View topic image gallery

14386974160591.jpg
14386970096711.jpg
14386955767531.jpg
Hollywood Heat.jpg
bonscott.jpg
translite_hollywood-heat_pinball_gottlieb_01.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hello friends. Wondered if anyone has had any luck finding a replacement translite for Hollywood Heat. I've seen alternative translites overseas but they are expensive. I have the machine in working order except for the sound which is stumping me. I sent the sound board to CoinOp Cauldron where it was checked out and sent back. Seems to be OK so I'm looking for a chip possibly on the cpu or driver board. The speaker is good as is the volume pot. Otherwise this machine is a beauty. If anyone has any words of wisdom pertaining to my problems I would surely appreciate it.

#2 7 years ago

I have not been able to track an original NOS HH translite down (6 months now). I have just about given up on finding one.

1 week later
#3 7 years ago

Sound commands goes from CPU via driver board ( A3 -J1 and A3-J5 ) to SND board.
Make sure that's A3-J5 connected properly

Also take a look on board A5, small board with heathsink (audio amp), if you are able to make
some measurments at A5

J1 pin 1 --> +12 Vdc

J1 pin 5 --> -12 Vdc

J1 pin 10 --> +12Vdc (another 12Vdc )

Greetings from Croatia

#4 7 years ago

i have access to one that i could copy just have to find some place to get it re copied i used to get stuff done at staples on transparent vinyl let me know if your interested i will make some calls.

#5 7 years ago

Yes, I am going to the Ohio show and would pay good money for a good repro translight. I'm fairly certain a well known collector in your area owns one...

#6 7 years ago

I would also be interested if a translite were to be available.

#7 7 years ago

Need I say more?

translite_hollywood-heat_pinball_gottlieb_01.jpg

#8 7 years ago

Size is (sometimes) important ?

#9 7 years ago

Yeah, uh no thanks... I don't need any white trash on my machines.

#10 7 years ago

We have a Hollywood Heat at Superelectric Pinball Parlor. The translit is a little faded but we might be able to scan it and enhance the colors. We'll be at the Ohio Pinball Show so come talk to us and we might have it ready by then. If you aren't going to be at the show send me a message and I'll let you know when we have it done.

#11 7 years ago

I have already passed on the alternate ones. I want a nice crisp original looking one.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from ironmaidenpin:

i have access to one that i could copy just have to find some place to get it re copied i used to get stuff done at staples on transparent vinyl let me know if your interested i will make some calls.

How does this come out quality wise? Looks good when backlit? I am guessing not good, but interested if it does come out well. Staples really has this large size transparent vinyl sitting around waiting for people to get stuff copied?

#13 7 years ago

yes they use for lighted billboards
mine is the guy in front of the car with the to girls on ether side of him

#14 7 years ago

i will try to get some done before ohio show and take them with me if i can

#15 7 years ago

Danial Mcdonald on fb has been working with a company who makes cutom translights and he is haveing them dezign a new ac/dc one for his game if anyof you are on fb u might hit him up if mine don't pan out or your looking for something different

#16 7 years ago

He is a low res pic of the translit we are working on for Daniel. We hope to have some extras ready to go before the Ohio show.

bonscott.jpg
#17 7 years ago

I spent the evening enhancing the color saturation on the original translite that I have. Here is what it looks like now. Let me know if you'd like to have one printed.

Hollywood Heat.jpg
4 months later
#18 7 years ago

Hard to tell by the quality of the pic, but how does it look after being printed? Im looking for a translite, but it doesnt need to be NOS or even original.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from davidngreer:

Hard to tell by the quality of the pic, but how does it look after being printed? Im looking for a translite, but it doesnt need to be NOS or even original.

If you click on the image it will blow up to full size. We sold our Hollywood Heat before having one printed up so I haven't spent the cash to get one made. The whole image has a grainy quality and I can't tell if that is just how these looked initially or if it was just deterioration. I'm half tempted to do a less cheesy remake just because a lot of people seem interested in a new translite for the game.

1 year later
#20 6 years ago

Yeah good luck finding a perfect original translite and the reproduction looks a little trashy. Whats the best resolution for printing one myself? Thinking this would be pretty cool...14386955767531.jpg

#21 6 years ago

Or something like this from GTA14386970096711.jpg

#22 6 years ago

14386974160591.jpg

1 month later
#23 6 years ago

For no sound, check Z13 on the driver board. 80B sound boards rely on it to function properly.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside