppps, bad idea to comment on it in public, the troll of always sure they copy it, to then say that we are the others who have copied them, what can we expect from a troll?.

I have also designed a device to detect and alert about trolls. Patent pending.

Sin título-1.jpgSin título-1.jpgSin título-2.jpgSin título-2.jpgSUPERTROLL3_.gifSUPERTROLL3_.gif

#804 5 years ago

Keep working on the board F these trolls! My creech needs this!

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I have also designed a device to detect and alert about trolls. Patent pending

I'm sure you'll be busy designing hardware for that too instead of finishing the current thing :p

#806 5 years ago

The acrylic stand for the TFT monitor is already designed in Autocad and sent to the manufacturer. As indicated, it is made in one piece, with 4 tabs bent at an angle, to fix it to the board with 4 screws.

I just need to confirm with Jose the diameter of the holes of the 4 tabs, for the screws, I'm not sure if they are 3 or 4mm. As soon as I confirm it, I give the order to the manufacturer to do it. The mechanical part, the monitor and the wiring, everything is solved.

ScreenHunter_055.jpgScreenHunter_055.jpg

#807 5 years ago

As I said, this week I would say the estimated date of availability of the HoloModSP Kit, and it will be between two and three weeks, starting today.

Yes, I will put a video of the product working, when the time comes. I do not sell anything without giving the essential information, photos, videos, everything necessary, so that the buyer knows exactly what he is buying.

Today I have had a lot of activity in terms of the cost of product, in relation to the display, it is in the end what is occupying me the most, because I have considered up to three options. I have modify my design several times, and again I have modify it.

And finally I return to the second design, that of the acrylic bracket with braces, this allows to install a 13-inch screen. The problem with the 10-inch monitor, using a compact support, is that the visible image area does not cover the entire hole in the playfield, and although it might look good, I prefer another solution to make it perfect.

The 11.6-inch monitor, even removing the case, does not fit between the two coils on both sides of the hole, so it is also definitely discarded.

Finally, to be perfect, the ideal solution is the 13-inch display with stand in acrylic with braces. That design I already did and I put pictures, so I do not have to design or modify it, it's already done.

Tonight I have contacted a lot of providers of 13-inch TFT screens, and I have achieved very cheap prices, half of what it costs in Aliexpress distributors (they are very expensive), and less than half of what a monitor costs. In summary the cost of TFT panel of 13 inches, IPS, Full HD 1920 * 1080 + video controller, is only 45 USD plus transport. Whoever prefers the kit without screen, approximately that is what can be deducted from the total, I still have to calculate the proportional part of the transport plus any additional cost that may have from Customs, but it will be little, I calculate that in total it will be able to deduct between 55 and 60 USD who does not want the screen. Just notice, I can not give the data of my screen provider, manufacturer or model.

In the attached images, the screen and video controller that I will use in the kit, today I have order two units for the tests, which I will receive next week.

Other images attached to the dimensions and visible area of ​​the 10-inch monitor, which as you can see does not cover the entire hole of the playfield, and another image with the 13-inch screen, which is perfect with the acrylic stand with braces.

And this is all for now, just add that the kit will be delivered with 5 or 6 videos (ALL original, created and edited by me with Premiere and After Effects software), although I will be adding other videos that I will upload to MEGA for free download of the kit's buyers. All the firmware updates will be free and downloadable from MEGA with a link that I will give in the Gitub and Gitlab of the product.

3aa61581c088edacbb98648131bf0e1cc48a9233.jpg3aa61581c088edacbb98648131bf0e1cc48a9233.jpg
^AEADF490F1348A0AA39319D26330789F84503CBF7236996329^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr - ??.jpg^AEADF490F1348A0AA39319D26330789F84503CBF7236996329^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr - ??.jpg
13pulgadas_creature.jpg13pulgadas_creature.jpg
monitor_10puilgadas.jpgmonitor_10puilgadas.jpg

#808 5 years ago

This is a video, which has been sent to me by the screen provider. An IPS TFT Led panel, 13 inches, Full HD 1920*1080. As you can see, even with strong ambient light, the image is clear, bright and contrasted, with no loss of quality due to the angle of vision, as is typical of IPS panels, the best quality.

I have to get one of those plates that the Chinese use to test the TFT panels, I saw them some time ago and it will be very useful to test the screens to avoid any defective ones. At the end of the video, you can see the test plate they are using, it is used to test many types of panels, of different sizes and resolutions.

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

This is a video, which has been sent to me by the screen provider. An IPS TFT Led panel, 13 inches, Full HD 1920*1080. As you can see, even with strong ambient light, the image is clear, bright and contrasted, with no loss of quality due to the angle of vision, as is typical of IPS panels, the best quality.
I have to get one of those plates that the Chinese use to test the TFT panels, I saw them some time ago and it will be very useful to test the screens to avoid any defective ones. At the end of the video, you can see the test plate they are using, it is used to test many types of panels, of different sizes and resolutions.

That is a pretty impressive looking screen from the short video clip... did you have to commit to a large quantity order to get the price break you were after?

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

That is a pretty impressive looking screen from the short video clip... did you have to commit to a large quantity order to get the price break you were after?

The samples, which the supplier sent me today, were at the same price, and by quantity it is a bit cheaper. The problem was finding a good supplier, most of the Chinese, mainly on Aliexpress or european in Amazon, are very small distributors that apply large profit margins, as I have been able to verify.

Almost all the suppliers with whom I contacted last night, offered me similar prices, and I decided for this one that is the most economical. Also the shipping costs by courier, are much cheaper, because the weight is very small compared to a full monitor.

Really a TFT panel screen and a video controller board, are very economical components if ordered to the right provider.

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The samples, which the supplier sent me today, were at the same price, and by quantity it is a bit cheaper. The problem was finding a good supplier, most of the Chinese, mainly on Aliexpress or european in Amazon, are very small distributors that apply large profit margins, as I have been able to verify.
Almost all the suppliers with whom I contacted last night, offered me similar prices, and I decided for this one that is the most economical. Also the shipping costs by courier, are much cheaper, because the weight is very small compared to a full monitor.
Really a TFT panel screen and a video controller board, are very economical components if ordered to the right provider.

I need to do some more digging then to find better suppliers because I have been left sifting through Aliexpress and alibaba for vendors, I'm looking at the 5" range and can't find anything that looks that nice and it costs as much as more as your quoted price... viewing angle is the most important factor for my application but nice deep blacks are right up there and yours look pretty good on both.

#812 5 years ago

So small, I do not know, probably the providers offer it for portable applications with Raspberry, but I'm not sure if IPS is available for that size. Usually, providers offer from a size of 10 inches for the replacement of laptops and tablets. Smaller than 10 inches are not useful for computers and probably are not manufactured in such large quantities that they allow for cheap prices.

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

So small, I do not know, probably the providers offer it for portable applications with Raspberry, but I'm not sure if IPS is available for that size. Usually, providers offer from a size of 10 inches for the replacement of laptops and tablets. Smaller than 10 inches are not useful for computers and probably are not manufactured in such large quantities that they allow for cheap prices.

Thanks for the information, didn't realize that but it would explain my challenges finding a good monitor. I will mock up what 10" would look like, pretty comical I'm guessing.

#814 5 years ago

For those small displays may be you must look for cell phone replacements suppliers. But those screens probably will be Oled, Amoled or similar, and with interfaces like MIPI, or direct by LVDS.

I have pending some designs with small, rectangular and round shapes, displays, using fast serial MIPI interfaces. Currently there are even some microcontrollers, mainly Cortex M7, that support direct MIPI control for TFT displays.

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I would say the estimated date of availability of the HoloModSP Kit will be between two and three weeks from today. I will put a video of the product working when the time comes so that the buyer knows exactly what he is buying. The kit will be delivered with 5 or 6 all original videos created and edited by me with Premiere and After Effects software, and I will be adding other videos that I will upload to MEGA for free download of the kit's buyers. All the firmware updates will be free and downloadable with a link I provide.

Still extremely interested. Hope I can get in on your first batch of orders.
(I'm sure the one day I don't look on Pinside will be the day you start taking orders.)

#816 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Still extremely interested. Hope I can get in on your first batch of orders.
(I'm sure the one day I don't look on Pinside will be the day you start taking orders.)

Thank you.
As soon as I post the first video of the product in action, it will be a matter of a few days to start accepting orders. I already have suppliers for display, acrylic stand, PCB and all electronic components. I also have my own Pick and Place machine to assemble all the boards very fast and with the highest quality.

This weekend, I will try to test the boards that I designed to check the status of lamps and power outputs, although I have many other things to do. If I do I will post a video, from there what remains after testing the kit, are the famous animation videos, I have a few ideas, but I have to carefully read the manual of the Creature, to understand the rules of the game and with what signals interested to trigger each video.

What worries me most are the mechanical elements, so that there is a reliable installation that is simple, without complications, with everything necessary included in the kit, until the last screw.

#817 5 years ago

Just today, I received the two 13-inch IPS TFT screens with the video controller boards, with HDMI input.

I think and I hope that these are already the final screens for the kit. I have tried quite a few screens and monitors, even a tablet, and I think that finally this is the best solution, good quality, good price, high resolution, lightweight product, important for not expensive freight cost. As for its installation is also very simple, you just have to be a little careful when inserting the flat cable because it is something delicate, but there will be no problem, I will give detailed instructions, with photos and some video for installation.

So we go to the product tests, the material part is all solved and defined, there is nothing else to see. Display TFT IPS 13", acrylic stand with braces, Raspberry Pi3 and my HolomodSP board, everything is ready. Also my boards to be able to play the game on the work table with only the CPU, without the need of having the complete machine.

paneles_001.jpgpaneles_001.jpgpaneles_002.jpgpaneles_002.jpg

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Just today, I received the two 13-inch IPS TFT screens with the video controller boards, with HDMI input.
I think and I hope that these are already the final screens for the kit. I have tried quite a few screens and monitors, even a tablet, and I think that finally this is the best solution, good quality, good price, high quality, lightweight product, important for not expensive transportation. As for its installation is also very simple, you just have to be a little careful when inserting the flat cable because it is something delicate, but there will be no problem, I will give detailed instructions, with photos and some video for installation.
So we go to the product tests, the material part is all resolved and defined, there is nothing else to see. Screen, acrylic stand with braces, Raspberry and my HolomodSP plate, everything is ready. Also my boards to be able to play the game on the work table with only the CPU, without the need of having the complete machine.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Good work

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

FWIW that looks like the same screen I used to replace my DMD; it’s about $40 for the screen and $20 for the controller board, so not too bad for pretty good quality!

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FWIW that looks like the same screen I used to replace my DMD; it’s about $40 for the screen and $20 for the controller board, so not too bad for pretty good quality!

If it is Led IPS Full HD, its a good display for this application. These are used in laptops and tablets.
Before I tried others that were not IPS and had lower resolution, and the quality was terrible, with a very narrow angle of vision and very little contrast.

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

If it is Led IPS Full HD, its a good display for this application. These are used in laptops and tablets.
Before I tried others that were not IPS and had lower resolution, and the quality was terrible, with a very narrow angle of vision and very little contrast.

Yes! It's nice, glossy display with wide viewing angle and 1920x1080, unusual for the size factor. I'm using it for DMD window, not for the creature lagoon, but they seem similar in size.

#822 5 years ago

Late to the party here....sorry if it is already mentioned in the 17 previous pages, but how do we order? Is there a list?

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Late to the party here....sorry if it is already mentioned in the 17 previous pages, but how do we order? Is there a list?

Hello.
Five days ago, I confirmed that the product will be available in 2 or 3 weeks, then orders can be placed, I will fix the final price and the shipping cost. Payment system, Paypal or TT.

My friend Orlando, from STRpinball, will install and test the product in a Creature that he must restore for a client, who is also waiting to add the Holomodsp kit to his machine. He will take photos and videos on the machine, installation and running.

#824 5 years ago

Beware that the LVDS cable interface is the portion that Heighway had the most problems with for it's in-playfield display. When the PF monitors 'die' - its almost always a fault at the LVDS wire interface. They are pretty delicate... I can't speak for the root cause analysis of why the HWP ones failed so much, but one has to be careful with them, especially any strain the interface may take due to how the monitor is mounted. The HWP design had the monitor securely mounted in a frame, but still had issues.

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Beware that the LVDS cable interface is the portion that Heighway had the most problems with for it's in-playfield display. When the PF monitors 'die' - its almost always a fault at the LVDS wire interface. They are pretty delicate... I can't speak for the root cause analysis of why the HWP ones failed so much, but one has to be careful with them, especially any strain the interface may take due to how the monitor is mounted. The HWP design had the monitor securely mounted in a frame, but still had issues.

I can personally vouch for this, having destroyed 10 or 20 cables through the process of prototyping; it’s really easy to snag/break/etc those cables, and they cannot be fixed. I have not yet found a great supplier either

#826 5 years ago

Waiting for the video, very exciting!

#829 5 years ago

Today I was going to work exclusively with the Hologram Kit, but finally I dedicated it to finish the design of the new video control board for SEGA 192x64 DMDs.

However, I mounted the double flat cable, which I was missing, to connect the CPU with the HolomodSP board and the board that displays the status of all lamps, board switches, hologram and power outputs.

Everything is already connected, as the photos look, to do all the tests and finish what is missing from firmware programming.

The plan continues as indicated, the 3 weeks will be fulfilled next Friday, my idea is to finish it between this Friday and the weekend. On Monday send a complete kit to my friend Orlando, of STRPinball, for him to install it in the Creature he has from a client. And while, I will continue throughout the week, finishing some details, editing the videos of the animations and making the last adjustments (basically the copy protection system).

P1030799.jpgP1030799.jpgP1030859.jpgP1030859.jpg
#830 5 years ago

Less tinkering, more work on the video so we can see how this is actually gonna work.

#831 5 years ago

Send me one too @pinballsp, two testers are better than one.

#832 5 years ago

I'd love to be a tester, also because I want to create video content for this thing cheers

#833 5 years ago

So soon. It's close

#834 5 years ago

Excited. Count me in! Will the video be the same one MikeD used?

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Excited. Count me in! Will the video be the same one MikeD used?

Thanks.
No, all my videos are original, created and edited by me.

#836 5 years ago

Today I received the new Raspberry Pi3 A +, a model with almost the same features as the B + model (for this HolomodSP application), but it is smaller and cheaper.

The A+ model only remove the Ethernet connector and some USB connectors, which for this application are not necessary, and reduces RAM memory a bit, which will not affect the operation of the HolomodSP.

Now I'm testing it, and seeing if I adjust the design of my HolomodSP board somewhat, although as it is currently, it connects perfectly with the new Raspberry model.

In case someone asks me about the video, yes, I will publish it on Saturday (also will fix the price), after the 3 weeks I said for the product to be available. The video will be of the product running on my work table with the original Bally/Williams CPU. I want to prepare a complete kit for my friend Orlando to install in his Creature, but that will be for Monday. The operation looks the same on my work table, than on the machine, see how the videos are triggered according to the events programmed in the HolomodSP, based on the status of lamps, switches and power outputs.

I have already started to order some components to assemble the board in quantity, just today I ordered a ton of connectors, the PCB boards will be ordered as soon as the order list is closed, to know exactly how many PCBs I have to order. So I'm also testing with the new Raspberry pi 3 A +, in case I make some small adjustment in the design, but doing so will be something mechanical.

The plan, as I said in post # 360. The Order List, will open next Wednesday.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/8#post-3942116

The web sites, to download firmware updates, will be on Gitlab and Github:
https://gitlab.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP
https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP

HOLO_001.jpgHOLO_001.jpgHOLO_003.jpgHOLO_003.jpgHOLO_005.jpgHOLO_005.jpg
#837 5 years ago

Excellent news!!If I come directly to Valencia,can I buy this set directly from you?thx.

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from koontaktor:

Excellent news!!If I come directly to Valencia,can I buy this set directly from you?thx.

Thanks.
No problem, as soon as it is available, you can pick it up personally. Check the deadlines I gave in post #360.

#839 5 years ago

I'm in....Excited to see the video!!!

#840 5 years ago

I hope you keep in mind that at front of CPU board have big speaker and these addutional boards will not touch it.

#841 5 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

I hope you keep in mind that at front of CPU board have big speaker and these addutional boards will not touch it.

That was already tested long ago, with the first prototypes. I have here a pinball head with the front panel with the speakers, and also my friend Jose from Portugal tested them.

The HolomodSP + Raspberry, does not touch the front panel speakers.

21055970_1481818521898379_565747097857299661_o.jpg21055970_1481818521898379_565747097857299661_o.jpg4bcc4f96ff6c441edf782bb14f2f2f01f997e42f.jpg4bcc4f96ff6c441edf782bb14f2f2f01f997e42f.jpg7efc2f424108eee9c049668ae56a6f45f0f3b0bb.jpg7efc2f424108eee9c049668ae56a6f45f0f3b0bb.jpg

#842 5 years ago

I really hope to see some video of the final product before Wednesday when the ordering opens. Just to manage expectations....

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I really hope to see some video of the final product before Wednesday when the ordering opens. Just to manage expectations....

Me too! I’m very excited about this product, but I really need to see video of it mounted and working in a creech before I can commit to buying.

#844 5 years ago

Has a price been determined for next Wednesday?

#845 5 years ago

Wasnt there going to be a video today?

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Wasnt there going to be a video today?

Welcome to the last 2 years

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Welcome to the last 2 years

It's coming soon. Can someone repost post 360 for those of us that are too lazy to go find it?

#848 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/8#post-3942116

Soon?! heh. At least he's never taken any deposits or stopped posting updates, so I can't fault him. These things take a lot more time than you ever envision at the start. Simple obstacles become months of testing and debugging when you're just one man working in their spare time.

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Soon?! heh. At least he's never taken any deposits or stopped posting updates, so I can't fault him. These things take a lot more time than you ever envision at the start. Simple obstacles become months of testing and debugging when you're just one man working in their spare time.

And probably in search of perfection too
Let him take the time needed.
Better this then problems later on

#850 5 years ago

Delayed, I'm sorry, this weekend and part of the week that comes in, I have to assemble a significant number of displays, for a customer's order.

On Friday I was testing the tool that checks the status of all pinball outputs (lamps, bumpers, flashers, hologram mechanisms), red array are playfield lamp status, green array are flasher, bumpers and power output (hologram motors and lamp). I have not had time for more, because of the unforeseen mentioned. There is a video on Facebook and YouTube.

Now I was looking at something related to the Rasbperry interrupts, to manage the signals, also for the checking tool that needs some adjustments to work well. But it will be only for a while, I have to continue with the assembly of displays, it is the priority now, I have been paid for the product and I have to assemble and send it this week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.