IMG_20200218_183649 (resized).jpg
20190331_122943 (resized).jpg
8EB477E6-9A91-4C15-B681-4EEC2FED2404 (resized).jpeg
index(2).jpg
80D8FB96-E77E-43A7-861A-DA8465D5C26E.gif
20180729_212811 (resized).jpg
20191013_054529_resized (resized).jpg
20190323_220347_resized (resized).jpg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im live now, and Ill be live later tonight.
https://www.twitch.tv/nouseorname

That looks really good man!

And you like the gameplay alot?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

oldschool77 this is the one i'm looking at also. I don't care about the siren, it's going in my house. That siren would need to be disabled anyway. What's "GI"? and i can't tell if it's got a lot of fade... where are you seeing that?

The translite is faded bad (If you like all OEM like i do, Mayfair want's $150 for a new one, so factor that in, no one else has the NOS ones....i checked). Most of the gold areas on the PF had significant paint loss (Typical on GW but worth noting), and the "cloud" plastics are super faded in the purple. And it's been sitting so long all the rubbers have turned into chalk, so there's tons of "powder" all over the place....not a huge deal, was gonna do a full tear down anyways, but still worth noting.

I agree with the Siren, that wasn't the deal breaker for me. The problem was she's listing it for her dad....so there's a ton of delay getting back with answers to her questions (Like nearly a week to answer two questions). Not her fault, she's doing the best she can do but it made things frustrating. She eventually sent me pics of the PF, (clean) boards, and a game play vid. It seems to work fine except the GI (General Illumination) is out. Again....mostly cosmetic stuff and fixable which is OK, but still not (in my opinion) worth $1000 so i moved on.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

When I had Hollywood Heat, I added a mix of Pink, teal and purple Titan rubber around the playfield. Really worked well with the playfield color scheme.[quoted image]

That looks fresh! I wonder if there is a way to put a pink led light under the clear flamingo plastic in the middle so the edges glow like you see on some toppers?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

That looks really good man!
And you like the gameplay alot?

Its enjoyable. I have a bunch of system 80b at my disposal. HH, GW, MC, and J to O.

GW is def the most fun of the 4. I enjoy the synth music, multiball, and weird flipper layout.

#55 4 years ago

Well.... The gold wings sold for more than it should have.

Must have been a die hard fan or someone that needed it bad.

So... Looking like Hollywood Heat will most likely be the one.

#56 4 years ago

It all works out for a reason. I couldn't stop looking at the translite of mine.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Well.... The gold wings sold for more than it should have.
Must have been a die hard fan or someone that needed it bad.
So... Looking like Hollywood Heat will most likely be the one.

You like what you like. Just like you said, someone was probably really wanting one. Every game is someone's grail. Honestly, if it wasn't for all the tiny issues, and lack of quick response, i probably would of given her $1000 for it (that was their offer back to me, so that's probably what it sold for). It was just more of a project then i have time to deal with at the moment, and i'm no good at throwing a game in the garage and forgetting about it until i have time to mess with it, gotta fix it now!!! ha ha!!

Be careful, people have been overpricing Hollywood heat lately too. Having owned 4, unless it's a really nice example of it don't pay more then $1200.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

When I had Hollywood Heat, I added a mix of Pink, teal and purple Titan rubber around the playfield. Really worked well with the playfield color scheme.[quoted image]

I went full on and did more, but i should get some new pink teal rubbers for mine aswell.

IMG_20200218_183649 (resized).jpgIMG_20200218_183649 (resized).jpgIMG_20200218_183725 (resized).jpgIMG_20200218_183725 (resized).jpg
#59 4 years ago

Oh man that is great! The best thing about Hollywood heat us the art. The Patrick Nagel look was a perfect theme.

SmartSelect_20200218-133050_Google (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20200218-133050_Google (resized).jpg
#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

I went full on and did more, but i should get some new pink teal rubbers for mine aswell.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow lets see that under a UV light!

#61 4 years ago

Wow lets see that under a UV light!

....LOL?

Quoted from Viggin900:

Oh man that is great! The best thing about Hollywood heat us the art. The Patrick Nagel look was a perfect theme.[quoted image]

Funny enough i have toyed around with making a plastic for the lower left outlane feature that particular lady, although just in the "radical idea lets see how it might look" level of development sofar.

IMG_20181004_164830 (resized).jpgIMG_20181004_164830 (resized).jpg
#62 4 years ago

also a better pic of the upper playfield, i only have my Huawei to take them with LOL:

IMG_20181028_200424 (resized).jpgIMG_20181028_200424 (resized).jpg
#63 4 years ago

Whats the lol about? I bet it glows like crazy! So many fluorescent colors there....

#64 4 years ago

Whats the lol about? I bet it glows like crazy! So many fluorescent colors there....

OOOh right HAHA i thought you meant i should look for cumstains with the UV

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

OOOh right HAHA i thought you meant i should look for cumstains with the UV

I kinda thought you did by your response....HA!

#66 4 years ago

Sadly its having boot issues atm, it only boots up every 3/10 times, thats why the manual is on it, but i'll look at it after im done with Goldwings.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

it only boots up every 3/10 times

Try booting with the fluorescent light removed. The EMI from those sometimes affect the boot.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#68 4 years ago

Luzur that looks really sharp. Did you powdercoat the metals pink? very well done!

#69 4 years ago

Oldschool77 yeah... it's a really nice example of a game. honestly. He does really good work and has done all the mods the right way. LED'd. Done touch ups. It's in about as good a shape as it can be. I would change out the backglass. Has an undercabinet light kit too.

Your price range is right about there. It's around my range too.

now i'm starting to REALLY like the early 80's wide bodies though....

decisions, decisions....

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

oldschool77 yeah... it's a really nice example of a game. honestly. He does really good work and has done all the mods the right way. LED'd. Done touch ups. It's in about as good a shape as it can be. I would change out the backglass. Has an undercabinet light kit too.
Your price range is right about there. It's around my range too.
now i'm starting to REALLY like the early 80's wide bodies though....
decisions, decisions....

Yeah it looks pretty good, i'm not a "mod" guy so i typically don't feel like that raises the value to me (with the exception of new games), so to each their own! I spend half my time returning games back to original OEM, but i buy out of nostalgia since i'm old enough i remember playing these when they are brand new, so i want to own them how i remember.

FYI I think there was a Volcano in Richmond on Craigslist which i'm pretty sure is a wide body.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

luzur that looks really sharp. Did you powdercoat the metals pink? very well done!

Yeah, first time though at a friends coatingshop so i hope it works LOL

Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Try booting with the fluorescent light removed. The EMI from those sometimes affect the boot.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

Ah, will try ASAP, thanks

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldschool77:

Yeah it looks pretty good, i'm not a "mod" guy so i typically don't feel like that raises the value to me (with the exception of new games), so to each their own! I spend half my time returning games back to original OEM, but i buy out of nostalgia since i'm old enough i remember playing these when they are brand new, so i want to own them how i remember.
FYI I think there was a Volcano in Richmond on Craigslist which i'm pretty sure is a wide body.

Yeah Volcano is a Gottlieb widebody. I miss mine.

#73 4 years ago

Can this thread be the first “Dual pin club”

Just change the title to “Hollywood Heat & Gold Wings Club: Because they’re both Sweet”

1 month later
#74 3 years ago

me and a buddy just picked up a few pins on a group buy. nice Hollywood heat in the mix. will be up for sale in st. louis as/is needs shopped and needs a ramp ,plays!

2 months later
#75 3 years ago

Anyone have a Gold wings Topper for sale; working or not? If so, please PM.

#76 3 years ago

Hollywood heat, love that crazy bonus at the end when you get the multipliers built up. The heat bumper is also very cool, just be sure you have that area cleaned well with fresh rubber rings. A shopped Hollywood Heat is a fantastic Gottlieb that’s very fun to play!

#77 3 years ago

I own both, I think Goldwings is the better playing game, there’s a flow to it and the music is killer. Here’s mine with the Topgun trans light, I’ve been wanting/trying to find the Grand theft auto trans for HH.
5F6058BA-FA2C-49F5-8859-FA10A17ED3AC (resized).jpeg5F6058BA-FA2C-49F5-8859-FA10A17ED3AC (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#78 2 years ago

Gold wings is my baby!!!!

#79 2 years ago

The Heat is on!
Tough call but if Goldwings wasn't made there would still be F-14 and Airborn to play. Without Hollywood Heat there would have never been a Miami Vice theme game. For that reason is why it deserves a spot in the HOF. Taking a chance on a license.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dayton, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-vs-gold-wings-/page/2?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.