You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
15342806659407604398584110516095 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 5 years ago

I think I have gone as far as I can without some extra help...I have a Chicago Coin Hollywood. The playfield runway switch when closed pulls the ball index relay in (as it should) points can be scored or not and when ball drains either goes to ball 2 (1 player game) or player 2 ball 1 (2 player game). The problem I am having is if I score any bonus at all when the score motor rotates to count it down (after ball drains) the ball index relay releases before bonus is counted and the ball count unit will not step up OR when the extra advance switch is hit (score motor rotates) the ball index relay opens and when the ball drains the ball count unit will not step up.

Any time the motor rotates the ball index relay is released. Should this be the case? Or once activated should it stay energized until outhole relay activates?

So what should I be looking at here?

#2 5 years ago

Check that Outhole M/B and score motor sw?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check that Outhole M/B and score motor sw?
[quoted image]

I spent hours looking over that exact circuit...C3 is normally closed and opens with each rotation of the motor and then closes again. Which I believe is the correct function. I will check the outhole relay again.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks currieddog! Was indeed the M/B switch on outhole relay! Thought it was making good contact but was not.

Next problem. As bonus is counting down...it steps down twice, slight pause, steps down twice, slight pause..etc. Each time it steps down twice it only score 1000 once instead of twice. So if bonus is 10,000 when ball drains you are awarded 5000...Ideas on this?

#5 5 years ago

Guessing issue is here somewhere?

15342806659407604398584110516095 (resized).jpg15342806659407604398584110516095 (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

I would check the bonus stepper.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

I would check the bonus stepper.

I will look it over again...I was thinking it was some sort of a pulsing issue maybe...

#8 5 years ago

Looking at the schematic it would seem that the Bonus Unit Reset coil and the 1000's Drum unit used to pulse twice for each 1/3 motor revolution, and now the 1000's Drum unit only pulses once for each 1/3 motor revolution.

So check these switches on the motor.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Looking at the schematic it would seem that the Bonus Unit Reset coil and the 1000's Drum unit used to pulse twice for each 1/3 motor revolution, and now the 1000's Drum unit only pulses once for each 1/3 motor revolution.
So check these switches on the motor.
[quoted image]

Thank you sir! D1 was filthy. That fixed it!

Next issue. The STAR outholes when lit do not seem to be awarding their bonuses ( double bonus, lite special, lite extra ball...) They award 500 points per hole like normal (when not lit).

The S award works (5000 points). TAR do not award their bonuses/awards.

#10 5 years ago

Ok so I just noticed something else that may be more important 1st... the drops are not resetting when I push start and the reset relay stays pulled in...

Oh I am a dummy...outhole switch has to be closed which I have to do by hand when playfield is lifted.

So back to the previous TAR awards not working. The coils for these do not activate and they will not hold if I activate by hand (but will lite corresponding award while I hold the relay in).

#11 5 years ago

And the outhole relay strikes again! A second make break switch was not making at rest. Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.