Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mtkinf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I picked up a mostly working Hollywood Heat a few months ago. I've worked through most of the problems at this point and now the game is fully playable and pretty fun. Now I'm getting to the non-critical problems and I have one that's maybe easy but I would love some guidance if anyone is willing.

The current problem is that the sound that is supposed to be played when the ball hits the slingshots above the lower flippers is not happening. If the ball hits one of them, the only sound is the coil firing. What I think is happening is that pushing a flipper button is generating that sound that the slingshots are supposed to generate. I believe I have confirmed this by advancing the drop targets up to extra ball, in which case the flipper buttons alternate the extra ball light/location from the upper playfield to the lower and the slingshots do not.

Am I crazy or are there some crossed wires? Thanks.

3 months later
#2 9 years ago

It seems that the problem is fixed. It was apparently a grounding issue.

Thanks to all who replied!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
$ 7.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 3.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-slingshot-sounds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.