By Cherga

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Just got a Hollywood Heat in unknown functional condition. Checked fuses and found several blown before power up. Replaced them and game started and played without sound but would randomly reset. Reseated all connectors and performed ground mods. Played a few games and sound was restored. Several power cycles later, random resets persisted and sounds come and go. Determined the power supply was the cause of the resets, the slightest movement of either connector would cause resets. Tried reflowing solder joints without success so I replaced the supply and the game stabilized.

Game is fully functional and playable but no music so I’m assuming the resets damaged something on the sound board. Game/switch sounds are present but no music and LED is solid and not blinking. Replaced 6502 (known-good) at T3 and still have the same results. Installed a MA-766 from another game and everything worked so it’s definitely a board problem. I’ve owned just about every Sys80b and have been fortunate enough to have never had a sound problem until now so I’m a little lost on where to go next in working through this problem.

Shooting in the dark on next steps so any help is appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-sound-problem-help-needed?tu=Cherga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.