CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg
There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 62.
#601 6 years ago

Cant wait my hologram is dying a slow death!

#602 6 years ago

Not sure what this this mod will look like but I want in!

1 week later
#603 5 years ago

Stop teasing us, and push the CFTBL project forward! Creatures everywhere need one as do our machines!

#604 5 years ago

Hello,

My dude is blue and I am also in on the mod...is it ready to roll yet??

#605 5 years ago

Today I assembled the base where my Pick and Place machine will be installed.

I have everything ready to mount it in a couple of days and start the production of all my PCB boards with this fantastic machine, which will be of great help and will leave me free time for the tasks of designing new products and finish all pending products.

PEDESTAL_002.jpgPEDESTAL_002.jpg
PEDESTAL_003.jpgPEDESTAL_003.jpg
PEDESTAL_004.jpgPEDESTAL_004.jpg
PEDESTAL_005.jpgPEDESTAL_005.jpg
PEDESTAL_006.jpgPEDESTAL_006.jpg
PEDESTAL_007.jpgPEDESTAL_007.jpg
PEDESTAL_008.jpgPEDESTAL_008.jpg
PEDESTAL_009.jpgPEDESTAL_009.jpg
PEDESTAL_010.jpgPEDESTAL_010.jpg

#606 5 years ago

You do very impressive work and design, procurement, all the way through to the SMT manufacturing, testing and shipping! This is just amazing, and you are a great resource for the world of pinball!

#607 5 years ago

Today I installed my Pick and Place machine, in the next few days I will configure everything for the machine to assemble the DMDMK66 displays, and I am now free to design new products and finish all the pending (which are already many).

As I said, this machine automatically places the electronic components on the PCB boards, saving a lot of time in the task of assembling the product, in addition to zero cost and with the best quality.

NEO_001.jpgNEO_001.jpg
NEO_002.jpgNEO_002.jpg
NEO_004.jpgNEO_004.jpg
NEO_014.jpgNEO_014.jpg
NEO_015.jpgNEO_015.jpg

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from pcb355:

You do very impressive work and design, procurement, all the way through to the SMT manufacturing, testing and shipping! This is just amazing, and you are a great resource for the world of pinball!

Thank you very much.

I try to do everything myself to avoid high costs and to be able to offer a professional quality product at a good price.

I design the hardware (PCB), program the firmware (in C / C ++), assemble, test everything and send it. I just needed this machine to be able to manufacture by myself, without depending on anyone, quickly, zero cost and good quality. I'm even learning to create and edit videos, with Adobe Premiere/After Effects, for several mods like the Holgram of the Creature and others.

#609 5 years ago

Just start manufacturing your own PCBs and you're in business!

1 week later
#610 5 years ago

Any news or videos yet pinballsp?

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from Toxteth:

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from Toxteth:

+1 !

#613 5 years ago

He's too busy playing with his new toy.

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

He's too busy playing with his new toy.

I would be. Looks like a bear to set up and tune but once it's running... MORE MODS

3 weeks later
#615 5 years ago

did you advance on your hologram project...............because more news ....... ?????

#616 5 years ago

Anxiously waiting.

#617 5 years ago

Are we not going to get this after all this antici....pation?

#618 5 years ago

Everyone has been all amped-up and ready to order this without seeing any video of how it actually works. Cart is way before the horse, here.

#619 5 years ago

heres hoping cart and horse make it to market

#620 5 years ago

This is never going to happen. He hyped everyone up and has now dropped the ball. I know a lot of you want to say this but are afraid of the thumbs down it will receive.

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

This is never going to happen. He hyped everyone up and has now dropped the ball. I know a lot of you want to say this but are afraid of the thumbs down it will receive.

People have waited a lot longer than a year for things in this hobby and never is a real long time.If anything he is due some credit for not taking anyones money or putting anyone on a list, I admire him for that.

#622 5 years ago

Just did the halogen upgrade, but the stock hologram is still terrible and washed out. Mirror motor dead. Wiggle motor weak. Would cost me $300+ probably just to get it back to “crappy normal” again... so... another fence-sitter here. *shrug*

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Just did the halogen upgrade, but the stock hologram is still terrible and washed out. Mirror motor dead. Wiggle motor weak.

Check the connectors to the driver board and reset them. The wiggle action is pretty subtle... not much

#624 5 years ago

No order list. I keep checking back afraid I'll miss out and still nothing.

#626 5 years ago

patience

he is probably practicing wit his new machine??

https://m.facebook.com/Pinballsp/

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

patience
he is probably practicing wit his new machine??
https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp/

Yes, the installation and configuration of the Neoden4 machine, which I bought to assemble the electronic circuits, is taking me a lot of time. I also have to finish the Multicolor 128x64 DMD displays, which are custom made for a company.

#628 5 years ago

Why do I feel trolled by this thread?

#629 5 years ago

Jeez, cut him some slack. The guy is working on this in his spare time, and has multiple side projects as well.

And I don’t think getting excited is putting the cart before the horse. Most of us have seen what video looks on small LCD screens on pinball machines. It won’t be much different. Now if he was asking for pre-order money I’d be shouting for video proof, too. But he’s not.

I’m content to wait until he gets it right, and I’d prefer he got his automated systems debugged before releasing product. Sounds like he’s doing all the right things to me.

2 weeks later
#630 5 years ago

Pinballsp thank you for the development of this mod. I also anxiously but patiently await completion of the first batch. If you need an early tester

Im trying to hold off on buying a green hologram until your mod is ready.

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Pinballsp thank you for the development of this mod. I also anxiously but patiently await completion of the first batch. If you need an early tester
Im trying to hold off on buying a green hologram until your mod is ready.

Yep I keep hoping it's soon.

#632 5 years ago

Please get this done, so I’ll stop getting emails about hologram MODs

FYI - I direct everyone your way. Nobody is rooting for you more than me...... now hurry up

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

FYI - I direct everyone your way. Nobody is rooting for you more than me...... now hurry up

30 more days then I say you jump back in MikeD. I'm only getting older and less patient. Need to make my CFTBL perty.

#634 5 years ago

Thank you mike

#635 5 years ago

Thanks, Mike.
With my Pick and Place machine working and with more free time in summer, I will finish this mod.

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

30 more days then I say you jump back in MikeD. I'm only getting older and less patient. Need to make my CFTBL perty.

No mas!

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Thanks, Mike.
With my Pick and Place machine working and with more free time in summer, I will finish this mod.

Put me down for one when they are ready to order!

#638 5 years ago

its been a year already

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

its been a year already

I don't get this backlash. He never asked for deposits. He is clearly having to buy the production elements and he looks to be doing a reasonably good job of testing it for bugs.

He's not on anyone's timeline. So what if it's not done yet. Hell, you can't get the CFTBL tail lightmod and the maker doesn't even communicate with people for 6 months or longer, yet no one criticizes him.

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

...So what if it's not done yet. Hell, you can't get the CFTBL tail lightmod and the maker doesn't even communicate with people for 6 months or longer, yet no one criticizes him.

If you want to bring the light panel mod into this, Jeff gets a free pass because he has proven himself with at least three runs of an exceptionally high quality product and stands behind it. Still waiting for a video showing how this proposed mod actually works.

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If you want to bring the light panel mod into this, Jeff gets a free pass because he has proven himself with at least three runs of an exceptionally high quality product and stands behind it. Still waiting for a video showing how this proposed mod actually works.

Good for Jeff. I mean that literally. I have his light panel mod and it is one of the best mods, period. However, you still don't address the negative posts here for a product THAT NO ONE HAS HAD TO PUT A SINGLE DOLLAR TOWARDS. This is just a case of adults who can't show the patience that they teach their children to have. SMFH.

#642 5 years ago

I think most people see that he has like, seven different things on the go and hasn't finished any of them. It looks from the outside like he likes to start a project and tinker with it, but then never actually finishes it before moving on to the next project.

There's something to be said for one at a time, finish it and THEN start a new one.

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I don't get this backlash. He never asked for deposits. He is clearly having to buy the production elements and he looks to be doing a reasonably good job of testing it for bugs.
He's not on anyone's timeline. So what if it's not done yet. Hell, you can't get the CFTBL tail lightmod and the maker doesn't even communicate with people for 6 months or longer, yet no one criticizes him.

Sorry, the way I meant that didn't come across. I didn't mean " hurry the fuck up, it has been a year already" I just meant " wow, it has been a year already". No biggie. He will get it done. I would rather him take his time and put out a good product than him put out some POS that will not be good. I will buy one when he gets it done. It is hard to wait though.

#644 5 years ago

Creature was my first pin, built in March 1993 and purchased by me in 1994 and, of course, home use only since then. I replaced the lagoon plastic and stockpiled a few spare lagoons and ordered a spare plastic set and an extra OEM hologram which has been stored for decades in its original packaging inside a box to keep it away from light. I enjoyed the original hologram for 20 years (still green because of limited home use in a fairly dark game room) before boxing it up with the brackets and motors and installing the MikeD TV mod. I've also added the lit taillight speaker panel kit, deluxe panel with mirrored bumpers, ColorDMD, prototype 3-D translite (there is no production 3-D translite), EL-wire snackbar mod, full LEDs, green undercab lighting, and black nickel plated legs and leg bolts.

And I will be ordering this new kit whenever it is made available, in case it is even better (changes scenes faster maybe?) than the MikeD mod. (My wife doesn't want me buying any more pins so I try to make the ones I already have the best I can.)

#645 5 years ago

I will buy one when they are ready.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:Creature was my first pin, built in March 1993 and purchased by me in 1994 and, of course, home use only since then. I replaced the lagoon plastic and stockpiled a few spare lagoons and ordered a spare plastic set and an extra OEM hologram which has been stored for decades in its original packaging inside a box to keep it away from light. I enjoyed the original hologram for 20 years (still green because of limited home use in a fairly dark game room) before boxing it up with the brackets and motors and installing the MikeD TV mod. I've also added the lit taillight speaker panel kit, deluxe panel with mirrored bumpers, ColorDMD, prototype 3-D translite (there is no production 3-D translite), EL-wire snackbar mod, full LEDs, green undercab lighting, and black nickel plated legs and leg bolts.
And I will be ordering this new kit whenever it is made available, in case it is even better (changes scenes faster maybe?) than the MikeD mod. (My wife doesn't want me buying any more pins so I try to make the ones I already have the best I can.)

Do you want to sell one of your original holograms, you don’t need two?

#647 5 years ago

Next in line for you extra green hologram - mines blue

I'm patiently in line for this mod as well. In market for all the other mods you listed as well. new CFTBL owner here.

#648 5 years ago

Here is the answer to when it will be done.

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

and happy to 2nd that jeff backs his product 100% terrific to deal with but the first obsevation is correct hologram dude made no promise of timeline i look forward to singing his praises when this hits the market

2 weeks later
#650 5 years ago

I would buy one as well, this mod will be great if it is anything like MikeD mod.

Seems like someone should be able to do this with a Raspberry PI or something with a LCD monitor.

I think Star Trek 25th Anniversary pinball could use the same concept when the transporter activates, would be cool on that machine too.

Or a PROC driving a video at a certain time seems possible, not by me but someone smarter than me or more motivated than me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 3,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/13?hl=genxrjdm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.