(Topic ID: 289599)

HollyWood Heat/System 80b Weird Sound Issue.

By tait316

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tait316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

So I finished up my work on my HollyWood Heat. Got everything looking nice but the game does the oddest thing.

At the end of the high score display there is a relay that kicks on to shut the lights off and it causes the sound board to get stuck. Anyone got some ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks.

1 month later
#2 3 years ago

tait316 - did you ever resolve this issue? I had a similar problem on my HH where it would have a stuck sound, yet continue to let you play. Moved it across the room and it never happened again... (yet...) I personally have not done the ground mod on my machine yet, but will likely do it this week just so it's taken care of. Best of luck solving this.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

tait316 - did you ever resolve this issue? I had a similar problem on my HH where it would have a stuck sound, yet continue to let you play. Moved it across the room and it never happened again... (yet...) I personally have not done the ground mod on my machine yet, but will likely do it this week just so it's taken care of. Best of luck solving this.

No I never really found a solution. I was thinking about contacting someone who works on gottlieb boards to ask if they've ever come across it. I think I'll try cleaning the connectors to the board and see if that does anything. If I get some more info I'll make sure to post it here in case yours does the same again. ^_^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-system-80b-weird-sound-issue?hl=tait316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.