CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 62.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I think Star Trek 25th Anniversary pinball could use the same concept when the transporter activates, would be cool on that machine too.

Interesting, I've seen some videos on YouTube about that machine. There is a beautiful hole (window) in the backglass, where can put a TFT display to play video animations. I do not know the dimensions of that hole to place the corresponding TFT screen size.

I have to see the electronic diagrams of Data East, to know where to capture the signals from the input (switches), output (insert lamps) and the direct power outputs (bumpers, flashers). I would have to make another version of electronic board, or one that is universal and connect with flat cables to any CPU of any pinball.

As in the Creature, many video animations can be triggered by events, not just one to replace the original image.

#652 5 years ago

Oh great, now you've given him another project.

#653 5 years ago

I’m interested in this cftbl mod when complete too.

#654 5 years ago

Is there any footage of this installed yet

#655 5 years ago

Any projected dates?

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Any projected dates?

Working to finish it this summer.

#657 5 years ago

Looks like you’ll have a bunch of orders coming up.... me included!

#658 5 years ago

Just saying, need testers

#659 5 years ago

Im sure you have plenty of people wanting to test for you but Ill volunteer if you need someone.

#660 5 years ago

pinballsp if you need any assistance or help in the motion graphics department let me know. I use to be a VFX artist at NBC sports I can prolly lend a hand on the after effects front. Cheers

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

pinballsp if you need any assistance or help in the motion graphics department let me know. I use to be a VFX artist at NBC sports I can prolly lend a hand on the after effects front. Cheers

Fellow after effects artist fist bump, bump!

#662 5 years ago

Looking forward to the release of this mod. The wait will be well worth it!

#663 5 years ago

Ok, thanks for your offer.

#664 5 years ago

Are you planning on releasing this with some videos or will.it just be a kit only

#665 5 years ago

Are you planning on releasing this with some videos or will.it just be a kit only

The product will include 5 or 6 videos, but anybody can add their own videos. It is also configurable by the user the events that trigger the videos, based on the status of playfield switches, inserts lamps, bumpers, flashers, and in general any input / output signal that appears in the manual of the machine.

Later, according to needs and demand, could add more videos, and also special programs that combine the status of several inputs / outputs with timers or counters, is something that will be seen as users are testing the product.

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The product will include 5 or 6 videos, but anybody cand add their own videos. It is also configurable by the user the events that trigger the videos, based on the status of playfield switches, inserts lamps, bumpers, flashers, and in general any input / output signal that appears in the manual of the machine.
Later, according to needs and demand, could add more videos, and also special programs that combine the status of several inputs / outputs with timers or counters, is something that will be seen as users are testing the product.

Please put as much on these as possible. I am a total puts when it comes to doing stuff like this and will probably not be able to put more stuff on it.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Please put as much on these as possible. I am a total puts when it comes to doing stuff like this and will probably not be able to put more stuff on it.

Im sure there will be plenty of fan mixes. Key is we need it out here so we can test it

#668 5 years ago

I absolutely plan on making some videos for this bad boy. And will openly share with all

#669 5 years ago

I'm definitely in!

#670 5 years ago

Still following! Been holding on to my creech just for this!

#671 5 years ago

pinballsp what’s the screen resolution of the display?

#672 5 years ago

pinballsp what’s the screen resolution of the display?

Full HD, but in vertical position.

So aspect ratio is 9:16 instead of 16:9, and resolution 1080*1920 instead of 1920x1080. Screen size, 13.3 inches. Its an IPS display, so with a good viewing angle.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Full HD, but in vertical position.
So aspect ratio is 9:16 instead of 16:9, and resolution 1080*1920 instead of 1920x1080. Screen size, 13.3 inches.

Take my money already. Ill send funds now lol

#674 5 years ago

Wish you made a list of those who want and contact when ready. I keep coming back to this thread and nothing's changed.

#675 5 years ago

... and people wonder why this hobby / industry attracts so many crooks.

He's said over and over that he won't take any money or names until he's completed it to his satisfaction. Just wait.

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

... and people wonder why this hobby / industry attracts so many crooks.
He's said over and over that he won't take any money or names until he's completed it to his satisfaction. Just wait.

Just take names so he knows how many to make in the first wave. Send out invoices to pay as they are produced. If someone passes goes to the next person in line. No deposits needed

#677 5 years ago

Just take names so he knows how many to make in the first wave. Send out invoices to pay as they are produced. If someone passes goes to the next person in line. No deposits needed

It's not finished. What's the point?

#678 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's not finished. What's the point?

Why stand in line infront of a store if it isnt open? If they got something you want, you make sure your there to get it

#679 5 years ago

Because we have to have it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or just be patient, check back, and know if you show interest you're going to get one. It's not like he's going to make 5 and be like "oops. I'm sorry. Didn't know there were another 75 people through the last 13 pages of this thread that wanted one too. Too bad I threw everything away and dumped the plans into the Atlantic."

When he says "Ok, I'm ready to take orders. Please PM me with 'x' information" - that's the time you pony up.

Until then, wait.

#680 5 years ago

Patience.
To be able to test everything well, and detect when it is interesting to trigger videos and see also that they strigger correctly, as I do not have the machine, I have designed these boards of the attached photos.

It is about being able to play the machine only with the CPU in the work table, without having to have the complete machine. Not even the controller driver board, which takes up too much space, and needs several voltages to work.

For some time I made a boardf with the 64 switches (8x8 matrix), plus the 8 direct ones that are used for the coin door and the tests. But it's not enough, I need to see in real time the status of all lamps, flashers, bumpers, and of course when the hologram motors, the mirror and the lamp are activated.

This board, connects with the inputs of the CPU, to be able to close any switch on the board, or the direct ones of the coin doors. It also captures all output signals, to show the array of lamps (8x8, 64 insert lamps), power outputs for flashers, bumpers and hologram mechanisms. Everything is shown in RGB LED arrays, and I have also added an expander of these ports, to click on custom boards for each game, I made the Creature (picture attached) with the essential lamps to identify easy and fast.

I need this not only to test the hologram kit, I will also need to play each game on my desk, for the Advanced Coloring for the DMDMK66. I can not have complete machines here, they take up too much space. With CPUs and this board is enough for me, I have CPUs from practically all manufacturers, except Spike (I was left by a friend to add Spike to DMDMK66).

At my desk, bags with material for several pending projects, including the hologram.

ScreenHunter_053.jpgScreenHunter_053.jpg
Sin título-1.jpgSin título-1.jpg
ScreenHunter_002.jpgScreenHunter_002.jpg
ScreenHunter_001.jpgScreenHunter_001.jpg
proyectos.jpgproyectos.jpg
proyectos2.jpgproyectos2.jpg

#681 5 years ago

Thank you for the update.

Wow, there's more to it than I ever imagined.
Take your time and release it when you're ready and happy with it.

Good things are worth waiting for, this IS worth waiting for.

#682 5 years ago

Looks great. I hope you don't get hit by a bus.

#683 5 years ago

On the creature board it say KISS, PAID, FILM, are you not missing the snackbar shots? (ice cream, Hotdog, popcorn and Milkshake).

#684 5 years ago

It is hard being patient for this but if he has put this much time into it I doubt he will drop the project before its finished and it should be great when he is done.

#685 5 years ago

I agree, worth waiting for! Thanks for the update!

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

On the creature board it say KISS, PAID, FILM, are you not missing the snackbar shots? (ice cream, Hotdog, popcorn and Milkshake).

That is just a small custom board, with some LEDs that I have put to see the status of some signals that I thought may be essential. It is to be able to identify them quickly when doing the tests.

In the matrix of 8x8 leds of the main board (INSERT LAMPS), I can see the status of all the lamps in the playfield (up to 64 insert lamps), besides seeing in another matrix of 8x8 leds (POWER OUTPUT), the status of the flasher lamps, the bumpers and the 3 mechanisms of the hologram (2 motors, and lamp). In that case, to know what each led indicates, Ihave to look at it in the manual of the machine, where I can identify the arrays of lamps, push buttons and power outputs.

I have already ordered the boards, I hope to have them for the weekend, and I can already test everything. In the attached photo, the approximate appearance of the board with the LED arrays mounted, the push buttons and the custom board with the LEDs to identify some lamps/outputs of the Creature.

Sin título-2.jpgSin título-2.jpg
DIAGRAMA_LAMPARAS.jpgDIAGRAMA_LAMPARAS.jpg
DIAGRAMA_SALIDAS_DIRECTAS.jpgDIAGRAMA_SALIDAS_DIRECTAS.jpg
DIAGRAMA_SWITCHES.jpgDIAGRAMA_SWITCHES.jpg

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

That is just a small custom board, with some LEDs that I have put to see the status of some signals that I thought may be essential. It is to be able to identify them quickly when doing the tests.
In the matrix of 8x8 leds of the main board (INSERT LAMPS), I can see the status of all the lamps in the playfield (up to 64 insert lamps), besides seeing in another matrix of 8x8 leds (POWER OUTPUT), the status of the flasher lamps, the bumpers and the 3 mechanisms of the hologram (2 motors, and lamp). In that case, to know what each led indicates, Ihave to look at it in the manual of the machine, where I can identify the arrays of lamps, push buttons and power outputs.
I have already ordered the boards, I hope to have them for the weekend, and I can already test everything. In the attached photo, the approximate appearance of the board with the LED arrays mounted, the push buttons and the custom board with the LEDs to identify some lamps/outputs of the Creature.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hows testing going?

#688 5 years ago

Today I received the PCB boards, there was a delay from the manufacturer, I was expecting them for the last weekend, but they did not arrive.

I also received some Velcro strips and circles a few days ago, I think it can be a good system to hold the TFT display to the acrylic holder, quickly and easily. This facilitates the assembly of the kit and also the possibility of dismantling the display of the support quickly, if necessary.

holo_001.jpgholo_001.jpg

holo_006.jpgholo_006.jpg

holo_002.jpgholo_002.jpg

holo_003.jpgholo_003.jpg

holo_004.jpgholo_004.jpg

holo_005.jpgholo_005.jpg
velcro_001.jpgvelcro_001.jpgvelcro_002.jpgvelcro_002.jpg

#689 5 years ago

the sooner the better

#690 5 years ago

Interested... put me on a waiting list (if you have one.)

Thanks and good luck.

#691 5 years ago

Just jumping in on this thread, and it looks like you've put a ton of work into this. Will follow, as I'm very interested too!

1 week later
#692 5 years ago

Any new developments. I saw you are cutting some projects to focus on this

#693 5 years ago

This weekend I will be almost exclusively with the Hologram kit, at the same time I will mount a couple of boards for the Advanced Coloring of my new Multicolor display DMDMX7, but the tests will only be for the Hologram kit.

Today I sent most of my pending orders from DMDMK66 and I am more free to work, and although I also have some professional projects pending for several companies, they can wait a bit.

The idea is to mount the boards that I put before, to be able to see all the output signals of the pinball, lamps and power signals like those that activate the original hologram. And then configure the Kit to play the video of the monster by configuring various playfield signals, some lamps and the outputs that activate the hologram engines.

Today I received from Amazon, several books that I ordered, among them one that is like the Raspberry bible, to consult some details that I may need. I have everything ready to assemble and test.

holo_001.jpgholo_001.jpgholo_002.jpgholo_002.jpg
#694 5 years ago

Fantastic! I’ll continue to watch closely. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

#695 5 years ago

I had a MikeD mod but did not like the lag the video had so I sold it. I am keeping a close eye on this one hoping its better.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I had a MikeD mod but did not like the lag the video had so I sold it. I am keeping a close eye on this one hoping its better.

I too am very excited for this mod in a virtual line with money in my pocket. Sounds great. However, if anyone else decides to dump their Mike D in the meantime, my hand is raised.

#697 5 years ago

He doesn't realize what a gold mine this will be when he finishes this. There are at least 100 orders for this immediately if I had to guess talking to other Creech owners. Or maybe he does. I don't know. Either way, finish this up quickly! LOL

#698 5 years ago

While installing the the repro hologram today I realized my original in better condition than I thought and the mirror / lamp needed adjustments.
Still, would gladly buy this the moment it becomes available!

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

He doesn't realize what a gold mine this will be when he finishes this.

I think not, but how would I know

If it was all about the money, he’d be better off making LED eyed action figurines for - fill in the blank.

Technical MODs are cool, but they are very time consuming to make and support. Plus, no matter what he comes up with there will be a vocal minority that isn’t satisfied with the product.

I think people should be happy someone is putting in the effort to develope a solution. Trust me he won’t get rich making these; if that were case someone else would have never stopped producing them.

Best of luck PinballSP. My only advise is this - stop posting until it’s done. In my experience I found it started to have a negative impact.

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I think not, but how would I know
If it was all about the money, he’d be better off making LED eyed action figurines for - fill in the blank.
Technical MODs are cool, but they are very time consuming to make and support. Plus, no matter what he comes up with there will be a vocal minority that isn’t satisfied with the product.
I think people should be happy someone is putting in the effort to develope a solution. Trust me he won’t get rich making these; if that were case someone else would have never stopped producing them.
Best of luck PinballSP. My only advise is this - stop posting until it’s done. In my experience I found it started to have a negative impact.

It's funny, Luis has another pinsider in another thread saying the exact opposite - "lets see
More details and video!" Damned if you do, damned if you don't! Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 24.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/14?hl=wfumed2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.